• Breaking News

    Friday, July 10, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I died for this screenshot

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    u/onestarbard made a poem about the demon firesage and it inspired me to make my own, please be gentle im new to poetry

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Roses are red

    Violets are blue

    Demon firesage can kiss my ass

    submitted by /u/BlooFlea
    [link] [comments]

    Sif :(

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    alright first timer over here, coming from ds3 and wanted to play the others after falling in love with the world of souls. My reason for coming here tonight is that I have just defeated Sif, and I just gotta say the limping at the end broke my heart😭 loving this game so far though, can't wait to see what the rest has in store!

    submitted by /u/stonedtobajesus
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls: 219 Discoveries

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Hundreds of hours in the making, I've finally finished my discovery-compilation for Dark Souls. It's not a short video by any means, but averaging around 20 seconds per discovery is about as quick as I can make it! For those who come to reddit for reading, here's a few select examples (with credits):

    15. The Hellkite Dragon can land on you if you're fast enough on the way to Undead Burg (BigBlue12)

    27. The portcullis can crush the armoured boar to death (SlyderWS)

    30. The gargoyles can be buffed by the channeler (ZeroVoid_98)

    40. Lightning projectiles have an AoE effect when fired into water (HowaitoHasugami)

    42. Mushroom children patrol in a circle around their parents, forming a fairy circle (this one's mine!)

    (...) and the list goes on (...)

    205. Shooting Kalameet in the eye causes him to reel in pain (Hydroel)

    Admittedly these are some of the better ones, but I hope there's at least a few things that even the toughest veterans out there don't know!

    https://youtu.be/UTY_NLsFxhU

    submitted by /u/Lake-of-Mud
    [link] [comments]

    I beat O&S on my second try and it’s my first playthrough! tHe FiGhT wAsNt HaRd At AlL!1!1 /s

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Granted, I summoned solaire, used 10 estus and some charcoal pine resin, I still screamed when I beat them tho

    submitted by /u/tangentbaker
    [link] [comments]

    I cant get to the dlc

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    So i got up to gwyn (im on ng++) so i was trying to beat him for a little bit but then i realised i hadnt gone to the dlc yet cuz once i kill gwyn i HAVE to start ng+++ so i kiled the hydra, went behind it and there was no golden thing so i thought once i killed it in a previous playthrough it was dead forever so i went to the dukes archives and killed that blue crystal thing and still no pendant so idk

    submitted by /u/LucarioAcee
    [link] [comments]

    DS 1 3D model asset files. Where can you find them?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am looking for 3D model assets from a few DS 1 characters. I want the model files for The Fair Lady who you meet after killing Quelaag and Quelana of Izalith the pyromancy trainer.
    I would also like Artorias and Sif's models.

    I intend to use their models to set up a scene that I want to use for some personal art. I am not sure what file types they used or what is available but a .obj or .fbx file is fine. Honestly any file type I could get to work.

    I know I could do it myself by using the mod tools but I do not have a copy of the game on PC as I played it on PS4.

    Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/calsypher
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly Coop in PtDE

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone could actually help me out in PtDE? I need to help defeat 4 bosses so I can join the Warriors of Sunlight and I can't seem to find anyone at all

    submitted by /u/Demonsage307
    [link] [comments]

    Some tips from you guys

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    Have been playing for awhile. I chose thief this time and need some tips on how to play it well. Like whats stats should I be focused on. Any tips to play a bandit? thanks in advance

    P.s. The Asylum Demon just dropped the demon great hammer lol first time.

    submitted by /u/ds_user
    [link] [comments]

    Killed O&S Today

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    just marking the date

    used:

    Silver Knight Set (for lightning protection) + Catarina Helm (for style)

    with Quelaag FurySword (for fire damage)

    killed Ornstein first, then Smough

    submitted by /u/PieceOfSaif
    [link] [comments]

    How do I Praise the Sun?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Title's goofy, but I'm watching a walkthrough to see if I've missed some things, and apparently, right after the dragon in the undead burg, in that little area with the non-hostile hollow, I can join a covenant and get the praise the sun emote. Thing is, when I walk to the area that they do in the video and try to press A, nothing shows up. It's just a bunch of player-left messages telling me to praise the sun. The video I'm watching is in OG and not remastered, would that have anything to do with it? Otherwise, would killing the dragon/getting it's tail have something to do with it? I think my dragon glitched out. It hopped down, but I stayed back, and it hopped back up on the tower, but it eventually kinda' meandered off the edge and disappeared completely. I already have that sun badge from the yellow armor dude, and I've already talked to Solaire, is there anything I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Axelbrine
    [link] [comments]

    Fresh new game or NG+?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    I just got my hands into a copy of Demon Souls, which I played six years ago. To my surprise, when I started the game, my old save was still there, just in the beginning of a NG+. Walk in Boletaria with my old character got me so nostalgic, but I don't really remember much of the game. The question here is: should I restart the game on a fresh new profile, or should I use the character that my past self made for me on a new game plus?

    submitted by /u/Pinky_Ocelot
    [link] [comments]

    I finally obtained every trophy in the game and earned “The Dark Soul” trophy!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    It took a while since you have to go through NG+2 to get all the weapons, but I got all the different weapon types in NG, and managed to get all the miracles in NG with some smart covenant timing choices. What a ride!

    submitted by /u/AtomBomb77
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking hate ghosts

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    I just got to New Londo or whatever for the first time and I am in constant suffering.

    I use the curse so I can fight the ghosts, but it's still a bunch of bullshit. How come the ghosts can phase through walls and floors, and my weapons go clean through them, but they can block me from walking through a doorway?!?

    How the fuck am I supposed to progress when I'm stuck in a doorway with Casper the ghost fucking my ass while the ghost of Christmas past slaps the shit out of me?

    Thank you dark souls

    submitted by /u/Sion1314
    [link] [comments]

    Killed Asylym Demon Today

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    Jesus finally, after 100+ tries i finally did it, his attacks are super hard to dodge, it was super hard, time to take on Anus the Father of Abyss, thanks lord

    submitted by /u/Derk_Aym
    [link] [comments]

    Pyromancy Problems (Dark Souls Remastered)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Latecomer to Dark Souls. I've run into a problem and I need some assistance.
    I accidentally killed egg dude and sent away my other pyromancy teacher, while trying to go pyro. I've heard that the third lady can be triggered if someone who fulfills her conditions joins my game.
    A) Is that true?
    B) If it is, can someone volunteer to help?

    submitted by /u/Zeratoth
    [link] [comments]

    (WARNING! A huge(!) text to read) I beat every single Dark Souls boss (NG&NG+, M&K, PtDE) and I’m eager to share my opinion on them.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    My second Dark Souls game. Unfortunately, my potato PC couldn't handle Remastered, so I got the original first experience of Dark Souls veterans. That was… fun... I'm not sure how I feel about this game, because it gave me exact same amount of disappointments and moments of enormous joy. But I like bosses in Souls-like games above else, and I'm definitely liking most of bosses of the first DS. But let's get down to business. Ah, yes. This post is entirely MY opinion, made by MY experience and polished by MY emotions and feelings. If you don't agree with placement feel free to share your own opinion – it's always interesting for me to look on different thoughts.

    26.Asylum Demon – probably the worst starting boss in Dark Souls trilogy, with only exception when you start from Dragonrider in DSII, but Heide's Tower of Flame is not a location for newbies. That's it, nothing to say more.

    25.Pinwheel – I like "joke" bosses (Covetous Demon was pretty high in my DSII boss list), but this joke is not even funny. His HP is low as hell and I don't know how people can get hit by his attacks (I guess greediness). I heard a lot of excuses for him, but… Seriously?

    24.Ceaseless Discharge – Dark Souls 1 variant of my rule "Never cheese the Dragonrider", and I'm happy that I followed it. His damage is high enough to remind you that you play Dark Souls - the game that feasts on arrogant fools and keep yourself fit for not the funniest location in the game. As for everything else… I wish I didn't watch that much hentai…

    23.Stray Demon – the only difference between him and Asylum Demon is that I actually managed to die to him without hitting him once.

    22.Demon Firesage – the only difference between him and his brothers is that he looks cool… Yes, visual appearance matters to me a lot, you'll see it a bit later.

    21.Centipede Demon – this boss gave me so many Old Iron King flashbacks to the point of a little frustration. Good thing I didn't spend too much time with it, because I already opened Lost Izalith shortcut so he was completely optional. The boss itself is pretty good, but his arena is something you don't want to experience again.

    20.Iron Golem – defeating Giant Lord gave me an official "Ankle Spanker" certificate, so I had no problems with spanking his ankles. I had a lot of fun on NG+, when I decided to summon Iron Tarcus to fight him. I watched some very cool and intense battle, to the point when I really wanted to help Tarcus, but, in the end, he won.

    19.The Bed of Chaos – I guess many of you will disagree on this, but I actually had some fun trying to beat it. The only boss I changed my build entirely (Grass Crest Shield with Greatshield of Artorias +5, Chester's armor and Ring of Wolf). I guess I would hate this boss if I decided to beat it in one go, but I took my time and was fine with it.

    18.Capra Demon – this guy managed to one shot me as soon as I passed the fog gate XD. Beat him on the 4th try without having too many issues, even though I had a little jogging on the semi-cancer road every time I died. Understandable, why many players hate him. Well, I don't.

    17.Bell Gargoyles – I tried 5 different characters with 5 different builds with classic progression and EVERY SINGLE TIME I beat them on the first try without even bothering to dodge or block lots of times. Why? What actually makes them hard, tell me, please! Yeah, the reason why they are so low is that I hate bosses that allow me to simply slaughter them without doing anything to prevent it. My disappointment was immeasurable, because they were the first boss I was hoping to give me quite a challenge.

    16.Moonlight Butterfly – the most beautiful boss I've seen so far. Definitely not a hard one, so I simply enjoyed the sight and the music. Chilly atmosphere helped me to relax, so after boss fight I completed Darkroot Garden fairly quick without any problems.

    15.Dark Sun Gwyndolin – literally Moonlight Butterfly with extra steps. Waiting game changed to game of "tag" and it's extremely annoying, especially if you die and you have to start from Anor Londo bonfire (if you don't want to suffer like me kill him BEFORE the Firekeeper). He's way harder than MB, and that's the only reason why he's higher on the list but damn… Definitely the most annoying boss I've seen.

    14.Taurus Demon – a right boss in the right place at the right time, which I always appreciate. Has many ways to cheese him and you won't feel bad for doing it. For new player can be very intimidating, which says a lot.

    13.Nito – despite his pretty neet design, the boss himself is very disappointing. He allowed me to do up to 10 strikes every time I get close to him. He missed every single one of his attacks, except for his AOE fart. And it happened on both playthroughs. Why?

    12.Seath the Scaleless – oh boy, where do I even begin… Well, for all the suffering I had in Duke's Archives and his Meth Lab rewarding all this path with very weak boss is disappointing. The redeeming factors might be the fact that I actually had to dodge almost all of his attacks between slaughtering him, cool concept (I thought crystal that makes him invincible can be destroyed only once, that lead to my second death) and very sexy Moonlight Greatsword (the only reason why I kept dying to him). But, unfortunately, can't have cool dragon boss without DLCs in Dark Souls.

    11.SIX Kings – because I played PtDE I died to them 20 times before fight even started. As for Kings themselves, I have a question. Why FOUR, when it's SIX? But nonetheless, the fight actually good. They give more than enough reasons to calm down and keep an eye on their attacks and be careful. And I like their arena. Losing any ways to navigate was surprisingly enjoyable.

    10.Gaping Dragon – by the name of a Great Lord Gwyn… this bastard looks amazing! And the fight himself was quite a challenge, despite beating him on the first try. Good damage, big enough health pool, fitting this huge dragon and attacks that are not too easy to predict. I guess the best dragon boss of original Dark Souls.

    1. Chaos Witch Quelaag – I don't even know what to think about her, to be honest. In no reality she's harder than Najka, yet quite challenging and I definitely like her more. She's one of the… five or six bosses, I guess, that I like their lore. Number nine is deserving, but I'm still not sure. Let's just say that she's better than any other before her.

    8.Crossbreed Priscila – I avoided this boss in my original playthrough because of my "don't harm those who won't harm you" rule, but since NG+ for me is simple boss rush mode I pretty much had to do it. And I wasn't disappointed. I saw on YouTube that she can go visible again, but for me it never happened, so I had to fight with footprints and still managed to dodge most of her attacks. I was very impressed in a good way, but felt sorry for her in the end.

    1. Sanctuary Guardian – a good welcoming gesture from DLC for sure. Fast boss, in a way I like them, but the damage could be higher, but I'm not disappointed at all.

    2. Great Grey Wolf Sif – Fuck you FROMs for what you made your players to experience. Let's start from the beginning. You made a fluffy, overgrown wolf, who's not even possessed or something, just guarding A GRAVE OF HIS MASTER. Made him ESSENTIAL and must-have to fight. Made him quite a challenging at the beginning with high damage, but very exploitable, so players can kill him easily, but because of his damage they subconsciously will try to kill him faster, therefore with higher aggression. And, just before players kill him, you made him completely helpless. Oh, I almost forgot… Alternative cut-scene… FUCK YOU FROMS!!!

    3. Manus, Father of the Abyss – if it wasn't for O&S, he would be the first Dark Souls 1 boss that gave me ptsd. His combos are relentless, his spells say "go fuck yourself" and you pretty much have to do it, unless you have the "NO U" amulet. Holly crap, who gave overgrown gorilla a magic stick with hexes?! Well, at least 13 tries for this gorilla is good enough, right?

    4.Fuckstein and The Fat Choo-Choo – because that's pretty much what happened. You know, I expected them to be hard, I expected to spend the same amount of time as with Fume Knight and Sir Alonne, but when I went through the fog gate… It wasn't a battle, not a fight, not even a slaughter… It was the ultra orgy with my arse in a main role. Just so you know, it was the first time when I summoned someone (Solaire, and I didn't have any problems at all – he even survived) and on NG+, when I pulled my shit together, I beat them on the first try dodging every. single. one. of Ornstein's attacks without even looking at him, while keeping all my attention on Smough. Still don't understand how Smough's train attack works. Basically the reason, why I prefer to fight super Ornstein.

    1. Gwyn, Lord of Cinder – the most debatable placement for me, because I didn't know if it's gonna be Gwyn or Kalameet, but just because I didn't die to Gwyn once (parry fight on NG and no parry fight on NG+), Kalameet is higher. The best final boss I fought against so far (don't have good enough PC for DS3), who reminded me of the final boss in Hollow Knight (if not bother for secret ending) – the game, that pulled me into Souls-like games. Amazing everything, but, unfortunately, developers intentionally made him weak. But I like it.

    2. Black Dragon Kalameet – never was too much of a fanboy of dragons, but Kalameet changed my mind. Because I spent very long time with Sinh from DSII, his attacks were pretty easy to dodge. On NG I played with shield and killed him on 1st try, on NG+ though I decided to roll my way, so 6 tries. But every time that was pretty intense battle, that made me focus to my limits.

    1.Artorias – either Knight Artorias or Artorias, the Abysswalker - I still can't decide. My feelings to this boss are exact the same as for the game itself. I hate him that he didn't give me the challenge I was craving for, didn't give me the joy of finishing what I wanted… He wasn't hard at all… And yet... I'll be honest with you. After O&S my disappointment for this game was higher than any possible limits, so I decided to end it on Artorias. I liked the first 11 tries. "Finally" – I thought to myself – "The fair boss, that shows me my weaknesses, that gives me what I wanted from this game. This will be a good ending boss for me." But when I crossed the fog gate for the twelfth time, he fell, without hitting me even once. I spend 47 tries on Fume Knight, 45 tries on Ornstein and Smough, 39 tries on Sir Alonne and even 18 on Pursuer. Eleven. It was even the point in this battle, when I wanted to let him kill me, so I could fight him again. I remembered his legend, I listened to dialogues of Ciaran and Gough about him, I scrolled dozens of community posts about him, where they praised him to the heavens and could not understand, what I missed. Ah, what am I saying. I still cannot understand, what did I miss. And yet, I love this boss at my best, because somehow I wanted to continue my journey, even without the fire that burned inside at the beggining. Hell, I even fought him on NG+2 just to finish this game with good memories… He killed me 5 times)

    submitted by /u/thompson743
    [link] [comments]

    Can Someone Tell Me the Difference Between ths Age of Ancients and the Age of Dark?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    What makes them different? Aren't they the same thing? Aren't both of them shrouded by darkness?

    submitted by /u/Dochlaan
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Root Garden NG+

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    So I'm tricking through ng+ very efficiently and then I traverse the fog to head over to Moonlight Butterfly and what the shit is this?!?! What are these 4 red stone knights one shot killing me and my 50 vitality?

    submitted by /u/Killuminati19
    [link] [comments]

    Why do so many Dark Souls players not rely heavily on spells?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    This goes for all 3 Dark Souls games, but it seems especially true in the first game where INT-based characters can get Velka's Talisman, high-damaging spells (Sorceries), the Remedy spell to cure Toxin, and various weapons that scale with INT. Sure, there are weapons for all stats, but being an INT-based character seems like the way to go for efficiency and variety.

    (Remember, regardless of your primary build, you can still get things from an off-spec, like being an INT-based character who gains enough FAI to cast Heal. This post isn't about that, but on the seeming lack of focus on being a primary caster in the Souls series.)

    submitted by /u/Redd_Desiree
    [link] [comments]

    Zweihandler Overpowered???

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to do a strength build so I picked up the zweihandler but I noticed that it one shots pretty much everything in range and it destroyed the Capra demon so I was wondering if it was just a broken really overpowered weapon or if it just suits me.

    submitted by /u/WhereWeDroppingBois1
    [link] [comments]

    Defeated Great Gray Wolf Sif, but at the cost of my humanity

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    The boss fight was great, but then he started limping and I just couldn't take it. I finished the fight, but it makes me feel like I'm hollowing anyways :(

    submitted by /u/Crazyapple7
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my second run

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    It was supposed to be an all bosses/minibosses 'speedrun' but got distracted and just kept playing, it was a sorcerer/melee just to have a different experience. It took me 30hrs compared to 83 on my first playthrough

    The damage tho, it was absurd, I almost one-shotted Ciaran, a melee to make her a target plus crystal soulmass did over 3k
    I'm also about to finish my NG+ from my first playthrough, I want to try something different any suggestions?

    Also running around with 8 VIT got me one shotted quite a few times

    https://imgur.com/a/GUijvth I got a bit of STR to use an enchanted bastard sword, I thought on getting more DEX to cast faster but stopped halfway through

    submitted by /u/-Serj-
    [link] [comments]

    Are tank builds a thing in this game?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    I've been playing a Dex/Int build on my first playthrough of Remastered and I'm loving the game. I'm already planning my second playthrough and through I might try something like sword and board, or at least a character that relies more on blocking than dodging and can tank hits. However, Dark Souls doesn't seem like a game where you can just tank hits. So, are tank builds even a thing in PVE?

    Any suggeations on a tank or sword and board Strength build would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MusicZombie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment