• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    All Written Lore to the Entire Dark Souls Series

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I wish the head of Vengarl came to Majula

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Imagine how he would get there! Picked up by Chloanne maybe because she thought it was a cool stone. Or by Gilligan because he made a ladder from the body to the head?

    submitted by /u/Drewtality7
    [link] [comments]

    The Quest for the Illusory Rings. COMPLETED!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Question for the community.

    I have just completed the no death no bonfire run on NG+. I think my build was pretty great and honestly the run was fairly easy and straight forward. I never dropped below half health and only went through about 8% of my total consumables and items (repair powder, arrows, life gems). So my question is, is there still a player base who is interested in completing this run for the illusory rings and if so, would a walkthrough/guide utilizing the most current patches and updates be helpful and useful for those of you?

    submitted by /u/mrchooch2u
    [link] [comments]

    Why were many boss names changed before release?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    This has always intrigued me as I don't understand why some boss names got changed at the last minute as you can still see their old names mentioned in Shalquoir's dialogue. If you don't know what I'm talking about, The Old Iron King used to be called Ichorous Earth, Freja's original name was Writhing Ruin, the Looking Glass Knight used to be the Mirror Knight and The Rotten used to be called Gryth, The Rotten (confirmed by A German Spy who worked on the strategy guide). Any ideas why these names got changed drastically very late in the development of the game? They are not related to the much earlier version of the game which revolved around the pendulum of time, but were at some point present in the version of the game that we know today.

    submitted by /u/Bengoris
    [link] [comments]

    Am i the only one who really likes Elana? Even more than Sinh

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    I just find it more entertaining than Sinh because i don't like him flying around and the toxic clouds being on the arena for a long time. Sinh is still a good fight but i enjoy Elana more because it reminds me a little of O&S with Elana being the slow and hard hitting character while the Velstadt clone is the quick and agile character. I enjoy it more than most of the gank fights in this game.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    To my executioner

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Dear Calan2,
    Thank you for putting your summon sign outside the Pursuer area. I thought we worked really well together... you watched me get beat up by a royal swordsman before rallying and defeating him, and you dispatched the archer with your sorcery. I had a good feeling going into the Pursuer fight! In general it was a good bit of jolly co-operation, until you shot me in the back with the ballista and I died instantly. I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.
    Erszebet

    submitted by /u/civil_blight
    [link] [comments]

    I missed the ship on No Man's Wharf

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    I am an idiot, I just came back from Drangleic castle and I never noticed the bell before.

    Now I have to do all the things I missed at level 108

    submitted by /u/QuitBSing
    [link] [comments]

    Achievement question?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Do all the sorcerers have to be on the same account? Or can they be on 2 different playthrough? Say I have all except one pyromancies and the other account is already in ng++, can I get it on that one? Or do I have to do ng++ again?

    submitted by /u/The-True-Apex-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Is Return to Drangleic over yet?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    I have been a little late on the scene focusing on school and stuff. I really wanna have some jolly coop on this game as it feels lonely most of the time. So can I have a chance to play with everyone?

    submitted by /u/Slendykilly
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Apocrypha - Short Comic I made back in 2017

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    My first attempt at making a comic figured it's worth sharing now!

    [Imgur Link]( https://imgur.com/a/lTMLw )

    submitted by /u/Shadowfangs99
    [link] [comments]

    So I've honestly never had this problem before. But I can't connect to the servers to join in some jolly cooperation. Even though they are already connected to the servers. Anyone have any tricks that help the game not be dumb and connect?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Darklurker

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    In most areas, you kill the enemies enough times and they stop spawning. Is this the case for the three assholes in front of darklurker? I'm running out of effigys.

    submitted by /u/Up2KnowGood
    [link] [comments]

    So I’ve seen people using the rapier on a lot of streams/runs what’s so special about it?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Player Count?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Is sotfs still alive on xbox one? I could just have a bad soul memory for the area I'm in but I know ds2 has always been underplayed in comparison to the other games even though it's so great so maybe in 2020 the game is just dead for the most part.

    Anyways, if a couple fellas want to do some coop in a couple hours around maybe 5 or 6 EST (I'll also be playing for about another hour right now) I'm at the shaded ruins with a soul memory of 394,681

    submitted by /u/baconflapjack
    [link] [comments]

    Help duping souls and items?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I'm just trying to dupe some souls so I can make a 1 punch man character. Anyone down to help me dupe some souls/items? Sm 5.6 mil Edit: on xbox1

    submitted by /u/peepeepat
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a greatshield bash only build, where can i find a powerful greatshield?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    About Vendrick and Nashandra (spoiler alert)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Considering the considerable difference of power between them, is it feeling of heartbreak that prevented him from just wrecking her face?

    I mean, even when hollowed, he could crush her in less than a minute!

    Even if you think the difference in power is just because of boss design, her item descriptions clearly state she seeked him as a more powerful being that could help her achieve security or ambitions.

    Or did she spook him in bed with the true look and he was too traumatised?

    Please do not spoil the DLC for me, i'm just starting them from crown of the iron king

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice for a STR + Hex Build

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Last time I played (around 4 years ago), I went with a Mag + STR build and enjoyed using the Moonlight Greatsword.

    Now I want to play this game again, but experience some other spells and weapons. After looking around some posts, it seems a str/hex build could be quite fun. I have already read about which weapons etc people suggest. My questions are the following:

    • which starting class would be best? (Is deprived good?)
    • which gift is best? Petrified something or ascetic?
    • which stats should i prioritize?

    I dont really care about soul level, as i'll most likely tackle all bosses alone. So i dont need to be extra careful when leveling up stats. However, i'd like a progression that allows me to be versatile in spells/weapons, but still strong enough to beat the bosses. (Recently i replayed ds1 as hybrid faith/dex, and while the build was very good later on, the beginning was really hard)

    submitted by /u/Heavener
    [link] [comments]

    Best Soul Memory For Multiplayer

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Title just about says it all.

    I know after 45M you can play with anyone else over that level, but does anyone really play at that level? My highest character is maybe 29M, and kinda just walks through NG+. Going higher almost seems silly unless people are there.

    Is their a tier better for multiplayer lower down? I don't mind locking down my SM with the Agape ring if there is.

    submitted by /u/-YourDarkPriest-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment