• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Dark Souls I have never died to anor londo archers

    Dark Souls I have never died to anor londo archers


    I have never died to anor londo archers

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    I find them easy and the fact that people cant dodge the arrows is very confusing to me I find pinwheel harder then them and also if your still here and reading instead of frantically pressing downvote then realize that I am in denial and this is all a fucking lie. Dont know what happened I keep dying even though I have done this part multiple times without dying.

    submitted by /u/havaltherock
    [link] [comments]

    All Written Lore to the Entire Dark Souls Series

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/11dP6pi7OAFWrxG-_DBMQ_qkMblwxn4iIK-ghjDgjd9M/edit

    I made a post about a couple of weeks ago talking about the lore to the preface to DS1 and I enjoyed writing it so much that I decided to take a look at DS2 and DS3 along with all of the DLC.

    This is my compiled "bible" to the entire Dark Souls Series and it's lore.

    This is completed with the least amount of context needed to understand the full story as long as all pages and bullet points are read. Multiple readings will be needed to understand the story as some key points are made at the towards the end that influence the beginning.

    I hope you guys enjoy it as it was a project of mine that I've been working on for about a month now. It's definitely not perfect so feel free to correct me if anything seems wrong or if I'm missing anything.

    EDIT: To the people saying that there is a lot of head-cannon, that is very correct, but I believe with the facts presented, it is better than no explanation.

    submitted by /u/The-Duck-Overlord
    [link] [comments]

    You can fall down the well at Firelink -_-

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Petition to allow regular image posting on dark souls subs

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    I'm gonna be posting this on all the souls subs. It really doesn't make sense that we can't post images the normal way. It makes the sub a lot lense enjoyable. I also think it's bad for the health of the sub since just looking at an image takes extra steps.

    submitted by /u/LordTurn1p
    [link] [comments]

    Seath's tactic was actually pretty genius when you think about it.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Seriously, he was the only one that did anything meaningful in an attempt to stop us from getting all of the lord souls. While everyone else lost to the might or clever tactics of the chosen undead, Seath actively managed to keep out of our reach, not only kill us but, also somehow managed to divert us from spawning at our previous bonfire sending us directly to jail.

    He seemed to understand that you cannot kill us permanently and that eventually, we would come back and succeed at killing him. So, he decided to let us live forever in a prison cell, the fate that was originally meant for us in the Undead Asylum.

    The only thing that fucked him up was the incompetence of his underlings or even that one guy leaning against the cell he was supposed to be guarding with the key to said cell. Seriously, if it were a mechanic we could have just reached through the bars and taken it with ease.

    submitted by /u/MumpsTheMusical
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting finds in the dark souls 1 OST that most people probably already know

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    1. The Pinwheel OST has whispers of a man, a child and a woman in it, which is the father saying "I'm sorry", mother saying "It's all your fault.", and the child saying "Help". (NEEDS CONFIRMATION)
    2. The OST album is listed as the boss orders in a normal run. And Pinwheel is listed very early (the fifth OST). Which might signify the devs intended pinwheel as a early game boss, thus the easy difficulty.
    3. The OST of prologue is named prologue, the ending is named "nameless song", in dark souls 2 there is no OST called prologue and epilogue. In dark souls 3 there is no prologue, but the ending music is called "epilogue". Which means dark souls 3 is truly the ending of the dark souls series. (Just finished ds1 and just found this out while listening to all the soundtracks)

    Haven't played the other two games, just found out these facts about the ost that was interesting

    submitted by /u/Z1U5
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good or bad thing that I'm on ng+>200?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I got the black knight sword, and I feel guilty for using it.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    I feel like it makes the game too easy. I just fought the moonlight butterfly and killed it as soon as it flew down. Instantly.

    When I did my first play through, it took me like 7 tries to kill it.

    Will it "put the game in easy mode?"

    submitted by /u/Reddey13
    [link] [comments]

    An excerpt from a book I’m reading reminds me poignantly of a dear friend...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Confession: I can’t parry

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    I've beat the game a dozen times probably, got the platinum in DSR last week, and I've probably pulled off 2 successful parries in my life. If someone had a gun to my head and told me I had an entire playthrough and just had to parry once I'd probably just pull the trigger myself because it's not happening.

    It was bothering me and I had to get it off my chest

    submitted by /u/ethanburrito
    [link] [comments]

    An interesting particular found in the dlc

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    So I finished the dlc for the first time a few days ago exept for kalameet, I'll get to him in the next run I hope. Going down in the depths of Oolacile, right before taking the elevator that goes down I believe, there's a big room with a weird enemy that looks like a ball of corpses or a rotten big body, I dunno. In that room i noticed the statues on the sides and are extremely similar to Gwyndolin. They all have the magical branch staff, but the clothes are Gwyndolin's, not Dusk's. May it be that he had something to do with Oolacile's magic practices or that he was just wirshipped in there? He's the only deity that doesn't have a olace in Anor Londo after all, considered too repulsive and, also, he's born with a strong propensione for the moon energies, may be fitting that he may be worshipped in a reign like Oolacile that highly practices and incourages the practice of magic. He's my favourite character, but I see people doesn't talk about him a lot exept to link him to Seath or things like this e, but those statues are exactly the same found in DS3! Only the staff changes! The branch might just be a simbol of Oolacile itself or maybe was something he used around that place, I dunno. Tell me your thoughts, I just need to talk about this wonderful game! There should be an event to invite players back to play all together and bring life to it!

    submitted by /u/abductions_97
    [link] [comments]

    I like how Oolacile became Darkroot Garden and then Farron Keep.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    This subreddit NEEDS an FaQ

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I have seen a number of posts asking very basic things by more than one person. Just scroll down a bit from here and you will see what i mean. But not a megathread or similar where all these are answered. (preferably without spoilers)

    I get It, they're new players, that's great. But i really think that a FaQ would help with their doubts and not clatter the subreddit's timeline.

    submitted by /u/DelphosPlay
    [link] [comments]

    Cant believe I've been playing ds1 for so long and just tonight I found great magic barrier

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    I have stared at that spell so many times without knowing how to get it. Then tonight I was at ash lake to get my slab and explored the hallow tree and as I was leaving I saw a ledge to fall on. Scared the Dickens out of me doing that drop but it led to the spell. I hate drop puzzles lol

    submitted by /u/Darkknightjpw
    [link] [comments]

    O&S help!!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Hi there, I'm doing a no summon run (cos I got bad internet) and I'm stuck on Ornstein and Smough- first ever DS1 playthrough. I'm an STR build but I'm just getting smashed as soon as I get through the fog gate. I'm trying to split them up and work on Ornstein first but I'm not even coming close to beating them; their attacks and dodges seem to fast for me to get an attach in on them. Can people suggest some strats? How should I take them on? What weapons work well against them? Should I use a shield or no shield and roll? Any help much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Beanbag_shmoo
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire is a derp

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    So in my new play through on dark souls, I was going to lol O&S as usual, and I always summon Solaire (its kinda traditional) and I had so much confidence going into the boss room, but then suddenly Solaire didn't enter the boss room for no reason, he didn't die to the giants or anything he just stood outside the fog wall. He may be my favorite Dark Souls character ever, but he is definitely a major derp.

    submitted by /u/deadangel777777
    [link] [comments]

    Non-undead characters in DS 1?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Among humanoid characters either present or mentioned in DS 1, who if anyone is NOT undead?

    E.g. Andre of Astora? The Fandom wiki states, "Andre is one of the few characters that do not disintegrate when killed. This may be because he uses a unique model, or perhaps signifies he is not an Undead or monster."

    The Giants and Giant blacksmith?

    Are living humans numerous elsewhere in the world at this time? (I guess time is understood to be a palimpsest in Lordran, but maybe it still makes sense to ask. We did seem to be locked in the Asylum by the living.)

    Is there a connection between enemies' respawning/non-respawning status, and their Undead/Hollow status?

    Is the Undead status of deity-like figures such as Gwyn, Gwyndolin similar to our own protagonist's?

    submitted by /u/teffflon
    [link] [comments]

    Optimum Summoning Past O&S

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Playing on PS3, usually after O&S/Ariamis I don't see a lot of summon signs or get summoned, even following a recommended soul level. Is there anything I can do to boost my chances of being summoned? Also, I've read that you're more likely to be summoned by NG+ players at SL 120 since they're builds often cap out at around that level.

    Any help would be appreciated for that Jolly Cooperation!

    submitted by /u/Thuro_Pendragon
    [link] [comments]

    What are some broken or cheese builds?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    I've been playing this game for a while, and even though I tried to use 1H + shield in the early combats, I found that I enjoy 2H STR builds.

    I recently read a comment in YT that said something along the lines "Even though you've used a STR, good job". I haven't experienced much with the game, and I would like to know if STR is a cheap build, and what other cheap builds are there (I'm not trying them on my first playthrough, mabye in NG+). I saw a magic build that shredded bosses, so I guess magic is broken. And bow seems broken too in no-bosses fights.

    submitted by /u/DM_me_gift_cards
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1 remaster on PC help with item transfer

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Hello! So basically I mistakenly killed andre on my main character which I had reached the archives on, but I decided to make a new character. Could anyone help me transfer?

    submitted by /u/mightyburrito420
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feel really lost once they finish a playthrough?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    Once I finish a play-through (I don't rush, my last DS3 play-through took me 50 hours) I feel really lost, I feel like I've put all my time and effort into something and now it's done and I don't really have anywhere else to go, in life or in gaming. The feeling usually goes away and I don't touch dark souls for a while, then in a few months I come back and do it all over again.

    submitted by /u/yaboydeploys
    [link] [comments]

    I dubbed the opening video into Japanese!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Link to YouTube

    I was always annoyed that the Japanese version of the game still has English voices for the intro video, so I decided to dub it myself 😅

    submitted by /u/patrickauri
    [link] [comments]

    Comparing FromSoft’s success to Squaresoft in the 90s. (Mildly tangential)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Demon's Souls / Final Fantasy VI: Hugely original and innovative game that has something of a cult following but also waned in popularity over the years. Still extremely beloved.

    Dark Souls / Final Fantasy VII: The game that galvanized an industry, generating the most discussion and profit. Was way more popular than its predecessor and often claimed to be one of the most important games ever made.

    Dark Souls II / Final Fantasy VIII: The contentious one. There exists more nostalgia for it as time passes but it's generally agreed that it failed to live up to prior expectations. Better appreciated as its own entity and worth its flaws.

    Bloodborne / Chrono Trigger: Unanimous love and admiration for turning a concept on its head with just enough details changed to provide a new and unique experience. Many who aren't fans of the franchise are at least in love with this one.

    Dark Souls III / Final Fantasy IX: A huge love letter to the whole saga that doesn't offer much new or innovating but is so polished and charming that you can't help but love it.

    submitted by /u/EndOfTheDark97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment