• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 7, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So my Partner loves DS and I love crafting. This is our Couplephoto now. Guess Grandma likes it

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Atorias & Ciaran

    Edit:

    Wow that resonance is a blast! Thank you!

    For the People asking: Yes these are costumes I made myself. Heres a completly unedited Photo :)

    not so fancy version

    submitted by /u/daBirb_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone by the character name 'Poopy' on Switch. My husband misses you.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:59 AM PST

    Not joking. My husband summoned someone by the name 'Poopy' for the O/S boss battle and now he misses Poopy. Unfortunately, DS on Switch doesn't make it easy to find or speak to specific people.

    Please come back, Poopy.

    submitted by /u/PplBeTrippin
    [link] [comments]

    Me: im gonna do a weird quirky build this playthrough *goes to get grass crest then gets halbred by accident* Me: Fuck it build cancelled.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Love dark souls, saving up to try it on the switch

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PST

    Anyone have any experience with dark souls on the switch? How does it run?

    submitted by /u/DUDrummer
    [link] [comments]

    Undead In Need

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:12 PM PST

    So, Im having trouble killing the bed of chaos on switch due to lack of fire resistant armour. Would someone be able to drop a black knight set so I could kill it? (I know where to get it but I can't get there yet.)

    submitted by /u/Nexlord17
    [link] [comments]

    Covenant Lore Discussion

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 03:57 AM PST

    In trying to complete Dark Souls i found myself killing crow after crow in the painted world of Ariamis. When I tried to teleport out I couldn't. I exit by the painting luckily my next stop was right around the corner. And then it hit me:

    Not only can you farm all the resources needed to progress on all the covenants offline (except Forest Hunters but you can get the reward by a trade), it also makes a LOT of sense.

    Way of White and Princess Guard have no progression why? Because the Gods have left and Gwynevere is an illusion.

    Dark Wraith and Chaos Servants ask for Humanity. To spread the abyss and keep The fair Lady alive respectively.

    Now the interesting ones: Warriors of sunlight asks for Sunlight Medals offline we get them from killing Sunlight maggots. The species that turns Solair crazy and as he said, time is convoluted in Lordran.

    The Blades of the dark Moon ask for Souvenirs of reprisal, we get those by killing crows CROWS, the symbol of Velka. Need I extend myself on how crazy that is? Gwyndolin asks you to kill the servants of the goddess of sin, the one who has power to spread the truth and free the chosen one.

    Even the Dragon Path makes sense if you think about it. Where are we (most likely) going to farm the dragon scales? On the Valey of Drakes, not Dragons, we are decimating creatures that are similar to dragons but not fully... it's revenge from Seath's treason.

    The only one I can't make sense of is Gravelord Servants. How does killing basilisks benefits Nito? Maybe it has something to do with the curse... Please help.

    submitted by /u/DelphosPlay
    [link] [comments]

    I Am Once Again Asking For Your Emotional Support

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:59 PM PST

    I've finally gotten to Gwyn. My first game has been an emotional wreck man. I cheated a bit and learned that I would have to kill Solaire and went out of my way to save him, but he still died by my hands. I worked so hard on beating every boss that I didnt realize all the different things I could do and missed out on so much spells, miracles, and pyromancy. I have accidentally killed every single fire keeper. I betrayed Gwynovear so I could kill that bitch ass Gwyndolyn. And finally, I had to kill Crossbreed Priscilla just to get enough souls to level up. I need to be done with this walkthrough. I need to get to new game plus so I can go back and fix my mistakes and have a much better run. I'll be overpowered as hell with my max lightning claymore and max furysword. I can save my friends and keep the peace. And finally, I can not only save Solaire, but fight alongside him for Gwyn.

    But Gwyn is a bitch ass douchebag. Seriously fuck this guy. I need serious tips on how to beat this dude because I parry the fuck out of him and beat his ass every time, and then he just spams the fuck out of his grab until I'm dead. Can you guys help me? I just want to praise the sun with Solaire one last time.

    submitted by /u/NerdKing01
    [link] [comments]

    Faith needed to one-shot Seath with Dragon King Greataxe + Sunlight Blade etc.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:22 PM PST

    Pretty specific question. I know it's possible to one-shot Seath with Dragon King Greataxe, Sunlight Blade, Power Within, Dragon Torso Stone. and RTSR, as shown here. As it stands, I'm at 72 FTH and pushing 5501 damage (using Darkmoon Talisman). I need 5525. I was curious if anyone happened to know the FTH I'd need for this, or how to calculate it. I've been working on this for a long time, and after repeatedly stopping to farm and then coming up short, I just need a number to aim for to keep me sane.

    submitted by /u/ConstanceOfCompiegne
    [link] [comments]

    Which do I ascend to make the Greatsword of Artorias(Cursed)that can kill Ghosts? A sword hilt or a broadsword?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 04:10 AM PST

    I don't have the stats to properly wield it yet though

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye giant dad (goodbye mr a parody lyrics)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PST

    I made a parody of the lyrics of one of my favorite songs

    There's a hole in your logic
    You who know all the answers, oh-oh-oh
    You claim magic ain't meta
    And expect me to buy it

    And goodbye Giant Dad
    You promised you would love us but you knew too much
    Goodbye Giant Dad
    You had all the answers but no human touch
    If gaming is subtraction, your number is up
    Your love is a fraction, it's not adding up

    So busy telling me to git gud
    You forgot to switch your feelings on, oh-oh-oh
    So-so superior, are you not?
    You love a little bit but you forgot

    Goodbye Giant Dad
    You promised you would love us but you knew too much
    Goodbye Giant Dad
    You had all the answers but no human touch
    If gaming is subtraction, your number is up
    Your love is a fraction, it's not adding up

    Goodbye Giant Dad
    Dark Souls was full of wonder till you opened my eyes
    Goodbye Giant Dad
    Wish you hadn't blown my mind and killed the surprise
    Goodbye Giant Dad
    You promised you would love us but you knew to much
    Goodbye Giant Dad
    You had all the answers but no human touch
    If gaming is subtraction, your number is up
    Your love is a fraction, it's not adding up

    submitted by /u/Stannisarcanine
    [link] [comments]

    I can't figure out how to do the Promt Swap.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 02:17 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I recently found this Promt Swap glitch discovered by Kahmul. Anyway, I've been trying to do it but it just can't seem to work. Every time I press A and left-click together, it just registers A and not the left click.

    Can anybody help me figure out what I am doing wrong? Does the DPI setting of my mouse has something to do with it?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Niko_Bellic__
    [link] [comments]

    Why Nito?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:09 PM PST

    So you start the game with the goal of escaping the undead asylum followed by ringing the bells and so on pretty straight forward up until you get the lord vessel. Then you have 4 options. But one stands out separate from the other 3, Nito. Maybe im missing something but is Nito just a victim of circumstance. The other 3 can be justified, the four kings have been corrupted by the abyss, Seath has gone mad, and I don't imagine the bed of chaos is very coherent. But why does Nito either not freely give up his soul or help the undead. Does he not want the curse to end? Extend the age of fire? Basically what is Nitos motivation?

    submitted by /u/tweinmeier
    [link] [comments]

    The Bat Demons in Anor Londo

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 01:44 AM PST

    It's my first time playing ds1 and omg I was falling in love with this game but I just cant get past the Bat Demons in Anor Londo I cant take out the first 3 with relative ease but the other two near the archers are unbearable to fight. They easily corner me while the archers finish me off. Even if I survive the I am left weak I don't have enough estus to fight the archers. Pls tell me how to get past this bit.

    submitted by /u/Shrimp_Eater
    [link] [comments]

    Im stuck at the game

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 01:39 AM PST

    Im doing a dexterity build but i cant kill enemies and the first black knight is obliterating me and somehow i managed to get to the gargoyles but everything 2 shots me

    submitted by /u/The_Gas_Mask_guy
    [link] [comments]

    If you could be any boss, who would you be?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PST

    I feel like I'd be my own boss.

    I'd want to be a squire or underling of Artorias. Though, I'd secretly would want to bring about the end of the Age of Fire and relinquish mankind from unnatural humanity.

    I'm inspired mainly by the entire lore of the inevitability of the end of the Age of Fire.

    Everyone went hollow trying to stop it.

    Or maybe I'm too dark in general? I just really connected with many DS NPCs and bosses. Especially the scholar of the first sin and the abysswalkers...

    Aldia is too much like me, it's scary.

    I know it isn't all DS1, but the games are all so intertwined.

    What kind of boss would you be? Or who would you be and what would be your lore?

    submitted by /u/TheStockyScholar
    [link] [comments]

    Havel's Ring Missing

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I started playing Dark Souls 1 - Remastered a couple of days ago. I have just killed Havel, the problem is that he did not drop the ring. I surmise that this might have happened because we traded on our last blows and we both died. After looking the ring up, it seems to be quite decent. Is there a way to get this ring without restarting the game? I feel terrible about missing out on this ring, especially as I am already 8-9 hours into the game and SL45.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Mastercrow123
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game - any tips?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:43 PM PST

    I recently got myself the first installment and started right away. It's pretty atmospheric and just as unforgiving as I've heard. I currently find myself stuck at the first area of Lordran, grinding souls. While I have little difficulty dispatching the small fry, I don't really know how to go about defeating tougher enemies, but I'll get there.

    But there's something I'd like to ask.

    Do the various classes actually play differently, or do they just have different starting stats and equipment?

    Also, is there anything I should look out for in terms of building my character?

    submitted by /u/Maaxorus
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best method of trolling you've ever seen?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:13 PM PST

    I'll start:

    I once saw a super old OnlyAfro video where he invades someone in The Duke's Archives, runs all the way back to the start of the area with the jail cells, pulls the lever to sound the alarm, and leaves the world. I wish I was clever enough to think of something so brilliant.

    submitted by /u/Supercontinent1
    [link] [comments]

    Painted world...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:58 PM PST

    So question, i entered the painted world before gettong the lordvessel...is there anyway back to Lordran without it?

    submitted by /u/pear48
    [link] [comments]

    Do the "Beyond the Grave" books cover all the bosses and characters inside the dark souls series and there lore?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:12 AM PST

    About porting an armor mod from PTDE to DSR.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:21 PM PST

    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/185?tab=files I'm really wanting to get this mod (the dark version) into the remaster. Is this something that can be learned relatively easily, or is it likely to be an ordeal if I don't have some prior knowledge of coding, certain software, etc.?

    I located the parts in question by looking them up in dsfix.txt, included with TPUP; but renaming them and transferring them didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DickinPeanutButter
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 worst shields in DSR

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:33 PM PST

    After doing the top 5 best shields in DSR. Today I'm going to the worst shields in the game. It's not easy to do this list since there's alot of good shields. Before the list, here are the rules.

    Rules

    1.opinion base: This is my personal opinion. If you manage to find a shield that you like but I hate, that's ok because it's my opinion.

    2.pve: I'm going to focus the shields efficiency in pve, not PvP.

    3.including: I'm going to include boss, unique, and base shields. I'm also going to include a fist weapon that can function as a shield.

    Without a further ado let's get into these top 5 shields that are litteral abominations.

    5.crystal shield:

    Base stats: Physical-100 Magic-60 Fire-80 Lightning-80 Stability-60 weight-5.0 ––––––––– In paper, the shield is actually pretty good in terms of stats. Unfortunately, in practice it was one of the worst shields. Why? Because it was limited. This shield cannot be repaired nor upgrade. Which makes this shield far inferior to most of the medium shields like the silverknight shield since this shield has similar weight and has more maxed stability. Another shield that can outclassified the crystal shield is the heater shield. Even though the heater shield has lower stats than the crystal shield, it makes up for it's higher maxed stability and it's way lighter than the crystal shield. So if you want a all around shield, use the grass crest shield since it's lighter and has more maxed stability than this junk.

    4.crtstal ring shield:

    Base stats: Physical-70 Magic-90 Fire-70 Lightning-40 Stability-40 weight-3.0 ––––––––– Back in the good ol' days, this shield use to be one of the best in terms of crazy damage output. I remember this shield reek havoc against bosses with it's projectiles depending how strong is your weapon on your right hand is. It's ashamed they patch this shield to the depths. Now this is one of the worst shields defensively and offensively. If you want a strong magic attack, use a catalyst that's it! And if you want a superior version of a magic shield, use the crest shield since it has the same weight as the crystal ring shield, higher stability, higher lightning and a 100% physical reduction to top it off. Just don't use this shield on any serious builds at all. Unless your having fun with it.

    🥉.dark hand:

    Base stats: Physical-80 Magic-80 Fire-80 Lightning-80 Stability-30 Weight-1.0 ––––––––– Even though the dark hand is classified as a fist, I put it on the list since it function as a shield when you hold it on your left hand. Unfortunately, this is a really bad shield to use since like I said, there's better all rounder shields out there. Anyways, this shield sucks because of its physical and stability. That 80 magic, fire and lightning doesn't make up for it's 80 physical reduction and 30 stability. It also annoys me since it appears alot on my darkwraith farm. It's infuriates me when this happens. So just like the crystal ring shield, don't use this shield seriously unless your cosplaying as a darkwraith. At least it steals humanity but there's other methods of getting it safer.

    🥈.plank shield:

    Base stats: Physical-75 Magic-40 Fire-20 Lightning-55 Stability-45 weight-1.5 ––––––––– Like I said about the comparison of the wooden shield and the plank shield, the wooden shield completely outclassified the plank shield. The plank shield has less physical, fire, lighting, has the same weight as the wooden shield and has worst stability. The wooden shield also has the same parry timing as the plank shield. After all, there's no reason why to use this shield over the wooden shield or other shields that trivialize lightning enemies pretty well. I hate this shield.

    Before I get into number one spot, here are 3 dishonorable mentions from the shields that aren't horrible, but they are still bad.

    1.bonewheel shield: This has to be the worst greatshield ever in terms of blocking. The stats are so bad that you need to use this shield offensively rather than defensively. That said, it's spinning attack is kinda strong.

    2.cleansing greatshield: It's basicly a inferior version of the great of artorias. The great shield of artorias has higher stability and a 100% physical reduction. That's all I have to say about the cleaning greatshield.

    3.east west shield: The east west shield has the same problem as the plank shield. It has low stats, it doesn't trivialize most powerful enemies in the game and gets completely outclassed by the wooden shield. At least it's the lightest medium shield in the game.

    Warning: Rant

    🥇💩.knight shield:

    Base stats: Physical-100 Magic-30 Fire-60 Lightning-40 Stability-56 Weight-5.5 ––––––––– My personal question is "WHY THE LIVING HECK DOES THIS SHIELD EXIST!?" Oh good question, why does this shield exist? Is it supposed to troll unexperienced players? Since the fextralife wiki says it's a "noob trap." Yep. I actually check that on the wiki and it says it. Anyways, this shield needs to suck my demon spear. This shield is literally completely outclassified by any other medium and greatshield that has great fire resistances. For example, the heater shield, silver knight shield, black Knight shield, etc. Every single medium shield outclassifies the knight shield. Even a plank is better than a non existent shield. It's heavy, has low stats, and it's maximum stability is one of the worst for a medal shield of 66. This shield is actually made out of plastic rather than medal since both the large leather shield and the wooden shield ha 65 maxed stability. Just WWWHHHHYYYY!!!!???? I'll be better off blocking with my armored face rather than this!

    Rant over, I hope you enjoyed my list about the top 5 worst shields in DSR. If you got different opinions, make a top 5 worst shields in the comments section. Bye!

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment