• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    57 year old father playing darksouls.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    I lost a bet with my son and now i have to play and complete darksouls remastered. I liked playing game im my youth and I still play warcraft and zelda som times. I had no previous experiance in any darksouls like game and I wanted to share my Journey.

    I started playing today for 7 hours.

    Day 1: I best Asylum demon, i took 14 attempts (8 of them with boken sword). Then i managed to get to firelink shrine and got stuck on The skeletons for a good 30 minuters before i realized there was more ways to go. After much struggle i got to Taurus demon. It took 11 attempts and I died many many more times on my way there from firelink everytime.

    Feel free to comment if you have any question and leave a like if u want more Daily updates.

    submitted by /u/ThomasTuckerman
    [link] [comments]

    I did Anor Londo in Minecraft long ago and someone told me to post it on reddit so, here you go. Hope you like it :)

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Not even mad about it

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    HA so there IS a bonfire in the depths LMAO. Thats great, no really, no I understand it makes no sense not to have one there, no honestly I'm so okay. Like really im not mad about it all. Like I honestly love running from the first bonfire all the way to blightown too thats the best part. Thank you miyazaki. So much

    submitted by /u/liquidsodium211
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein is stupid

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    I have 2 game clips on xbox. One of them depicts ornstein charging at me without any charge up. He just stands there, and then ZOOM. the other one is the one I hate. Smough is circling around a pillar, and for 25 seconds ornstein is stuck behind him flying through the air like a valkyrie, except the valkyrie has down syndrome. 25 seconds of this, and once ornstein gets out from behind smough he does a 90° turn to the left and stabs me at speeds that shouldn't be possible.

    I've been fighting this boss for 2 days.

    submitted by /u/MemeSpeed
    [link] [comments]

    I hate my life

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Does anybody have a good a place to farm in anor londo because I'm getting fucked by the boss because of the lancer that can't let me hit smough at all and my damage is shit and stamina and health just disappears I have struggled in any boss but now I'm stuck

    submitted by /u/AhmedTPL
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is there a massive spike in difficulty when you get to anor lando

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    I ran past the sentinels and demon things fought one black knight and got the bonfire. But all the enemies hurt a lot while your getting there.

    submitted by /u/failedrelic
    [link] [comments]

    Does your character breathe?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    When I stay still and wear headphones I hear breathing. Is it my character (most likely answer) or some creepy ambience noises?

    submitted by /u/Dorlos-Argham
    [link] [comments]

    Ahh yes

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    When you learn you can parry gwyn

    submitted by /u/Sranded-Eee
    [link] [comments]

    Just saw my first vagrant after 3 years of play...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    and promptly got murdered by the Anor Londo archers before I could kill it. RIP

    submitted by /u/Horrible_Troll
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Dark Souls for the first time in 2020

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    I've always been interested in trying the game out but never found the time to do so. Finally got into it and I'm loving it, here's my goofy ass trying to figure the way out going in completely blind: https://youtu.be/wa9bdb1nZ54

    submitted by /u/HidanSensei
    [link] [comments]

    It's incredibly fun to disguise yourself as an enemy and watch invaders scratch their heads in confusion.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgfXjEZAHWw&feature=youtu.be

    I'm fairly sure that this specific painting guardian is one of the best enemies to replace for this type of trolling. It's fairly easy to get all the right equipment, it's far enough away from any of the others that you don't risk getting their attention, and the body is easily hidden just by letting it fall off the rafters. Even better, their idle position and size exactly matches yours, and it's in a wide open area where you get to watch the invaders moving around without needing to break cover.

    submitted by /u/The-Nick-0f-Time
    [link] [comments]

    I got the Dark Soul achievement! \[T]/

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    After 99 hours and 46 minutes ( and not deciding to platinum until I was halfway through ng+) I finally got the Dark Soul achievement! This game has been on my mind so much recently and I think it's so powerful in that way because it is a true challenge. Lots of games allow you to get through with a bit of effort, but this one takes true thought. I'm happy to be a part of this community. Highlights of the game include blight town (I loved it so much!), killing Artorias and Manus, engaging in jolly coop, and figuring out all the secrets of the game. It was amazing. I can't wait to play through again!!

    Praise the sun! [T]/

    submitted by /u/sam-salamander
    [link] [comments]

    Every time! ��

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Does anyone else get Simon & Garfunkel's - Homeward Bound stuck in their head when they use a Homeward Bone?

    I certainly do!

    They totally need to rewrite the lyrics :P

    submitted by /u/Tacobell24
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one that plays until O&S are defeated and then stops?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    I have defeated the game once but now I always lose my motivation to play after the O&S Fight. I don't like to collect the 4 Lord Souls, especially Nito and the 4 Kings, Sif and BoC are okay but....

    submitted by /u/qpalymHD
    [link] [comments]

    Two Words How do u Feel

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Ornstein and Smough

    submitted by /u/Shreka23
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: Anor Londo transit

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I just today realized that after your carried to Anor Londo by the bat demons that you can just turn right around and ask it to take you back. I have beaten this game 3 times.

    I always assumed the only way back was to beat O&S and being locked into Anor Londo until you do was the games way of forcing you to face them. Now I know the game actually has a speck of mercy, if you know where to look.

    submitted by /u/PO2Micha
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how artorias' flip works?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    This is literally the move that keeps fucking me over. Sometimes it's 3 sometimes its 1. That differentiation is killing me and I cannot figure out the difference.

    Edit: Wow this fight is easy. Did you guys know he doesn't buff it you hit him during the buff animation? That made the fight go from impossible to 2 hits during the whole time. Attacks are all slower when he cant buff and it doesn't matter the build. As far as the flip goes, fuck it, it's completely random. Just never target the light flip.

    submitted by /u/GoldWhale
    [link] [comments]

    I know y’all love Andre of Astora but...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    I can't stand the goddamn racket!

    I'm stuck at Sen's Fortress and every time I die I end up at his bonfire and all that clamor just adds insult to injury.

    (Will admit I'm playing on my switch with headphones in so perhaps it intensifies the annoyance.)

    So here's your chance chosen undead, drop your petty grievances below!

    submitted by /u/StolenOpal
    [link] [comments]

    low frame rates in some areas?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    my pc is top notch my graphics card is the geforce 2070 rtx why is it being weird?

    submitted by /u/DaReDdItLuRkEr
    [link] [comments]

    I noticed a couple of things that I'm not sure are common knowledge.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Firstly, this wall in the church in the Undead Burg. It has indentations as if a ladder used to be there.

    https://imgur.com/PZfg0uH

    Second, this hole in the distance, which you can see from the tower the Moonlight Butterfly was resting on.

    https://imgur.com/lRix9m3

    Finally, the crack in the wall at the back of the Gaping Dragon area kinda looks like a scythe (from this angle).

    https://imgur.com/seuSDzF

    submitted by /u/AlexxShadenk777
    [link] [comments]

    I dont think I actually ever "used" my shield.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    Pretty much throughout all the Souls games I would always have a shield equipped, I might run around with it up or hold it up in a fight. I was thinking about my playthroughs and I realized I never really used it to block attacks I would just roll instead. I guess I always thought that the shield wouldn't be good enough to withstand the attack, but I've discovered that with enough stamina it definitely can, I guess I just always felt better rolling. Anyone do the same?

    submitted by /u/Darkspace99
    [link] [comments]

    I love knight solaire

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    I've been told you can't make a good knight solaire for pvp. https://youtu.be/yjaIqAd_tK8

    submitted by /u/Strange-Exercise-635
    [link] [comments]

    Swapping weapons and other gear mid bs or riposte animation?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I've seen some strong players swap there gear while already in the bs or riposte animation. I saw Moonphos parry and riposte a guy with his fist, but before the 2nd and 3rd hit he swapped to a zwei and ended up killing the bitch. How!

    submitted by /u/2400073
    [link] [comments]

    Knights Honor Trophy Question

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I'm on NG+3 and just got Sifs soul for the third time and about to get to Sens fortress to get to Anor Lando. My question is: Do I need the specific embers to make the needed weapons? I already the large ember.

    submitted by /u/MannyMcManBeard
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered low level question

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    I'm building two of the same character more or less to potentially help a good friend and my farther They are miracle and dex based based and I'm staying at a low level and low weapon (not exceeding level 17 and weapon level 5, so as to be summoned by people just starting) i know there's the password matchmaking now, but in the interim I play to help people in those low level areas.

    I need to dive into catacombs and tomb for the miracles, and sanctus Rocking the winged spear as my main weapon for the time being, and I have a specing question.

    Should I convert my winged spear into holy+0 for that sake, or should I choose something else

    I am intending to go at least as far as anor londo and the dlc with this character but I've not tried a low sl for that end, and ultimately intend to have the armor of favor, brass set, or paladin set with a gold tracer to fit my golden sun motif.

    Secondary question, for the channeler's trident, do you need to meet the int requirement to use the buff? Because I would like using it as the main goal is support, but I won't dip 15+ points for it. I know some things you can at least get the animation when you don't meet the stats.

    Any other pointers are welcome, I know this game pretty well but only in the context of normal progression.

    Also, the pyro glove's upgrade path doesn't count against your weapon matchmaking right?

    submitted by /u/Thegrimabyss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment