• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    AFTER NEW GAME++++ I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    I 100%ED THIS GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    submitted by /u/reconstructedstarman
    [link] [comments]

    3D printed Siegmeyer

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:21 PM PST

    A while ago I modeled this and recently a friend printed it for me.

    Look at that fat head.

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Sully
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Trilogy piece I did - Enjoy!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:31 PM PST

    Anyone else just creeped out by the egg carriers and parasites?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:55 PM PST

    I just can't fight them, they literally make my skin crawl, i hate being near them. Just why with the eggs and shit?☹

    submitted by /u/JB_07
    [link] [comments]

    First time in Dark Souls. Before getting to Anor Londo, I went through the skeleton nightmare of the giants tomb. Made it all the way to the golden fog door only to learn I could not advance, and then had to make an arguably more difficult journey backwards to firelink. Anyone else suffer this fate?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:22 PM PST

    It took until the end of NG++ to finally get there, and man, what a journey!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:51 PM PST

    I'm pretty sure it's not just me when I say that Knight's Honor is one of the most difficult achievements in the entire Souls series. Finally got the Black Knight Greatsword that I forgot to get before beating Gwyn in NG+, along with it popped up two notifications:

    Knights Honor and The Dark Soul.

    I can't express how pleased I am to finally have this. I started with Demon's Souls and have played everything that FS has put out since then. DS1 still has the most hours logged.

    Now on to the final piece that earns me the platinum in the entire Soulsborne series: the Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls, that's all I need.

    Wish me luck, hollows!

    submitted by /u/HeavenDenied
    [link] [comments]

    True story

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:50 PM PST

    Random Dev: Hey boss what should we use as the boss of Demon ruins.

    Miyazaki: I dont know. Got any suggestions

    Random Dev: Hey how about we put another reskin of Asylum Demon

    Miyazaki: ...

    Random Dev: We will give him a fire reskin

    Miyazaki: ...

    Random Dev: But here is the twist. We wont actually give him any fire attacks. Just magic ones to infuriate the players for no reason.

    Miyazaki: Hiring you was the best decision of my life

    submitted by /u/choosen-undead
    [link] [comments]

    Is solaire saved if I kill the chaos bug and skip the rest of izalith?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Is he still saved if I skp the Demon firesage and the centipede demon? I really don't want to go through lost izalith again.

    submitted by /u/saifulfarhan
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Beat O&S!!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:36 AM PST

    I'm playing on New game+ and I finally beat O&S! During my first play through, I beat them 1st try cause I had solaire to help but on NG+ I accidentally killed solaire at the bonfire in Anor Londo( I'm stupid and a heretic). It literally took me 3+ hrs and to beat them, but this time I got the Leo ring too so that made it all worth it.

    submitted by /u/BIGBOIIPP
    [link] [comments]

    Pen & Ink Bonewheel skeleton

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:13 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/6fWxx5f

    Drawing 2 project, really enjoyed studying and drawing the cave in the Painted World!

    submitted by /u/haeulop
    [link] [comments]

    I did it, where to next.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:36 PM PST

    Okay, so I just beat / parried the last boss of DS1R. I have started DeS and got past the first Major boss. I'm curious as to what this subreddit would suggest to play next. Finish DeS or move on to DS2? I also want to play Bloodborne at some point. My thoughts are this order DS1R > DeS > DS2 > Bloodborne > DS3 > Elden Ring :)

    submitted by /u/Chit569
    [link] [comments]

    I made a bonfire sprite

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:10 PM PST

    Had to help a friend making a sprite for his final project and I think it turned out pretty nice.

    https://imgur.com/IczRvUQ

    submitted by /u/edgylicht
    [link] [comments]

    Epic Richard

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:32 PM PST

    So I put on the cat ring tonight and did PvP for the first time. I was continuously summoned to invade Epic Richard and his gang, despite it almost always being 3v1 they were real sports and I had a great time. Thanks for making my first real PvP experience a good one.

    ~ Raelynne

    submitted by /u/steinaech
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT THE GAME...or at least I thought I did

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:49 AM PST

    This is my first time touching a souls game and after 50 hours I rang the second bell. I thought the game was over only to realize I have so much more to explore. (I'm also doing this blind!)

    submitted by /u/mirandj17
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best video/series of videos that explain the lore and story of Dark Souls?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:29 PM PST

    I love Dark Souls. I love the lore, I love the world, I love it's philosophy and themes. I think this series is absolutely fascinating and so well done but I'm not the best at the games. I'm working my way through 3 now but I've already seen most of the games through playthroughs and old deep dives down wikis but it's been awhile.

    What's the best video or video series that go in deep about the lore of Dark Souls? I'm not afraid of length so if it goes super in depth over hours that's fine by me. I just want to relearn about this world and there's so many videos about these games that I don't know where to go. If anyone knows a solid rundown please let me know!

    submitted by /u/CJ64Bit
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Manus after 173 tries.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:54 PM PST

    In my the other 3 games (and sekiro), I haven't died to a boss this much. I'm pretty sure I died to Orphan, Lady Maria, Ludwig, Gael, Midir, Nameless King, O&S, Artorias, and Fume Knight like 150 times combined. I don't know why this took me so long but I am so happy I finally got him. Now it's time to beat him on ng+

    submitted by /u/Nagnoosh
    [link] [comments]

    How is Daughters of Ash mod?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:36 PM PST

    I tried playing for a bit, but i'm really not sure about it's quality so far.

    submitted by /u/14Fifteen
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking love the Iron Golem/Stray Demon theme

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:21 AM PST

    It is SOOOO good, I've been listening to it all day, it just has the perfect blend of strings and vocals. It is so catchy and fits perfectly with both fights.

    submitted by /u/FancyFred01
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing dark souls

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:44 AM PST

    I'm heading to Sen's fortress but along the way I've discovered the Great Hollow Ash Lake and New Londo Ruins at this point I'm trying to figure out which to tackle first lol

    submitted by /u/Turbolasertron
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your favorite boss

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:46 PM PST

    DS1 remastered ps4:kalameet's tail

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:27 AM PST

    Any tips on how to get it done? That dammed dragon just doesnt stay put for 5 seconds.Couldnt find much on the wiki. Help!! PS4, DS remastered, kalameet's tail.

    submitted by /u/SamanyuKun
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on qellog

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:39 PM PST

    I have tried many times and I have no humanity as well, what is the best way to beat her solo. (I am also a sorcerer)

    submitted by /u/splayatu
    [link] [comments]

    Error at startup

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:17 AM PST

    So i Just wanted to replay ds1 and i got error that Say this: The instruction from 0x0740a6989 references memory at address 0x0000000. Memory cannot be read Anyone got any idea? Specs: 4x2,4 8gb ram nvidia 720m

    submitted by /u/IamAlexx00
    [link] [comments]

    Souls vet here. Just played and completed DS1 for the first time EVER. Personal Boss Ranking.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Hi all! Just finished DS Remastered having never played it before.... and it was absolutely amazing. I consider myself somewhat of a Souls veteran. I started the series about 3 years ago with DS2: SOTFS and instantly fell in love with the series. I've also completed DS3, BB, and most recently, Sekiro. The only Soulsborne content I haven't completed is the Ringed City DLC for DS3 and the Old Hunters DLC from BB. However, up until now, I had never played nor beaten the ORIGINAL and I just completed it and figured I'd give a boss ranking based on what bosses I personally found to be the least to most difficult. Here goes...

    (Background) I was a strength based knight build with all other points dedicated to VIT and END.

    Armor - 1st half of game = Knight Armor 2nd half of game = +3 Black Iron Armor

    Shield - 1st half = Knight Shield 2nd half = +6 Grass Crest Shield

    Sword - 1st half = Broad Sword 2nd half = +5 Raw Broad Sword

    26). Pinwheel - Very easy. Not really much to say about him. I hear he has some cool lore?

    25). Asylum Demon - I started the game with the fireball gift, so he was quite the breeze when chucking those at him.

    24). Stray Demon - Didn't have the fireballs this time, but he was still easily defeated as long as you could avoid the AoE attack

    23). Crossbreed Priscilla - Lurking through some of the threads on this sub, I was lucky enough to find that the trick behind fighting her was to watch for her foot steps in the snow. Knowing that, she was a breeze as long as you were a little patient.

    22). Dark Sun Gwyndolin - This was a neat little fight. Nothing too difficult as long as you could get behind the pillars/ dodge whenever he cast his magic or threw his knives.

    21). Ceaseless Discharge - While he was surely intimating, I found CD to be very slow and meandering when attacking with it's appendages, which made him very easy to hit.

    20). Fire Sage Demon - Ah. Another reskin. Again, pretty easy fight. Only reason he's further up the list compared to the other two demons is because he got a couple good hits in on me.

    19). Seath the Scaleless - What an awesome looking boss. Too bad he wasn't as formidable as his appearance! Still a cool fight though. Loved the arena.

    18). Sanctuary Guardian - The first DLC boss was certainly intimidating, but he was still fairly easy if you had enough Estus flasks to help during the poisoning effect.

    17). Gwyn, Lord of Cinder - Okay. I know you guys are probably thinking I'm crazy that I'm about to rank Gwyn lower than the Moonlight Butterfly Lol. However, Gywn, while still an incredible final boss coupled with an amazing area and a somber music piece, was AN ABSOLUTE CHUMP. If you know how to parry, you will destroy this mf. Still, I find him to be an awesome conclusion to the game.

    PSA: All the bosses listed above are bosses I defeated on my first attempt. Not sure if that's the appropriate way of ranking things here, but I found them to be the least frustrating and easiest to defeat compared to the ones I'm about to list. Let us continue...

    16). Centipede Demon - So, this is my one and only "Summoning Boss" during my play through. At this point in the game, I had just defeated two prior bosses in the Demon Ruins, so I was feeling a bit impatient and found it to be kind of annoying trying to fight this thing on a small island in a pool of lava. Anyway, Solaire offered his support and I took it without shame. (2 attempts to defeat)

    15). Grave Lord Nito - I feel like this could be another controversial ranking. However, at this point in the game, I was pretty powerful and knew what I was doing. I very quickly learned that the trick to this fight is to basically ignore his skeletons (let him kill them for you with his scream), stay close, drink your Estus, and hack away. That said, he certainly is one of my favorite looking bosses. (2 attempts)

    14). Taurus Demon - While sort of a boring encounter, the second boss of the game could hit very hard for a low leveled undead. Being stuck with him on a narrow path on a wall only added to the difficultly. That said, he wasn't too bad as long as you stuck to his butt and hacked during windows of opportunity. (Probably took around 3 attempts to defeat)

    13). Capra Demon - Ugh. This guy. The small arena mixed with two fast and annoying dogs along with the demon himself was very frustrating. Utilizing the stairs helped a lot when defeating the dogs first. From there, I found defeating him to be MUCH more achievable. (4-5 attempts)

    12). Moonlight Butterfly - Being a melee build actually makes this fight a little difficult. Dodging its magic projectiles (mostly failing) and waiting for it to land was PAINFULLY annoying. I eventually just stocked up on fireballs and spammed the hell out of it. (4-5 attempts)

    11). Bell Gargoyles - These guys are awesome. I had always heard about them being the bosses that really makes or breaks a new player to the Souls series. While certainly a slap to the face that gets you to remember "oh yeah, this is Dark Souls, I should probably be more careful" they were still defeat-able and offered the first true challenge to the game. (5 attempts to defeat)

    10.) Great Grey Wolf Sif - Loved this boss. He hit HARD, but staying underneath him and not getting greedy with your attacks granted rewarding returns. A bit hyped up in terms of difficulty, but still a fun fight nonetheless. (5 attempts)

    9). Bed of Chaos - By far my LEAST favorite boss of the game. Honestly, I don't think he's too difficult, but the platforming and the cheap arm swiping attack he does puts him above some of the other more formidable bosses, mostly due to how unfair this guy can be. (5-6 attempts)

    8). Gaping Dragon - Took me a bit before I could figure this guy out. His size was really intimidating, especially early on in the game, so I had a little bit of trouble figuring him out. Baiting him to slam is maw into the ground and then letting him charge at you were the two best opportunities to attack. It was a slow process, but it got the job done. (5-6 attempts)

    7). Chaos Witch Quelaag - After suffering through Blighttown, I got to finish off the area with this chick. I think at this point, I was pretty exhausted from the area, so once I got to her, she really rung me in. However, I found that sticking to her sword arm side granted the most success with fighting her. (5-6 attempts)

    6). Ornstein and Smough - After making my way through Anor Londo, I finally got to one of the most infamous boss encounters in DS history. These guys were a blast to fight. Truly an anxiety ridden face off that really tests your skills. Focusing on Ornstein while keeping an eye on Smough worked the best for me. I found that utilizing the pillars as barriers to keep Smough away is VERY important. They may have been hyped up just a tad too much, but I'd still say they are my second favorite boss encounter in the game. Absolute blast of a boss encounter. (6 attempts)

    5). Iron Golem - This guy was a pain. I quickly figured out that killing the giant up in the tower was a huge help, but at this point in the game, I hadn't really reinforced any of my weapons or armor, so each time I landed a hit it only knocked off the slightest bit off his health. After a decent amount of attempts and some patience, I finally got him. (6-7 attempts).

    4). Four Kings - I really didn't enjoy this fight all that much. I found them to be quite frustrating and pretty difficult. I found that this encounter is mostly a DPS race and I just wasn't fast enough. There were several attempts where I was fighting 5-6 of these guys at once. Honestly, I just focused on one until he died as fast as I could and then kept going onto the next one. Grass Crest Shield was very helpful during this fight. (6-7 attempts)

    3.) Knight Artorias - By far my FAVORITE boss encounter in the game. Such an exhilarating fight from beginning to end. Fighting Artorias gave me some terrible Fume Knight (DS2 DLC boss) vibes, but in the best of ways! This fight was quite difficult, but it felt FAIR. He was truly a formidable opponent. The key to this fight, for me, was PATIENCE. Be smart. I found that attacking him while he was buffed was foolish and usually left me being one shotted. Dodging his buffed attacks and waiting for that buff to cool down was the best strategy. After his buff goes away, then you resume your fight with him. Amazing boss design and incredible fight. (7-8 attempts)

    2). Black Dragon Kalameet - This guy was such an ASS. Some of his attacks were down right dirty (looking at you tail swipe that depletes all stamina when blocking AND 3/4 my health). Kalameet hit THE hardest of all the bosses in the game. I found that locking on to him could be very dangerous. A nice balance of locking and free balling it was the best way to go in my case. I found that luring him more towards the sunny side of the arena helped with visibility and my over all confidence when fighting him. Kalameet was the last boss I defeated before Gwyn, and he was a toughie. However, memorizing his attack patterns and being smart with your Estus flask will go a long way when fighting him. (8-9 attempts)

    1). Manus, Father of the Abyss - Here it is. The hardest boss I fought in DS: Remastered. He was an absolute animal when attacking. He's fast, he's strong, and he is reckless. I found him to be completely unpredictable at times, which made my confidence dwindle with each attempt. He's one of the few bosses that had me using HUMANITY as a healing method. That said, I still somehow defeated him. Sticking to his left side and knowing whether to block certain attacks and dodge others are the most important strategies I used. He has a particular chained attack that left me with inner AGONY, but with perseverance and staying smart will get you the kill. This guy took around 10 or more attempts.

    And that's it! I'm so glad I finally got to experience the original Dark Souls. It's now probably my favorite of the Soulsborne series and I'm now eagerly awaiting any news pertaining to Elden Ring. Thanks for reading and remember to praise the sun!

    *honorable mentions...

    Knight Lautrec - fuck you

    Solaire of Astora - I'm sorry, my friend

    Hydra - not nearly as scary as I thought you were

    Havel - absolute unit, but it was a good fight

    Undead Dragon - get off my bridge

    submitted by /u/Jowens1701
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment