• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls... through the eyes of a child

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    I decided to let my 10yo have a go at Dark Souls. I'm a bit concerned that the general horror theme and darkness might be a bit inappropriate for a young kid.

    And indeed, so far I've found it very hard to get him to progress far from Firelink.

    Because each time he kills an enemy, he wants to take the time to push their corpse off the cliff.

    This could be an interesting ride.

    submitted by /u/Wide_Arc
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat dark souls

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    What an amazing journey in video game history. Dark Soul is a game riddled with lore, characters long gone through history, beasts and demons that lurk through the whole game, Dark Souls is one of the most rewarding games I have ever experienced. It gives you the feeling of overcoming tremendous odds. Dark Souls will always be a msterpiece to me. it's sad to see it end but all great adventures come to an end.

    The gameplay is a bit dated compared to the other souls games but this pioneered most of the mechanics, the lore and environments is so amazing and it's easy to get lost in the beauty of some places, preferably for me was Anor Londo.

    The bosses in this game are the biggest rush gaming has to offer,they are both punishing and fair.

    These are my fave boss fights:
    -Artorias- An epic fight what truly shocked me is that Artorias fights you with a broken arm, and he does fight fairly. Truly an honorable knight.

    -Ornstein and Smough- These two perfectly compliment each other, Ornstein is a quick and nimble fighter wielding a long spear, Smough is a big brute that pummels you with sheer strength, couple that with an epic ost and a big arena to fight is a recipe for an epic boss fight.

    - Sif the Great grey wolf- The fight is stunning and tragic at the same time, learning the lore made me cry that sif was trying to stop the player from experiencing what happend to his master and that is to fall to the abyss.

    -Black Dragon Kalameet- Holy Shit! This boss is epic, just from learning a bit about him by talking to Hawkeye Gough is scary, the gods do not wanna fuck with him. Even getting shot by gough doesn't take him down and puts up a real fight, in my opinion he has the coolest boss design and one of my favorite boss themes in the game.

    That's all I have to say, Dark Souls is a rewarding experience that I and other players will reminisce.

    Overall a 10/10.

    submitted by /u/Spagetti_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Partly as a joke, I decided to turn one of my Animal Crossing rooms into Demon Ruins.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Couldn’t ask for a better photo finish for the platinum

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Is summoning npc for a fight considered cheating?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    I was having trouble fighting gwynn so I summoned solaire to help me out, tho I finished the game I was wondering if it's considered cheating to get help from NPC summons

    submitted by /u/Spartan-219
    [link] [comments]

    I really don't miss backstab spam but sometimes it's pretty funny

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    kinda bored in Anor Londo

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Admittedly I haven't gotten very far. But it's such huge open spaces with nothing to do in them that take for-fucking-ever to run through, and giant knight guys that take half an hour to kill. It's interesting how the tiniest tightest and most thickly populated area yet (the Painted World) is connected to this sparse emptiness. I just wanna fight some regular-size dudes -- the lightning spear demon guys are fine, but first there's the looooong run, looooong elevator ride, loooooong battle with these humongous knights....blech! And going back to Firelink etc from here (where there's variety and people and merchants and things) feels so inelegant, these demon guys just fly me back down to Sen's for some reason? Is that the only way? I'd like to upgrade my weapons, but I have no titanite shards left....

    submitted by /u/KimberStormer
    [link] [comments]

    Going to re-play for the first time in 7 years

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Strength or Dex? And what weapons are good for either?

    submitted by /u/rindavid
    [link] [comments]

    Soul Drops?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    I have the souls to use for my self but I also want to save them to drop to other members of the dark souls community, is there anyone that I can trust to help me? I need to drop souls to you copy my back up to the PlayStation and then you drop the souls to me

    submitted by /u/Jakeman4871
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple boss souls?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Playing through dark souls for the first time on switch and accidentaly used the golem's core. Is there any way I can fight the golem again or some other way to get another core?

    submitted by /u/RandoMacGee
    [link] [comments]

    Sun boi not in the right place.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    So I'm doing Sun Bros quest and I completed it. He summon didn't show in Kiln, so I went to Lost Izalith to run out his diaolague. Well he wasn't there. He was chilling in the short cut like how he is supposed to be after the centipede. Anyone ever have any issues or his summon won't show in Kiln?

    submitted by /u/Crown1ess_king
    [link] [comments]

    After 90 hours of gameplay, I've finally beaten dark souls...

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    I'm proud, and pissed. I'm saddened yet happy. I've never felt so conflicted on the end of a game. So many thoughts run through my head as to the themes, what the story meant. What Gwyn's fate means for life in general. You might be wondering why I'm pissed. Well, a bunch of assholes who introduced me to the game spoiled the entire ending, and every boss and what I was supposed to do through the whole game. So the ending wasn't a surprise to me. None of the bosses caught me off guard. There was a point where I had no idea where any of this was going, then a friend just told me everything and I knew where to go. Sorry I just needed to vent that.

    submitted by /u/Joseph-The-Italian
    [link] [comments]

    Message for all new players

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    If you need even the slightest of help on how to do something or if you need a tip for a boss,message me.i sadly cant help with the actual bosses cuz i dont have online yet but if you need tips message me.

    submitted by /u/super-burcol
    [link] [comments]

    Beat 4 kings?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Ok so I'm running a sorcerer build and I can beat the 4 kings. I have little strength and I'm using the crystal halbrd. What should I do to cheese/beat the 4 dicks?

    submitted by /u/reetmandood
    [link] [comments]

    I just killed my first boss.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Marked as spoiler because I'm not an asshole.

    I've never in my life played a boss fight that made my fucking heart pump that fast. It was terrifying to die for the hundreth time. It got to the point where my first go, I lost 4 humanity, 4000 souls because some hollow killed me on the way back. I got so pissed, had nothing to lose and just hauled ass through with the little shortcut under the bridge. I had a smidge of health left and I killed it. Taurus Demon, you are the first boss I fought in this damn game and I almost shat myself. What the fuck.

    submitted by /u/DelMundoMundial
    [link] [comments]

    how to beat 4 kings with this build?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/638148 this is my build and I feel myself hollowing over these kings. Any tips so I can kick their a-

    submitted by /u/poopiehead04444
    [link] [comments]

    should I place the lord vessel?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    Ok im making a PvP build but dont want to fight 2 bosses right now just to get one item(red eye orb) can I get cracked red eye orbs anywhere if I place the vessel now?

    submitted by /u/poopiehead04444
    [link] [comments]

    I didn’t like Bloodborne. Is it still worth checking out Dark Souls?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    I've been reading about Dark Souls: Remastered, and it sounds really cool to me. However, I played Bloodborne for a few hours and never felt like picking it up again. I didn't like the weapons at all, so combat was somewhat boring, and most of the preliminary enemies were bland, just grey dudes with weapons. I know the games are from the same developer, so I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to check out the remaster, or if my time/money would be better spent elsewhere.

    submitted by /u/thekingdtom
    [link] [comments]

    My future wife just beat Dark Souls and won the bet ... and as promised, I got her THE ring. (last part of our "marriage over Dark Souls" story).

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    TL:DR at the bottom.

    So first things first, she did it. It took her some time, but most of it because she had to retrace lot of her steps and revisit areas multiple times, because she tends to overlook and miss things. But on the other hand, she sliced trough bosses like knife trough butter. So she managed to finish Dark Souls with all the optional bosses, including DLC and that means one thing, and one thing only - she's the one.

    For those who don't know the origin of the bet, here are two previous posts (part 1) / (part 2) to keep you updated.

    So now it's my turn in the bet. I told her, that if she could beat Dark Souls, I'll marry her. This was of course no serious condition and we made this bet out of fun. Nonetheless, the fact that were getting married was clear long before this, so nothing has changed really for us. In previous posts I was thinking about getting her custom made Dark Souls ring as an engagement ring, specifically ring of Favor and Protection - because of it's description and lore ... but then I decided to do something little bit different. She told me already what kind of ring she'd like and from which jeweler, so I want to propose properly with this ring (which would be impossible to get right now because of the lockdown anyway). So I decided to get her replica of FaP ring for now, as a token for beating the game, symbol (of Favor and Protection, haha) and some kind of promise ring if you want. It's one of those $3 cheap trinkets from China, but I think it doesn't matter.

    So everything worked out very well, she finished Dark Souls and I intend to keep my promise and got her a Dark Souls ring in the meantime. Plus, we had great fun together when she played the game, and she's definitely hooked now since she spontaniously started DS2 right away.

    Now just to convince her to name my son Solaire and were done for life.

    And they lived happily ever after.

    TL:DR I dared my GF to finish Dark Souls and told her that I'm gonna marry her if she can do it. She beat the game and I got her Ring of Favor and Protection as promise ring.

    PS: Just because I was jealous of her enjoying Dark Souls for the first time, I decided to place challenge on me aswell and try my first DS3 SL1 character in the meantime. I'm now 3 days and like 80 attempts in Soul of Cinder progress ... send help.

    submitted by /u/IceCreamYouScream92
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum obtained

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    Dark souls platinum https://imgur.com/gallery/ZaeiAdA I have been working in this trophee for 2 months and I am very happy (first platinum trophee). Praise the sun [T]/

    submitted by /u/UchihaBoy4
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum gang

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Decided I wanted to get the platinum for DS1 on PS4 to complement my Bloodborne platinum. The most frustrating part was getting all the miracles and rare weapons.

    Found out that you can kinda cheat the ascension trophies by upgrading your weapons and quitting out after the trophy pops. It won't save, and you can reuse the materials for other trophies so that you don't have to farm white titanite chunks.

    If you do the 100% right, you just have to play it up to NG++ and kill Sif. PROTIP: have any weapons you need already upgraded to a +10 so that you don't have to kill Capra Demon to get the large ember in the Depths again (I didn't).

    Farming souvenirs wasn't terribly fun, but I got 8 in probably 45 minutes.

    The worst part was definitely getting the channeler's trident in the archives. After about 20 times of getting smacked by crystal skellies, smacking the channeler, running back to the bonfire, and losing humanity, I figured out that the ring of fog made me less likely to get ganked and I got it about 5 runs after that. I put down my sign to help people with Seath in the meantime. He can be annoying solo, but his AI seems to be pretty laughable with summons.

    I kept forgetting a lot of things that were annoying to get if you were just breezing through to collect and not exploring the game normally (Tranquil Walk of Peace). Forgot Rhea's miracles for the first two playthroughs, too. They're easy to miss. Leeroy's Grant. Died to him once by falling off the cliff and he didn't respawn for a few resets.

    FINALLY, I got to the giant blacksmith at Anor Londo, forged the Greatshield of Artorias, and eagerly waited for the trophy to pop. It didn't. I thought to myself, "What could I POSSIBLY be missing? I hope I didn't feed a boss item to Frampt by accident." I cross-checked the list to my inventory, and sure enough, I was missing a Black Knight Greatshield.

    There are only a handful of black knights up until the Kiln of the First Flame. There is supposedly a 5% base drop rate for the shield, which would mean I would probably have to farm it there. I was incredibly frustrated that I kept forgetting steps before starting a new playthrough, but I wanted that platinum badly.

    I popped ten humanity, wore the gold serpent ring, and the mimic head. Then I walked up to the Black knight in the Undead Parish and backstabbed him. He dropped a titanite chunk and a greatshield. The platinum popped. Pardon the cliche, but Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/somni1991
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play the other games in the saga?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    The first ds is my favorite game for years and I have beaten it millions of times, I never played other games in the saga out of laziness and because I feel that I will not like them as much as the first. Should I play the other games in the saga?

    submitted by /u/Franciscop7
    [link] [comments]

    So I just fought sanctuary guardian

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    It was the most apeshit boss fight I've ever been in. It was sooooo intense, so different because the boss was more about being unpredictable and quick, unlike the rest of the bosses in dark souls. I might like this boss just as much as o and s. Can't wait to see how artorias will whoop my ass. High hopes!

    submitted by /u/Doggydadog
    [link] [comments]

    Tried speedrunning for the first time!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Dark Souls is one of my favorite games, and I've done a few challenge runs, and was in the mood to do a new one. I've never done a speedrun before in any game, but I figured I'd just find a guide and give it a go, it couldn't be that hard. I found a walkthrough with commentary on how to beat the game in under an hour, I had it up on one screen (pausing to catch up) and playing on the other. It wasn't terribly hard as I've played through the game a lot already and was familiar with most bosses, but it certainly wasn't easy. Especially as all but one boss fight you're 1 hit from death.

    The evolution of my times was pretty good too, my first run was 5 hrs, second was 2.5hrs (both almost to the second), third and fourth were ~1hr15m, 5th was 1hr2m, finally achieved my goal of less than an hour, and even went beyond and got sub 45! I likely won't continue speedrunning the game as I've gotten what I wanted out of it. But when I eventually want to play the game again, I might just do another speedrun

    https://imgur.com/a/acOT11z

    submitted by /u/Somedude12300
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment