• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Dark Souls Finally cut off Kalameet's tail and got the obsidian great sword.

    Dark Souls Finally cut off Kalameet's tail and got the obsidian great sword.


    Finally cut off Kalameet's tail and got the obsidian great sword.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Took fucking forever. Now it's time to kick his ass since I learned every single move of his.

    submitted by /u/InfiniteSpoons
    [link] [comments]

    My 9 year old son just beat DS by himself

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/sBuKofA

    He did it all. The whole game, by himself. When he would get stuck I would suggest what to do but I helped him with none of it. I wanted him to feel the pain and joy of overcoming all of the obstacles. The only thing he had help on was that he summoned a phantom for Ornstein and Smough. I allowed that because eff those guys. He got really hung up on four kings but once he learned that he had to be relentless against them, it clicked. Half way through he was very shield dependent but soon figured out that doesn't always work. Then he ends the game by parrying the hell outta Gwen. I'm like, oh...ok then. Super proud of this kid, now it's time for the DLC. he got to artorias and noped out after the 8th death. We'll see if he keeps his momentum going.

    Edit: since we got some salty crew up in here questioning my boys credibility, let me clarify. He went and explored the DLC for a bit after beating the four kings and right before killing Gwen. He got to Artorias and gave up and went back to take on Gwen. Now he's working through NG+ to get back to Oolicile which really doesn't take that long to get to. I don't see how that tidbit put his credibility into question since I never stated when and where he did it but, ya. Some people are BIG mad about that for some reason.

    submitted by /u/DropShotter
    [link] [comments]

    First Fight Against Gwyn

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    So, this is my first full play through of Dark Souls. I had attempted the game before but only got as far as the Dukes Archives before stopping. A friend purchased the game for me on PC, and I began in earnest. It has been an adventure to say the least, and finally, after defeating the 4Kings, the door to the Kiln of the First Flame was opened.

    I didn't immediately go to kill Gwyn, I cleaned up some outstanding optional areas and collected the last of some missing loot. Last night I decided to give Gwyn a go, see if my character was prepared for Gwyn. My friend is on the stream watching since he has guided me both as a phantom and with occasional tips on my journey.

    Now I have been told, Gwyn is incredibly easy if you can parry him. So for practice I started parrying the black knights in the kiln leading up to him. Parried each of their first attacks. Which is not normal for me, I typically block or roll as some of the Parry windows have different timing and I'm often too early or too late.

    I don't know if there was something in the air last night, but it felt right. I told my buddy I appreciated the help, but I was determined to face Gwyn alone. He warned me of the first attack that Gwyn leaps at you, which ironically, for those who remember the skeletons of the undead berg, they have a similar leaping attack. And the timing is very similar.

    As I enter the boss room, I recalled the videos of Dark Souls players parrying the first strike of a particular boss in a later game (I think it was DS3). I watched Gwyn leap toward me, as I have so many skeletons before. And in the instant before they land, the parry window is open. I parried. And I was rewarded with the sound I longed to hear. I vaguely hear my friend gasp in the background as I riposte and smack Gwyn down with my Zweihander. I rolled and rolled and rolled. I never got another parry in, but I did get him down to half health before I miss timed a roll and he managed to land enough strikes to finish me.

    I almost wish I hadn't been streaming via discord as I normally record gameplay, and that would have been one for my archives. Still, the moment I first walked into Gwyns boss fight and parried his initial attack will stand out as one of my favorite memories in gaming. I am no master of Dark Souls, but I think back at how this character started and how easily I was bested by such small enemies, to be able to handle the final boss fight on my own is something I didn't think I would be able to do. I may not have defeated Gwyn on my first go, but he will go down, and I will add his soul to my collection as I begin my Ng+

    submitted by /u/Noctum-Aeternus
    [link] [comments]

    Which boss genuinely scared you?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Interested to hear what boss people found genuinely scary or creepy to fight. Particularly in Dark Souls but there might be ones from other From Soft titles, like Bloodborne was particularly freaky.

    For me, I have a spider phobia so The Duke's Dear Freja scares the crap out of me, particularly the added Jump scare in NG+. First play through I just got enough souls to progress without fighting Freja.

    submitted by /u/Beanbag_shmoo
    [link] [comments]

    It’s like riding a bike

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    I fired the game up this afternoon, for the first time in months, expecting to be frustrated all over again. What I found, instead, is that this shit is seared into my muscle memory. I soloed the Bell Gargoyles on the first try - and even managed to inadvertently severe one of their tails.

    I took the master key intending to skip the Capra Demon. But since I wanted to see how broken Pyromancy makes the game this time around, I decided to grin and bear it. I dropped him on the second try.

    I now see why people come back to this game time and again. Once you git gud, the gud never leaves you. The gud is kindled inside you, like the sacred flame.

    submitted by /u/ShaolinBastard
    [link] [comments]

    8 years. Thank you.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    It was year 2012. I believe when I discovered Dark Souls on PC, and it's been a start of many things to come.

    It's been the start of many very hard years in my life, and it's only life irony I've fallen in love with this game when it all started. So many times I'd find myself so close to quitting, just letting go. Both hardships faced in life, and bosses in this game that trashed me so hard.

    Don't like to talk about those hard years, but I'll briefly say that this game and it's community in its entirety have both been amazing teacher., and helped a lot.

    Teacher on important lesson never to quit.

    Fast forward today, life is doing much better. Hardships faced and conquered, all of the Dark Souls games installed and actively played.

    But the times I was taught not to dare to go hollow wont be forgotten.

    https://imgur.com/a/8LLUb8F

    Thank you, all of you Sunbros and Darkwraiths (and the rest of loving bunch).

    submitted by /u/_thoax_
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] Dark Souls 2 or 3?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I started the genre with the OG Demon's Souls on the PS3 and after that spent many hours having fun with Dark Souls on the PS3. Now I am mostly playuing games on the pc but I'm looking for something else than shooters. Time to fire up some Dark Souls again.

    Anyway, I will probably have time to put into 1 of the games only this year. And I can't decide between DS2 (SotFS) and DS3. I'm someone that tends to play games by order but I figured that waiting anotheryear might mean DS3's community is dead since the game is obviously aging and that I be able to experience the PvP.

    So.... DS2 this year and DS3 next year oorrrrrrr DS3 this year and DS2 next year?

    submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub
    [link] [comments]

    I did it. Completed dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Sadly lord Gwyn was a pushover. The bed of chaos all about Parkour. Gravelord was easy but the path to reach him was nightmare. Sir sif was a nice fight not a gonna lie I died a lot. Four kings were dead because of my boi iron tarkus set with zweihandler. I didn't kill Priscilla and Gwyndolin because they did me no harm.

    Pushover bosses: Pinwheel Moonlight butterfly Asylum demon Demon firesage

    Amazing bosses: Top artorias of the Abyss Gaping dragon (sadly couldn't cut his tail) Kalameet Manus was irritating but nice Gargoyles were tough early game Hydra fight is all about patience Quelaag was hot literally

    Toughest non boss to fight Stone gaurdian in oolacile sanctuary Drakes Titanite demon Black and silver knight Dark wraith (above two parry god for life)

    Sadly I fought Ornstien and smough with solaires help so fight ended really soon.

    Most hated encounter Anor londo archers

    I was level 104. Claymore and zweihandler+15. Grass crest shield. Warrior Armor till artorias dlc then artorias set. Iron tarkus set for some situations because of poise. It was quite a experience.

    I want to ask should I go ng+ or try dark souls 3. For a new experience.

    submitted by /u/Prajwalsingh98
    [link] [comments]

    DSFix + DSR 2020 Textures pack?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Is the DSFix mod still necessary in 2020?

    Do I use it together with the newly released "DSR 2020 Textures pack" ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/E_N_E_K_O_I_T_Z
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the Craziest Invasion You’ve Ever Had?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Title pretty much. What's the craziest invasion you've ever had in Souls 1? It could crazy, sad, awful, upsetting, or just down right amazing. The only ever good invasion I've had was in DS2 when some guy gave me free souls, lol but that's about it. What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/mpchop
    [link] [comments]

    This game got me through some of the toughest times in my life

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Thinking back on it, I was never a hardcore gamer. It was always more about the story for me, but I would typically play games that weren't notoriously challenging. When I got to Dark Souls, I knew I was up for a challenge. I played it here and there, but eventually I sat down and just tried to play through the whole thing. It took me a good while longer than most players and I definitely missed some items and hidden areas, but I can honestly say that this game has prepared me for life in ways that I never thought possible. Whether its dealing with quarantine, a break up, being laid off, or losing someone close to me, I always had the mentality to just get up after each blow. After beating Ornstein and Smough, dealing with life seemed much more manageable. I hope you guys got as much out of this game as I did.

    Stay safe and don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/Pwnhunter
    [link] [comments]

    Which tail was the hardest for you to cut? How long did it take?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    The longest tail to cut for me was Seath because he kept moving

    The most attempts was the sanctuary guardian. It has anti-tail cutting AI which made it harder than trying to fight kalameet, I kept hitting his thighs instead of the actual tail in the narrow windows. I kept having to die to reset damage until I decided after 4 hours to call it quits

    submitted by /u/aesthetic_laker_fan
    [link] [comments]

    I just learned you can be invaded while sitting at a bonfire

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Sitting at the bonfire in the depths, human because I was about to fight Gaping Dragon and wanted to summon Solaire and Lautrec. I went AFK to do something, came back to an invader running down that hallway straight towards me. Died.

    submitted by /u/Eli-Throws-Shade
    [link] [comments]

    Banned for Changing Install Location?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Is it at all possible to get banned in DSR, II, SOTFS or III if I change their install locations? I'm replacing my HDD soon and wanna avoid From's degenerative "anti-cheat" system.

    submitted by /u/DemonLegDay
    [link] [comments]

    Soul level points

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Little guide if your a bit OCD about this kind of thing to how many souls you need to get to levels (pyromancer start) 1-10= 6,672/ 11-20= 16,009/ 21-30= 41,571/ 31-40= 76,477/ 41-50= 121,764/ 51-60= 178,633/ 61-70= 248,278/ 71-80= 331,906/ 81-90= 430,712/ 91-100= 545,899 Total souls needed level 1 through 100 is = 1,997,921 Hopes this helps someone

    submitted by /u/spazking91
    [link] [comments]

    summoning range for gaping dragon and co op help

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    Hi everyone

    So i've beaten every souls game, done soul level 1 runs, done bloodborne, beat kos, beat chalice dungeons, working on sekiro. a lot of experience but i do not understand the match making stuff at all. with remastered i guess they did the whole soul level stuff and its a mess. so here is the situation

    a buddy is playing through it now and want to do co op with me, hooray jolly cooperation. all my characters are apparently too high to play with him.made a new one, and he could never summon me.

    i can get to gaping dragon in an hour. i can make a new character and gear it enough to help him out easily. what level range should i be to be able to be summoned by him for gaping dragon, how close to his level do i have to be, do i need to worry about weapon upgrades?

    i just want to help my buddy enjoy the game and play with him but getting the co op to work is a pain so far.

    submitted by /u/demonardvark
    [link] [comments]

    DLC thoughts and feels

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I've just completed the DLC. This was my second run on dark souls and I streamed the 4 bosses so my compadres could watch (and laugh). It took four streams to wrap it up. THE BOSSES (not the gaurdian) IN THE DLC ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN THE GAME. In terms of lore, the DLC adds so much to the main game. The design of these bosses is literally unbelievable. The way that Artorias feels like he should be fighting alongside sif. Kalameet is a fantastic Grafton fight, and Manus fells like he definitely whooped artorias in a 1v2. Nothing else to add. Fantastic. Stay safe and praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/-__-JR-__-
    [link] [comments]

    Gaping Dragon was a hilarious fight

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    I'm so used to the fast paced bosses of DS3 that this felt like a slow mo fight. It kept on flying into the air constantly, which was annoying, but funny because I would just stare at it thinking, "can you come down now?". Other than that, the only damage I took was when I touched its foot when doing circles around it.

    I know this is supposed to be an easy boss, but still, I was laughing my ass off.

    submitted by /u/Kaeaken
    [link] [comments]

    My favourite Dark Souls fanmade video Featuring Giantdad

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogw_FdxgdZI

    There is another I couldn't find that was (or is) as good. It was about a poor hollow dying over and over until it manages to get the timing and starts parrying everyone else until Gwyn.

    Oh, is this one:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbOVTQnbAA

    Praise the community

    submitted by /u/Silveriovski
    [link] [comments]

    How many copies of the Dark Souls trilogy are you willing to own?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    I own 2 copies of Dark Souls II, 3 copies of Dark Souls, and 1 copy of Dark Souls III. Im thinking about picoing up the triolgy edition for XBone due tot he fact I dont have a physical copy, so I was curious if I was wierd or not for doing this.

    submitted by /u/sparta13372
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel Solaire

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    First Souls Game Complete!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    After about 42 hours, I just beat Dark Souls for the first time! Just tonight, I ran through Manus, Kalameet, [edit: completely forgot about fire demon, and fire centipede] Bed of Chaos, Sif (PepeHands), Four Kinds, and Gwyn! It's definitely a new addition to my list of favorite games of all time! I know I missed a lot of the quests, but I'm excited to eventually play it again, and try to more or less 100% it!

    I became curious about this game about a year ago after watching a play through from one of my fave streamers (he wasn't a fan, but sometimes it's fun to watch people suffer at video games.) I first tried Dark Souls II SOTFS with some veteran souls player friends because it was cheap on steam. I played for about 2 hours. I hated it. It was hard, it felt unfair, and I felt punished by the game for trying to learn with the hollowing mechanic. So I put Dark Souls off to the side. I was recently talking to my brother and we got on the topic of Dark Souls and I was curious, and so he showed me lore videos (thanks VaatiVidya.) I knew I had to play it. At the very least, I had to try.

    The next day I sat down, and I played. And it was fun! It was hard, and challenging, and sometimes it felt like you were throwing yourself against the wall to no end, but it felt fair. I knew when I died, that it was because of a mistake I made, and I learned and got better, and kept it in mind for next time. And when I won, it felt good! It felt extremely rewarding! I had learned, achieved, and overcame!

    Quickly Dark Souls became the forefront of my thoughts in my free time. I couldn't wait to come home from work and hit some skellys, monsters, and demons in the face and try my hand at the next boss. I started talking about it with coworkers, and I'd call it, "A wacky rhythm and puzzle game, but watch out!" I even managed to get one of my bosses turned on to it to try (He had played Demon Souls long ago.) I started regularly browsing this sub on my breaks just to see what people were talking about with the game. If I couldn't play the game, I wanted to read and look at related content, just to keep from oversharing and geeking out about this game and annoying my coworkers.

    I also recently had some bad things happen in my life. I did some things wrong, fell into some no good shit, and lost most of my friends for it. I was at my brother's house that night, because I was extremely depressed, and I was worried that I was going to do something bad to myself. Luckily I didn't. While this game has also been a good distraction from some of that, it's also been a little bit of a life lesson teacher. No matter how many times you mess up, there is always a chance to come back, learn, and do the right thing. You may lose some stuff along the way, but you may also find something new instead. You fall down 7 times, you get up 8 no matter how bad falling down hurt. Because sometimes, falling down really fucking hurts. But you have to keep getting back up. I have to. It was a really fun ride! And it honestly kinda helped save my life, although I would say I'm still getting there.

    My apologies for getting super serious, but I think without that context, it's just another fun game. But this game now definitely means something special to me. I'm starting DS3 tomorrow, but if you want a brand new Souls player's opinion on any of the bosses or sections of the game or my build, I'd love to chat!

    TL;DR Dark Souls Good Game :thumbsup:

    submitted by /u/Alexalicious
    [link] [comments]

    The randomizers are hilarious and terrifying

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Possible spoilers and also kinda pointless, but if you've never tried the randomizers for PC, you're missing out.

    So. I haven't played DS at all in about 6 months. I recently found a guy streaming a completely blind playthrough, and it inspired me to play again. Even though I had it on the Switch, I bought DSR on PC because I wanted to try the randomizers out.

    Item randomizer had me starting with a Titanite Catch Pole. I OHKO the Asylum Demon with a plunging attack and was dealing nearly 300 damage to the undead there. I killed the cleric at Firelink and got the Soul of Smough. I bought a soul of a proud warrior for 300 souls (profit!!). I was level 25 before even trying to fight the gargoyles without grinding.

    Enemy randomizer had Kalameet where the Stray Demon lives. It took five tries to get down the first hallway because he could hit me through the wall. He was also able to attack through the floor outside the Asylum Demon fog gate. The first enemy I saw was one of the quick little goblin dudes from Blighttown. The Asylum Demon was actually a gargoyle. All this with just a rapier for attacking.

    I rerolled and made it to Firelink. First two enemies I see are a crystal golem and manserpent. A catacomb pyromancer replaced the first rat. Make it to Undead Burg and get toxic'd by the pus-headed things in Painted World and wrecked by some weird ass pitchfork wielding things I've never even seen before and assume are in the DLC (which I've yet to finish).

    This was already easily one of my favorite games ever, and now it can never get stale. Also, I was pleasantly surprised just how much more active the scene is on PC. I didn't expect a ton of activity on Switch, but I could've rolled into the gargoyle fight about 6 deep (if the game even allows you to summon that many people).

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/the_gamera_obscura
    [link] [comments]

    I forgot about the Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I forgot how absolutely awful the Bed of Chaos was. I had blanked the awful design from memory. I honestly think it is probably the worst boss in Dark Souls, at least the moonlight butterfly and pinwheel could be legitimately hard if you are low level. The bed of Chaos isnt hard due to a good design but due to awful design of that final jump etc.

    submitted by /u/CheekyDx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment