• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 14, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Hey, you. Listen.

    Dark Souls 2 Hey, you. Listen.


    Hey, you. Listen.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    You there. That's right. You. Take a moment to pat yourself on the back for being an active member in the DS2 community for nearly 5 years.

    (also pls tell me sl and sm for pvp its hard 2 find people im on ps4 btw)

    submitted by /u/sullythepope
    [link] [comments]

    So, today I finished DS2 and what a game fellas

    Posted: 14 May 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Really, that cinematic in the end, my character sitting on the throne and the door closing omfg.

    I didn't know who the final boss was and only when nashandra entered the room, I realized why her picture curse us when we approach.

    Also, is really sad to see what remained of vendrick in that room, poor soul :(

    submitted by /u/KidBackpack
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing sots, this just killed me...

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Just now i was going through the wharf and got to Gavlan's place, but he wasn't there, at the same time i said to myself: "damn where's the wheel bro???" i came upon this:

    https://prnt.sc/sgf8p1

    I burst out in laughter lmao, just had to share this moment.

    submitted by /u/kaklik
    [link] [comments]

    First Hitler then Stalin .-.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    So during my first playtrough Hitler invaded me and corrupted my game so I had to delete.... now Stalin invaded.... why do they like to ruin peoples fun like yo? We like the same game, we should be friends why are u doing this, like, why dont u use your hacker skills to ruin big corporations, the government or whatever... instead of just messing with regular dudes who are already ****ed from this recession etc and just want to distract themselves... jeez

    submitted by /u/duckgod666
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to change members to "accursed" and online to "Seeking souls"

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Secret OP weapon, PVE is a cakewalk

    Posted: 14 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I don't know if anyone has discovered this secret but if you kill the two ogre cyclops things in things betwixt you get a handmaid's ladle from Milibeth, it's incredibly OP and it took me just 20 minutes to take down the last giant, disgusting damage.

    Thought I would share. :)

    submitted by /u/grantdredelic
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to change Members to Bearers Seek and Online to Seek Lest

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 - I did it! Platinumed the whole trilogy

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Hello fellow Undead!

    Last night I managed to platinum Dark Souls 2 and with that platinumed the whole trilogy. What I can say from this amazing experience is: Dark Souls 2 gets more hate than it should. While in my opinion it is the "worst" of the trilogy, that doesn't mean that it's inherently bad. You can see it was made to be hard just to be hard and try to throw in a lot of boss fights, which sadly a few were fairly forgettable. But it still does well in giving you the Dark Souls experience overall, that I have yet to experience in other Soulslike Action RPGs. So anybody who enjoyed any of the Dark Souls games, should also give Dark Souls 2 a chance. I personally started with Dark Souls 3 and was a bit late in the Souls trilogy.

    Please keep in mind that from this point on, there will be boss names which might spoil it for a newcomer.

    To me the easiest boss was definitely the Guardian Dragon, as I was running a Sorcery build and utterly destroyed him. One of my favourite bossfights was the Lost Sinner. That was really enjoyable to fight and Nashandra was, while a bit easier for a sorcerer still a good endboss.

    I know you can also fight Aldia, which is what I did in my first playthrough, but it was not that great of a fight. It's just dodging until you get one of the brief attack windows where he isn't taking reduced damage.

    The DLC areas I all hated the most and I know that DLCs in Dark Souls always have increased difficulty, but the mob density felt even worse in these.

    All in all though still a very enjoyable experience to play through, and I'm very happy that I did pick up Dark Souls 2 last year, even though I only finished it really this year.

    Cheers,

    Lif

    submitted by /u/l1fthras1l
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing DS2 DLC, just starting Sunken King.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    I beat Dark Souls when it first came out and played through it many times. I never really got into Dark Souls 2 until 3 was announced. I raced through 2 and enjoyed it, but I never really explored and didn't do the DLC. I have since beaten 3 and played through it a few times.

    I am now on my second play through of DS2 and finished the game taking my time. I loved it. Now it's on to the DLC.

    I had completely forgotten the terror of not knowing what is coming next these games give. I'm loving the DLC so far. The creepy atmosphere plus having no idea what to expect make me feel so uneasy. I can't wait to get to the other 2

    submitted by /u/pappa_fizz
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly co-operation

    Posted: 14 May 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    I wanted to face Raime (Fume Knight) again, because it's one of my favorite bosses in the series... But I didn't really want to face him alone (or Alonne....... Forgive me please). So... For the first time I put my summon sign. I put in lower floor bonfire room. And I got summon. Unfortunatly, the first host lacked in dodge ability, and died instantly... But the second was ok, and it felt really good to be helpful to someone! I love souls co-operation (even though I like to beat bosses on solo, in order to feel more accomplished after beating them).

    submitted by /u/Dakborndragon
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Spear Advice

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Hello fellow souls players. I'm newer to this game, and have really been enjoying my cleric class. I was wondering if there was a possible way for me to obtain the sunlight spear ? Tricks, tips, advice all welcome

    submitted by /u/mesy-head
    [link] [comments]

    Best build for the Crypt Blacksword?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Doing my second play through of DS2 and I've decided I want the Crypt sword to be my weapon of choice. I would like to use some sort of magic weapon buff on it as well.

    I've beat every SoulsBorne game and have never put points towards intelligence or faith as it has always been somewhat intimidating for me. Not sure what kind of weapon buff I should go for. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/OGDannyD
    [link] [comments]

    Darksouls 2 controls are really confusing on pc??

    Posted: 14 May 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    So I started to play ds2 after finishing ds1(remastered) and I'm just blown away by the convoluted controls that ds2 has for pc. In comparison, ds1 has much more intuitive and simpler design than ds2 and coming into ds2, I feel like I've never played a souls game before?. Like what is this alt +click and shift+mousewheel controls and all the buttons are all over the place with no keyboard mapping. Maybe I'm still not used to ds2 and I'm just overreacting, but as a new player coming into this is really unintuitive. I just want to enjoy this as much as I did for ds1.

    As I'm pretty much a pc player now, is it worth to connect my old ps3 controller to play ds2? Would it be easier and different?

    submitted by /u/dabbingchica
    [link] [comments]

    sotfs dead?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    As the title says, is the game fully dead now? Ive been to all different soul memory tiers, making many builds for different ranges (hell i have a max level character too), yet i cant find anyone for any kind if cooperation.

    Ive checked in hot spots and even obscure ones but i've gone hours without being summoned. I thought i was soft banned but i doubt it as i see player ghosts everywhere and i never got a notification (i used to dabble with the ascended and augur of darkness mods).

    Is there some kind of hot spot for coop/pve, or should i just buy vanilla ds2 as more players would still be there. (Ps. I dont mind getting vanilla ds2 as it is technicslly a different game).

    submitted by /u/NamiBro
    [link] [comments]

    What is so wrong with this game?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I love this game very much, but I'd like to know why just about everybody that plays 1and 3 absolutely hate this game? What's so wrong about a different story line and different mechanics? People didn't hate Ds3 even though it had elements from Ds2 and Bloodborne. Bloodborne used essentially the same type of healing system used in Demon's souls, and didn't use a combat style nor storyline similar to the souls series in my opinion, yet people loved it because it was different from the souls games.

    Is the hate geared towards the fact that the Dark souls name was used and yet the combat while essentially unchanged from Ds1? in my opinion, besides the case of the dual blades, whips, and omnidirectional rolling, never really changed. I read and hear people saying that the movement and weapon controls are clunky, but I honestly think Ds1 controls are much worse than these, and allow much more limited movements.

    Demon's souls wasn't popular when it came out, yet now it has a huge cult following and fanbase, and was nothing like dark souls in terms of story and world progression. Why does Ds2 garner all the hatred for FromSoft trying something different than Ds1?

    Sekiro is nothing like a souls game, and a majority of people went into it with the mindset of it being exactly like Ds3, only to find out that it played nothing like it. People started bashing it because it wasn't what they were used to having only played 3 or 1. I don't understand why people have to be so petty as to say that because it isn't one or both of those Ds games, that it isn't good and should be hated by all.

    I like all of these games, but can't seem to figure out why everybody hates this game because of a different type world and new mechanics from the previous title.

    Give me your answers below if you take the time to read all of this.

    submitted by /u/LactatingVolemus98
    [link] [comments]

    GreatSword

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Playing all the souls games, DS2 Greatsword is my favorite, you get it pretty early on and can carry you through most of the game if not all, but the other games one aren't good, in DS1 is small, and the damage only starts at 180, by the time you get it half way through the game you'll probably already have something way better, and in DS3 they keep the huge size but reduced it's damage to 180 again instead if the 200 something it's starts out with in DS2. As far as big sword go in DS1 the Black Knight UG , the Dragon tail UG, or The Great sword of Artorias is my go too and in DS3 The Exile Greatsword, The Ones the Darkwraths carry in The Ringed city. What Greatsword or Ultra Greatsword do y'all like using?

    submitted by /u/Arcticsword463
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 is the most fully realized Souls game

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    I'm coming up on platinum for DS2, and the more I think about it, the more I think this game really is the most "complete" of the trilogy.

    Dark Souls 1 knows exactly what it wants to be, and offers a stunning and original vision - for about half the game. After Ornstein and Smough, as many, many others have noted, the magic fades a little. It's still a great game, but nothing compares to the thrill of the first half - and even that's got its "meh" bits.

    Dark Souls 2 obviously owes a debt of influence to DS1, but it tells a story that is fully its own, fully self-contained, and it tells it well. It fleshes out the lore in intriguing and satisfying ways, its major personalities are compelling and human, and its variety of environments is second to none (which includes some missteps). Its atmosphere, though still "dark," obviously, is distinct; I just enjoy spending time in Drangleic.

    Dark Souls 3 wants to be Dark Souls 1, except for when it wants to be Bloodborne.

    If there is another From game that compares to the purity of vision that DS2 has, it's Bloodborne. Now, keep in mind, I haven't played Sekiro yet, so that's not factoring into my evaluation.

    But, in summary, to revisit the tired old question - people say DS2 is weird. Should I try it?

    The answer is yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

    submitted by /u/arthur_figgis
    [link] [comments]

    Have the poison mists in harvest Valley always been that impossible to see through?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    I'm currently on my first playthrough of SOTFS on ps4 having played through the normal game on 360 multiple times. I'm currently at harvest Valley trying to traverse the poison mists and I cannot see shit when I'm in them, I don't remember them being this hard to see through in the original game or am I just misremembering?

    submitted by /u/HamesWalker
    [link] [comments]

    Frigid Outskirts

    Posted: 13 May 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I love this game but god damn, who thought this was a good idea?!?! A gigantic empty wasteland where you can't see shit and stupid electro horses infinitely spawn out of literally nowhere ramming your ass and if you stop to kill one, three more spawn, so you have no choice but to run to the boss and it takes 30 minutes to run to the boss each time IF YOU DON'T GET KILLED BY STUPID PONIES. WHAT THE FUCK. And can we talk about the hitbox on those things? It's like I'm playing Super Fucking Mario World and any touch to their bodies when they're not even moving knocks me down and it hurts. I actually have 60 endurance and a third dragon ring and I tried to count how many full stamina bars it takes to reach the boss. Do you know how many? OVER TWELVE. FUCKING TWELVE. STAMINA. BARS. OF. RUNNING. ON NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! HDKAHDJDJEHKSJSHWJJ.

    From now on, I am excluding this map from all-bosses challenge runs. This is not worth the pain. It's just not. I'll erase it from my memory and pretend it never existed. I'm not even gonna talk about how bad the boss is, that's a thesis for another day.

    submitted by /u/KiritosSideHoe
    [link] [comments]

    First time seeing Drangleic Castle.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    I stopped playing this game around the black gulch area for no real reason, but I hopped on and played last night up until Drangleic Castle. Such a cool area, I always saw it looking over Majula, and I finally made it! Gives me that same feeling of when I saw Anor Londo or The Boreal Valley for the first time.

    submitted by /u/CGreene96
    [link] [comments]

    When did they change everything?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    I played the game a lot like 2-3 years ago on my 360 and recently downloaded it for Xbox one. It's completely different—enemies in different places, statues blocking paths. When and why did they make these changes??

    submitted by /u/Bogsy
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a fix for the full screen issue?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    So I bought sotfs awhile ago and finally got around to playing it, but it won't open in full screen. I checked the resolution and it's the right one for my laptop. I've tried ALT+Enter, re-installing and switching from full screen to windowed back to full screen and so far nothing is working. Anyone have a fix?

    submitted by /u/Lt_Dickballs
    [link] [comments]

    Offering help anywhere include dlc.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Whats a good and balanced build used to kill bosses and clear areas easily?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Im at 12 VGR 8 END 12 VIT 20 ATN 50 STR 25 DEX 10 ADP 23 INT 16 FTH with the head of vengarl helm and alva set santiers spear and the watchdragon parma for bosses i have a greatsword+8

    submitted by /u/HornyPedophileXD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment