• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Nito is not killing a tree in the intro movie

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    As far as I can tell everyone is content with Gravelord Nito, First of the Dead, doing his part in Great Dragon war by... decaying a tree. Well, I think it's not actually a tree but a tail of dragon.

    Here is screenshot of Nito's neat-o action taking place: https://i.imgur.com/eMn9saj.png

    It sure does look like tree's root or some branch but let me help you see a tail: https://i.imgur.com/rBAUTST.jpg

    Just a moment later we see how this tail decays and basically breaks into smaller stone chunks/scales: https://i.imgur.com/OFpy8IP.png

    And right after Nito's sequence we see Seath holding onto the same stone scales of his now perished kindred: https://i.imgur.com/iFfcJsj.png

    This also makes so that Nito's role in this war was to ensure that dragons are really dead, to dispose of their bodies, so to say.

    submitted by /u/Salamatiqus
    [link] [comments]

    Stupidly rested at Ash Lake bonfire pre-Lordvessel.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Never thought I'd be so happy to see Blighttown again.

    submitted by /u/_RIZZO_
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Dad Jokes

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    I posted here a while ago about playing through this masterpiece with my six-year-old son. We've made quite a bit of progress since then (working on getting his second Lord Soul), and he's really taken to it. The other day he asked me to tell him some Dark Souls jokes, and I thought I'd come here, first to share what I was able to come up with, and second to ask if anybody has any more silly kid-appropriate DS themed jokes I can tell him.

    Here's the list so far:

    Why did Solaire lose when playing hide and seek with his kids?
    He couldn't find his son

    How is Seath's diet going?
    He can't tell because he doesn't have a scale

    Why was Artorias a lousy general?
    He couldn't control his army.

    What do you call a player who drops his toothpaste in the middle of a battle?
    Crestfallen Warrior

    What else y'all got?

    submitted by /u/ISureHateMyCat
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through Dark Souls 1 for the first time, i painted my favorite character.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    Oh. My. God.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    This gorgeous motherfucking game. Just now, I fought ornstein and smough for the first time, solo. It was so goddamn intense. I fucked up smough with one unit of health left due to ornstein stabbing me after I finished him off. I thought the boss was pretty easy for me to have beat half of it in the first try, albeit with no flasks and one hit away from heaven. Then I got a lightning dildo shoved in my face. Thank you, Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/Doggydadog
    [link] [comments]

    Something wierd I noticed.. about Ash Lake

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    So I got into Dark Souls years ago, but only fully finished it yesterday (altough still didnt play DLCs)So anyway, it got me thinking. Right, so basically in lore, the world first was unformed, giant primordal flat landscape of trees, and immortal dragons, and basically no features. Then Gwyn, the Witch, and Neto destroyed the dragons, burned down the trees, basically did a biblical reshaping of the world.

    So it kinda follows that the idea is that they cleansed the world and built a new one over it. This new world has mountains, forests, deserts, valleys etc.

    however when you visit the Ash lake, it shows you that the Age of Ancients persists. Which is BELOW the world, you see that basically, it's a MASSIVE space, but while it is underground, it CAN NOT be a cave, right? There is a source of light, which reasons that it must be somehow surface, yet it isn't. Further more, most of this world is sea/ocean. But we can assume that there is land since we walk on a small archipelago and in the intro cinematic the trees rest on the ground.

    One more thing, the archtrees in Ash Lake stretch far into the "skies" and you cant see treetops, which are presumably over the clouds.

    Okay, so how can this be? I have one idea. in DS1, in Firelink shrine, if you look to the opposite of the massive tree were the crow rests, there is another gigantic tree in the distance, hugging the wall. Could this be the treetop of the arch trees that rests below the ground? Are the archtrees, holding the world, so to speak?

    I came up with a little sketch here: https://i.imgur.com/P6gire0.jpg

    the biggest proof of this is the fact that you access the Ash Lake trough the Great Hollow, a gigantic tree which you descent and when you emerge out in Ash lake, and look up you'll see that you came out of a tree identical to other trees in that region. Furthermore, the blighttown/great hollow rest in the base of the walls of the city of Anor Londo, the great treetop that we see from firelink shire, could very well be that same tree, which hugs the walls of blighttown, but in order to confirm this, we would need to look at some 3D map software tool from game.

    Anyway, this begs the question, did the Gods destroy the arch trees or not? If they did, the fact that they exist below the surface can mean that they only cut out the upper portions of the trees, while the identical world exists below ground: https://i.imgur.com/91ltd9v.jpg

    The ash lake couldn't be a mistake, (like some level inconsistency in DS2), it was obvios choice by the developers, further more, if the archtrees were supposed still exist next to Gwyns kingdom on surface, we should be able to see them from the balcony of Dukes Archives, but we can't.

    What do you make of all this? This area isn't mentioned in any other games as far as I know.

    submitted by /u/Brother_Judas
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be using a weapon buff?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I'm new to DS1. Im around level 65 and I realized I'm not using any buffs for boss fights. From what I understand I cant buy unlimted gold pine resins so what? Im playing dex spears/scythe

    submitted by /u/Dandi601
    [link] [comments]

    Huge mistake

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I made sure I killed all the bosses and cleared all the bonus content before killing Gwyn.

    I start NG+.

    I FORGOT TO BUY THE MASTERKEY!!!

    submitted by /u/Grimm6589
    [link] [comments]

    no hit run, or so u thought

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    how do the lands outside of Lordran work?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    The world seems to be designed with Lordran being the entirety of it and the other lands being an afterthought. For example, if the Lords created the world, why did they all hole up in Lordran? And how is the undead curse outside of Lordran? How does the undead curse even spread, and how do you avoid it?

    submitted by /u/OrthisianOcar
    [link] [comments]

    Is the DS Remaster worth it if I don't have a 4K tv?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    I have a 1080p Plasma tv and an Xbox One. Not even sure it's capable of 60hz.

    I've been playing the OG 360 version of the game on disc. Like... the pre DLC pre Prepare to Die, original original disc version.

    I've never actually finished DS1 before (furthest I've been is getting stuck on O&S), so I wouldn't mind buying the remaster with the DLC and all the bugfixes etc etc included, but it's fifty bucks.

    Is it worth paying $50 for?

    submitted by /u/SubtleMockery
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in a art class that is called Digital Imaging I made this in it and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Is the drake sword any decent against the four kings?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    I've been using the drake sword my whole playthrough until i have enough strength for my black knight halberd. Right now my drake sword is at +4, is it any good for the four kings or should i grind to use the bk halberd

    submitted by /u/Blingiman
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    If u want help on dark souls 3 u can join my discord https://discord.gg/CbswCv

    submitted by /u/Avodoke
    [link] [comments]

    How do i make a gywnevere avatar?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Like kinda like gwynevere using the character creation at the start. Sadly I succ at making characters so Reddit, can you help :')

    submitted by /u/reetmandood
    [link] [comments]

    THE F*CKING CATS IN DARKROOT WOODS

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    sorry guys, that's all this post is about. I've been playing the soulsborne games for 8 years and I've platinumed them and all but nothing, -- NOTHING gets me screaming like the fkn cats from darkroot woods as they ball up and dumptruck me and vaporize my health from halfway across the map.

    thank you for coming to my ted talk.

    submitted by /u/narsil_anduril
    [link] [comments]

    After 5 hrs of continuing torture

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I FINALLY KILLED ORSTEIN AND SMOUGH FUCKING FINALLY AFTER LOSING ALL MY SOULS WORTH OF 40K AND DYING TO ORSTEIN CRUSHING ME WITH HIS BUTT I FINALLY GOT HIS STUPID ASS

    AND I GOT TO TELL SOME ONE

    submitted by /u/potatosincebirth
    [link] [comments]

    Why are DS2 fans/the DS2 sub so rude and butthurt? Thankful for this place.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I haven't even posted there, but I'm about halfway through my first time through the game and I thought I'd drop in/do some searching to see if anyone shares my thoughts or experience...

    Holy shit that is the most "git gud" bullshit fanbase.

    Any criticism or ask for help is met with "git gud, you suck," "ItS nOt DaRk sOuLs 1, dumbass," "game is literally perfect, so fuck off."

    Compared to here, or the BB subs, where people are helpful and can openly talk about the games or moments where it was frustrating.

    submitted by /u/notmyfflurkeracct
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight halberd

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    I've tried multiple times but still no luck. I really want it for my pyro build.

    submitted by /u/I_am_Chicknooget
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls syndrome

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Just wondering, is it only me that compares everything to Dark Souls when playing it only to find out nothing's the same and then just play Dark souls again?

    submitted by /u/dantaylorr
    [link] [comments]

    O&S Need Help

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I've been going through first playthrough of Dark Souls an hour or two a day recently. Reached O&S and stuck hard last few days. Not sure if my damage is a bit low, with a Mace +10 and 12 str. When I separate Smough and Ornstein, I usually end up trading hits, which means I'll run out of hp first. Any way to quickly increase damage output?

    Also happy to have someone join the raid if you have some time. On PC version. I'll be running solos in the meantime

    submitted by /u/CoalChris
    [link] [comments]

    If you're ever wanting to cause great suffering.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I made a pretty hilarious build for The Depths

    Just bring a great shield, two attunement slots, Toxic Mist and Poison Mist, a metric ass load of lloyds talismans, some green moss for stam regen, any armor that gives a ton of poise and absorption as well as the Wolf Ring for even more poise and another ring of your choosing as well as an obvious Pyro Glove to cast these spells. I usually don't even bother with havels ring since I wear so much armor with a great shield that I'm fat rolling regardless. You can do this all easily at SL25 +5.

    Your goal is to corner the target with your greatshield and hit them with toxic mist. If Toxic misses, resort to Poison Mist. When they're hit by the status, lock down that estus with lloyds repeatedly throughout the fight. It is now a battle of who can last longer. The man with the greatshield or, the guy dying of poison/toxic. At this point, I usually try and R2 my opponent to try and flatten them with the greatshield.

    The reason I pick The Depths is because narrow corridors are incredibly advantageous to a greatshield user as backstabs are a huge weakness as well as magic spam from multiple players since you're going to be fat rolling on this meme build. Plus, most players tend to panic and run back to the bonfire which, is a tiny enclosed room perfect for puking mist into.

    You're going to end up killing far more people than you'd think if you get good at free aiming those lloyds talismans and predicting where they're going to roll towards and getting even more to pull the plug. I know I did.

    Enjoy.

    submitted by /u/MumpsTheMusical
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment