• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wtf is that mace drakekeeper

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    He's like Smough but with Ornsteins speed. He does 1 attack and immediately goes into another i rarely feel like i can safely punish any of his attacks because he's just non stop attacking lol. This guy must be trained by Pontiff Sulyvahn because he can chain together so many attacks and then go into another without worry lol.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    Let's celebrate our Dark Souls essential workers; An overlooked NPC with a very nice accent.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Milibeth the housekeeper! She's got such a lovely voice and Yorkshire accent that i don't know why she doesn't get so much attention. Defintiely one of the best NPCs in the game!

    submitted by /u/Marvibun
    [link] [comments]

    After 2.000 hours, I'm done with DS2 (long text)

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I've tried (almost) everything in this game, and I'm bored. I've invaded ten thousand times and over, who knows.
    I should've stopped half a year ago, but I returned one final time to finish my pure spell pvp build (hex/sorc/pyro/miracle) and see it reach it's maximum potential.
    If you allow me to boast - it really did. I won almost every round in bob arena, even against people with rank3 aura - with only spells, no melee weapon, no 1shots, no css spam, no soulmass, just variety and uniqueness, tricks, combos and binoculars, that's what I like.
    I died countless times adjusting this build, and even if some1 bests me, it's fine, because my goal isn't just to win, but to win creatively.
    I can't think of anything else interesting i could try. There are some ideas but they are not my taste. I drained the creative potential of this game, at least the parts that appeal to me.

    That's not the only reason im leaving. The second reason is that I seem to like the DS3 pvp more.
    I like DS3's combat speed, and how it doesnt punish you as much for mistakes, because that allows for some creative high risk/reward plays to happen much more frequently than in ds2. I absolutely hate that gankspanks and comebacks are so hard in ds2.

    Even I, a big ds2 fan, have gotten tired of its clunkiness.
    Now the sad part is I can't run DS3 on my computer, so I'll just go play something casual and take college more seriously. It has been welling up inside, and now my decision is final. If I could forget and start again, would, but I cannot unlearn. And so I move on.
    I'm pretty proud of this last build it if I may say. I thought I'd feel much more victorious, but I feel very little right now, maybe a faint, tingling contentedness. It feels like reaching the end of a journey. I may now go hollow.

    submitted by /u/AutumnLeaf6701
    [link] [comments]

    The gargoyles are overrated

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Hey. So I've never played dark souls before, only bloodbourne and sekiro, and I have been attempting DS2 since about December of 2019. I usually take big gaps then pick it up again. Well, I was stuck on the lost sinner, so I went to fight the gargoyles because I saw that it makes the Lost sinner "easier". First I put down a white soap sign and got summoned to someone else's world. He literally only hit them once, and I pretty much killed them by myself. Then I did it solo. Died the first time, then beat them on the second time. I had waaaaay more trouble on The Rotten and the 3 sentinel. I was level 78 with a +5 mace for this fight. Idk just came to say to the new players, don't psych yourself out from comments online. You truly just gotta experience bosses by yourself to see If they are truly hard universally, or just hard for certain players.

    Now off to the Lost sinner lol

    Edit: The Lost Sinner is still kicking my ass

    Edit 2: Just beat the lost sinner and my heart is beating as if I just ran a marathon.

    submitted by /u/IAmLordApolloXXIII
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat it after years

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Finally beat nashandra and aldia after years of trying and giving up. Best dark souls 3 first, then demons souls, then 1, and finally 2. Used powerstanced giant warriors clubs +10 (damage was underwhelming with dual 737 AR, what's the deal with that?) And took the throne

    submitted by /u/ttyler1789
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    I am the Dark Soul. All achievements earned. It is bittersweet. Gathering all the spells was just...inconveniently difficult. I did however, enjoy the challenge of the Darklurker. I did not face him in NG and in NG+ I actually had to respec to a pyro build to beat him. Acquiring Hidden Weapon from the Bell Keepers was absolute nonsense. I actually played offline and farmed the mad warrior in Belfry Sol to get it because soul memory. Licia was a pain in the ass, Fume Knight in NG+ was a pain in the ass, and getting all 12 soul fragments of Nadalia was again, a pain in the ass. But I did it. I got gud.

    I only wish I could have had more jolly co-op along my journey. I was pleasantly surprised however, to see several red signs and dragon remnants at the iron keep bridge even after 2 billion soul memory, and I spent several hours parry training with the same red phantoms and dragonbros (meaning I got my ass handed to me). The last sign of multiplayer I saw was around 9 billion soul memory at the king's gate, but I died at Nashandra because I derped and I didn't see his or her sign afterwards. After that, NG++ was a breeze and I rushed to Chancellor Wellager in order to buy the last 3 spells in about 4 hours.

    My takeaways: soul memory is a bad system and is the biggest blemish on an otherwise pretty good Souls game. However, it was nice to see some multiplayer action at such high soul memory. To put it in perspective, I can drop my sign at the Inner Ring bonfire in DS3 at SL 128 and get summoned instantly (maybe because everyone needs help with Midir because he's so fucking hard no matter what SL).

    Maybe Dark Souls 2 is aging, and that doesn't help it's reputation as the 'black sheep' of the souls series (especially considering its development story), but I think think it is a great enough game to warrant due merit. I mean, it's a 6 year old game and there is a guy still interested enough to mod the game's lightning to make the ambiance better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPqGhSrGZ0

    submitted by /u/MisterOffdensen
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne... holy shit.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Fought and beat him for the first time today. I've fought every boss in the trilogy, and he is legitimately a legendary foe. No shitboxing, no gank, just variety and speed. Music and arena are amazing, too. Just wanted to say that I LOVED this fight.

    submitted by /u/EvilNerdWizard
    [link] [comments]

    Blacksteel katana drop

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I can't get this thing to drop, I've been killing allone knights for a hour now and I have so many of their armor it's ridiculous, after a while knights stopped respawning so I had to join company of champions I'm using gold serpent ring, dragon shield and travelling merchant hat so I should have a decent chance at getting it right?

    submitted by /u/bigpelmeni6
    [link] [comments]

    Vendrick

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    Man Vendrick is the first git gud moment I'm having. I can't get no summons help so I'm all alone. 4 giant souls and sticking behind him but usually get stuck and he kills me within 2/3 hits. Currently using maxed out rapier or fire longsword but willing to learn better weapons. I want to respec my character with soul vessel for sole purpose to become a vendrick killer

    submitted by /u/dbro2792
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be here

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    So I went from the smelter demon to the shrine of winter and couldn't do anything there so I went on pass and got to the drangleic castle and I don't know if I should stay or just leave this place

    submitted by /u/Needy89
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Weapon and Armor

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    What's up guys. I would love to hear your all time favorite weapons and your armor in the game. Why do you love it. What specific moments you had with them that made you love them even more?

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    This is my life now, isn't it?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    I'm restricting myself to 2 attempts per day so I don't go crazy, and here's the results of the latest 2. Attempt 3: got to iron keep, somehow got one shot by armorer dennis... how does that even happen? Attempt 4: I don't wanna talk about it... I made a rookie mistake, and I'm mad at myself.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Can I go late game with heide knight sword ?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Due to confusion on updated information for builds and pvp ive experienced at one point and noticed, i will be sharing my wealth of knowledge on pvp and build making/optimizing to our newer players

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    some of u may know me as the dude behind lightning prince. full ar builds, and full ar oneshot builds. I make build videos anyone can adapt, showing exact setup as well as cool fashion and theme, so people can pvp with a good strong build that works and also be fashionable/ roleplay at the same time

    (heres a playlist to these https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_I6fVAd0emu0-6UZAvCwywIqCdBvwqI6)

    if anyone wishes to ask me questions i will be replying to any and all , feel like helping the new community cant always crush them even if they are the only breath of fresh air from sl800 havel jester minatour hexer

    submitted by /u/ocksplee
    [link] [comments]

    A cheater ruined my no death run

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Got invaded by a cheater, literally suck me back from like 2 miles away backstabbed me. And here you go. My first no death run is ruined. I'm glad I'm not that far into the game but still Fuck you usagi. Also you don't have a option to play offline in dark souls 2 and I have to disconnect my internet? Who thought that's good idea?

    submitted by /u/EvanMcSwag
    [link] [comments]

    I just did a run with dual wield great swords and it was the most fun I’ve had in a while. What are some other fun builds to use that are a little unique?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Black Fog blocking all the exits from Majula

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Anyone know why black fog is blocking the exits to from Majula, never had this happen before and kinda confused about it.

    submitted by /u/EkkoJungleWorks
    [link] [comments]

    Help! How do I solve this save error

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I can play the game from anywhere to 5 minutes to 2 hours, but eventually I will always end up getting this error message. It says "An error occurred while saving. Attempting to save again. Press CANCEL to return to Title Menu." I know it doesn't have anything to do with my firewall. I've ran it in Administrator mode and tried everything I've seen on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas??

    submitted by /u/SaltyCube51
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 is way harder then DS3. Change my mind. Also same on Xbox store fyi

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Got Scholar of the first sin for 10 bucks. Half way through the game and boy is this shit harder. I suppose it's the old mechanics rather then the enemies themselves but I find myself dying so much more.

    Sale on Xbox store smh

    submitted by /u/Its__covered
    [link] [comments]

    Undead Crypt trap help

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    (for context, I'm a Dex main with 2 estocs and a +10 black bow) I'm sure everyone here knows the area I'm talking about. Four or five rooms after the second bonfire, you drop down a hole into a room full of tombstones and some undead rings the bell before you can reach it, then five or so pyromancers annihilate you with fire and heavy soul arrows.

    Does anyone have any advice? I've tried breaking the stones before the wraiths show up, but the bell gets rung and I'm dead. I've tried running down the hall to kill the undead but I can't kill it without ringing the bell myself and I'm dead.

    How the hell am I supposed to get past this??

    submitted by /u/Kelbi
    [link] [comments]

    Rhoy causing code BROWNS.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Anybody want to help me beat the pursuer?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Got him, boys!

    submitted by /u/Reasonab1eMan
    [link] [comments]

    Question for the DS2 vets

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    What in your opinion is the best weapon for a pure strength build? And what should I leave strength at to be effective?

    Edit: I gotta make a list, bunch of cool suggestions lol

    submitted by /u/Queen_of_Lucis
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Moon greatsword

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I saw it in the viking guy near majula and killed him for his souls is his weapon worth using at all, from what I've seen it's like a fake moonlight greatswond.

    submitted by /u/blitz_craig07
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment