• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ok hear me out

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Theres 4 souls games about classic medieval Knights, theres a game about gothic hunters, theres a game about fucking ninja , and who the fuck knows Elden Ring atmosphere is gonna be like but this leads to my idea, A PIRATES GAME MADE BY FROM MOTHER FUCKING SOFTWARE, it would be perfect with the boats and the hats and swords and pistols and a fucking kraken, it would be fucking amazing

    submitted by /u/havel_the_rock--
    [link] [comments]

    First time player during 'lockdown', and I've finally hit Anor Londo. After everything I've already faced, I didn't see this frustration coming..

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    How are 2 guys with crossbows so devastating! Don't get me wrong, I'm getting closer each try and know I'll likely get it done soon.. but its so jarring for such a perceivably small threat to be such a spanner in the works. Did anyone else struggle with this?

    Edit: I somehow managed to get past them my very next try, and after playing a few more hours I am now in possession of the Lordvessel! Thank you so much to EVERYONE for all the tips and tricks, I've had a lot of fun reading all your messages :)

    submitted by /u/YoBoatDontFloat
    [link] [comments]

    Someone said I should have said something here. I'm surprised by how many people die to mimics, so here's some tips

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Here's a little trick. Mimics aren't that hard if you know these things. First off, everyone says to hit a chest before opening it just to check if it's a mimic. Instead, look at the chain on the chest. If it's coiled into a circle, it's a chest. If it's straight, that's a mimic. You can also see it breathing if you look closely. Secondly, once you have found your mimic, smack it as much as you can. You can Dodge attacks by circling

    submitted by /u/Minty_kun
    [link] [comments]

    did i do a good?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Just finished DS1 Remastered for the first time !

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    As title say, I managed to finish this game for the first time, in 43h with a str char SL95 at the end.

    For me it's a big accomplishment as it's my first From Software game I play, and I'm used to play "easy" games, I don't really like challenging games when you struggle all the time.

    But with DS1 it was different. The game is hard, especially at the beginning when you don't understand how it works. Nothing is explain, there's not quest marker to follow, no tutorial, you are thrown in this world like your character and it's hard.

    I almost abandonned the game after the first boss, trying to kill the Gargoyles and failing everytime. I managed to finally beat them with Solaire help and after that I started to understand things, to unlock paths, to find new tools and to level up my char and build it to be more effective. And it was such an interesting journey ! The levels in this game are awesome, the world design, especially of the first half of the game is brilliant, and exploring a new area is so frightening.

    Awesome game that really deserve it's status. Now onto DS2 I think :)

    I need to find some sort of guide/post to see the difference between the 2 games. If someone now a good link, please share it ;)

    submitted by /u/jullebarge
    [link] [comments]

    only 91.7% have the first death achievement in dark souls now it begs to differ just how many among 8.3% actually are chads and how many don't know how to even reach an enemy

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    only 91.7% have the first death achievement in dark souls now it begs to differ just how many among 8.3% actually are chads and how many don't know how to even reach an enemy

    submitted by /u/ironhulk13792000
    [link] [comments]

    Free humanity?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Playing through the remastered on PS4 with my best friend for his first time. He just rang the second awakening bell and we're both dry on humanity.

    submitted by /u/Ttrip66
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what rite of passage completing Dark Souls is, but I did it.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I just needed a space to share this feeling of being cleansed, like having walked to the other side of a world that was invisible yet within arms reach this entire time.

    None of the bosses were "easy," in my opinion. Some I finished quicker than others. Some took me hours. I had to adapt from my balanced build, favorite sets of armor and weapons, but I learned ways to win without too much of a sacrifice in how I wanted to play.

    I need a break, but I'm already thinking about returning to Lordran.

    submitted by /u/rustycrayon
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that the Blighttown's dung giants dropping dung pie is supposedly a counteractive gameplay mechanic for dealing with the toxic dart blowers

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    (taken from http://soulslore.wikidot.com/das1-game-no-shokutaku - Miyazaki's Game No Shokutaku interview)

    Miyazaki: About toxic: there's actually a planned and odd way of passing through Blighttown. There are toxic blow darters…

    Murohashi: Yeah…?

    Miyazaki: The Dung Pie is toxic so if you intoxicate yourself, you're safe from the blow darters as toxic does not stack.

    Murohashi: But then you're toxic anyways!

    Miyazaki: The toxic status taken from the Pie is a lot weaker than the toxic from the darts. They have a different damage output.

    Isomura: Aaaah, so to avoid being intoxicated, you inflict a less damaging toxic on yourself?

    Miyazaki: It was a popular way in the development team to beat Blighttown like that.

    Isomura: So that's why it's there!

    Murohashi: Never thought of that…

    Miyazaki: No, it's not, in fact. We found that loophole with the toxic damages, but we just left it in, for a more in-depth gameplay.

    Isomura: I had like 35 of them!

    Miyazaki: So, you collect them and throw them to get toxic, then you can go on. I personally haven't tried, though!

    submitted by /u/the_power_of_failing
    [link] [comments]

    Time to bone out

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Do you watch soulsborne gaming videos?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    I'm curious how many people actively watch soulsborne content...

    I'm fully aware that dark souls and Bloodborne have incredible active communities. I'm just curious how many people actually seek out this type of content. I ask only because I recently decided to start making YouTube videos and what better game to start with then one of my all time favorites BLOODBORNE! I'd also really like to play dark souls for some YouTube videos. I'm just curious if people even watch Bloodborne or dark souls videos years after the releases?

    submitted by /u/PraiseDuhSun
    [link] [comments]

    New to dark souls looking for advice

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Hi I recently started playing dark souls remastered on the switch. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or build ideas for beginners, because I'm really enjoying the game and want to get better.

    submitted by /u/killabradzilla
    [link] [comments]

    Questions

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    So I recently beat ds3 and started playing ds1 and I'm wondering why the hell does everything follow you until the end of time. The Aggro in this game is insane I'm trying to fight the Capra demon but I can't run through the enemies and I just end up dying.Also why Is this game so narrow no room to work around.

    submitted by /u/jadepetals
    [link] [comments]

    I've messed up bad, I need advice!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    I'm playing darksouls for the first time and Im absolutely in love with it, but if I cant fix this situation I'm getting offly close to rage quiting.

    I NEED HUMANITY!

    I'm in Anor Londo and I have to fight Ornstein and Smough or whatever, I cant for the life of me get close to winning this fight, but I know I could beat it if I could spawn in help (Im on xbox 360 btw and its not connected to wifi so Im talking about the ai help) the issue is I was originally using Anor Londos first fire that gave me ten estus and running across the bridge everytime, but my dumb ass killed the fire keepee for their soul to help level my estus flask cause I thought that would make the fight easier, turns out that means I cant use that fire anymore which my dumb ass forget and I have literally never been angrier than the moment I realized that, I was already struggling with this fight with 10 estus, now I have to do it with 5 and no humanity.

    Can someone please tell me how I can get some humanity so I can level up the fire in the castle and have an ai helper for the fight. I love this game and don't want to quit but this is making me way to angry right now to the point I'm not even having fun, I just want to win this boss fight and then Im gonna take a break for a few days, I refuse to stop before I beat this though.

    submitted by /u/ProbablyNotGenius
    [link] [comments]

    Strength build gear to kick Manus in the ass

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    So my elation after beating Kalameet was short lived as soon as I met this dick Manus.

    I'm 40 STR/END, 33 STM, 23? DEX. Using Claymore +15, Mask of the Child, Cloranthy and F&P rings, Black Iron Greatshield, Black Cleric robe and Guardian boots and guantlets.

    What gear/tactics did other STR builds use for beating this asshole?

    submitted by /u/javajo91
    [link] [comments]

    How to force Kalameet tail cuts?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    I am losing my mind on this boss, he will not do a single fucking attack to lower his tail. I am finding it harder to resist the urge to kill this absolute pushover of a "boss" than I am anything else in the AoTB DLC. Whereabouts do I have to stand to force him to either do the hind leg flame attack or the calamity attack.

    submitted by /u/stoicbirch
    [link] [comments]

    So how active is each console for DSR

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I am thinking about getting DSR since i played thhe others an loved them, but i want more invasions and jolly cooperation, i currently play on a xbox one but i want to know how split the online community is, i have access to pc but don't know how it will keep up since it is older, thx for answers

    submitted by /u/Killercan43
    [link] [comments]

    I have beaten DS1 twice now and decided to spice things up. Now I’m SL 341.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    I had beaten DS1 in new game and ng+ at this point and thought the game was getting a bit hard. May I note that difficulty is the reason I love DS1, but it got to the point where I did no damage and got one shot by everything. The very same day my brother had gotten into Any% Dragon Tooth+5 speed runs. (One of the medium difficulty speed runs that is very fast. Part of that run is that you pull off a glitch that has you scam Frampt which is basically a glitch that allows you to duplicate a soul 999 times and you can level up almost infinitely. I learned how to do it and now I am SL341. I did that at the end of ng+ and when I started ng++ I did Siff as my first boss then 4 Kings. I'm basically unstoppable and kind of miss the challenge of Dark Souls. Now it is to late to back but don't want to scrap this character I've grown to "love".

    submitted by /u/vernleer
    [link] [comments]

    Someone wanna do a co-op run? (Switch)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Best Dark Souls Remastered PvP Soul Level??? (PS4)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    Hey guy, I'm jut wondering what the best soul level range is for DSR PvP

    Thanks heaps any answer is helpful!

    submitted by /u/aspacejunkie
    [link] [comments]

    which is harder?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    dark souls or god of war on the highest difficulty?

    also i know that godhand death rank is harder than both

    submitted by /u/ironhulk13792000
    [link] [comments]

    Stats for Moonlight Greatsword with more than 40 int?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Currently playing DS1, i wonder if I should stay 40 int with max stats for MLGS or go reach the 44 int for crystal soul spear. I want to know how much stats will i loose while using the MLGS with 41-42-43-44 int, what's the difference. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Alastor3
    [link] [comments]

    LVL 89, where to...

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    To be summoned to help. Apart from the Four Kings ( want to finish AotA first ) and anything past Artorias because this is where I'm at right now

    EDIT : Artorias is dead and now is so Manus, which is the bonfire people usually put their sign down next to for Manus?

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!! I LEVELED UP WRONG

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    So I'm a new player to dark souls remastered and I messed up my stats by leveling up the wrong things, now I know that once you finish the game you can go through it again but I have a question about that. Are you able to keep leveling up your character through the second play through or does it max at level 99?

    submitted by /u/0626060001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment