• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This game ruined video games for me

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

    I finished it just less than a week ago, and I haven't gotten over it at all.

    I was so enamored by the ending, the music, the character, the world, hell I even adore Lost Izaleth and The Catacombs, and I haven't been able to get this game out of my head.

    Tried playing Sekiro, and couldn't even muster the motivation to put effort into the Genichiro fight or progress the game.

    Hell I even tried to play Dark Souls 2 so I could finally finish off the trilogy of DS games, and literally everything feels like a lesser version of DS1 (No offence to people who love that game) but the hitboxes, sound design, UI etc all seemed like a downgrade.

    Bloodborne is my all time fav game, but DS1 has left me completely empty feeling when I attempt to play any other game, which Bloodborne was never able to do.

    This game is a masterpiece and I can't put into words how fantastic it is.

    I understand the hype now.

    submitted by /u/AjufDia
    [link] [comments]

    To the bastard that invaded and killed my deathless run character named "Deathless"

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 07:31 AM PST

    After two weeks and many rage quits, i finally beat Ornstein & Smough on SL1.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:05 AM PST

    It all started about 5 weeks ago. I challenged a friend to complete Dark Souls at SL1, and of course, it was a mistake on my behalf, once i made it to O&S, i thought i was done for, i was miserable, and streaming it meant i couldnt exactly rage quit every 5 minutes, so i ended up spending hours trying to fight them, and kept failing, getting more tilted - but i eventually snapped, i stopped playing Dark Souls for over a week, i had to clear my mind, and i was sure i wouldn't go back to my SL1 save.

    Fast forward to last night..

    While streaming trying to invade people for fun at SL120, I decided to try invade on my SL1 save, when i realised invading at SL1 in Anor Londo wasnt going to be an option, I, out of boredom, started fighting the Sentinals in the pre-O&S room.

    When I noticed I had cleared the two Sentinals and the Black Knight Archer, I thought "fuck it", and tried Ornstein & Smough, not caring whether i died or not, as i figured i was finished trying on this save.

    What fucking happens? I defeated them with ease, first try, and without using any Estus.

    I'm mad. I'm genuinely pissed. More pissed than i was after my 50 attempts of Sen's Chucklefuck funhouse..

    Ps. This is only my second playthrough ever, this game is amazing.

    submitted by /u/Captain_WACK_Sparrow
    [link] [comments]

    How an invader helped me solo O&S

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 06:24 AM PST

    As soon as I got into Anor Londo some bastard invaded me and kept dodging around and hiding behind NPC enemies until he was out of estus, and then when I finally killed him, my thrust attack went through him and into Solaire, and since I hadn't killed O&S yet I couldn't travel back to the parish to speak to the priest of Velka.

    I was out of estus and needed to rest, so the only way to continue was to kill my old friend, the warrior of sunlight. Even though I had to, and even though it was about to happen anyway, it still sucks that it happened, especially after also fucking up the firekeeper's quest.

    Without Solaire, I had to go do the Ornstein and Smough fight myself, and I was intimidated. Using the crystal halberd I picked up right here in town, I went into the fight and poked Ornstein every time he attacked, and then once Smough went lightning mode I just his behind the pillars and poked him as well, winning on my second try.

    I probably wouldn't have had the courage to fight O&S solo if it weren't for that invader, but that doesn't excuse the fact that my man Solaire is dead as fuck. RIP my man.

    submitted by /u/hrogi
    [link] [comments]

    I did it! I beat Ornstein and Smaugh!

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Boy was that fight difficult. I ended up using the crystal halberd on ornstein and then the lightning spear on smaugh. At the end i ran out of Estus and started using humanity to heal, which was pretty stressful.

    submitted by /u/aggresivegerbil
    [link] [comments]

    Off to Sens today

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:55 AM PST

    I have died more times to Moonlight Butterfly than the following....

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Capra Demon Bell Gargoyles Asylum Demon Taurus Demon Abyss Watchers Oceiros Cursed Rotted Greatwood Old Demon King Lady Maria

    ... that Summoning Sign for Witch Beatrice is very well hidden.

    submitted by /u/mootilated
    [link] [comments]

    Made a twitter bot that praises a random sunrise every day \[T]/

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 01:03 PM PST

    https://twitter.com/PraiseSunrise just a little spare time project I thought would be kinda fun

    submitted by /u/ZaedricR
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to say

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    That I was fighting Nito yesterday and I got parried by one of his little skeletons so yeah

    submitted by /u/bhubbz_17
    [link] [comments]

    I am now dual-wielding Ricard's Rapiers

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 06:58 PM PST

    I always wanted to be a sunbro, but never did a faith build until now, where I combined it with dex because I heard sunlight blade and Ricard's is a really good combo. I was in Anor Londo, doing my duty when my summoner and I are waiting for his second summon, he drops an item for me, a second Ricard's Rapier. Now the gears are turning, Sunlight Blade Ricards+15 in the right, Occult Ricards+5 in the left, combined with Great lightning spear, WotG, and TwoP, I'll be a menace in PvP! If only PvP on switch was more than Giant Dads and Havels...

    submitted by /u/MatPat_for_President
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a monster

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 11:49 PM PST

    So this is my first playthrough and I didnt know that your actions determined the outcome of Solaire, and i feel so bad, I didnt know that he could turn evil or whatever happened

    submitted by /u/Hypotenuse27
    [link] [comments]

    what kind of ember do i need to ascend the black night sword?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:49 AM PST

    Summoning Problems

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    I tried to play with a guy and he wans´t able to see my summon sign. DS Remastered on Nintendo Switch both. Matchmarking global. Internet was working because I leaved a message in the ground and he was able to see it, password was the same, he was human and didn´t killed the area boss and the SL doens´t matter with passwords as I understand. Idk what we are missing, we try in different places and even 2 different zones for more than 1 hour and didn´t work.

    submitted by /u/malilong
    [link] [comments]

    Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:53 AM PST

    DS3 was my first game and now I'm on DS1. I finally rang that 2nd bell down below. Also I now understand why everyone loves the layout of DS1, it's all connected in such a cool way! But now I'm at Sen's Fortress and I just cannot get through it... any tips?

    submitted by /u/waschmybusch
    [link] [comments]

    Killed havel with pyromancy +10 fire orb today

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:37 AM PST

    Hey I managed to kill havel with 5 fire orbs and the gress crast shield by blocking and dodging till he put his shield on his back, and then I just hurled a fire orb at him I did miss one though.

    submitted by /u/Stannisarcanine
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows the music in the Remaster lunch trailer?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:25 AM PST

    What's the approximate level range to complete a build but still be pvp active?

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 10:56 PM PST

    Artorias easy buff cancel

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 11:50 AM PST

    I just started playing Dark Souls remastered and was playing a high dex pyromancer. I have the chaos blade +5 and the gold hemmed set. When I came to the artorias fight, the main problem was I couldn't break his powerup with the chaos blade in time. It just didn't have enough poise break. So after dying about 10 times I looked up online. Everything there was either about high strength/different weapon oriented strategies. USE FUCKING THROWING KNIVES TO POISE BREAK ARTORIAS. Dual wield whatever weapon you have and learn his patterns. After that it's easy.

    Just leaving this out here because it took me a lot of experimentation to figure it out myself.

    submitted by /u/mvp317
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] I first-Tried Sif. I don’t know how to feel.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:01 AM PST

    I feel happy, but sad at the same time. It's weird. No game has ever made me ever feel like this before.

    And also, New Londo or Tomb of the Giants first?

    submitted by /u/D3admemes21
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: Depths or Catacombs?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 01:11 AM PST

    So, I'm running my first blind(ish) playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered. I have never played the original DS before, only Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. While those two were quite linear, the OG seems to be WAY more explorative and interlinked. It's pretty crazy and overwhelming actually.

    At the moment I am stuck between two areas; The Depths and Catacombs. Two places that are, coincidentally, underground and full of nightmares. My level is good enough to tackle both at this stage I think. Which do you suggest I tackle first? I keep dying to the frikking Basilisks in the Depths and Purging Stones are still too expensive to stock up on them to be careful and I've run through the Catacombs three times and still didn't get to a bonfire haha. What do you suggest?

    submitted by /u/mootilated
    [link] [comments]

    Sl135 flip CB tips

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 09:19 PM PST

    How do I punish katanas, curved swords, curved greatswords, and regular greatswords with a dark wood grain ring Chaos Blade build? I am playing on the remasterd edition.

    submitted by /u/Cum_on_ya_mums_tits
    [link] [comments]

    First Playthrough - Blighttown/Qualagg

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 12:39 AM PST

    Okay, first time playing through DSR and I am enjoying it quite a bit. I got to the second bonfire in Blighttown with ease and without dying once (miraculously). After this point I've struggled and actually didn't know about Qualagg until I'd discovered the key back to Firelink Shrine from Blighttown and realized I must have missed something cause the whole venture felt pointless.

    After running back from the Darkroot forest (I didn't realize I was getting so far away from Blighttown and what actually needs to come next) I found Qualagg but when I tell you I'm struggling and getting pissed off, I really am. In Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne I rarely ever got like physically upset and yelling, but I don't know how or why this area of the map nees to be this annoying.

    Anytime I try and get to whatever minimal land is available en route to her I still get poisoned and I've run all out of the proper moss to heal and by the time I get to her I've burned through two Flasks. That's WITH skipping the rock throwing monsters.

    What can I do to make this easier? Is Qualagg optional right now and better to fight her more well equipped? Should I proceed to Darkroot? My biggest complaint thus far is that it's pretty unclear where my next objective is and I'm reaching out as a last resort to maintain my sanity. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Elir_Roman
    [link] [comments]

    Introduced a friend to Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 02:41 PM PST

    A good friend of mine from school recently purchased DSR because of my recommendation. I've talked to him in discord during his play through and vaguely answered his questions, allowing him to experiment and try his own thing until he finds what works for him. BOY DO I WISH I HELPED A BIT MORE

    I check in with him at school in the morning some days, and today he had an interesting report of what he'd done

    "You know that one guy who was talking about the sun and gives you the white 'Chalk' (not a joke, he called it chalk) yeah, I killed him. I wanted that kick ass armor!"

    RIP sun bro. You will be missed.

    That's not all though. He didnt get the point of Andre.... I think you all see where this is going. It's a miracle that hes gotten as far as he has.

    submitted by /u/NationalDrip
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment