• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 17, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 16 May 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is ds2 worth playing?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    So ive played a lot of ds1 and ds3 (bloodborne too) so demons souls and ds2 are the only soulsborne games i havent played. I want to play demons souls but i dont have the means to do so however i could get ds2 for the ps4. Its a fair bit of money too so i dont know if i should leave it or go for it, id like to have played them all but if its not worth it then i wont, im just unsure

    (Cant believe i have to add this by the way but if youre coming solely to comment something hostile then kindly piss off i dont want to deal with your bullshit)

    submitted by /u/EyelessVirus
    [link] [comments]

    Something I did for school. I think I did pretty good all things considered

    Posted: 16 May 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    So I accidentally made a good invader build

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I've thoroughly played demon souls ds1 and ds3 but never gave ds2 any love till recently "quarantine" I had finally beat the game and thought hey I'll see if I can invade , I'm sl150, with a dark crypt blackswors, buffed with dark weapon and dark clutch ring, I invaded 10 times and only lost twice , I one shot r2d someone even lmao, anyways I'm stoked how active this game is still! Took literally one minute to invade my first time ever trying, at a high sl even ! Loving this game btw, glad I thought to retry it!

    submitted by /u/tylaoflondor
    [link] [comments]

    My aunt (who is a gamer like myself) walking into the room and talking to me while I fought the bastard helped me kill him. I give her credit for helping me finally win.

    Posted: 16 May 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    It was my 11th attempt, most of the knights have despawned by now (this just happened like 15 minutes ago). She walked in and asked why I was playing this instead of my other newer games.

    Some context, we're both playing Far Cry 4. Also, she loves the Assassins Creed games and I just bought Black Flag the other day.

    After explaining that I enjoy variety, she asked me about the boss and I explained that it's an optional boss and told her some of the things I was doing, such as using a poison resin and how i-frames work in this game. All the while I'm fighting the jackass that is the Smelter Demon.

    While it may be silly to give her credit (I do know it was me who won), it makes the experience better and it gives me a possibly boring story to tell.

    Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/iandmeagree
    [link] [comments]

    It had to happen. There was no avoiding it

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Well friends, it happened again. I died. Was halfway to drangleic when a mannekin in eartyen peak bled me(despite my shield giving lots of bleed resist when blocking) and I died. Then my next character died, but I dkn't want to talk about that one, didn't even last 15 minutes that time.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I Finally Did It!

    Posted: 16 May 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    After two years of being on and off of DS2 and not getting far, I decided to start over a couple weeks ago. I found myself really invested into this game, and after 56 and a half hours of total playtime, I finally beat the game, DLC and all. Satisfying and immersive experience and I regret not finishing it sooner. There were a lot of people who helped me and who I helped as well! You guys are great, and don't you dare go hollow!

    submitted by /u/sxperduper
    [link] [comments]

    I got gud finally

    Posted: 17 May 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Finally completed Dark Souls 2 after 50 hours. Solid 9.5/10 game.

    I remember when I thought Dragonrider was impossible straight up. Rewarding asf.

    Now for 3...

    submitted by /u/slaidfh
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY! THE ILLUSORY RINGS ARE MINE!

    Posted: 16 May 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    After several months off and on of frustration I finally managed to put together THE run! I only got to Throne Duo and Nashandra once but I made the most of it. I almost died to Velstadt and to Throne Duo. Everything else was very very solid.

    Shrine of Amana was pretty easy overall, Iron Keep much harder imo. Had several deaths in there and to Old Iron King. I had roughly 10 or so resets in there. I love this game and had so much fun with this run even with all of the failure involved. It just might be my favorite souls game. I never thought I would say that lol.

    submitted by /u/NoSweatWarchief
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker liquidated at SL1 with broken swords

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Here's the killcam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS-OtGlyHfs

    Funny that the Lurker failed to mitosis. Almost forgot that during the stagger I thought a riposte window would be open, just came back from DS3.

    submitted by /u/MadsMikkelsenisGryFx
    [link] [comments]

    Wood carvings in the Iron keep

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Is there a theory on why the merchant in the Iron keep has wood carvings created by Hawkeye Gough in the first game? Supposedly a lot of time has passed since the first game, right? And as kingdoms crumble, wood carvings imbued with the voice and emotions of a great Knight survives. It's beautiful, actually.

    First time posting, so hello everyone!

    submitted by /u/Pritam40
    [link] [comments]

    Cant use controller on PC

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hello, just bought DS2 on pc and wanted to use my controller but cant seem to find the option to switch from keyboard to controller. On DS1 all I had to do is put an input from my controller and it would switch right away but its not doing that on this game. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ninope
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    The Strange tree ask me If I want peace, What will happens if I choose yes or no n

    submitted by /u/CentaureTarse90
    [link] [comments]

    I got no help from SummonSign... I need some assistance

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    I made a post on Summon Sign last night/this morning, kinda knowing no one would say anything. So here I am. I need help taking on the DLC. I made it to the end of Shulva and can face the Squallid queen, and I've gotten the Loyce knights lined up to take on the Ivory king. But problem is, I'm a simple Hexer. I can't do much on my own, and I know sitting around will be a waste. Instead of wasting my resources more than I should, I need some help, please.

    Sl145, Soul Memory 2.53 million

    Edit: Ivory king is down, I had some help from a rando while waiting.

    submitted by /u/FloppeyPyro
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 DLC - First Time Thoughts

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Yesterday morning I made a post discussing my changed feelings on Darks Souls 2 after playing it through for a second time. For those who didn't catch that post, you can read it here. In that post I mentioned that I skipped out on the DLC my first time through the game, and that I had interest in making a separate post regarding my thoughts on the DLC as someone who had never played it beforehand.

    Since there's 3 DLC expansions, I think it's only fair to split each one into its own section. Each are structured relatively similar, with each having a main progression path with 2 unique bosses, as well as an optional area with considerably higher difficulty ending with 1 boss. My thoughts for those optional areas are mostly the same, so for each section I'll give thoughts on the main progression, then combine my thoughts on all the optional parts into one section.

    Crown of the Sunken King - The first thing that I want to note is that the level design featured here was incredible. The areas here are so well-constructed with secrets to find and shortcuts back to earlier parts, it really reminds me of the best designed levels in Demon's Souls and DS1, and is definitely a major improvement on the "straight line" design a lot of the game has. Unfortunately, I found that these areas suffered a lot from overuse of ambushes and enemy mobs that the base game was plagued with. The spam did lessen as I progressed, though. I found both Dragon's Sanctum and Dragon's Rest very tense and memorable. I loved Sanctum's tight corridors and the invisible knights, and Rest had this haunting dark descent down to the boss, both very strong areas. I thought the bosses themselves were really strong as well. Elana is an interesting take on a gank boss, where she summons other weaker enemies in while firing strong magic at you. She even summoned Velstadt in my fight with her, which was absolutely terrifying but it stayed pretty well designed and I found it relatively easy to maintain crowd control. Sinh might just be my favorite dragon boss in the series. He has an interesting move set, he's not as tanky as Midir and is actual fun to fight unlike the Ancient Dragon. Both bosses were definite highlights here, and some of the best in the game.

    Crown of the Old Iron King - Of all three, I think this one was probably my least favorite. I found Brume Tower, the main area, to be stunning visually and it mostly maintained that wonderful level design from the previous DLC, but it fell short in more places. First off, enemy spam. Sunken King had enemy spam, but it lessened the deeper you got in. That is not the case here, you might as well call this place Gank Tower for how much you're going to be dealing with enemy hoards. And while I found the design of the main tower to be great, I wasn't too fond of the separate areas that you get to by walking along those big chains. One is necessary for progression, since it holds a key item, and the other is optional, but they both feel distinctly removed from the otherwise tightly designed structure. You literally just walk all the way over, go through some rooms and different floors, then walk all the way back, they aren't integrated that well. I also was not at all fond of the Ashen Idols scattered throughout. For starters, none of them were consistent in what they did. Some healed enemies, some inflicted curse on the player, and some gave the surrounding enemies a buff. The ones that deal curse were straight unfair, and the ones that buffed enemies were absolutely trash, especially in that one room you drop into with like 5 enemies and the idol immediately buffs them all and the buff doesn't go away until you destroy the idol. It's a seriously strange mechanic, it ends up making me not want to fully explore the areas because I don't want to deal with them. As far as the bosses go, I definitely liked them, but not quite as much as everyone else seems to. I thought Fume Knight was pretty cool, he was tough as hell and definitely killed me more times than I care to admit. He had some hit-box issues here and there, especially when dodging the flame sword, but I enjoyed him overall. Sir Alonne was also pretty great, I loved his arena and it felt like a genuine duel. My main problem with his fight is THAT grab move. I swear it has absolutely no consistency on whether or not it hits you. I would dodge it perfectly, only for the game to teleport me onto his sword anyway. Other than that though, he's a really strong boss. My only other issue with him is the area preceding his fight. The Old King's Memory is a down right awful area, and is now placed as my official second worst run-back to a boss in the entire series (don't worry, we'll get to number one). It's literally two big rooms that are stuffed with fire-spitting lizards, and relentless knights that will gank you if you fight them, or demolish you if you try to run passed. It's seriously awful, to the point where I don't even think Alonne fight is worth putting up with the area, especially since I found Alonne to be rather challenging on his own.

    Crown of the Ivory King - As far as main progression goes, this DLC was by far my absolute favorite of the 3. Just like the others, the level design of the main area, Frozen Eleum Loyce, was on point with tons of shortcuts and sections begging to be explored. It also helped that the area was absolutely gorgeous (I'm a sucker for snowy areas in these games). I also feel like the enemy spam was scaled back a lot, with enemies being easier to pick off one by one and the minimal mobs being weaker or less persistent. The way the area is designed is pretty unique too. I love that a lot of the area is frozen or blocked off on your way through the first time, and that all those spots open up after defeating the first boss. It constantly rewards your curiosity and memory, with several substantial sections and chests accessible when going through again. I also love that the exploration directly ties into boss difficulty. The first boss, Aava, is accessible right from the start of the area, but is invisible until you explore through the area. So players who want more of a challenge can take on the invisible version, while others can explore to get the more fair version. Aava herself is a pretty great boss too. She's a beast-type boss, with a fair moveset and a camera that doesn't freak out when fighting her, which is definitely a positive! The next boss, the Burnt Ivory King, also rewards exploration with the 3 knights you can find in the area to assist in fighting him. Again, hardcore players can fight him without getting the other knights and have a tough as nails gang-a-rama with the boss and all of his followers, but explore the level and you get the more fair fight. You can even decide how tough you want the fight to be by only getting one or two of the knights instead of all three. And the fight is well-designed too. He's tough, but I experienced little to no hit-box issues with him, and the fight stayed engaging throughout. Seriously, this area is absolutely my favorite in DS2 without question, and one of my favorites for the whole series.

    Optional Challenge Areas - The challenge areas are so bad. These were specifically made to be more challenging areas, made for the purpose of co-op and for series veterans who wanted a higher level of difficulty. I can appreciate the thought behind the areas, but that doesn't excuse the lazy approach to level design or bosses that all of these areas employ. Every single one is worse than the previous one, and I'm baffled that no one really seems to notice or care how badly designed they are. Every one is a linear gauntlet of disgusting enemy spam, with almost no attempt at interest level design to keep a player like myself engaged. Cave of the Dead is hard to navigate due to the layout and the statues constantly spitting petrification juice at you. The level isn't complexly laid out, it's just way too cramped to even know where to go. The boss at the end is the Gank Squad, and they're mostly okay. I like that the area has two levels so it's easier to split them up and crowd control. I'm not exactly a fan of gank bosses so this one isn't really for me, but it's overall not bad. Iron Passage is easier to figure out where to go, but the enemies are arguably worse, to the point where there are some that can seemingly only be hurt with ranged attacks. I could be wrong about that, but I definitely didn't see any way to get up there on their levels and fight them. As a melee player, this pretty much just encouraged me to run through and not actually fight the enemies. The boss at the end is literally just a re-skinned Smelter Demon from the base game. It's lazy and it seems like it was only put in there so they could have the same boss amount for all the DLCs. Luckily Smelter is one of the better fights in the base game, so at least this one is still kinda fun for what it is. And boy oh boy, the Frigid Outskirts. What do I even say? Rather than having 3 or 4 enemy-infested hallways leading to a boss like the previous two challenge areas, the outskirts instead go for a giant open snow-covered field. You have to make your way to the boss while dealing with awful visibility and getting periodically ganked by crystal reindeer, with only small windows of visibility to figure out where you're even going. And your reward at the end is a re-skin of the Aava fight, but now with two of them. In case this wasn't obvious enough, this fight has the absolute worse run-back in the series by far. The fact that this horrendous area exists in the same DLC as Eleum Loyce is absolutely baffling to me. I tried to tackle all of these areas alone, but for each one I ended up summoning NPCs after a while because I just needed the enemies to not focus on just me. I might try and tackle them alone eventually, but that ain't happening any time soon.

    Final Thoughts - My disdain for the optional areas aside, I really liked the DLC. I especially loved the return to the more complex design of the previous games, and all the areas were on point aesthetically. Luckily those optional areas are just that, optional. They clearly aren't what I want out of the Souls series, and that's okay, surely some people had to have gotten a kick out of them. Luckily FromSoft opted to keep these areas optional rather than try to interweave them into the main progression. With all that said, big thanks to everyone who took the time to read all this, I really appreciate it. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on the DLC! Tell me what you love or hate about them, you listened to me so it's only fair I do the same!

    submitted by /u/Purpleman_17
    [link] [comments]

    The Bastille boss shortcut

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Jumping the ledge down to the open door to reach boss fight. I succeed 1 out of 3 times.

    Should I run and fall, roll down, big jump, and should I aim the open door (that works sometimes)

    What is your best strategy?

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Nashandras Apostle, the fallen knight of darkness Lore/fashion PVP Dark build

    Posted: 17 May 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/c5OMXf6Aagk

    this build is more centered to lore fashion and spells like the lightning prince, rather than be optimized for full ar or something else(sacrificed 2 ring slots for the fashion souls) just some for fun stuff

    The point of this build is to be a death like warrior cloaked in darkness, maybe something youd see out of another games boss battle, that inspires fear and terror

    submitted by /u/ocksplee
    [link] [comments]

    Started dark souls 2 with the champions convenient without knowing

    Posted: 17 May 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Yep. Well i realised it and finished the game easily, but just wanted to say that i didn't understand why i couldnt summon anyone for the 4 or 5 first bosses of the game lmao

    submitted by /u/OMG_IT_S_SALSIFI
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Speedrunners

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Lately I'm watching some speedruns after finishing the game and im asking my selfe how these dudes are pulling out so much damage against the bosses with just a Rapier. Can somebody pls introduce me into this speedrun strategy xD

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    Trying something different

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I've made a decision for my no death run. I'm going to go through the game normally and not worry about dying, then do no death on ng+. That way, I'll have good items and stats for when it's time to no death.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    New hacker in town.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    today i was having some fun invades/ summons at iron keep bridge, until a hacker appeared, so i am not sure if this is a popular hack or not, he had infinite poise (not wearing havels) and he was chugging estus as an invader, infinite estus as well.

    this is around 9M soul memory.

    i am not really sure of the hacker's name but he was wearing iron clad chest piece (most likely to stop backstabs) and using majestic greatsword (dual wield) uses pyromancer, infinite forbidden suns.

    good news is? he sucks!

    he beat me on first invasion because of the surprising amount of poise, tanking ultra greatsword with stone ring even though he wasn't swinging also the infinite estus was hilarious to see on an invader, but as someone who has like 30 hours into pvp, i was able to kill him using drakewing UGS on his second invasion.

    submitted by /u/KingAxeSven
    [link] [comments]

    Help me Level Up my build

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    So I can't post pictures on here so I want ds2 experts to help me with what I should level up for my build

    First Im a swordsman and I used shortsword +7 and fire longsword +7, I also use Sorcerer's staff +6 for ranged fights with annoying enemies

    VGR:20 END:31 VIT:10 ATN:16 STR:29 DEX:20 ADP:18 INT:20 FTH:15

    submitted by /u/Ivanthrxz
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 pvp and phantom range

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    I bought dark souls 2 with steam sales, and i was trying to do some pvp for the first time. I keep getting killed by people who swing their weapon 5 6 foot from me, and for some miracoulos reason their hits always connect. When I swing to them, i always miss, even if they don't roll.. what's with this bullshit phantom range? Doesn't ds2 has the best pvp, as i always heard people saying?

    submitted by /u/Fonzie90
    [link] [comments]

    Guys i really need help (hacker save data)

    Posted: 17 May 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    i was queuing for arena and then i met the hacker hitler, i instantly Alt+4 but still now my save won't even launch just crashes 5 seconds into loading...this is a 70hour save, i really could use the help...

    thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/KingAxeSven
    [link] [comments]

    My God, where the fuck do the knights keep coming from in iron keep?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Im past the smelter demon, past the moving corridor with the knights and ironclads and I've reached this narrow corridor with an ironclad bocking you. So I go on ahead to lure him into somewhere I can fight him and a knight comes and blocks me from behind. I end up dying. Fair enough.

    Second time I make sure to deal with the knight first and then take on the ironclad, only for a second knight to come in from behind to do the same. Ok fair enough, I must have missed a knight on the moving corridor and they aggro you from miles away so this is probably still my fault

    The next time I pull the lever so I kill everything on the moving platform. I reach the narrow corridor, wait for the first knight and kill him. I then wait there another 30 seconds looking behind me for the second knight to show up. He doesnt so I thought okay, he must have been on the top level of the moving corridor like I thought. I go in and just as I aggro the inronclad, this fucker shows up behind me again!

    Is From trolling, does he just spawn every time you reach the corridor or what? Im fucking pissed now

    submitted by /u/Dazzling_Barber
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment