• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Fact: Since Gwyn represents the light, there's no black notes played on the piano during his boss fight

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Saw this comment on a YouTube video I was watching and thought it was pretty cool. This is crazy attention to detail if it's true. Anyone else notice any other interesting details regarding music or audio for this game?

    submitted by /u/TheLonelyPillow
    [link] [comments]

    What is the "sun" that Solaire is looking for?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Dark Souls has literally the greatest story telling of all time and is the greatest example of how videogames can do interactive storytelling.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    It's a game were the biggest villain is essentially entropy, the inescapable fact that everything will die and decay, and all will succumb to chaos. It sticks to this idea in such an insane way in that, even if you 'win' the game, you still lose.

    The core idea of Dark Souls is that Humanity=determination/drive/will. The thing that makes us human is our desire to accomplish whatever goals and overcome whatever challenges lie in the way. Its our will to seek change in life. If you stop trying to overcome the challenges ahead of you, if you become more interested in just finding your own safe space, you give up your humanity and go hollow.

    The beautifully melancholic thing about Dark Souls is that, by becoming content, by being, not even happy, but just 'ok' with your current status, you go hollow. If you help Solaire to find his sun, he goes hollow. If you lead Logan to the Archives, he goes hollow. If you help Reah complete her pilgrimage, she goes hollow. If you help Seigmeyer perform his feat of strength, he goes hollow. If you complete your one goal, and don't set a new one for yourself, you still ultimately fail. The same fate even succumbs to the player even if you succeed in linking the fire.

    Even the people who gave up, claimed it was too hard, and never finished it, they too, go hollow. They're the enemies in the undead burg, blighttown, the undead parish, and every other location in the game. Those who gave up on the quest, they too went hollow and joined the ranks of the undead.

    It's such a poetic tragedy of a game, and truly shows what interactive storytelling can accomplish. It has such a depressingly dark and sad theme, and manages to extend that to include people who don't even finish the game to be part of its plot. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

    submitted by /u/anevar
    [link] [comments]

    It took me a 100 hours to beat Dark Souls and I did it all wrong.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Due to the lockdown I recently bought a Nintendo Switch, my first video game console in 15 years. I had played a little bit of Dark Souls 3 at a friend's several years ago and liked it alot, so I picked Dark Souls Remastered as my first game. Yeah, a decade late, I know. I started playing in mid-March, and it took me to end-of-April to beat it.

    I did a blind playthrough without being aware of that being a special thing. I would've thought that's what everybody does on their first run.

    Idiotic things I did:

    - I completely missed the Depths and the 'proper' entrance to Blighttown until way, way later in the game. I actually entered Blighttown via the Valley of Drakes, coming from Darkroot Basin, and played the whole level the wrong way round. Even then, I found the locked door leading to the Depths and even the Great Hollow/Ash Lake illusory wall entrance before I actually found Quelaag's domain.

    - I forgot about the Skull lantern's ability, so I explored most of the Tomb of Giants in the dark by just inching my way forward step by step.

    - I beat almost anything else before beating Sen's Fortress. When I was finally in Anor Londo, I had already beaten everything that I could up to that point (Darkroot Garden/Basin, Catacombs, Tomb of Giants and Demon's Ruins all the way until the golden fog gates).

    - So when I had defeated Ornstein & Smough, rather than feeling like a midpoint in the game, it felt more like the endgame had begun. All I had to do was pretty much defeat the four bosses.

    - Missed the DLC. I defeated the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin, then never went back to that area....

    - I ran from the Painted World without properly beating it because I was too "wtf is this!?" than actually feeling the urge to stick around and explore properly. So when the lady told me to just drop from the back of the building I promptly did and never returned.

    - I never reversed my hollowing, or only as to kindle bonfires and then loose it as soon as I died the next time, so everything that only happens when you are in human form (invasions, summons) went past me. I never summoned Solaire once xD

    - The one and only time I just coincidentally happend to be human before a boss fight was right before the fight with Gwyn. My first attempt, too! I saw a white sign on the floor directly in front of Gwyn's fog gate. It said „Summon so-and-so?". I sure hit OK. Now the warrior I summoned was not an NPC, it was someone online. Well, yeah… Unfortunately he was a little too helpful for my game experience. He must have been super high-level, for when we entered the fog gate, he broke out a catalyst and cast two or three spells and mighty Gwyn fell dead to the floor within 10 seconds -__- The very anticlimactic end to my first playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Onox304
    [link] [comments]

    So I was fighting the Four Kings and I became a boss in real life...

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I was doing a SL 1 run for the onebros subredit and...

    I was 1 hit away of killing the kings when all of a sudden a fly collided with my face. I closed my eyes for half a second and I was dead. I was so mad I stood up.

    My life bar appeared and a choir started singing in my head. The little bastard stood there in front of me in my wall, I tried to get it with melee attacks bare handed. I just don't have enough dex I guess I didn't get it and the insect attacked my face again. I entered phase 2. Took off my footwear and started my ranged attacks. Almost got him but it seems it got equipped the Darkwood Ring and the Mist Ring cuz I lost sight of it a few times.

    I entered the final phase 3, mixed a ranged attack with a melee. The little bastard avoided the ranged attack rolling (flying) TOWARDS me and I got him wth my second shoe. When it was on the floor I gave it a nice Iron Golem Stomp. "No Estus for you I'm afraid"

    submitted by /u/Bisonfan95
    [link] [comments]

    I just need to get this off my chest

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    I just finished Dark Souls and it was amazing.
    Very challenging boss fights with good BGM's and many, many ways to fight a boss.
    There are alot of weapons to choose from and many of them have a unique style and lore behind them.
    There are alot of ways to play Dark Souls, I chose to go full strength for my first ever Dark Souls (I know it sounds dumb but I wanted a bigger challenge for my self).
    But all of that doesnt even compare to how incredible the storytelling is.
    There were fun moments, moments of despair, there were even places to chill with your favourite birb (Firelink Shrine), and all lead to one final fight.
    Every boss fight had way to make you suffer. Some summon enemies to kill you in their stead, other have AOE which is hard to evade, then there are ones that have surroundings that put you in a disadventage.

    BUT THAT SINGLE LAST FIGHT HAD NOTHING!

    It was just you and Gwyn, a fair 1 versus 1. No summonings, the setting was flat and with pillars that cover you while drinking estus etc.. You get what I mean.
    It was that feeling that made me quit the stream and write this.
    All of those factors combined with hard hitting sadness of Gwyn's OST, was too much for to bear alone.
    And after beating him, one of the easiest fights in all of Dark Souls, it gave me a message.
    He wanted to die, he didn't want to be king anymore.
    But why? Just why?
    I want to know it, please let me know it.
    And then after igniting the Bonfire, you were brought back to the point of beginning.
    Your travel and hardship were all in vain.
    But for what reason? I beat the king of Demons, Gwyn.
    Why am I damned to suffer through it all once again.
    Dark Souls is a masterpiece and I want to play the other titels too now.
    Just incredible how good it was.

    So now I want to know more about Dark Souls with out getting spoiled for the other titels.
    Do you know anything about the lore?
    Please let me know EVERYTHING.

    And sorry for typos and gramma ( From Germany :) )

    submitted by /u/Kyuuubae
    [link] [comments]

    My 10 year old just rang his first bell

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    The more I look at this picture of a titanite demon, the more I see the silhouette of a primordial serpent

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I saw this pic not long ago while browsing another website asking why titanite demons resemble primordial serpents. I wasn't convinced at first but went ahead and looked for a pic of a primordial serpent anyway and the more I look at it, the more they really do kinda have the image of one in a weird way. I couldn't really find a forward facing pic of one so I did the best I could. They look eerily similar after I inverted the color and you can kinda see where the eyes would be. The huge toothy grin and nose were immediately noticeable lol. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it haha, but I thought it was pretty neat or at least interesting enough to share!

    submitted by /u/SpookyKaathe
    [link] [comments]

    Game Exploration of Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I was tasked with making a game exploration for my Level Design class, and I thought I'd share it here.

    https://youtu.be/PZlOy0arbwg

    submitted by /u/Asthmaiscool
    [link] [comments]

    Im going to start darksouls soon and....

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    So, im gonna start this game soon (the remaster) and i have decided im gonna use spears! I was just wondering what starting class i should pick and where my levels should go? And are there any specific spears, rings or armour sets i should look out for?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Strife_YT
    [link] [comments]

    First Experience with Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 May 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I was always pretty intimidated by the Souls Franchise, however after 100%'ing Cuphead strangely enough I decided I was ready to give it a shot.

    Absolutely LOVE it so far, just rang the first Bell of Awakening and I am super excited to keep progressing. The sprawling levels and hauntingly beautiful environments are absolutely awe inspiring.

    I'm only like 4 hours in but I can certainly see this ending up being one of my favorite games ever!

    submitted by /u/mhammond4
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat artorias!

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    Take that ya gimpy bitch!!!! Edit: remembered the lore, and am now sad that I had to do that :(

    submitted by /u/Germizard
    [link] [comments]

    I finally think I've got the hang of parrying

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Proceed to die miserably at the hands of a hollow warrior. This game is great at keeping my stupidity in check

    submitted by /u/DollSteakTestMeat
    [link] [comments]

    I made Ganondorf in Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 May 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    OOT Normal form-

    • Black Iron Armor (No head)
    • Black Knight Great sword
    • Dark hand
    • FAP and Havel rings
    • Wrath of the gods
    • Undead Rapport

    OOT Ganon Form-

    • Steal armor and Boar head
    • Duel Black knight swords

    Here's a link to the image https://imgur.com/gallery/sga2kQS

    submitted by /u/knightlyfalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Forest Cat Covenant

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    So I joined Alvina and the forest covenant and shortly thereafter was attacked by one of the forest guardians. Not wanting to die, I killed the forest guardian at which point I got some interesting dialogue and Alvina disappeared. It appears I broke the covenant with the forest peeps. So is there a way to restore this covenant or am I just screwed?

    submitted by /u/sllimdog
    [link] [comments]

    After four hours of trying and miserably failing at Ratchet and Clank (Ornstein and Smough) i summoned Solbro and another player.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    At that point, with 3 against two it wasn't even fair and Rick and Morty went down in about two minutes. i feel like i cheated at the boss somehow, but honestly it was getting to the point where the game wasn't fun anymore so i don't feel terribly bad about it.

    I guess if i want to beat them the old fashioned way there's always NG+. It's weird, Bloodborne was my first Fromsoft game but nothing in BB gave me trouble like Banjo and Kazooie did

    submitted by /u/OrangeAdventure
    [link] [comments]

    Some help for a newbie

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    I just started DS1 tonight and have killed the Taurus Demon and nearly got burned to death afterwards. And was wondering if you guys could give some tips or whatever else to help me understand the game more? Currently using pyro for class for tips regarding it.

    submitted by /u/jacobcookieandjamgel
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion but idc

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    The two sanctuary guardians are the hardest bosses in dark souls, can't change my mind. Artorias and Manus were light work compared to these two. I've finished the game and I'm on NG+ and bruh I already killed Manus and Artorias I just returned to kill these two but they're making my life hell. Any tips 😭

    submitted by /u/SaiyafChowdhury
    [link] [comments]

    I must really really suck ass.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    This is my first ever souls game, so I knew this would all be hard. But I've been stuck at Qualaag for 2 days. None of the other bosses were even close to this amount of difficulty for me. Lost all my souls and humanity. Can't summon even the NPC to help my lame ass. Decided to go back to the depths to try and farm a few humanity. Got cursed. Fml I suck ass.

    submitted by /u/AncientOneCE
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon type that can hit the ghosts in new londo ruins below the narrow passageways?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! This community was nice to me last time, so I figured I could ask any questions I had here!

    In new londo, I've been trying to get the composite bow. There are some narrow passageways, one in particular has a section that I have to use a running jump to cross, but 3 ghosts spawn floating up from below. I can't figure out how to hit them effectively, as when I try to hit them with a heavy attack from my balder side sword, I fall off the ledge, and ignoring them makes them gang up on me and kill me(which is frustrating that they do so much.) I'm getting a little annoyed, so I'd like to ask what kind of weapon I should use to clear these ghosts! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Reshriluke
    [link] [comments]

    Best tips for Gwyn?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    So after the 4 Lord souls got melted like warm cheese in one sitting after 6 months of trying to beat O&S, I finally went to fight Gwyn. I got through the game without parrying once and my timing is DREADFUL, and now Gwyn has slapped me into the ground like Eric Cantona fly kicking a footie fan more times than I can count.

    I need a good strategy and equipment, currently have a +5 BKH, Greatshield of Artois and shit loads of different armours so need to know what to run armour wise. Build is strength based.

    Is it worth grabbing the fire DEF ring? And best strategies for taking him on melee or should I just git gud and learn to parry?

    Thanks guys, help me finish this game after 4 years pls

    submitted by /u/Hibananananana
    [link] [comments]

    I made a build designed around using The Greatsword Of Artorias.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I fucking love this sword. If you've never used it before you're missing out.

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/Cunt_Bucket_
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I upgrade my Weapon past +6?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I am able to upgrade to +6 but once I get there it vanishes? I have the large material to upgrade it?

    https://imgur.com/cKp8Ebv

    submitted by /u/Shanlks
    [link] [comments]

    What stats should I upgrade to make the most toxic Twop build

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    This is my first time making a faith build so I'm kinda new

    submitted by /u/milky-boiiiiii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment