• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    57 year old father playing darksouls Day 6

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Day 6

    It is great to be back! 2 bosses down today!

    I logged in and was thinking about running to the gate that I opened but instead I decided to try and kill the titanite demon. After 3 attempts I killed it and it felt great. I followed the path and found a forest with trees and stone knights that slowed me to hell. After dying 8 times in the forest I found a ruin that led me up to a boss. The moonlight butterfly boss was the easiest so far and I managed to kill it om my first attempt :)!! I also found an devine ember at a dead blacksmith on top.

    On my way back I explored more and found a door that was sealed and a path leading down. When going down I died 4 times to a knight with black armor, in the same place I found an awesome shield and a new bonfire in a tunnel. The tunnel led to alot of dragons wich killed me several times and gave up on that path. Instead I went down the basin and found crystal guys and a hydra. The hydra killed me 9 times before I realized I could step in the water and make it switch attacks. After killing the hydra I found a tower with a heavily armored short guy. I killed him with some easy backstab and got an awesome ring.

    The tower was a shortcut to undead burg and where I previously fought the Taurus demon. On my way back I examined the waterfall and went up a hidden ladder taking me to an new place. After getting killed by human like npc's I gave up and decided to go to the gate I opened instead.

    I arrived at sens fortress instantly dying from traps and really strong snake guys. Then I got pushed to my death by giant axes on small ledges. On top of all some of the snake guys was shooting lighting right on me as I was struggling on the small ledges. I died many more times and got really frustrated, but after 3 hours I finally started to get a hang of the place and got further and further. I found a new room with a chest that ate me.... And after that I took a brake., just to get straight to the top on my first try after.

    I continued up and found a boss but I got instantly killed because of the guy throwing boulders. I ran through sens fortress again looking for a bonfire but did nt find any. I found a bridge and jumped to the other side. Got a key from an npc there and talked to a guy selling me armor. The key unlocked a shortcut up and down like a cage elevator.

    I explored the upper parts more and found a guy named Ricard and killed him along with balder knights. Then I tried the boss again. He killed me 3 more times before I manged to make him fall out of the arena (awesome) and I logged out for the day!!

    Total playtime 53 h 21 minutes. Souls level 45

    submitted by /u/ThomasTuckerman
    [link] [comments]

    RIP Solaire

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    So I left my cousin on my ps3 playing darksouls for 10 minutes and I came back to him finishing killing Solaire.....he got banned from the house.

    submitted by /u/Dementosintheheados
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite rare or less used enemy design in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    For me it has to be the frog rays in Darkroot. They're easy to kill, and there are only like...five of them. But they just look really cool to me. They're colorful and shiny, and they really stand out visually in an area mostly populated with greenish enemies.

    Which begs the question why they're even in the game. I'm guessing someone was like "NAH MAN, WE NEED TO KEEP THE FROG RAYS." So they compromised and shoved them behind that whiny tree.

    submitted by /u/BananaTsunami
    [link] [comments]

    Drawing GRAVELORD NITO! (or trying to)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    This is the latest effort for the gaming pin-up series on my Youtube channel. Quite a bit more challenging that the norm. And only TRUE Souls fans can tell me for sure if it works. :) http://comicsartacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/dark-souls-pin-up.jpg

    submitted by /u/ekaaaans
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts after first playthrough, in no particular order

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Undead Burg & Undead Parish were amazing experiences as a completely new player. The level of fear/anticipation/satisfaction was unreal. Discovering the shortcuts that lead back to Firelink, learning to deal with the hollows and discovering my playstyle. Making my way through the church for the first time and discovering the Bell Gargoyle's - really incredible level design.

    Sif. Oh Sif. When i first stumbled upon you, I knew nothing about your story, about Artorias and the Abyss. I killed you to defend myself. But I don't blame you, and I hope you don't blame me for what I had to do.

    Blighttown was an excellent exploration, loved having to adapt to the poison enemies. Quelaag was easily the most terrifying of my encounters.

    Ornstein and Smough gave me very little trouble - overlevelled, using Black Knight Greatsword, and reading strategy posts before going into it. May have robbed myself of an experience there.

    MANUS. How i hated you. How many fucking times I had to run through the abyss to get smashed by you. I finally figured out how to dodge your magic attacks. And of course the time I beat you, you didn't even use one magic attack. But damn it did feel amazing to put you in the ground and have Elizabeth pat me on the head.

    Overall, first half of the game was much more memorable and unique than the second half. DLC rocked my cock. Loved the tragic heroism of Artorias.

    And Gwyn. The fight was not hard, but somehow that made it even more fitting - the Chosen Undead, after casting down ancient dragons and depraved demons, after slaying the Father of the Abyss and the Gravelord himself, must now deal with the formality of usurping an old and tired god who sits alone by a bonfire in a deserted land. Gwyn still had a spark left in him, but by then the Chosen Undead had dealt with all manner of depraved creature. What was one more who had lived beyond his time?

    Anyway, first time playthrough of the game was truly unique and beautiful experience. I am excited to still have DS2 and 3 to play through to reveal more of the lore and to experience the different iterations the game mechanics go through. Thanks for being there for me whenever I got frustrated and stuck, you guys rule.

    submitted by /u/Gulliver123
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I've just killed Gywn with the help of Solaire, And I chose to link the fire. And while I was doing it thought of how beautiful the game was. Even if it was hard I still loved it, and I was feeling happy that I beat it. Adding onto this the song for the credits made me cry a bit. I'm excited to play through this beautiful game again on NG+.

    submitted by /u/spacedoutKarl
    [link] [comments]

    Taurus demon

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I want to know how you approached him, for me I thought that you couldn't fight him on the narrow pathway so I went up to the circular roof couldn't beat him and then I realised I could block his attacks and I started fighting him on the narrow pathway and beat him, pretty fun to be honest.

    submitted by /u/Theluckyfamily13
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire build help

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    What do you think his physique is? Average didn't seem to work for me the first time.

    submitted by /u/EliteKnightDrek
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    Just killed Quelagg last night after about 20 tries. Blighttown is such a depressing place😔 but that victory is the most joyful thing in life. Then of course I lost 18 000 souls by falling off a ledge and getting killed by those little fire breathing dogs in Blighttown. Of course

    submitted by /u/Milkshake_samme
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow I died to Pinwheel

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    I feel so embarrassed and stupid I never thought I'd see this day. I'm currently on my ng+ play though and just made it to pinwheel, one thing that came before this was hitting level 50 strength allowing me to finally wield the dragon great sword I chopped off of the dragon in ash lake. I decided to try it on pinwheel and came in way to confidently. I wasn't used to the windup and recovery and he managed to just bash me with fireballs with his clones. I Just swung randomly and I just died and god do I feel stupid. So I switched back to my +4 black knight halberd and whopped his ass in 10 seconds.

    submitted by /u/MeMeBigBoy513
    [link] [comments]

    Does the darkmoon blade glow brighter as you rank up in the covenant?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Playing DSR and I feel like it does. Currently +2 and I swear it was not as bright as it is now. Also the weapon description sorta suggests it might do that. "The power of the rays of the darkmoon are manifested in vengeance, and the deeper the animus, the more devastating the attack" couldn't find any online sources to confirm this

    submitted by /u/W3rodst
    [link] [comments]

    I have been playing Remastered.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Just got to Ornstein and Smough battle. I have to say I absolutely loved Bloodborne, despite frustrations with it. Everything was brilliant, IMO. Thus far, I haven't enjoyed Dark Souls. It isnt the difficulty, as I have gotten through quite a bit of it with relative ease. Granted, I did not enjoy Bloodborne the first time I played, although I was fascinated by the world and story. After beating Cleric Beast I loved it.

    Am I missing something about Dark Souls? I know that for some folks it took a bit to really enjoy it, but I don't suck at the game but I haven't yet found any enjoyment in it. I have read that it takes time to get into it, that it isn't for everyone, etc. I just have a library of other things to do including games to play and I don't know if spending more time with Dark Souls is worth it.

    My question is, if by Ornstein and Smough I haven't enjoyed the game, is it just not for me or is there a point where things change and I will likely enjoy it more?

    submitted by /u/Stoney_Visage
    [link] [comments]

    DS1/DS2/DS3

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    on your first play through which was the most challenging for you? for me probably DS1

    submitted by /u/alexamadorxx
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls. Definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played. Can I get some recommendations for a fun and non over powered build for a second play through?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    My previous build was all elite knight armor, claymore, havels ring, fast roll. I felt like I demolished anything in my path. What is a build that is just as fun, but doesn't feel crazy op?

    submitted by /u/Oliver_O_O_
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the DSR activity on Switch?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Hello baba sheep here :bebe:. Wrapping up DS3 as we speak but am somewhat itching to go through Lordran again (will prolly end up with BSS again).

    I only have Switch version atm, hows online activity at the moment? Would like to duel someone on pvp arena or something I guess, just have fun. Are there invasions? Whats the volume of online activity as we speak?

    Cheers, bebe

    submitted by /u/KingBabaWooloo
    [link] [comments]

    I just got dark souls a few days ago.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    I just got dark souls remastered a few days ago and I am super bad at it so if anyone has any tips or things I should know please share. I know nothing about this game and I'm only at undead burg.

    submitted by /u/squidofsquid
    [link] [comments]

    Cant believe i bought this game again. I f*cking love it.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    I remember the days on ps3 when the BKGA reigned supreme before giant dad and havel mom and everyone was all about laggstabbing.

    Then when it came out on PC i bought it again and also ps4, always playing a different type of character.

    Now I bought it on switch, 9 years later from when I originally bought the game. I am still hooked on how to build a character and have so much fun looking up builds and different playstyles and figuring out what movesets i like. I am currently trying a faith/dex run with the great scythe and I feel like i am experiencing the game as a noob all over again getting use to the windup on the swings (running r1 is amazing tho). i will also admit 9 years later, i still suck at parrying haha.

    I hope all you vets and noobs are still having a blast with this game cuz i am. I'll see you in there!

    submitted by /u/spectre1006
    [link] [comments]

    DS rematered in xbox one there's no help

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    I really love to help some player like a sun bro do, but at least in xbox no one needs help, i can put my sign and wait there for almost 1 hour and rarely someone will touch...i missing something?

    submitted by /u/musosaki
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you think the most annoying single enemy in the game is?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    As in, an individual enemy, not an enemy type. That archer on top of the bookcase in the Duke's Archives has to be close to the top of my list.

    submitted by /u/dedWest
    [link] [comments]

    Revisit of Asylum

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    So I went back to the asylum and before this I had accidentally killed the oscar of astora (I think thats his name) but I saw him again even though I had killed him, is that meant to happen?

    submitted by /u/Theluckyfamily13
    [link] [comments]

    If Gwyn's tomb is in Anor Londo, then how is he in the Kiln of the First Flame?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I find this very confusing.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    just finished the game for the first time, truly mesmerizing game

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    here are all of my boss fights if anyone interested, with attempts count! (blind playthrough+bosses fights), its sorted from the first i fought to the last (only bed of chaos not included since the fights are 1 hit, which took me 7 tries to beat it).

    coming from ds3 (and also played cinders mod) makes me curious about the origin story of dark souls series is the reason why i play ds1/r, its amazing to see the origin of some of npcs/enemies/items/places from ds3.

    Manus, Artorias, and Ornstein-Smough are definitely my favourite fights, they were simply satisfying.

    now if i may, i would share my personal feeling about this game too (bear with me since some of the point i make maybe comparing it to ds3 since ds3 was my first souls series).

    • about world building, ds1/r definitely much more superior, im baffled of how good it is, i felt like nearly every area are interconnected, when i explored an area it led me to another and so on, and then suddenly theres a shortcut which takes me back to the first area, theres also much more nook and cranny you can jump off to.
    • about game speed, it feels much slower than ds3 (also sekiro since i played it) which makes me have to adapt to it, personally im not really a fan of it especially the medium-fat roll, but after i tried fast roll im starting to like the pace especially when i got dark wood grain ring i feel much more agile and its definitely my favourite ring.
    • about bonfire, theres less bonfire compared to ds3 which personally i felt like it makes the exploration more challenging and exiciting (some of the area are more difficult to explore than the boss fights) which makes you felt like "thank god i found a bonfire", but (again comparing to ds3/sekiro) i wish theres a bonfire that pretty close to the boss, yes i get it running past through some mob are part of the challenge, but some of the bosses run are annoying especially if its a long path with no mob or mob that are too slow to even chase you (e.g Seath, Quelaag, Gwyn, or others), ds3 and sekiro has some of a good bosses fights despite having close bonfire.
    • about fast travel, i wish you could warp to every bonfire for the sake of convenient, especially with the amount of less bonfire that available (backtracking, farming, etc).
    • about npc that sells you item, for me personally i felt like ds3 firelink hub are very nice, especially you can give ashes the old lady npc for her to sells every stuff, meanwhile the npc here are scattered around which kinda tiring to go to after a few times.
    • about bad areas, after i heard alot of bad things about blight town,izalith, and tomb of giant actually i felt like it was okay, but perhaps im lucky enough with the routing and found the bonfire quickly so i dealt with less bullshit that other player experienced, (farron keep and smouldering lake on ds3 are really suck imo). Personally area that i dislike the most is Oolacine Township mainly because of that mage that took half or more of you hp bar on hit.
    • about Nito, this is probably the most disappointing boss for me, seeing his design and he is one of the main boss i felt like he needs more variety of attack like Manus and it would be awesome, but instead the difficulty is coming from your run through tomb->pinwheels->dropping down took half of your hp and sometime he will cheapshot you with instant impale after you drop and the skeleton ganks, his attack are just 1-2 slash combo, long range impale, and self explode that he rarely use, so much potential wasted of a cool looking boss and cool name.
    • about Gwyn, i really wish i didnt accidentally parried him so i would fight him without parrying, because of the game speed is much slower than ds3/sekiro i felt like parrying enemies here are much easier (which actually im parrying most of the time instead of backstab, my "click" moment for backstab hitbox are quite later in the game after i beat Ornstein-Smough duo).
    • im surprised theres no boss with 2-3 phases shenanigan in this game.

    in the end overall my first adventure on ds1/r are truly a blast and its a pleasure to learn about the origin of the story. (is there any connection between Kalameet and Midir? they have very identical moveset).

    submitted by /u/nxscythelynz
    [link] [comments]

    How should I modify my zweihander?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I just got myself a zweihander and I'm wondering with what I should modify it with. Can someone inform me about this?

    submitted by /u/Smokingnose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment