• Breaking News

    Friday, May 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just... duuude

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    I just finished my fight with Gwyn and let me just say... I fucking love this game. Recently I returned to the souls series, diving back into DSIII. I then saw the Remastered was on sale and decided to buy it. I never played the first dark souls, that is, I never got past the undead burg. For whatever reason, I fucking owned that shit. It was a mostly blind playthrough, I knew what to expect and who I'd inevitably have to kill, and I've watched a fuck ton of lore, but I didn't know where anything was, how to get anything, or how to fight anything. This game quickly rose above DSIII. There's just so much more lore and I find the combat better and the areas more fun, but that doesn't matter. Anyway, this fucking game is amazing and for every inch of torture, came another wave of euphoria when I finally killed that shit.

    Here's the video of me shoving my halberd down Gwyn's urethra

    I had not parried once before that fight so it took me a bit to get used to it, but I finally gut gud

    submitted by /u/SinnerBerlin
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat it

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    So, after starting this videogame thanks to my boyfriend (he won the platinum in PS4 and he absolutely loves this saga, specially this game; it's his favorite videogame in the world and knows a lot about it) tonight I beat it. I finally did.

    My bf and I bought it together like a year ago for Switch and I took it home. I started it distrustful. It was too hard, it took to many time, to many effort... for what? For dying and starting all over again? I left the game a lot of times and for long periods, but he always encouraged me to go back and to keep playing.

    My first bump in the road came with Ornstein and Smough: I couldn't beat them, no matter what. I almost gave up COMPLETELY and left the game for good: but I changed my mind; I wanted to continue and see what was going to happen after that battle. So I decided to farm knights in Anor Londo and level up as much as I could. And it worked, I beat them! One of the most fulfilling experiences ever.

    So I kept going, happier than ever, until I bumped into Seath. I truly left the game for good in the shelves, catching dust. For a looooot of months. But, this week my bf, once again, told me to play it again. 'You're near'. I was trulyyyy scared of fighting Seath bc of the curse, but I beat it. And Nito too, and today Bed of Chaos too, Four Kings too and finally... Gwyn.

    It was a really short fight, I mean, I think I expected something harder. I was used to parry sincd my bf told me I should learn to, even if I didn't want to. And then I understood it; Gwyn was an old man, weaker than ever and tired. Beating him was truly sad, and finishing the game was even sadder, so, of course I cried like a little bitch. I didn't want to finish it.

    This is truly one of the most beautiful videogames ever created and it's a poetic masterpiece that shows a lot of values and ethics. It's so deep and meaningful that always kept surprising me. I will go back to this game, 200% sure. It really was an amazing adventure.

    submitted by /u/parvunny
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else played this game so much that they forget the flow of the game?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    School just got out. Have the rest of the week off work. Figured it'd be a good time to jump back in and do a play through of Dark Souls.

    Make character, run through asylum, run through and kill Gargoyles. Run down to Sif, die a couple times, wonder why I am struggling so much. Shrug, figure its time to kill Quelaag. Skip Blighttown, run in, struggle for awhile but eventually kill Quelaag. Keep running around, wondering why this game feels so much harder than it was the last time I played (~6 months ago).

    Then it dawns on me. I've leveled up like twice. Im still running around with a non upgraded weapon.

    Make it to Andre, upgrade weapon, level up a lot. Realize the game wasn't harder I was just stupid and had to accept im not a sl1 pro speedrunner.

    submitted by /u/KingCoolCup
    [link] [comments]

    Is anybody on Xbox willing to trade their obsidian greatsword?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    I really want to make a build around the sword but I already killed Kalameet, does anyone want to trade for theirs? Just comment an offer and I will say whether I have it or not

    submitted by /u/Jasonpowerz
    [link] [comments]

    My latest battle with Bed of Chaos, but with the Wilhelm Scream every time I died.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    I absolutely loathe this boss. Here's a stupid video I just made: https://youtu.be/CclXxuUOzN4

    submitted by /u/singularfunzone
    [link] [comments]

    15 hours trying to beat Ornstein and Smough. Still trying.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/_J4ZZ_
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Endings, Solaire's ending and other questlines, and a bit of philosophy about the game's universe.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! First of all, I'm not a native english speaker, so there may be many typos and other errors here there, specially because my keyboard is not set for english, sorry for any possible problems understanding this post.

    Another thing to say before the real thing: Beware of Spoilers!! There will be important things about the story here!!

    The main subject here was going to be about Solaire, but I just finished Dark Souls for the third time yesterday for the platinum trophy on PS3 and enjoyed so much my time with the game that I decided to discuss other things that amaze me and made me think.

    In Dark Souls, it seems the concept of right and wrong is not clear, and is always up to you to judge what to do, like let someone live or kill for loot, help the NPCs or just ignore them and follow your adventure, Link the Fire or Let the Age of Darkness come. In my second playtrough, I knew most of the endings of the questlines, and this includes both endings of Solaire. This Warrior of Sunlight is in search of his own Sun, but unfortunately, he is led to a state of almost complete sadness, thinking his goal was impossible. This happens if you save him. BUT, thinking about the other possible event that I thought to be bad, Solaire is infected by the parasyte Sunlight Maggot, and the creature itself made me rethink my way of looking at this questline. If saved, Solaire is hopeless about his life goal, but what if, trying to save him, you just end depriving him from his objective? I mean, what if the Sunlight Maggot is his own Sun? The name of the creature, it's shape and ability to produce it's own light, all makes me think the Maggot is the Sun he is after, and there is only one of this creature in the entire game! At some point, Solaire mentions that would be great to be a mignificent body like the Sun. At first, having to kill Solaire was sad for me, but after this theory came to my mind, I thought that it could be what Solaire wanted instead of being hopeless of his future.

    All of that made me rethink my concepts of what is right or wrong, and it led to chose the Dark age instead of Linking the Fire, but honestly, I still don't know what is the right thing to do, or if a "right" choice does even exists.

    In my last playtrough, I chose to Link the Fire, didn't buy all of Reah's Miracles to keep her alive and killed Petrus (He looks too false to me) to prevent Reah from Dying. I tried to keep Laurentius alive too, but I could not find a way. I did all Logan's questline objectives, he went Hollow, but he wanted to pursue knowledge, so I chose to not prevent him from doing so. I did not kill Priscilla (I just couldn't, she was so kind trying to be pacific). I thinks this covers all I did and what I consider the best thing to do. Oh, about Siegmeyer. I just love him, the best character IMO. Did everything I could to help him and Sieglinde. The saddest questline ending. If I knew he was going to die, I would never complete his questline. At least, he met his daughter...

    There is one thing bothering me though: Sieglinde mentions something about "I'll Have to kill him again". What is that supposed to mean?

    I think that's all I wanted to say. Just share a little bit of my experience with the story and what I enjoyed in Dark Souls.

    And if anyone did read all this text, thanks for you attention ;)

    submitted by /u/HylianHero5
    [link] [comments]

    Should i upgrade gargoyle tailaxe to + 5 when i already have war axe+5

    Posted: 01 May 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    I got some souls after destroying gargoyles and i dont know if its worth it

    submitted by /u/hgdjsoe
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls - beat Ornstein and Smough first time!

    Posted: 01 May 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    I was anxious going into this fight as I'd heard it was super hard and this is my first souls game. I pretty comfortably beat them on my first try with Claymore + 15 and Grass Crest Shield +10. All their attacks were pretty easy to dodge/block and there was plenty of room for recovery. How come it was so easy?

    submitted by /u/KimJongUnable
    [link] [comments]

    Backseaters complaining about first time players being "overleveled" or using "easy weapons"

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    I've seen this around in a couple of famous streamers chats, playing the game for first time. A lot of people downplaying the player progress through the game because it's using an "easy build" or "op weapon". "You should be using X weapon! Y weapon is for casuals". It's so annoying, reeks of insecurity, seeing people do better than you did your first time so now you have to downplay it for some reason. /rant

    submitted by /u/sachos345
    [link] [comments]

    Bouncy clams

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    So I just found out that you can bounce on clams and jump to the height equivalent of two clams. You know the attack where the clam headbutts you? Well if you time it right you can jump on it and

    submitted by /u/FlexOnZaWarudo
    [link] [comments]

    [Switch] I made a mistake with Manus' soul

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I just made the biggest mistake with Manus' soul ! I trade it to the crow instead of upgrading a catalyst ! Can someone trade me Manus' catalyst against anything ?

    submitted by /u/gossecornu
    [link] [comments]

    A Quarantined Reaction to My 1st run of Dark Souls (Remastered):

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    WALL OF TEXT INBOUND. TL;DR at bottom.

    I had been looking for a game to dive into for a while during the quarantine, and Dark Souls came to mind. It's been a few years since I played Dark Souls 3, which ironically was my first game in the series, and I had played a couple hours of Bloodborne but never all the way through. I decided now would be a great time to jump back into the series, particularly with Dark Souls being remastered now. I played on the Xbox One X and very much appreciated the consistent 60fps.

    I wanted to write down some thoughts on the game now that this is my 2nd Dark Souls I've played. I guess technically I haven't played DS3 all the way through since I never got into The Ringed City, but I beat all the main game and Ashes of Ariandel in that one.

    Some notes on my playthrough: I'm a melee user. I embarrassingly realized midway through the game while trying to buy a spell to illuminate my way around Tomb of the Giants that I've never used spells in DS, so my love language is swords for sure. I followed a guide (booo I know. I didn't blind run it). My one self-criticism here would be that it let me get the Drake Sword early, which was quite useful for the first few bosses. I followed IGN's guide and suggested area order, which led me to go through like so:

    Undead Asylum/Asylum Demon:

    • I died like an idiot using the broken sword hilt until I discovered the side room, found a weapon, and kicked the demon's butt. A solid start to the game for sure. I really like how DS throws a boss at you so early.

    Undead Burg/Taurus Demon:

    • For whatever reason I really felt like I was struggling with the Taurus demon. Maybe it was more me getting back in the flow of Dark Souls, which I hadn't played in years. Maybe it was more how long I spent repeating the run up to the boss so much. I struggled with this guy's tells for some reason and it took me a while to beat. Once I found some Gold Pine Resin it was much easier, though.

    Undead Parish/Bell Gargoyles:

    • I liked the greater enemy diversity here over the first area. The Bell Gargoyles were a cool boss. I felt lucky to get them down on my second try, since by no means did I feel like I really understood what was going on. I think this was probably my favorite early game boss.

    Darkroot Garden/Moonlight Butterfly:

    • I actually liked the aesthetic/feel of this area. Quite cool. The boss? Not as much. I had watched YouTube videos on all the bosses before and remember the Moonlight Butterfly being a bad and easy boss in most people's opinions. I died probably a handful of times because I wasn't using spells at all and couldn't dodge the smaller magic ball attack at all. In retrospect, probably should've just blocked.

    Lower Undead Burg/Capra Demon:

    • This was a really annoying area for me to go through. The dogs and assassin guys were not my favorite. And then the boss was just BS. I'm not a big fan of mobs spawning in the boss fight, so the doggos being in there wasn't ideal. I didn't really feel like I got a strategy down; I just happened to get a run where I escaped the dogs and got them down quickly. This was not a fun fight and I have no desire to repeat this one anytime soon. Too random just getting stuck in the gank right at the beginning.

    The Depths/Gaping Dragon:

    • Also not a super fun area to walk around, but not horrible. I had some trouble with Gaping Dragon mostly because my weapon was starting to feel a bit underleveled. Nothing much to say here, though.

    Undead Asylum Part 2/Stray Demon:

    • I got very lucky here and got a Black Knight Sword to drop, which ended up being my weapon for the rest of the playthrough. OP I know. But I didn't have enough Dexterity to handle it right away, so the Stray Demon was my last boss with the Drake sword. I just could not get the radius of the guy's AoE down at all for a while and died a few times. Just chipped away at his health and ended up getting him down, but this felt like I was underpowered here.

    Blighttown/Chaos Witch Quelaag:

    • I'd heard so much criticism of Blighttown that I was certainly ready for some BS as I walked in, but it honestly wasn't as bad as I would've thought. Sure poison and some precarious walkways, but not my least favorite area in the game for sure. For how much damage I was doing (I think I was able to upgrade the BK Sword to +3 or +4 here b/c of the Twinkling Titanite I had), I died a few times to Quelaag. Actually tougher than I would've thought. A pretty good fight IMO.

    Darkroot Garden 2/Sif:

    • It was cool to walk through this other part of Darkroot Garden. The fight with Sif was very cool and the intro cutscene was awesome, but I don't know if I fully appreciated it because it felt like his health was a bit low for how imposing he looked. Very cool fight nonetheless.

    Sen's Fortress/Iron Golem:

    • I really struggled with the Indiana Jones-esque traps here, but looking back this was a really cool area. I like the design a lot. The boss was pretty underwhelming though. I got him on my second try and don't think I was hit by the actual golem at all. I hadn't taken out the giant throwing fireballs at the arena, and he hit me a couple times. A cool stage for sure but not my favorite boss. Not bad though just meh.

    Anor Londo Pt 1:

    • Like all the Youtube videos say, this is a gorgeous location. It was my favorite in the game for sure. It felt epic, sprawling, and grand. The batwing guys from hell can leave for sure, though. It felt like high medieval times where knights were glorified. Very cool.

    Painted World of Ariamis/Crossbreed Priscilla:

    • For how small this area is, I definitely had a tough time with the mobs. This was one of those areas where it was really a relief to have done all the stuff needed to reach the boss. I liked the idea of Priscilla going invisible, but she just didn't pose much of a fight. If there were a couple of phases/some evolution here that could've been a great fight.

    Anor Londo Pt 2/Ornstein and Smough:

    • Back to Anor Londo and more awesome area. Some areas in Dark Souls just feel like a slog you have to get through to be able to fight the awesome boss at the end, but this was the opposite: a very cool place to wander around and try to uncover secrets and duel with knights. And the duel at the end was epic. O&S had obviously been hyped up, and I felt it was a very fair fight given that two of them were running at me. I took the typical kill Ornstein deal with Super Smough route, and I was surprised how quickly Ornstein went down. I was super impressed with myself to get them on my second try. I kind of felt like a chicken running around attempting to not have my head cut off for most of the fight. It was entirely different from how I approach most bosses. They felt the most like an outstandingly fun challenge to me, one that I would like to immediately boot back up to the last bonfire and try to run again to see if I could best them again. Awesome. I wanted to kill Gwyndolin, but I wasn't trying to be super mean to Gwynevere, so I figured I'd grab the Darkmoon Seance Ring and come back later.

    Great Hollow + Ash Lake:

    • These were weird areas, and I was very confused when there wasn't a boss at the end of Ash Lake. It didn't really feel necessary to me.

    Catacombs/Pinwheel:

    • This was probably my second least favorite area in the game. The fact that the skeletons would keep respawning was super annoying. Pinwheel as a boss was a complete joke, and one of those occasions where the boss actually feels like it's a safer place than the larger area. Three hits (or maybe four?) and he was down.

    Tomb of the Giants/Gravelord Nito:

    • Now THIS was my least favorite area in the game. Part of it was it took me forever to find the bonfire even with a guide. I realized on my successful attempt running from the Catacombs to here that I was probably taking the wrong route to Pinwheel because I kept getting assaulted by the Wheel Skeletons and would have to run the length of that large room at the bottom. Then I couldn't see anything in Tomb of the Giants to even find the bonfire. It was horrendous. I just ended up trying to figure out how to run from the bonfire to Nito because I had zero desire to spend time exploring here. As a boss Nito was a mixed bag. Crazy looking for sure. Like with the Capra Demon I was not a fan of all the skeletons in here with you. On my successful run it really ended up with me running circles around the arena: have Nito do his blast killing all the skeletons, get a few hits in, run away from the skellies and heal, run back to Nito and hit again, and eventually down him. A solid boss marred by a terrible area.

    Duke's Archives/Crystal Lake/Seath the Scaleless:

    • I was just so glad to be done with what felt like the butthole of Lordran and be back in a castle again. The vastness of the Duke's archives and the interesting storyline of being thrown in a jail cell after being unable to touch Seath the first time was actually pretty cool. I got super confused going around the Library of Congress for a while and had to look up where to find the bonfire. Then the Crystal Lake was a very cool area aesthetically but invisible platforms weren't my favorite to be sure. Seath was a very cool looking boss but I was underwhelmed by the fight. I ran up to his right side and hugged his arm (tentacle?) and smacked away and didn't get hit by any attack of consequence. I'm pretty sure I beat him on my first attempt.

    New Londo Ruins/Four Kings:

    • Another area that I was annoyed by as I ran through it. It took me a while to figure out where to go, and the constant ghost flash mobs were annoying for sure. I thought the touch about the sorcerer/guy on the roof here assuming you were seeking the Four Kings to drain the area was really cool actually. It made you feel like you were more immersed in the world rather than a weird scenario where they stuck a Capra demon in a small room and called him a boss. The boss itself was very interesting and different than all the others in Dark Souls in the black abyss aesthetic. It reminded me of something from the end of Kingdom Hearts maybe. A cool race of a fight for sure.

    Valley of the Drakes:

    • I did nothing here except open up a shortcut from New Londo to Blighttown. Nothing to note here.

    Demon Ruins/Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Demon Firesage:

    • I think the game designers assumed you'd come here as soon as you were done with Blighttown. I noticed I was quite overleveled for the bosses here. But whose idea was it to stick 8 Taurus Demons in a corner???
    • Ceaseless Discharge: gross looking for sure but quite easy for me. I ended up being fine taking a hit from his arm thing, healing, and then getting my hits in. I was doing a lot of damage to him. I think I killed him my first attempt.
    • Centipede Demon: I felt like I was fighting the camera as much as the boss here until my brother let me know that you could go around to the right to have a bigger arena to fight. Once I got that down, it was a much fairer fight, but unpleasant for sure. I actively disliked attempting to fight him on the small area at the beginning since I could never tell where I was. Nothing complex about him, just annoying.
    • Demon Firesage: I had the same issues I had with Stray Demon for a couple attempts where I just couldn't tell where his AoE was going to end. Run of the mill boss I'd say. Nothing special.

    Lost Izalith/Bed of Chaos:

    • Like most people in the community it seems, I was hoping for a more grand area here a la Anor Londo given that the Witch of Izalith had been hyped since the opening cutscene. I got the Australian Brushfire temple instead. So many people hate on the Bed of Chaos, but for whatever reason I didn't feel especially annoyed during the fight. Maybe it was the fact that I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd get swept into a hole at some point and just took it as a boss I'd have to do in phases. Underwhelming for sure for one of the Lord Souls. Just kind of peculiar.

    Artorias of the Abyss DLC:

    • I loved the DLC for Dark Souls. I noticed a marked difference between the boss difficulty that I had been experiencing the moment I stepped into the DLC. The aggression of the bosses here was much much different than most of the normal game bosses in Dark Souls. This felt more like how I remember Dark Souls 3 being. I guess maybe that's one criticism I have of a lot of the bosses in the DS1 main game is that there are lots of big, slow, beast type bosses and not as many of the humanoid ones, which is in my opinion where Dark Souls bosses shine.
    • Sanctuary Guardian: This was a very cool fight and I immediately felt like I'd have to step my game up to beat the DLC bosses here. The Guardian's attack where it flies around in a circle in the air hurtling lightning at you gave me King of Storms-phase Nameless King flashbacks for some reason.
    • Royal Wood/Knight Artorias: This was a cool area that housed my favorite boss in the game. IMO Dark Souls is at its peak when you feel like you really have to learn a boss's move set and tells to master the fight. This is exactly how I felt with Artorias. It took me a while to get down, and I messed up my timing so badly on his flip attack for a while, but when I was able to see when it was coming and start dodging to the side, it was really one of those mastery moments that I love this series for. His windows of buffing and ignoring you felt fair as well: he hits like a truck most of the time, but he does give you windows to heal assuming you get enough of his health down to cause a buff. An outstanding boss fight that I'd love to play over and over.
    • Black Dragon Kalameet: Now this is what I expected out of an epic dragon fight. I struggled a lot getting Kalameet's moves down, and there didn't feel like there were obvious attacks that would be easy to punish right away, but I eventually found ways to dodge the fire breath attacks and when some of his combos were coming. Certainly my favorite beast boss in the game, and probably #2 or #3 in the game for me.
    • Manus, Father of the Abyss: It took me a while to get through Oolacile Township to find him, but I didn't struggle with him as much as Artorias and Kalameet. He's aggressive for sure, and maybe I got good RNG, but I found I could avoid his arm slam pretty reliably and punish some hits. As an aside, the lighting/effects in the Chasm of the Abyss are ABSOLUTELY how Tomb of the Giants should have been done. Much less annoying to walk through. A very good boss, and one that I was super proud to have beaten, but probably 3rd/4 in the DLC for me.

    Kiln of the First Flame/Gwyn:

    • The aesthetics of the area are awesome, and the music and scene for the fight are spectacular. The melancholy piano theme is tremendous. I knew coming in that if I could get Gwyn's parry timing down he wouldn't be tremendously difficult. I struggled for a handful of attempts, but eventually got it. I do think being able to parry him diminishes the difficulty for sure, but still an epic end to the game.

    Overall thoughts:

    • I was very impressed with the interweaving level design, particularly in the first half of the game. However, it still felt annoying to me to not be able to warp until getting the Lordvessel. Some of the treks out of Quelaag's domain for example, were needlessly tedious in my opinion to get back to other areas. I wish that like in DS3 I could've teleported, although I probably wouldn't have appreciated all the shortcuts and level design as much.
    • I find myself wishing there were more human bosses in the first half of the game. Many of the main game bosses ended up feeling slow to me coming from my memory of Dark Souls 3. It's bosses like Artorias, O&S, and Gwyn that I tend to like the most, those human duels where you really feel like you get to master the opponent's moveset.
    • I definitely don't have the same nostalgia factor as others do, because I played the games out of order, but I think I liked Dark Souls 3 a little more than I did DS1, which may be sacrilegious. I found that more of the boss fights in DS3 were memorable than the ones in DS1.

    Top 5 bosses:

    1. Knight Artorias
    2. Ornstein & Smough
    3. Kalameet
    4. Gwyn
    5. Manus

    TL;DR:

    • Played DS1 Remastered for the first time.
    • Enjoyed the interconnected level design, but wish that you could've teleported earlier.
    • Wished there were more human bosses in the game.
    • I think I may like DS3 more than DS1.
    • Had a ton of fun and am now planning to play through the whole series. Dark Souls 2 is up next!
    submitted by /u/newg33b
    [link] [comments]

    At a sticking point

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Im at qualaag. Died 10+ times. Lost 20k souls. 13 humanity. Cant summon NPCs. Used up all my pine resin. Have 0 purple poison consumables left. WTF do I do? Lol i can't even get to the boss without half health and only 4 flasks of estus left. Someone tell me what to do please.

    submitted by /u/AncientOneCE
    [link] [comments]

    Is there shame in googling mechanics?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    Hey gang.

    After beating Doom Eternal on Ultra Nightmare, video games now seem too easy and I've been craving a bit of challenge.

    So, I've decided to get into Dark Souls, a famously brutally challenging game.

    Usually when I play games, I don't like to google mechanics or strategies, I like to discover these things by myself and perhaps google this stuff after I have the game beat to see if I missed anything.

    I have been playing Dark Souls, however, for about 2.5 hours, and the game seems to be pretty reluctant to explain anything. I'm reading all item descriptions and talking to the NPC's, and the game has thrown a bunch of mechanics at me (hollowing, humanity, summons, tonnes of ambiguous items, a smorgasbord of stats etc.) and I have no idea what any of this stuff does

    A select few stats and items have obvious descriptions, but most make no sense to me.

    After figuring out that the skeleton graveyard is the wrong way to go, I spent about an hour climbing the fortress wall in the opposite direction. I passed a bonfire and lit it, presuming that this activated the checkpoint. I learned the hard way that this is not the case, and ended up back at the starting area near the graveyard (does lighting a bonfire do anything at all?)

    I swallowed my pride, and googled "dark souls wiki bonfire," to learn that you must rest at a bonfire to use it as a checkpoint. I was previously avoiding this as I still had plenty of estus and viewed resting as being weak.

    My question is, can I learn all of the mechanics simply by pushing through and playing the game? Or do I need to research a lot of this stuff online if I want to understand?

    Thanks for helping out a newbie. Hopefully I'll be gittin gud real soon.

    submitted by /u/Dingus-Biggs
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a murder

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Went to talk to the giant blacksmith to upgrade some weapons, rushed to him, talked to him, as I was choosing what weapon I wanted to upgrade I get hit by a bat wing and takes me out of the blacksmith menu, as a reflex I swung at them with my sword hitting them but also hitting the giant, he started going after me so I had no other choice but to finish him, what hurt the most was his "nighty night" line 😭 this is my first play through and I managed to kill Solaire and the giant 😞

    Edit: : I'm a MURDERER and I can't spell 🤣😭

    submitted by /u/KhloTheDobe
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is a game, meant for Jolly Cooperation more than anything

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Okay. I know how most people perceive these games. A dark, relentless experience meant for masochists who hate themselves and for people to screw each other up... and maybe it is. But for all the setting up for player against player, there is twice as much for teamwork. Imagine playing in offline without others.. No messages to show illusory walls, no summons to help you (minus the NPCs) , no helping others for sunlight medals or easier grinding; it would be more hell than it already is. So remember that while Dark Souls are dark, teamwork is very prevalent, and highly rewarded, even when it's someone you don't already know. Have fun and Stay Grossly Incandescent 😊

    submitted by /u/SoullessInsanity
    [link] [comments]

    The beam of light after placing the lordvessel

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    I just placed the lordvessel for my first play through of any souls game and I am absolutely addicted to the game and the lore. Once you place the lordvessel and the beam of light goes through the ruins in firelink shrine does anyone think that maybe the ruins are only left to walls from the many past warriors who have placed the lordvessel and send that beam of light. Possibly the beam of the years has added to the destruction of the floor in that area. Maybe a dumb thought but cool to think about.

    submitted by /u/findingjake
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat DS1 for the first time. I missed ash lake, the painting, probably more. And I'm so confused

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Time for round 2 I guess

    submitted by /u/meebleepe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment