• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Rate messages as much as you can...remember it gives the person whom placed it an extra Estus which is always helpful and could be crucial.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:23 AM PST

    I had forgotten this and now if I take the time to read it, unless it's really annoying I always rate it.

    submitted by /u/ksnizzo
    [link] [comments]

    To the people purposefully leaving bloodstains in innocent areas to scare new players, I want to say...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:11 PM PST

    Fine job, skeletons!

    submitted by /u/Selacha
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic Invasion Musings

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    I gotta say, at 1,5M (PC), the game feels almost like around launch: I've been getting instant back to back invasions in Forest of Fallen Giants, No Man's Wharf, Lost Bastille, Huntsman's Copse, Shaded Woods etc. Especially FoFG has been really active, and of course the late game areas were even busier.

    Also, got my first hacker kill of the week in the Wharf: dude had infinite hp, but gravity did the trick as usual lol.

    Luckily I got fewer DCs today than yesterday, the highlight being one mage who was hiding at first and when I found him, he did literally nothing but run around the level in circles, trying to shake me off his tail by jumping off ledges with the cat ring etc.

    I thought he was just goofing around, so I went along with it: slapped on the cat ring and participated in the cat and mouse parkour fun.

    However, when I finally got him down to 1 hit from death, he disconnected. Ofc I got him again the very next invasion* for an exact repeat of the first, complete with the DC. It was hilarious but in hindsight, I don't think he was actually having fun after all lol.

    Either way, it's been a highly entertaining few days of near constant invasions. It's so much fun finding end game builds in early game areas, just like whenever a Souls game is new and everyone runs around with meta SL characters. I just hope some of the bigger pvp streamers would participate to draw an even bigger crowd.

    *PSA: if you don't want pvp, just play offline or jump off a cliff/let the invader kill you because a DC is not only a pussy move, it resets the invasion cooldown timer, so you'll get invaded again as soon as you log in, whereas if they kill you or you die during the invasion (e.g. to gravity or pve), you get a grace period when you can't get invaded. Or you could burn an effigy to prevent invasions for 30 min.

    To all the brave hosts, whites, sunbros, and blues: ggs, it's been a blast.

    submitted by /u/Jinxed_Scrub
    [link] [comments]

    Classic RPG themed run

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Hey is anyone interested in doing a 3 person coop run of DS2 with classic RPG themed characters? (PC)

    Tank: big shield and weapon, slow but hard to kill, focuses on drawing agro.

    Rogue: light nimble and able to damage from any range, uses daggers and bows, focus on damage

    Cleric: usually avoids combat, provides team with buffs and heals and helps draw agro if needed

    submitted by /u/Joelexion
    [link] [comments]

    Brotip: Infinite human effigies for NG+ and beyond

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:51 AM PST

    So you never have to use the ring of binding again, and if you're like me and you pop one after pretty much every one or two deaths. After completing a ng cycle, you'll have a lot of ascetics. You can farm them endlessly too after killing the darklurker. Drop rates are very high on the enemies. Get as many as you see fit. Then go to the very first forest of giants bonfire (the one with the ogre) and there's a respawning chest with 5 human effigies inside. You will not get the ascetic back, so that's why you need to farm a little bit, besides buying them all from different npcs. The area is pretty much irrelevant to get to ng+7, mobs will still be super weak and you can just cast yearn anyway.

    This way you can get as much human effigies as you like, whenever you need some.

    submitted by /u/ikws
    [link] [comments]

    to the person who showed me places i didnt know existed in the gutter

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:18 AM PST

    hey man. im sorry u had to die like that and i really hope u have reddit and are in here cuz i didnt catch ur name:( just wanted to say thank u

    pc sotfs, name: sunbro

    submitted by /u/souljatearz
    [link] [comments]

    Beat my first Souls game thanks to this community. Long, rambly post.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    It's a shame I didn't start playing during Return to Drangleic as it would have helped a lot, hahaha. I started 3 months ago and it was a tough learning curve as many had warned about, especially coming from Dragon's Dogma where I could be far more cavalier. I got SotFS on PS3 and realized some stuff was different from other platforms, like no Llwellyn set and Vengarl's body in its original location near the primal bonfire. But as paranoid and tense as it all made me to explore using only maps and written walkthroughs, I had a blast.

    It probably didn't help that I was a swordsman the whole playthrough, but it definitely forced me to understand distance and movement without a shield to rely on (that damn Chariot battle...). So many noob mistakes, so many stupid deaths from things like rolling off a ledge. It's such a lonely world, too, so I was always happy when I was able to summon an NPC (Lucatiel </3 Benhart!).

    I was only invaded twice, once in the FoFG (a respectful guy that bowed after he killed me) and again in Drangleic Castle in the room full of Ruin Sentinels (a guy in the clown mask that kept doing the mock gesture after killing me, haha).

    Thanks to you all, I learned that I could 2 shot the Pursuer with the ballista, which was sweet revenge after he glide-smacked me around a couple times. I read that I should focus on attacking the club-wielding side of the Flexile Sentry, which definitely helped as my movement was slowed by the rising water. Everyone said to set fire to the windmill to make the Mytha fight easier, especially if I allowed Thomas to light her up (that damn clown backstabber, invading me later >_> I was always suspicious of Magerold after that when I read theories he was Thomas).

    I really loved how flexible you could be with your build and tactics. Some things people said worked great for them didn't work at all for me. Sometimes it was a random comment that would end up saving my ass. Against the Ancient Dragon, that was definitely the case. "When he flies up, run towards the tail/far away" was the tactic I tried a dozen times, then I read a few posts saying that they stabbed in between his back toes, and would ping pong back and forth when he stomped. That did the trick as he didn't fly at all when I did that (though he did torch me once when I wasn't far out enough when he did his fire breath to his balls attack ._.).

    Alonne frustrated me so much because the timing I had been accustomed to would get me diced since he had those slight delays before attacking. Again, one random comment that said to roll towards his left ended up getting me through the fight.

    But the two that made me rage and hammerfist my thigh after every defeat? Fume Knight (or Spatula Knight as I called him when recounting my tales of fails to an amused friend, because he'd swat me around with that big ass sword) and Blue Smelter Demon (AKA Big Blue Bastard, or BBB). Both of those fights just came down to being able to read their attacks and knowing when I could down some Sunny D (but that's pretty much for every enemy, heh. I know, I just had to get good).

    Though there was that son of a glitch Maldron. I told myself that I'd kill everything and unlock all the secret rooms, but that first fight against him made me really want to reconsider. And again, thanks to the community I learned that I could just run down and break the statue, kill everything, then go back up and kill him so that when he ran away I could stay on him like the shadow of Death without worry about getting violated by all the other enemies. The second time I saw him and he waved, I was like fuck you and backstabbed him right away {:D

    Despite how tough and seemingly unfair the game could be, once I "got it," I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge that forced me to grow as a player.

    EXCEPT HORSEFUCK VALLEY. FUCK THAT PLACE. Hearing those unicorns charging up to me in a blizzard was like hearing slay bells ringing. I summoned both NPCs for a while, thinking the numbers would help, BUT IT DIDN'T REALLY HELP WHEN 2 OR EVEN 3 OF THOSE ASSHOLES ROLLED UP. The first time I got to the boss gate, all 3 of them ran across that bridge and Black Friday trampled us into oblivion. When I eventually managed to get to Zallen and Lud again I was like, "...DAMMIT, I didn't send the NPCs back!" and they Fancy Feasted on us. Then I tried going alone, not moving when the blizzard kicked up because supposedly I wouldn't be violated then. But I was violated anyway -_-

    Then finally, again thanks to a comment, I went to the opposite side of the area, hugging the wall all the way to the boss gate. It said you'd still fight unicorns, but it would only be 1 at a time, which was a relief. But even when I got to the gate I thought, "If they fuck me up again, I'm done. I'm not trekking through this 7th level of hell in an optional area." But thankfully I killed them (using a fire-infused Mirrah GS as one of my swords. Thank you, Lucatiel ;_;) and so I was done. (Done-ish. I didn't want to grind for 50 Loyce souls just to talk to Alsanna for stuff I didn't want >_>).

    I went back to Things Betwixt to see the old ladies and housekeeper. I walked back to Majula, then talked to all the NPCs that ended up gathered there (and I smacked Licia's tombstone because fuck her too), bowed to them, then went back to that first fire and looked out to the horizon. I don't have the time to go to NG+ even though it would be fun with all the gear and knowledge I have now, but for these past 3 months it was quite an adventure. You all helped me get through the game and I want to end this giant post with the comment that made me actually LOL: "Maybe the real Moonlight Greatsword were the friends we made along the way."

    submitted by /u/hughmann01
    [link] [comments]

    Jester Thomas

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    To the jester who i summoned by mytha the baneful queen today thanks a million really bro i was stuck on her for ages (i need to git gud) but he was able to deal insane damage and finish her for me so thank you

    Edit 1: i now realise that helpful thomas is in fact an npc so thanks for the info i never summon so didnt realise this

    submitted by /u/Supersaiya13
    [link] [comments]

    [Speedrun] Any% Current Patch in 50:21 RTA No Load (World Record) by fierywyvern

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:36 AM PST

    What's your highest rated message?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    You can partially check by looking at your written message history from the menu bar. I say "partially" because it doesn't list every single one you've ever written.

    submitted by /u/homingmissile
    [link] [comments]

    I ran backwards through things betwixt

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:28 AM PST

    So I'm doing a no bonfire run, and forgot to go to dyno and tilla to drop my stones off, so I had to run back to get to them.

    Doesn't sound very interesting, but hear me out.

    First, running through the cave backwards looked familiar, but disconcerting as it wasn't the same perspective I've run through a million times.

    Next when I emerged back to Things Betwixt, I've never felt such an uncomfortable twitch in my fingers as my muscle memory for running the forward route kicked in.

    I almost fell off a few times cuz my fingers just wanted to do the movement pattern I use to run through. Which I've been doing a lot lately cuz no bonfire run brings you back to the character spawn when you homeward none.

    Every single time I made I turn I had to consciously fight my thumbs from inadvertently moving the opposite direction.

    Shit was weird. Anyway that's all.

    Good luck, skeletons!

    submitted by /u/420SexHaver420
    [link] [comments]

    Merchant Hag Melentia is a liar! Spoilers

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:30 AM PST

    When we exhaust her dialogue she says, "next time we meet I have a bargain for you." When we meet her in majula I haven't noticed any particular "bargains" but what I do see is that the price of the bright bugs jumps from 6k-48k! What kind of a bargain is that?!?! Do they increase in price as you progress through the game? I've started buying them in the forest just to not get stuck paying an arm and a leg later, but I usually go and buy up all the random but helpful items at the end before ng+. Am I crazy or just not observant? Tell me if you've noticed.

    submitted by /u/PipPopAnonymous
    [link] [comments]

    Message build

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    Imagine making a build that relies on message ratings. Just going through an area getting healed constantly with likes. Someone should try it out.

    submitted by /u/Withered_Warrior
    [link] [comments]

    Finally!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:04 PM PST

    I finally killed pursuer the first time you meet him. Also, I parried him with a crimson Parma!! (I suck at parrying)

    I am so fucking happy I did this. Now- I think I might try to continue doing a NDNB run again

    submitted by /u/Lord_Sneck
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU when i lit this brazier in the Undead Crypt

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Now there are invaders everywhere... And i was just celebrating finally getting through the torturous Shrine of Amara

    submitted by /u/ZinniAzalea
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Remake

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:51 PM PST

    If you could change something in DS2 for a supposed remake, what would you do differently from the original?

    submitted by /u/Zacharie_L_Davies
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Souls game? Vote!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Jolly cooperation

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:48 AM PST

    I would like to thank the two people that helped me through Heide a tower of flame and if they use this reddit Moon I killed the dragon slayer on my second try. Lion thanks buddy. The only enemy I can easily beat in this area is the old knight with sword and shield.

    submitted by /u/NameHard
    [link] [comments]

    Frozen Eleum Loyce PVP

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:53 AM PST

    How come barely anyone duels at the bridge right before the entrance to Eleum Loyce. I mean the bridge is a lot bigger and wider than Iron Keep. I get that for the Dragon Remnants that Iron Keep is convenient because Magerold is right there. Or that everyone might not have the DLC but even on SOTFS it can seem rather dead. Just a question I'd thought I ask.

    submitted by /u/UndeadBxb95
    [link] [comments]

    Power stancing is wack

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:37 PM PST

    Why in the world does ricard's rapier power stance with the uchigatana?? And the strong attack is the dagger power stance strong attack? What other wacky power stances am I yet to find?

    submitted by /u/manmanboyboyman_555
    [link] [comments]

    Get Gud before the Throne of Want

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:43 PM PST

    Because if you're to die in the throne room, it's approximately 1.2 million steps down that insane walkway, according to my Fitbit +10

    submitted by /u/proud2knowya
    [link] [comments]

    Brighstone Cove Tseldora is Crystal Cave from DS1

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:31 AM PST

    Hear me out. The crystal that all the undead are mining is actually from the crystal cave. Over millenia, the amount of crystal in the cave has been mined and reduced to what we see now. This explains the dukes archives, which are seath the dukes archives. It also explains all the references to the great pale one by man's orion tarkus, who seems to have been created by seath. Also freyja drops seaths soul in ng+. The dead dragon in freyjas arena is possibly seath.

    submitted by /u/azelda
    [link] [comments]

    Died after killing unique NPC invader

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:00 PM PST

    I literally saw gutter denizen's unique set on the ground as I died. It's not reappearing and I have to acetic and light everything again just for the chance of getting it again.

    Fml.

    submitted by /u/Crossaxl
    [link] [comments]

    Name-Engraved ring

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:28 AM PST

    I dont know if this happened to somebody before or if it says so somewhere but when I used this ring and tried to summon a Npc phantom the Summon signal didnt appear (doesnt matter what area I went) and when I unequipped it the signals appeared. Does this happened to someone else or is it a bug?

    submitted by /u/Megarodri2005
    [link] [comments]

    God why

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    DS1 - platinum NG+3 DS3 - platinum NG+4 BB - platinum NG+3

    Yet I still can't beat Sir Allone..🙃 Seriously though what the actual fuck is that delayed attack

    submitted by /u/buncek301
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment