• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The enemies are positioned as if they were still ground riposted. Just thought I'd share this mildly amusing screenshot.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    I'm a fucking idiot

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Beat vanilla ds2 on 360. Picked up Sotfs when it was on sale on xbox. Beat aldia today, just have a few dlc bosses left. Loved every minute of the playthrough, sotfs is my favorite souls game. The only issue I had was the boss fights felt very anti climactic because there was no music! The music in the other games is epic, and I didn't remember the vanilla version having no music. Well, I just realized I turned the in game music down when I started the game, must have been listening to Spotify while I was playing. Literally played the whole game with no music. Fuck lol.

    submitted by /u/Sunbrojesus
    [link] [comments]

    Someone altered the lighting and particle effects on Smelter Demon

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Why does this game get so much hate?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    When I first looked into the souls games years ago, I heard so much negativity about DS2 that I was planning on skipping it altogether. Life happened and I stopped playing video games for a while about 70% of the way through DS1 (had to sell the Xbox I was playing it on to pay rent). Always wanted to come back and finish it though.

    Years later I've figured out how to adult more or less and have enough money and time to catch up on these games now, just finished Dark Souls: Remastered on switch and am remembering how much I love these games.

    I'm a few hours into DS2: SotFS on PS4 now, and I'm loving this game so far. Lots of little improvements they made over the first game, and it runs beautifully, looks good, and just feels like a great sequel overall. It's similar enough to DS1 to feel like a sequel, but there's enough changes to make it feel new and interesting. There's still the occasional bugginess and frustration, but the first game had that in spades and I still loved it lol.

    Maybe I'm a little early in the game to be making judgment calls but I I'm not sure I see how this game deserves hate.

    submitted by /u/ShaolinShade
    [link] [comments]

    Iron passage in Brume DLC is so stupid hard, help!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Need a little help there, I tried on r/summonsign but it may not be active at this time of the day.

    I managed to play the whole game solo without too much trouble, but so far the DLCs have been kicking my ass. It's worst than anything I played in DSR and DS2 base game. Iron passage to the blue smelter demon would not be so stupid if it wasn't for the sorcerers that casts slow effect, I can't run it, I get bombarded from the higher cliffs. When I get to the boss I hit like a noodle, apparently from soft had the idea of making stuff high magci resistant, i'm malding t.t

    submitted by /u/Clericscums
    [link] [comments]

    So I just stared 2 guys to death...

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I was dicking around in BoB duels and was wearing Havel's set and shield with a non-reinforced dagger. It was literally the MOST I can equip with my setup, I was mostly testing to see the damage mitigation. Anyways, I wanted the 2 level map but we got summoned to the bridge one. Whatever, it's cool and not like I wanted to win. I put shield up and run out and get all up in the duelist's face to provoke an attack. Instead of swinging, this dude in full smelter armor just freaking rolls sideways off the bridge! I laughed and thought it was because he thought I was some pro player with a little pig sticker, so I go again. Different guy, same map. I ran up and this time jumped, didn't attack just jumped, at the guy and he straight up rolled off the bridge too! Is this just accident or is a guy in full Havel's with a dagger that damn intimidating? 🤣

    submitted by /u/Drekkevac
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op for a noob

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    I want to ask a question that has probably been asked a million times before.

    How do I get summoned in ds2? I know about soul memory and how it works. But are there bonfires where people would summon me more commonly? or is there 1 god people know to choose to get more signs appear? or is the game really just played so little?

    submitted by /u/lplaysouls
    [link] [comments]

    What sword should I use?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I was planning to use the fire longsword with mace but I just found the drangelic sword and looked at the damage and it was really high. But, now I'm confused as to which sword should I upgrade. I already got a +2 on fire sword and drangelic sword is even powerful without any upgrade so it'd be op.

    My question is that is there any better sword than drangelic sword that I can get early on, I"ve so far reached no man's wharf area. And my dex is painfully low for the sword so I have to get it up by 10 levels(to 20th level) which would be really hard since my current level is around 52 so every level up cost around 5k souls now and I'm trying to keep a low dex anyways. So, should I wait for a better sword or just go for drangelic.

    submitted by /u/life_never_stops_97
    [link] [comments]

    should i get the regular version or scholar of the first sin?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    i'm not sure cause sotfs seems to come with the dlc but i've also heard that it's way worse than the original or should i just buy the original and then buy the dlc separately

    submitted by /u/quadc001
    [link] [comments]

    Why Does Everyone Want to Fight You?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    So this has not been asked in this subreddit AT ALL. It's been asked in r/darksouls and r/darksouls3 but not here. Why IS EVERYONE TRYING TO FIGHT YOU? I've beaten Souls 2 and it's DLCs like 2 days ago and the question has never left my mind.

    I mean I can get why a few want to fight you since your entire goal is to get to the Throne of Want to rekindle/relight the flame.

    Nashandra wants to fight you over possession of the Throne.

    Aldia I guess(?) wants to see how worthy you are of the Throne?

    The Last Giant is reluctant to fight you but doesn't want to. He's only defending himself, literally because he's the last of his kind.

    Vendrick does not want to fight you, in fact he doesn't even acknowledge you're there. I don't even know what's the point of killing this coward of a king.

    Velstadt fights you only because he's defending the King. What a good guy.

    Ivory King I'm still confused about. I suppose because he's gone chaotic(?) and you're supposed to release the frozen shackles from this King. But that's about it.

    What about everyone else? Why are they trying to fight you? And the ones above; am I right? Wrong? Let me know.

    submitted by /u/mpchop
    [link] [comments]

    I have achieved.. sub 9min Craftsman's Hammer

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I know, its a shitty excuse for a speedrun challenge.

    I also know, like 2 people care.

    u/Fhoulan , thanks for the idea and the motivation to go through with it.

    I don't have footage of the run, as the last time I tried to record, the video was choppy and practically unwatchable. I do however, have a GIF showcasing it.

    submitted by /u/throwatmethebiggay
    [link] [comments]

    Finished DS2... Help deciding what's next

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    DS2 was my first souls game, and I just finished it including the dlcs. And I'm freaking hooked!!!

    My favorite boss was the fume knight. Just a nice tough dude that smacks you silly and changes it up in a cool way mid fight.

    Least favorite boss and area, frigid outskirts with Lud and Zallen. Fuck me with a boat anchor that was tough. Just the process to have another go at them was a mini boss fight.

    Anyhow, I own both Bloodborne and DS3 and I want to know what is your opinion on which one I should play next. I thought Bloodborne because it's the slightly older one between them. But maybe DS3 first to finish of the ds series?

    submitted by /u/VulneraryClown0
    [link] [comments]

    Need some backseat gaming help

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Does anyone in here wanna help back seat me through my first DS 2 play through on twitch? Here's my link, I'll be streaming 6pm uk time Thursday if anyone's interested currently stuck in no mans wharf

    Twitch.tv/DarkAtoms

    submitted by /u/dark_atoms1992
    [link] [comments]

    100% Run help

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    I was about to start a DS2 100% run with a checklist so I doubt I will miss much but have you guys got any tips for things to not miss out for and i was wondering if I should do the farming for covenant items in the NG

    submitted by /u/Alberto-Wesker
    [link] [comments]

    Your inventory bag is full

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    I've never seen this message before! Does that mean I'm full of poison throwing daggers specifically? That was the item I was trying to pick up.

    submitted by /u/stump2003
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get more lifegems from?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    I already bought all the lifegems from the lady in the Forest of fallen giants. Right now, I've unlocked No-man's wharf and Lost bastille. Is there any way to get more life gems?

    submitted by /u/life_never_stops_97
    [link] [comments]

    I need to find a Human Effigy!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    This is my first DS2 and Souls playthrough, I'm near the end and at one of the final bosses, Demon of Song, I think. Well, I can't beat him alone. I need to reverse my hollowing and summon my friend but, well, I don't have any effigy! I already bought one from that hollow lady merchant, but need more.

    Edit1: I've beaten him!!! Thank you all!!! Does anyone have any idea where can I buy or farm?

    submitted by /u/Laughing_Trout
    [link] [comments]

    Expert opinions

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    As someone who only played demons souls, ds1 and is currently going through ds2, I want to know what you think of ds2 comparing to other souls games.

    I heard really bad things about this game but I have to say sotfs isn't as bad as that and I don't regret not going straight from ds1 remake to ds3 like I was initially going to.

    Boss fights are kinda meh so far but apart from that I have few complaints

    submitted by /u/pedias18
    [link] [comments]

    Is Majula the last non-fucked up place in Drangleic?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Okay, obviously not below it, but the hub. Where the Emerald Herald reside, a blacksmith, a merchant, a talking cat, and a few other notable individuals. Then there's you, the Bearer of the Curse.

    Obviously you're off fighting and trying your best to get to the castle and eventually the Throne of Want, but through the journey and the endless turmoil of suffering that is Drangleic, Majula is literally the only place that's not trying to kill you. Not only that, but the residents there are somewhat normal. You have the Emerald Herald, a failed Firekeeper, doing her best to aid you until the end. Until you are the final monarch. The other people in Majula either don't care about you because they know the outcome and their used to Drangleic being well... the place that it is, or they support you in your cause and are waiting to watch you succeed (or fail) in getting to the Throne of Want.

    So I ask again, IS Majula the safest (probably not) or at least normal place of Drangleic?

    submitted by /u/mpchop
    [link] [comments]

    Queen of Drangleic - Cover

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    My take on Queen of Drangleic track from the game album. I thought I'd share with you my tribute to this awesome game.

    https://soundcloud.com/amir-hossein-baratian/queen-of-drangleic

    submitted by /u/theuntouchable2725
    [link] [comments]

    Worst enemy in the game by far

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Is the ice porcupines. They do so much damage with such ridiculous speed that I'm actually afraid to get through the area I'm in. Seeing them is a guarantee of death.

    submitted by /u/plastic-watering-can
    [link] [comments]

    New to this game and community and need help

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Every time I die I lose a little of my max health how do o get it back

    submitted by /u/lolo_lulu123
    [link] [comments]

    Black Gulch is the worst Dark Souls Area in any game ever

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    I can't stand this area. You walk 2 steps and are instantly poisoned then every consecutive step leads to your character stumbling backwards for 8 years while some stupid worm hand hybrid inches over to spank your booty. I literally have to take several long trips of breaking every single one of the poison spitting statues so when I farm for souls I don't instantly get poisoned and lose all my hp!!! I think what annoys me the most about this area is the fact that there's no stopping/dealing with it. If it was like DS3 where you just get poisoned and you can't do much about it but can still move it would be fine, but why on earth does it have to stagger you every SINGLE TIME!???? Oh also those hand things grab me even when I am clearly far enough away from it. It just teleports onto my character and kills me.

    Edit: Thank you everyone for your very helpful suggestions. I'm still gonna suffer from this place, but hopefully not as poorly as the first time. :,)

    submitted by /u/SpecialDemon125
    [link] [comments]

    Why are all the bosses so easy?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    So I finished dark souls 1 a few days ago and right after I finished I started my first playthrough of dark souls 2 and so far I've defeated all the bosses so far on my first try. I just wanna know if the bosses in dark souls 2 are supposed to be easy.

    submitted by /u/cmdrgoose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment