• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that in the Bed of Chaos boss fight, you can throw alluring skulls to force the boss to slam down its hands on that spot for a while.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I guess this was the intended way to fight the boss, and after a decade someone finally figured it out. Maybe I'm just dumb and this is well known. Idk.

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Sun

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Requiem for a hollow

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    My first DS journey is finally complete! After more than a year, and several long breaks, I've at last linked the fire! What an epic adventure. It was beyond brutal but that made each small victory along the way more rewarding.

    This community has been great, thanks to everyone who made my journey a shared experience! Don't you dare go hollow now...

    And to the bastard invader who offed me right after my ordeal of getting through Tomb of the Giants - you too will be remembered!

    How perfect is the closing credits theme music...

    Time for a break... Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/Ironiclogic2077
    [link] [comments]

    I love how the map interconnects

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I went up a tower in the Darkroot Basin and it lead to were the Taurus Demon fight was, I'm not sure what else to say except that I love how different sections connect. It makes the world feel so much more real

    submitted by /u/Noah5510
    [link] [comments]

    Just in case any of you ever forget...

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Incredible art process to turn Pokémons into DarkSouls

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Encountered this through youtube's recommendations. Thought you guys might appreciate it as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2-EFLshJyE

    All credits go to the the artist of course.

    submitted by /u/Akorna
    [link] [comments]

    Beating Ornstein and Smough at SL1 with Only a Drawing Tablet

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    After several attempts finally downed the dastardly duo.

    Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/692190881

    submitted by /u/TheSGTTaco
    [link] [comments]

    Feeding the giant worm DSR

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    So I just rang the second bell and got back to fire link. The giant worm thing is there and talked to me. So that was cool. But I have an option to feed it multiple items. What do I feed it and for what reward?

    submitted by /u/Gentle_Persuader
    [link] [comments]

    I beat smough and ornstein solo on my second ever try

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I just feel really proud after hearing how hard of a boss they are, also went in totally blind. I was level 55, I panicked so hard that I even missed saving the replay, but got a ss

    Are the bosses gonna get any harder from now on?

    https://imgur.com/JQnzG3X

    submitted by /u/fobbitar
    [link] [comments]

    Tribute to Kalameet, a worthy opponent

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    After some epic battles and many defeats, at last I vanquished the great Kalameet. This is what a boss fight should be! Learning to time the mighty beast's fiery breath and dodge those powerful claws was a lesson in perseverence against the odds... and what elation when this lord of dragons finally succumbed.

    This is my first playthrough and it has been phenomenal. Now only Gwyn remains, and it feels like I've earned the right to face him at last. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/Ironiclogic2077
    [link] [comments]

    Which characters in the souls-series do you think breaks the immersion experience?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Have you ever felt like a character (bosses,enemies,npcs) or even a design element in the game just doesn't belong there? In the game's dark fantasy universe? For me, its the Four Kings, Desert Sorceress and Great Crabs (in Ds1, 2 and 3 respectively).

    In DS1, I felt that the Four Kings' character design belongs in a JRPG such as Final Fantasy. They do fulfill the purpose of being dark-fantasy-esque but the head design feels a bit too anime. I thought of going with the Capra Demon at first, since they just look like a buff dude wearing a goat skull while swinging machetes, but I guess they could pass as a demon.

    For DS2, I could go on and on about the design choices (like earthen peak and iron keep's connection) and how I feel like regular beast-type bosses like giant rats and spiders doesn't feel dark-fantasy-esque. Or how the Hollow Infantry look like regular-modernday construction workers. But I think I had to go with the Desert Sorceress. IMO, the costume feels like it belongs in a different game. Maybe it feels a bit too cheerful and of course, the fact that its so revealing makes one wonder why they'd wear that to battle. But according to lore, they view beauty to be fundamental.

    In DS3, its just the giant crabs. At least the swamp crabs kinda made sense. But the ice crabs and the lava crabs makes you roll your eyes. They don't seem to have much of a lore purpose, and are just simply, crabs.

    I know it may sound a bit nitpicky, but I thought this would be a fun topic to discuss! And I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts and arguments on which characters you feel don't belong in the Souls universe. Feel free to list your number one choices for each game and discuss your reasons why!

    Link for image reference:

    https://imgur.com/htPr5V3

    submitted by /u/freddickery
    [link] [comments]

    Oh my God the twinks

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Im trying to farm sunlight medals in anor londo and also even the odds against big man and slim. If i had a medal for each time the host died in one hit from the 2nd phase I'd be swimming in sunlight spears. Instead im here waiting for another 30 minutes. Somewhat related note, is there a way to change my multiplayer region so that I get paired with people who are awake? I'm always up from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. Pacific

    submitted by /u/tanman729
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best weapons in slot?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Straight swords, greatswords, curved swords, g. curved swords, halberds, etc... What build do they cater to the most as well? For example, Longsword, from what I know, is easily the best quality weapon and straight sword but I could be wrong. Large Club is the best strength weapon and possibly hammer? Please tell me so I can keep all the information down for build crafting.

    submitted by /u/itsmeleo47
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 Log, Day 1: Bells of Awakenig and the Lordvessel

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    (Summary at the end)

    Undead Asylum

    I spawned in a little cell in the Undead Asylum, and from there, I progressed through the tutorial normally, running past the Assylum Demon and then doing a plunging attack on him, followed by a few smacks for the win. I then walked up a ramp and some giant raven came and took me to Lordran.

    Bosses:

    • Asylum Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    The Gargoyles

    Upon arriving in Firelink Shrine, I found a man in chainmail just sitting there. I decided to berate him for not doing anything, but before I could utter even a word, he called me ugly and laughed at me, so I did him a little favour in return. After that, I decided to explore the shrine a little bit. I found another guy and I tried to talk to him, but he told me to go away. I persisted though, and eventually he bribed me to go away. After that, I travelled through a sewer to the undead burg, killing everyone along the way, and then, I bought myself a shiny new reinforced club. After that, I went back to Firelink and visited the Ruins of New Londo for a Fire Keeper's soul. I found what I desired, but I got pushed off a cliff by ghosts and died.

    After that, I travelled to the Valley of Drakes, and I got myself a nice new shield. Too bad there was a cranky dragon nearby that I woke up, and he one-shot me with a swipe. After I recovered from that, I went to the Darkroot Basin through a secret tunnel, and there I got my weed crest shield and parry spammed the black knight to death. I then continued upwards to the parish, where I upgraded my club to +2 and went to challenge the gargoyles. First of all though, I found a nice golden man in prison, so freed him and he thanked me very nicely. I then left him and tried my hand at the gargoyles. I died once, but on my next try I killed them with some ease. I rung the bell, then I upgraded my weapon to +5.

    Bosses:

    • Bell Gargoyles (1 death, equivalent to prediction)

    Quaellag

    I travelled to the bridge so I can descend to the lower undead burg. When I was over there, I saw a fat guy looking at the sun. I don't if his parent's never taught him to not look at the sun or what, but either way, I decided to punish him to make sure that he never looks at the sun directly ever again. I fear that I might have spanked him a bit too hard though, as he wasn't moving at all. I decided that while he was out, I was going to take advantage of the situation, so I stripped his clothes off of him and took his weapon. After that, I ran through the lower Undead Burg to the Capra Demon, who I died to twice (more like to his dogs), but after I managed to kill his dogs, he went down easily. After that, I ran through the depths, getting the large ember on the way, then I killed the Gaping Dragon first try. After that, I quickly ran through upper Blighttown, dying once. Once in lower Blighttown, I did the NPC invasion and then got the chloranthy ring, dying twice on the way. Then I died once to Quaellag before killing her. I rang the second bell of awakening then got outta there, grabbing the Fire Keeper's soul on the way.

    Bosses:

    • Capra Demon (2 deaths, 1 more than prediction)
    • Gaping Dragon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Chaos Witch Quaellag (1 death, 1 more than prediction)

    Lordvessel

    When I arrived back at Firelink, I saw that the firekeeper was dead. I picked up the orb and saw that I was betrayed by the man that I had freed. I really felt betrayed, but anyways, I went to Andre and got a weapon smithbox and also got my weapon to raw. After that, I braved Sen's fortress. It was pretty standard, and at the top I bought enough large titanites to get +5 raw reinforced club. I died 5 times on the way and another three times to Rickard. I proceeded to kill the Iron Golem first try. After that, I ran through Anor Londo, dying at the rafters twice, and once to the infamous Anor Londo archers. After the bonfire, I did the stairs skip and then invaded Lautrec. After I killed him, I used his souls + the souls from the Iron Golem to buy a total of 7 twinkling titanites (+2 from the crystal lizard in the Darkroot Basin, I now had 9 total). After that I darksigned back to the bonfire to regain my estus, then I proceeded to slap OnS to the 4th Dimension (on my first try, mind you). I then rested at the bonfire, but I couldn't bring myself to open those doors, so I went to the giant blacksmith and bought my tenth piece of twinkling titanite. Then, I attacked him, but I underestimated his power, and he one-shot me with a kick, and said "you weak". After that I went and 'killed' him, and I felt really bad when he said 'nighty night'. It almost felt like killing a child... until I heard the snoring. Turns out that you actually cannot kill him, he just gets knocked out! This is exactly why I love this game, little details like this that you can find all over. After that, I went back and rested at the bonfire, ready for the amazing chest ahead.

    Bosses:

    • Iron Golem (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    Summary

    Bosses killed:

    • Assylum Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Bell Gargoyles (1 death, equivalent to prediction)
    • Capra Demon (2 deaths, 1 more than prediction)
    • Gaping Dragon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Chaos Witch Quaellag (1 death, 1 more than prediction)
    • Iron Golem (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    Deaths today: 20

    Total deaths: 20

    Total playtime: 4:14:58

    submitted by /u/FunSouls
    [link] [comments]

    What actually makes Dark Souls hard according to you?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    One of my friends asked about the difficulty of Dark Souls and why people think it's hard but I can't seem to put it into words. Is it because there's a stamina bar? the absurd damage enemies do? Why do people think Dark Souls is hard? I'm not saying it's not, I just can't seem to explain it clearly.

    submitted by /u/DuckGoose11
    [link] [comments]

    Need help remembering/finding a pvp content creator from the game’s heyday...

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Been trying to remember this person's gamertag or YouTube name all night (or if any of his content even still exists). He almost exclusively played pvp, usually had some anime character as his profile picture and was wildly talented.

    He would showcase all kinds of glass cannon builds and anti-meta builds, almost always in a montage style format with fast paced music. He could parry fish and play mind games among the best of players and, if I'm remembering correctly, was one of the first people to record and publish mid-parry ring swapping.

    Any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like his original username is right at the tip of my tongue and it's driving me nuts.

    submitted by /u/Snuggs_
    [link] [comments]

    Zweihander VS Claymore

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble picking between these 2 weapons. I'm kinda leaning towards the Zweihander because of it's higher damage output. So which one do you guys think I should get?

    submitted by /u/DossonCharles
    [link] [comments]

    Got an Elite Knight tattoo today!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    [HUGE SPOILERS] Regarding Siegmeyer's quest

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Not taking in consideration the Titanite Slab, and having played through all endings, I believe Sieg ending the battle at Izalith with critical health is the best outcome.
    He does not go mad, his daughter doesn't have to suffer through having to see her own father a hollow and mercy killing him, and he sacrifices himself to save a friend.

    submitted by /u/MMMLG
    [link] [comments]

    I am filled with absolute hatred and anger from the rats in Undead Burg

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    I had bought 300 bolts for my light crossbow and was planning to take out the wyvern at the bridge. I used all 300 bolts and it had just a bit of health left. I started running back to the blacksmith to buy more and those fucking rats ganked me and poisoned me to death. I wasted so much time.

    submitted by /u/Gastropodius
    [link] [comments]

    weapons with best moveset for pvp?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    list your favorite weapons with your favorite moveset i'm trying to make a good build.

    submitted by /u/Cokeblade
    [link] [comments]

    Why was Anor Londo afraid of Kalameet?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    They had Gough and a group dedicated to slaying dragons. If an Undead boi can kill it, why couldn't Anor Londo?

    submitted by /u/SalvageET
    [link] [comments]

    Just went to darkroot, got the black knight halberd. Should I use that or the gravelord sword?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment