• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I don't care about this game anymore

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Everything is terrible. My only friend is dead and I had to be the one to kill him. I heard you could save Solaire if you tribute 30 humanity to spider tits so I did. It was almost all I had. But then I opened the door and my heart dropped. There was my bro, bonkers with a bug on his head. WHYYY?! I didn't know you had to open the door before you beat the caterpillar. My heart hurts.

    submitted by /u/PandoraNocturne
    [link] [comments]

    After 5 years, my Dark Souls sleeve is finally complete!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Tattoo artist moved out of state so it has been a long process but we're finally done after 5 long years!

    https://imgur.com/a/FEtae7D

    Here are some WIP images over the years:

    https://imgur.com/a/UPqsL

    https://imgur.com/a/0PA20

    submitted by /u/Hush_03
    [link] [comments]

    I learned something new about the Sanctuary Guardian today....

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    HE RESPAWNS. TWICE.

    Here's me, running around kindling bonfires with my spare humanity when I think to myself "might as well visit the entrance bonfire while I'm at it". As I make my way through the path i notice the Guardian just chilling. I thought "Hmm that's weird but hey I killed him once, this is just free souls". Nope. Soon as I leave the tunnel i get a bolt of lightning to the back, then one to the face and so on.

    9 years later and I'm still finding new stuff.

    submitted by /u/Cardboard_Bomb
    [link] [comments]

    I finished my Dark Souls controller! DS3 is one of my all time favorites so I put ashes in the gray paint. I'm very open to doing another DS controller if y'all have any design suggestions.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Something just hit me.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    So, we all know Quelana talks a lot about Salaman. When speaking to her, she tells you to always fear the flame, "lest you be devoured by it, and lose yourself. I would hate to see that happen again..." Again? Like Salaman?

    Now, it's easy to mistake Salaman for King Jeremiah, as he, too, appears to be a pyromancer who lost his way in the flame, and they may very well originate from the same place, but he invades the player in the painted world, and nowhere else. Also, once you reach the edge of the painting, just before you return to Anor Londo, you see his corpse behind Priscilla, along with his armor set. Which insinuates that he died in the painting. That doesn't seem, to me, like something someone who's been consumed by the flame would do. You could argue he was captured, trapped, what-have-you, and taken to the painted world. I would argue that he invades you to help Priscilla protect it.

    Now, take a look at the parasitic wall-hugger in Blighttown. What do you find beneath it? Power Within. And what does Power Within do? It consumes the user. Maybe that's why Quelana doesn't stray farther away from the family she disowned out of fear. She's keeping an eye on what he's become.

    submitted by /u/SevtheSavage
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best Dark Souls videos?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Shouts out Manly Miner Men and Giant Dad ofc.

    Videos don't have to be limited to DS1.

    submitted by /u/CocaineSuicide
    [link] [comments]

    Black and Silver Knights

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Did some fan art of these guys a while back when I finally got the Platinum for the game. Farming for those ears forced me to get very familiar with the Silver knights!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/uDyrMLg

    submitted by /u/Luke_Richardson_Art
    [link] [comments]

    What was your noobiest moment in dark souls history

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Ill just make a list here for mine.

    I thought each class was pigeon holed into its starting name. So...I thought pyromancers could only cast fire, which was honest and true, however only have a few casts at the outset? I was very confused how I was to continue. I thought I was breaking my class by meleeing things.

    I did not know what the attune magic thing was for at a bonfire. I left it alone thinking it was a PvP thing and I wanted nothing to do with it.

    I figured out what souls were for real quick BUT I did not know they could be saved past a certain amount, I also thought they vanished when you left a "zone". Little did I know how interconnected the game was. I....bought the chainmail from that vendor, who made me so happy he was talking to me.

    I was very confused at what was going on. I had no idea the lore was in item descriptions, I had no idea that you didnt put your talents for the weapon you had NOW, instead planned for the future, I also didnt know there was no talent respec. So i just put talents where I thought they needed to go. I was a pyromancer who apparently left fire school early and only had like 8 fireballs. Had to man up and use this weird shortsword..thing...I found. But I still put them in intelligence. I was a caster right? RIGHT? *cries*

    I did not know how to lock on to monsters. I did it all visually. So imagine me trying to use a bow, and not knowing how to aim it, let alone lock onto monsters. I thought bows and crossbows were joke weapons put into this game to give me frustration as everything butchered me to death.

    With no quest givers I was very confused at what to do besides, ring a bell. When I finally got to the bell gargoyals, imagine my shock. Boss fight? What? How? I still did not know how to aim, or lock on. It was a nightmare. After getting trashed and loosing my stuff, I swore to never return. And just fought the baldur knights, thinking I was hot shit cause I could fight them.

    Note: I thought shields were dumb, and I just two handed everything. I did not know about block, or shield parry. I couldnt figure out what people online were talking about so I said wtf eff that! And googled "Strong weapon early in ds1" and watched the gravelord sword naked run. I studied it. And managed to actually get it. Who needed a shield or fire when you had this neat sword thing! Dont need to aim! it has a swipe! and a poke! yay!

    I have since learned the power of shields, parry, how to get magic right, and specs.

    I did not know what kindling was for. Thought it was some end game thing. The number in the left hand corner of the screen would change, I thought it was elevation or level location. Not humanities. In fact I didnt even know what humanities did. I used one and thought I increased the difficulty of the game cause the number jumped up. Got scared and restarted the game with a new character. Game was already hard enough. I thought regaining humanity at the bonfire was only to find items, and I couldnt stay alive long enough to hold onto it. So I never used it. The one time I did, I got invaded by a player, who was red, and I was wanted to be red to, then he absolutely sodomized me. Scared me even more away from regaining humanity. I thought it was just for pvp, so eff that to.

    Finally, if you have gotten this far, my favorite.

    I did not know what the souls of a "lost undead" or knight, or whatever they are called were for. I thought I was saving peoples souls and had to hold onto them for the end boss. I did not have any idea what they did. So, after all that time of learning, and stuff, I did not find out what they were for till I had finally, at long last, managed to get myself into anar londo. Dont ask about blighttown, the depths or quelagg. Just dont. Me beating the gargoyals with out lock on or aiming was a miracle in and of itself and I proudly used that gargoyal tail axe till the very end of the first game. Yes I had it up to +15, no i had no idea about magic enhancements, I thought they only came from resins....

    submitted by /u/Nopefeelins
    [link] [comments]

    Invading at Anor Londo archers

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I feel for host sometimes but it's very funny 😹

    Dragonslayer bow hits like a truck and the terror they feel when they see a third archer is priceless.

    Also, when someone manages to get bonfire (usually because right archer falls down himself) I reach them, give some gifts and come back home.

    What a game...

    submitted by /u/AnotherRedditUsr
    [link] [comments]

    Can I complain about BK weapon spawn rates for a sec [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    So I'm farming in the Kiln right. I enjoy the BKH, so I figured I'd just go get it. Thing is, the Halberd wielding knight is at the end of the area, so I've got four other very spaced apart knights to deal with before I get to him. I've run through this area at least 15 times. I have four swords, two greatswords, a greataxe, and five shields. No fucking halberd. I even got one of the shields from halberd bro. I just want my damn halberd please Miyazaki

    Edit: I finally got it, but it took too long lol. I guess now I don't have to worry about collecting Black Knight weapons ever.

    submitted by /u/RetroNotRetro
    [link] [comments]

    Can't decide if I should save Solaire or not.

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    This is my first DS1 playthrough. I haven't used any summons bc I haven't needed to (honestly the bosses are the easiest parts of the game so far), so I missed Solaire's story pretty much except from some fun conversations in Undead Berg and Anor Londo (like when he kind of flirted with me there).

    I heard about the Lost Izaleth shortcut and the bugs. But 30 humanity is a lot (I have 47 hard humanity atm) and I'm going to want to multi kindle bonfires (esp in the DLC). And I don't think I'll need his help with Gwyn as I'll prob be over powered by then.

    Maybe I missed something bc I'm not particularly attached to him but I also will probably be sad to see him hollowed.

    I heard of the poison mist cheese but it isn't reliable either from what I hear.

    I duno.

    submitted by /u/thrashmetaldinosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the Moons blade?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    I was playing in anor londo until i found a gravelord servant invade sign. This dude who i invaded had a partner called "moon's blade" who is hella op. He makes me slow down with a spell or sorcery. Then he light hits you once which one shots you because you become a statue. The dude i was trying to invade does nothing else than just stand there. Also Moon's blade emoted over me once i died so it it a NPC or a Player?

    submitted by /u/Webbeboi
    [link] [comments]

    What cursed the world in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    So i know the world has a curse that makes people immortal and if they lose hope they go hollow but what actually started all this? Also why is it legit ending in Dark Souls 3 i don't understand anything.

    submitted by /u/TheWhiteWolf128
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts after first play through!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    I had been putting off playing these games knowing the daunting challenge but finally came around too it when I got the game for Xbox one on game pass. Wow , this has got to be one of the most rewarding and uplifting video game experiences I've ever had. The game is not afraid to break you down until the patterns of a certain enemy area or boss are engrained in your memory and your forced to fully master the games systems to handle every interaction. For me it made the whole experience feel well paced and my character feeling more and more powerful as I got better. I also enjoy the more metroidvania world design that incentivized exploration to get the best gear and items. All in all one of the best games I've ever played, and even though I hear two dosent have all the same qualities I'm looking forward to grabbing it on sale at one point!

    submitted by /u/BigtrumBeletrix
    [link] [comments]

    About dark souls boss themes

    Posted: 13 May 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Guys I have a question.Which theme do you think is the worst in the series?(excluding demon souls bloodborne and sekiro). I personally like all the boss themes in the ds series but there is one that I find it kinda weird and it was "meh" to me and that is Seath's theme. It sounds so weird to me, like some kind of distorted Christmas music. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/s_m_s_d_p_l
    [link] [comments]

    In ever playthrough since 2011 I've had trouble taking off the Ring of Favour and Protection

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Is it just me? I swear I have some sort of problem. I would love to try some other combo of rings for ONE TIME but NOOO IT WILL BREAK THE RING WILL BREAK I CAN'T! I KICKED HIM OFF THE LEDGE TO GET IT I CAN'T TAKE IT OFF. I need to see a someone.

    submitted by /u/TheDesertWalker
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game for my first time ever

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I've beat every other game, consider myself a veteran of the series but just have never gotten around to the first until now. FUCK KALAMEET AND HIS TAIL, HARDEST PART OF THE GAME HANDS DOWN. Manus was a pain but I beat him relatively quick. artorias was the a lot of fun, probably my favorite boss fight in the game. Might go for new game + soon just to try out the black Knight stuff I got before fighting gwyn. Overall great game, had a lot of fun with it.

    submitted by /u/LiL_MAYO-
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to get summoned DSR?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I just need a couple more sunlight medals for warriors of sunlight and haven't been getting much luck getting summoned. What would be the best area to plop my sign down? Since DSR isn't being played too too much right now. (And yes I know there's r/summonsign 🙂)

    submitted by /u/goatcurd
    [link] [comments]

    Sage Robe: The best light armor by far? [Spoiler-free discussion please]

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Souls veteran here. I've finished multiple runs of both DS1 and DS3, but have played considerably less of the former than the latter. Usually I do cosplay runs, so I don't pay too much attention to my armor statistics other than weight, but for this run I decided to see what all the hype was surrounding sorceries in DS1. Long story short, sorceries (and INT builds in general) are busted to a laughable degree.

    Anyway, I've just sort of been picking up and mixing around armor pieces this whole run. I'm currently finished with everything except the DLC (just beat you-know-who), Izalith, and the final boss. But ever since I picked up the Sage Robe, nothing else has even come remotely close to providing the same level of defense in the same weight class. Without any upgrades at all it is on par with or even better than most light and even medium chest armor pieces.

    Am I just missing something here? Why is this random robe so damn good? Is there some hidden drawback I'm missing? Or should I start paying more attention to the stats on my armor rather than just going pure fashion souls?

    submitted by /u/pizzanui
    [link] [comments]

    Made an animated bonfire wallpaper fan-art for practice!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/tALMPL2aVsA - You can download this as a video in the description and set this as your wallpaper if you like it. I already posted this to r/darksouls3 since I admit I only played the third one, will give the first 2 a try when I have the free time. But I think this content fits the whole series.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_BRAUM_R34
    [link] [comments]

    Update to my problem. now I crash if I use homeward bones. (Switch)

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    Starting to think it just has a risk of crashing every single time i'm in a loading screen. Does anyone know what is happening here?

    submitted by /u/Sir_Kibbz
    [link] [comments]

    That Blighttown elevator has cost me 45000 souls and 12 humanity, anyone else have a bad experience with that thing?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Why is the window for getting off that elevator wheel so short? I fell through the gap between the elevator and the platform and lost stuff I wanted to recover from a bit further up, after I got the crimson robe etc. First time in the game that I genuinely felt was a bit unfair.

    submitted by /u/DaFlaminGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help on a build

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    So I know I wanna do a straight up pyromancer build. I remember watching a guy do it for ds3 PvP and he was freakin crazy. So now I'm inspired. I know I want the main weapon to be a great scythe and for him to wear stupid heavy armor (smough?) I just don't know the best upgrade path for the scythe. I was thinking chaos to fit the pyromancer build. Although maybe an electric secondary to make it more pve friendly. Either way this should be fun. I've beem wanting to get back into ds1 since its the only other game aside from shovel knight that I've beat more than once

    submitted by /u/Jillardexmachina
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment