• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 26, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Seath: The Most Intelligent Boss In Dark Souls

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Seath is awesome. Nuff said. Also, spoilers, if that would even apply to a game this old (and even then, if you don't want spoilers, why the hell are you on the subreddit? Reading this post, no less?).

    But seriously, this dude is smarter than any other boss.

    Allow me to explain;

    1. Seath is in a unique position among other bosses. He has forewarning that you're coming for him. (Yes, this is important) You take down Ornstein and Smough right outside his house after all. This gives him time to prepare.
    2. And prepare he does! Unlike the other bosses you fight, Seath plans for your inevitable showdown. He locks down his archives, to ensure you have no way of reaching the source of his immortality and he chooses where to fight you carefully, ensuring he has an enormous advantage. (You can't reach him with melee attacks)
    3. He understands that you are undead, and will probably continue trying to take him down forever, (which would severely hamper his ability to make fluffy waifus abominations waifus) And in order to counter this problem, he manages to lock you in a cell with a bonfire, ensuring you have no escape. No way out. Game over.
    4. And he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that stupid guard.

    After you escape his trap, you can see he's on the back foot. His snakey guards are unprepared to take you on. You even free other prisoners. (Logan and Sieglinde) But Seath is a sneaky boi. He stays in the same spot, going against the rules that every other boss has set up. For once, your job isn't to take down the boss, but to find his weakness.

    Of course, you eventually find his shiny cave and his magic crystal. At which point he has no choice but to take you head-on, and we all know how well that went for him. Still, he tried.

    Good job Seath.

    submitted by /u/edundantfly
    [link] [comments]

    The Four Kings Creep Me Out

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Its some mix of their size, the fact that there's no floor below you to hide their model extending into the nothing, or the way they fly right up to you. The four kings give me the absolute heebie jeebies.

    submitted by /u/PrinceOfBreath1984
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls is a perishable skill.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:45 AM PST

    I have hundreds of hours on DSR (switch) and considered myself to be a pretty solid player, multiple builds, and hours of PVP every morning. Then my daughter learned to walk....

    Then my son was born and everything took a backseat to my children (rightfully so)

    I decided to play this morning, and was immediately taken back by how hard the game was after a few months off. I had to relearn EVERYTHING.

    Feeling demotivated now, it doesn't seem as fun as it did.

    submitted by /u/LidgChris
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls and Life

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:55 PM PST

    I feel that Dark Souls as a game is very metaphorical because it creates challenges that seem almost impossible to overcome just like life. At some point you just want to give up and you feel like trying is just pointless. You become so overwhelmed with these stressful situations that are keeping you from moving forward. However, you keep trying once more, and when you think you've lost all hope you finally succeed. Then you become stronger, smarter, wiser, and you know that it is possible, that those adversities that life puts upon you are possible to defeat. It's a very beautiful way to encourage people to never give up and honestly maybe that is the reason why I love it so much...

    submitted by /u/Kat_Germ
    [link] [comments]

    From Cooperation to Betrayal to Friendship

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 08:39 AM PST

    In Dark Souls: Remastered I recently discovered the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant and decided to invade the guilty. When I invaded I met with a Dark Spirit caster at the staircase and they dropped a Balder Side Sword and pointed at it, instructing me to pick it up. I did so and bowed properly.

    We messed around outside; we used gestures and tried to attack the Darkmoon NPC's that guarded the outside of Anor Londo before Ornstein and Smough as we waited for the guilty player to arrive.

    After a few minutes, we headed up to the Sun Princess' chamber to look for the guilty player; we headed back to the nearest Bonfire. At the top of that connecting staircase, I was unexpectedly back-stabbed by the dark spirit, died and returned to my world.

    After a couple of minutes I received a Steam friend request of the individual who vanquished me. He told me that he felt bad about his decision because he said the host of that world died literally thirty seconds later after my death. I accepted his apology and we became friends; we discussed our builds in other Dark Souls games, other strategies, etc., and he even recommended a Souls-like game called Salt and Sanctuary that I may check out. Lastly, this user used proper grammar and punctuation which is a rare sight for me. We may play some sessions later down the line.

    His last message had this before I went to bed (paraphrasing here, but it's Solaire and it's hilarious):

    \(T)/

    This game may still have its bugs, flaws, exploits, and run-of-the-mill backstabbers, but it also has diamonds in the rough, and this was one of those moments.

    submitted by /u/Chickenthang47
    [link] [comments]

    250 Drakes...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:20 PM PST

    I killed 250 Drakes today just to get my covenant requirement and it only solidified my position that they are the worst enemies for me by far. I made another post about getting dragon scales and was told they can Bleed, which was a godsend. After countless passes killing all 6 I was able to get 25 scales. I was tired of doing it over and over and got some of the Dragon Scales on the way to the Everlasting Dragon. 250 Drakes to get 25 Scales with a 410 drop rate.

    submitted by /u/LetsGetKraken6411
    [link] [comments]

    I, as a first time player, have never got angry up until this point...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:21 AM PST

    I am an extremely dilligant person and it's very rare that I rage in video games, but THIS SHIT, THIS SHIT: https://i.imgur.com/mDGcXl5.png

    Goddamn, I fucking LOVE this game, what a piece of shit.

    P.S any tips would be lovely

    EDIT: Wow, solaire made that the easiest thing I've done in the game. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/coolfunkDJ
    [link] [comments]

    Barehanded asylum demon

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:26 AM PST

    I just defeated the Asylum demon barehanded. I'd love to say ledt handed too but doing 1 dmg per hit seemed a bit much. I didn't even use the straight sword hilt for that extra atrong attack dmg. 45 mins of sweat and fears. he hit me once when he was at 3/4 health but I persevered! using the black fire bombs to kill him always seemed a bit too easy to me. often when I'd use them I'd use 3 and take down the rest of his health on my own. Such a satisfying Victory! Best of luck skeletons!

    submitted by /u/LynxBartle
    [link] [comments]

    My first time dark souls

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:05 AM PST

    Guys today is the day i got myself the first dark souls (ds1 remastered). Ive never played any of those games but the myths behind the games just took me try it on my own wish me luck

    submitted by /u/paddy_20
    [link] [comments]

    If there's one thing these games have taught me, it's to never stop paying attention.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:24 PM PST

    The amount of times I've died from looking at my phone or something else is embarrassing, lmao

    submitted by /u/0fallen_hunter0
    [link] [comments]

    +10 Halberd, can I use this to go up against Sif?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    I'm currently stuck in Anor Londo having to deal with the two Silver Knights with Greatbows, they keep on killing me and I feel I may as well get stronger in other ways

    Would it be possible for me to kill Sif with my highest upgraded weapon? Would it be possible for me to kill that giant chaos centipede or eventually that Bed of Chaos thing? I know last time I was in those areas I think I was near where it was

    Think it'd be advisable for me to try reentering the Undead Asylum(though I'm not sure how yet)?

    I know its more of a test of skill and intelligence, but I feel like finishing other parts before this, though kinda inconvenient that there's no fast travel

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    Can there be multiple vagrants spawned at once?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:03 AM PST

    So here's a thing - what would happen if a large group of players would gather with a massive amount of humanities in the stock and start repeatedly dying with 5 humanities at a time?

    If say 1000 people, with 25000 humanities in total, would execute that idea the same day, would the rest of the players in the game suffer the 5000 vagrants infestation?

    WHY NOT DO THAT

    submitted by /u/ddplf
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck at the Capra Demon! Need Help!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:53 AM PST

    I asked one of my friends to borrow me his copy of Dark Souls Remaster for the Switch, It was all going well, I even was able to beat the Asylum Demon in my first try. When I got to a tough fight I would ask that friend to beat for me and he would gladly help, how foolish I was, I had been unaware of his true intentions. His plan was to help so I could get to the Capra Demon faster and enjoy my suffering, and now I'm stuck! Could any of you guys help?

    submitted by /u/Voonterrex20
    [link] [comments]

    I'm continuing my run where I'm playing through Dark Souls with the map disabled (meaning I can't see the environment). Here's episode 3!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Dark Souls Mapless: Episode 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip2lzOQtcoI

    Technical issues forced this episode into being an offline, let's-play sort of thing (at least for now). Though I miss the live interaction I think this makes for a better watch, with the editing and what not.

    Episode 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLTdHgYBI98

    Episode 2 (frequent lag and stream freezes, sorry):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2D_HWZr2nQ

    submitted by /u/illusorywall
    [link] [comments]

    Grant any good?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:18 AM PST

    Im doing a paladin cosplay and was wondering if the grant was any good? Also is it possible to make the grant raw? cuz i wanna make it raw until i manage to meet the 2 handed requirements.

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    I just got to Sen’s Fortress and I’m starting to think everything up until now has just been a big joke.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:10 PM PST

    am i only one that finds the Man Serpents in sens fortress and seath's dungeon cute af?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:51 PM PST

    they look so stupid with there long necks especially when climbing that ladder in seaths dungeon

    submitted by /u/ThatSharkinTheWell
    [link] [comments]

    Is leveling faith worthy?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Hi, I'm on my first run of dark souls, at the beginning I chooses my class cluelessly of what was the game. Now I'm at blighttown and I've VIT, END, STR, DEX around level 20 and faith at 12.

    Now as you may imagine I'm quite strong in short range but also very weak when it comes to long range. Should I level faith to obtain the lighting spear from solaire? Should o stay like this?

    submitted by /u/mamiglia
    [link] [comments]

    Displacement of roles

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 03:21 PM PST

    So my first instinct when playing all the DS games was that light = good, dark = bad. However, after playing the games, reading and listening to lore, I noticed a very intriguing theme, which is the displacement of good and evil. Mind you, good and evil are very subjective topics to begin with, but just bear with me.

    Basically, the more I got into it, the more I was convinced that the biggest oopsie that happened was Gwyn himself. Styled as the Lord of Sunlight, having a splendid royal family, a maginificent city, the spiel of keeping the flame lit. All these things I would usually associate with goodness. However, Usurpation of the Flame ending in DS3, Izalith in DS1 and various hints in between made me go back on that opinion. He commited the first sin by linking the fire, thus creating the undead curse, often being called a shackle (Kaathe, Vendrick and Aldia come to mind). Then there is Izalith. Sure, it was folly that spawned the idea, but in the end, didn't the Bed of Chaos sort of regain some semblance of control over Chaos, going so far as for the demons establish some form of society? But Gwyn had to march in, punch 'em, take some demons for himself (Stray Demons, those Winged Bat folks) and screw things over.

    Then there's the Fair Lady and the whole Daughters of Chaos thing. First, the spider thing turned me off, but then I learned more about the Fair Lady, her relationship with her sister. Plus that moment in DS3 when you find that is presumably Quelana with ther sister. Damn. Made me feel more sadness and empathy and the entirety of Gwyn's lineage.

    Then there are the downthrodden hollows of Londo (DS3) and how they rejoice in the Usurpation ending, hoping for the place to become whole. Then the story of the Pygmy Lords in the Ringed City.

    I am not saying that all of the theories I read are true or valid. What I am trying to bring across is that this game made me reconsider certain symbolism. As someone who is anti-dark and anti-demons, I actually felt sorry and empathetic towards the whole Izalith story and the hollows, because they were all victims to circumstances beyond their own power to control. On the flipside, the figure that stood for things I'd generally see on a positive light was far more worthy of indignation than most others. In the end, what he was is a selfish tyrant that feared anything that could be a threat.

    I thought that aspect was well done and personally reminded me that actions and circumstance need to be examined far closer than appearance and symbolism. Something that should be quite obvious, but is rather quickly forgotten in the distractions of daily life.

    submitted by /u/corny40k
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of you played through most of the game on a new character using the Greataxe?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:13 PM PST

    I have. It's an awful experience. Extremely slow swing speeds and, with how poise works in this game, you're not hyper armoring through anything unless you invest to level 40 endurance (on a new character) and wear Havel's ring and FAP, so that way you can equip armor and the shit weapon itself. On top of that the range is extremely small. I've whiffed so many attacks, seemingly right next to my target. This is probably the least favorite Dark Souls character I have tried ever on any soulsgame. Fuck the Greataxe.

    submitted by /u/MeIsJustAnApe
    [link] [comments]

    Performance on Switch

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:48 AM PST

    Was thinking of getting dsr for the switch and I was wondering how the frame rate handles especially in blight town?

    submitted by /u/WetClothV
    [link] [comments]

    I need souls or if anyone needs help so i can get souls [switch] [remastered]

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:43 AM PST

    Who needs help dark souls remastered switch

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:27 AM PST

    Who needs help fighting chaos witch quelaag

    submitted by /u/imortal192539
    [link] [comments]

    The Abyss, and "the sunken city" are a reivindication of how good the atmosphere of this game is

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Good night, everyone,

    Formerly, I was an avid player of this game, to the extent of trying to complete it at it's fullest, of course. After doing it succesfully, I had nothing more to do in the game, and stopped playing it since a good time.

    However, everytime that I played the game, and had to go to an area like The Abyss, or that city that was sunken, and you could "drain the water" somehow, it was amazing for me; not because they we're solely beatiful, but also, they evoked misery; you could feel it in the ambient. Besides that, these areas we're scary for me; the atmosphere of the game dragged me a lot.

    Those are the only areas that I can remember that gave me diverse emotions and feelings; they were cool for that. When I had to play against the Four Kings over and over again... the battle arena was infinite, dark, and the same time, terrorific, honestly.

    "The sunken city", which name I can't recall right now, it was a very nice experience; it was like, If I were, exactly, in the game, passing through the ruins of an elder place.

    Finally, I know that, there are a lot of games that evoke a pretty good ambient, but I wanted to share my little experience that I had in those places while playing this game... and these were not the only ones, of course.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Garkenful
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment