• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Confession: I love to invade people in Shrine of Amana

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    I like to invade as a red, a blue or anything I can.

    I tend to never to attack the host while in the shrine unless they are outright aggressive to me.

    I like to leave prism stones showing the way and pointing out enemies.

    But it always seem like they get themselves killed before reaching the 3rd bonfire.

    submitted by /u/Whose_that_Weasel
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox account suspended.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Have been trying to kill ivory King all day. Put down my sign and helped someone kill him. I messaged him "can you help me kill this bitch" to see if he would help me. Instead he reported me and my account got suspended. What the fuck man.

    Edit: Based on everyone's comments I cannot believe Xbox has this policy. I feel like I spent the last 10 years of my life getting cussed out by 12-year olds using words I did not even know existed.

    submitted by /u/Sunbrojesus
    [link] [comments]

    The end of an era (warning: long sappy post)

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Hey y'all,

    So I've been playing the soulsborne games for years now, beat them all except for sekiro and the niohs. DS2 was my first and is by far my favorite.

    [edit: the niohs are not soulsborne games it turns out, so just sekiro left for me]

    A little background, I'm currently unemployed, studying for the LSAT and I'm taking it in August and getting ready for a big move. I've been literally studying some pretty heady stuff for 6-8 hours a day for almost two months now and I've been very stressed lately. I read a thing recently that said people who have anxiety tend to rewatch the same tv shows and movies because the familiarity of what to except is comforting and I think I do that with dark souls 2. So I took the weekend (I don't usually study on the weekend anyways) and an extra day off, put in 24 hours of total play time, and beat all the bosses for the first time.

    To be clear, I was only missing three that I hadn't beaten before. I haven't platinumed the game but I'm at 85% and feel pretty confident about overall knowledge but this time I beat them all in one run without help and got the trophy for the hexes while I was at it. So without further adieu, here is my overall take of the game:

    Favorites:

    Favorite build (also what I happened to use for this run):

    Hexer - chaos outfit; old iron king crown; just enough AT to have 3 slots (40 dark orbs and dark weapon); 40 stg/fth/int; crypt blacksword, sunset staff, Llewelyn shield

    Honestly I personally think it's the best build in the game, but powerstancing blue flames was a close second and powerstancing both smelter swords is super fun too

    PS: I had to ascetic the rotten twice to get everything in ng, once for the sword and once at the end for numbness but it wasn't too bad with the npcs

    Favorite npc: Lucatiel - hands down favorite in the whole series, tragic, brave, and her dialogue in black gulch when she says maybe we're all cursed from the moment we're born and talks about her attachment to the concept of self gives me fucking goosebumps and hits my core hard

    Favorite boss: Demon of song - I know that sounds silly and it's pretty easy to beat but I lost my shit the first time I saw it and I just love how it looks. Like giant frog with face and hands inside? What's not to love.

    Favorite area: Brume Tower - challenging but doable, well fleshed out, fun mechanics, good scenery. Since Alonne was one of the bosses I hadn't beaten before, this was my first time getting all the wedges and collecting all the pieces of the soul.

    I have some least favorites but I won't go through them in as much detail because I don't want this to be a negative post and it'll already be super long so I'll just mention them in my overall summary.

    FotFG: My first time playing the game and first time playing any souls game, it was the only level and boss I could beat. Keep in mind I had no clue about summoning, didn't talk to Pate and didn't understand hollowing; so I appreciate this level for being doable without much past experience. 3 stars. (I guess I'm doing stars now)

    Heide's Tower: First time I played this level was the first time I quit and didn't play for weeks after. The sheer size of the old knights was so daunting and they were the "normal" enemy on the level, I couldn't believe a game would do that to people. But eventually this level taught me one of the most valuable souls lessons one can learn: sometimes when something is big and scary, go ahead and roll towards it. It may seem counterintuitive, but they are built to get you when you runaway, and souls rewards bravery. That, plus the coda of the old dragonslayer: 4 stars

    No man's: My best friend's favorite level, he can do it, all items one try no death every time like clockwork, so in recent times I almost always bring him along. Although I will admit it's well done and is his favorite level, it is not mine. 3 stars.

    Lost bastille / belfry Luna: I like it, and ruined sentinels are one of my favorite bosses. Like one of the few bosses that can still get my heart racing, especially if motherfuckin Felicia falls down early, or if your npcs die and it's a three on one. That's a hard battle. The gargoyles are fine, it's nice to have Masterless and if you're not quick with high damage output it can get hairy. The level itself is short but has a lot of hidden nooks, a few pursuers, and a blacksmith, so I'll give it 5 stars.

    Sinner's Rise: It's fine, it's short, the boss is fine, I like the Sinner's vibes and in ng+ it gets a little harder but I'm not super impressed. 3 stars.

    Huntsman's: It's a fine level, it wouldn't be as good if it just had the one boss, but the chariot is a nice touch. It was one of those bosses I HATED for a long time, but it grew on me and I love the unique kind of gimmick mechanics of it, like you don't see that in other souls games. So mostly for that 4 stars.

    Harvest Valley / Earthen Peak: Covetous demon was fine before I learned about the jars above and is just stupid easy after with not much going on in the level itself, but I always kinda wrap it in with earthen peak anyways. I think Earthen peak gets a bad wrap, yeah it's hard if you don't know what's up, but like that's part of the game, git gud. But seriously, I think familiarity is such a big part of what makes certain souls games/areas easy to some people and ungodly hard for others, and earthen peak is not that bad if you know what to expect, just like I'm sure the level in bloodborne with those tentacle monsters hanging above everything is probably not that bad for some people but a nightmare for me. So ragging on a level because it's hard seems unfair if you're probably also at least slightly unfamiliar with it. But I digress, I also used to always admire Jester Thomas because his pyromancies were so dope (that was until they were being used against me...) But Overall though, 3 stars, it's fine but definitely not terrible.

    Iron Keep: The iron keep is my litmus test. It's how I know if I've built a character that can function effectively. You can get through a lot of the early game with subpar builds, but the keep will punish you for it. It's well done, difficult, long, smelter is one of the hardest bosses in the game imo, so I give it 5 stars

    Shaded woods: It's fine, I like the idea of using a concept introduced early in the game as an innocent thing that just happens (briefly seeing other people's phantom shapes) and using it to fuck over unsuspecting new players. Like it's creative and for sure tricked me. Plus the nice touch of being able to see the phantoms after you get the priestess' eyes is a cool add. But I'm not super impressed. 3 stars.

    Grave of saints / Door of Pharros: Meh. 2 stars.

    Brightstone: I'm not a huge fan of the spiders because they become nonproblems with a torch, but they make you take a torch and lose a hand, regardless of what you were using in your off hand. The congregation is super easy, but it's nice to get dem boss weapons. Still I'll give it 2 stars.

    Gutter / Black Gulch: Yes, they're slightly annoying, just because they make you punch rocks, but I like the rotten and again with the torch taking up your off-hand adding to the difficulty. I'll say 2 stars for the level, 4 stars for the rotten.

    Drangleic: Truly, I love it just because for so long I thought the point was to kill vendrick and the plot twist got me shook. Also shoving a key in someone's face was something I didn't know I needed. Still, other than farming sentinels, not amazing. Looking glass and dragon slayers are fine. 3 stars.

    Shrine of Amana: Fuck the Shrine of Amana. 1 Star. Like I get it, it's supposed to be hard, but seriously, that clump of fuckers wading in the water outside the last bonfire can eat it.

    Undead crypt: Honestly, it's fun, I like the mechanic of the bells that screw you, especially right outside the boss room where there is a hidden bell under the stairs with a lil guy waitin to fuck you, then a few moments later another lil guy literally grows from the ground, also for the sole purpose of fucking you. Like it's fun. 4 stars.

    Aldia's keep: It's fine. Guardian dragon is fine. Mimics and shit. I get it. It is sad to see Luci go and then fight her brother, but to me it seems like an intermediary level before Dragon Aerie. 2 Stars.

    Dragon Aerie / Dragon Shire: I really like these levels and mostly because they're loaded with dragons and dragon bones and dragon npcs and dragon bosses and dragon eggs and third dragon ring and it's fun if you like dragons and I like dragons. 4 stars.

    Crown of the sunken king: Pretty fun but probably my least favorite of the DLCs. I do like Sinh though, and he's really hard if you don't come prepared. The gank trio was one of the bosses I hadn't fought before today and it took me like three tries so it was fun. 4 stars.

    Crown of the old iron king: It's fantastic, Brume Tower is my favorite level, my heart was beating so fast after the blue smelty boi that I had to hold my hands above my head and breathe deeply for awhile, and Alonne is just super fucking cool. 5 stars.

    Crown of the ivory king: Honestly, really challenging and fun. First time I fought the king I didn't know about the loyce knights and that one knight at the top of the tower is real hard to get to. But it's fun, I may try to farm loyce souls soon to get that weapon but it was fine...until...the fucking outskirts. The last boss I hadn't fought was Lud and Zellen and honestly the fight was fine, took me like three tries but I spent like a whole hour of a 24 hour play through just wondering through that field fighting horses and standing still because I couldn't see and my eyes were literally sore from staring at a white screen for so long. This dlc would get 5 stars if it weren't for the outskirts just being a goddamn nightmare. 4 stars.

    Lastly, I want to talk darklurker. I'd beaten it before this play through, also with a hexer, but it took me, no joke, six straight hours to beat it my first time and I had to respec to do it.

    But second time, I beat it in two tries. I originally planned to save it for last but I got there after I got all the crowns and figured I'd just give it a try, got super close and figured I was ready, tried again and beat it. So for anyone who has trouble with the darklurker and wants advice, I'll say this: bide your time. The fight took me maybe 30 minutes but I only attacked when I knew I could and he was strong against dark so I had to play my cards right. Wear the dark and fire resist rings and gear, don't target on when it duplicates, eat a bunch-o-life gems, and just Bide. Your. Time.

    Well that's it for me folks, I really won't have the kind of time to dedicate to this game anymore for quite some time. This LSAT is super important to me and I need to be studying more and more as it gets closer, and if I do well and go to law school I won't have much time for the souls either me thinks. And I'm not saying I won't play; but I won't have 24 hours to dedicate in a 3 day period and I probably won't have the time to put this kind of effort into it, so I just wanted to say I beat every boss before I took a hiatus.

    I'll leave this character alone in NG, all three crowns so I won't go hollow and the agape ring to keep me from gaining souls (essentially taking away the consequences of dying) and let my fiancé just roll around doing whatever she wants in a world where she is god. But if anyone needs help in the dlc let me know, I'm around 3.1 mil sm and I'll leave this character around there to help guide others through this magnificent game.

    I have a tattoo of a lil solare cartoon drawing on my back and he's always praising it up, so even if I'm not playing as much anymore, at least someone will always be praising.

    Thanks for listening ["]/

    submitted by /u/ebrivera
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could hug whoever decided to put Chancellor Welleger in, selling top covenant rewards in NG++

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    I'm working on my 2nd 100% of DS3 now, and Blades of the Darkmoon has to be one of the worst implementations of a covenant so far. I'm on ng++ at this point and have had the stupid Covenant banner on since I got it in NG.

    Probably 4 tokens so far from being summoned out of the 30 needed. Most times I was summoned the invader emoted and left or jumped off a cliff. I even sat around in Irithyll embered at a normal SL for hours while farming Silver Knights and no summons. Or when I was summoned it'd be a 3 man gank squad.

    Anyways, enough of DS3. But this is reason #10,000 why DS2 is superior to DS3: you can farm tokens for the other covenants easily, and the ridiculous covenants you can just buy once you hit NG++. That's the perfect solution.

    I'm already missing DS2, but once I 100% DS3 I can finally move to PC to experience DS2 without console limitations. Stoked!

    submitted by /u/Urtehnoes
    [link] [comments]

    I did it guys

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    After long six months of getting used to it and a ton of YOU DIED screens have I finally finished Dark Souls II SotFS with a 100% completion.

    I must say, the first hours felt weird because of the slow movement and a bunch of new items and mechanics. Somewhere at the middle I accepted the game as it is and in my last hours I had (who would have thought) fun beating the environment and other players.

    Now that my journey with Sir McDuckus ends in Drangleic I will continue with new adventures in Lothric and maybe come back to Lordran. Because we all need a goal to achieve to not go hollow. Stay brave my friends, git gut and don't you dare go hollow.

    Dark Souls Remastered: http://imgur.com/gallery/kMHNZ16

    Dark Souls II SotFS: http://imgur.com/gallery/8CFUVJd

    submitted by /u/m44x1m
    [link] [comments]

    Warning Regarding Dockside Varangians in No Man's Wharf and Great Arrows

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Using a Greatbow to shoot any of the Varangians that are hanging off the docks in No Man's Wharf will cause High Flying Zany-ness. Bodies will literally fly through the air as demonstrated in my video here

    submitted by /u/deadman777
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed this about Lucatiel

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    If you let Lucatiel finish her dialog naturally in the Bastille (or presumably, wherever your second encounter with her occurs), she reveals her face. If you use the skip button to advance through her conversation, she does not.

    Until now I thought that the game saved Lucatiel's face for Aldia's front yard. I'm sure this is old hat to the slow reading gang though.

    submitted by /u/DownshiftedRare
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need any adaptability as a sorcerer?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    So I'm new to DS2 and heard adaptability is very important. But I'm playing a mage/sorcerer. Do I still need 20 points in ADP? Or should I put those into attunement and int?

    submitted by /u/hfp77
    [link] [comments]

    I just unlocked "This is Dark Souls"

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    As I'm on a new account I decided to try and see how many achievements I could unlock before dying for the first time. I had made it all the way through to the lost sinner without my first death.

    I appear to have sealed my own fate. I was exploring through Huntsman's Copse, telling my girlfriend I wasn't too concerned about enemy encounters but had a feeling gravity would be my downfall.

    Of course I just had to get the token of fidelity for the sentinels achievement. I lined myself up on the bridge, made the drop and immediately slid off the edge falling to my death.

    I'll probably continue on in the same vein to see if I can at least make this a one death run.

    Tl;dr - I hate gravity.

    submitted by /u/LordShaxx94
    [link] [comments]

    Shalquoir is the best NPC.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Having an immortal cat as an NPC is friggin genius.

    Besides the fact that she is super interesting and reveals a lot of lore, she's a cat... that is immortal... and mocks you for even attempting to kill her.

    10/10 character design.

    https://ibb.co/LN0rW6x

    submitted by /u/guitarguy12341
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm just about to start the Shrine Of Amana for the 1st time. Do you have any advice for me?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    So I'm just about to start the Shrine Of Amana. I've never played this level before but I hear it's one of the hardest parts of the game, I feel ready.

    I have the +10 Greatsword, 40 Strength, a Greatshield with 100% physical damage reduction, Chloranthy Ring +1, Ring Of Giants +1, Royal Soldiers Ring +1, Hawk Ring, +10 Seabow, 999 Iron Arrows, 999 Poison Arrows, 99 Lifegems.

    Yesterday I saved at the 1st Amana bonfire but didn't go in. Today I'll be trying this level.

    Any last minute advice?

    submitted by /u/AJ274256
    [link] [comments]

    Does weapon level affect summoning range in DS2?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    I have a guy with SM ~90K and +7 weapons and have been getting summoned for forest Pursuer pretty easily. I went to 101K and +10 and it seems pretty rare to get get summoned now. I remember having a guy with SM 140 / +7 and getting summoned pretty easily as well.

    submitted by /u/Elder_Otto
    [link] [comments]

    I love seein summon signs in ds2 like 6 years later sad everyone hates on it but I love every souls game ��

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    poison falchion

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    so, my char has 40 dex and 20 str, i don't think i'm going to upgrade more of these stats, it's a dual wielding 2 falchions build, with a falchion +8 and other +7, i'm lvl 100 and i'm in doubt if its better to keep my falchions with poison or without any infusion(or just changing the weapon, but i'm really liking my falchions) any tip of what path should I choose?

    submitted by /u/Ferrarileite
    [link] [comments]

    Hurrah!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Bought Dark Souls 2 for £8 the other week, amazing game, beat it just 2 minutes ago, definetly worth the NG+ playthrough.

    submitted by /u/dewiisbetterthanyou
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything worth in ds2 lore?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Ive been playing for two weeks. I always play the souls game very slow and take my time.

    I dont like this game. I've realised I'm literally forcing myself to play through it without enjoying anything about it.

    I just want to know if there is anything worth in on the lore/story at least?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/qzeqzeq
    [link] [comments]

    So... weapons....

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    I'm new to this game just got SotFS a few days ago and am taking time with it. I've beaten the ruin sentinels using a +5 greatsword. Should I stick with it? Find a new weapon and/or are there better in the long run to use?

    submitted by /u/iouoneusername1
    [link] [comments]

    Miracle builds viable?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Are miracle builds any viable in ds2 or nah

    submitted by /u/dragonslayer2956
    [link] [comments]

    PC Shrine of Amana SOTFS help

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    SL 1,492,995

    Also have the ring if needed

    Ifs someone's wants to run through the second half of this with me lmk

    submitted by /u/DuncanIdahoPotatoe
    [link] [comments]

    If anyone is planning on enjoying some arena tonight, look out for this unsavory fellow with an instagib maximum equipment damage whip. I'm putting his name in the description, since it's a bit inappropriate.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Help with fume knight

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Anyone available to be summoned for fume knight?

    submitted by /u/Cryptic__999
    [link] [comments]

    OP Early 50 STR Warrior

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Latest spicy guide, ymfah styled of course. Let me know if you enjoy it, I spent a good amount of time on it. This guide mainly revolves around the Craftman's Hammer. Dark Souls 2 : OP Early 50 STR Warrior

    submitted by /u/TuneyTunes
    [link] [comments]

    Just starting DS2 and have a quick question: Is multiplayer required?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I've beaten DS1, DS3, BB, and Sekiro and now I'm giving DS2 a shot. I read a review recently that stated that some of the bosses in this game were pretty much impossible without summoning help (from other human players, not NPCs). Is this true? I don't do multiplayer at all, and do not intend to, so that would be a bit disappointing. I never summoned help (other than NPCs) in any of the other games and had no problems.

    submitted by /u/not_a_toad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment