• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You can't hide from invaders in Dragon Shrine

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:23 AM PST

    The dragon guys give away your position because they always face the direction they've last seen you.

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT DARK SOULS 2 BABY!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:07 AM PST

    After 160 hours, I finally beat Dark Souls II last night at 12:48 AM. I charged down into the Throne of Want and was able to beat the Watcher and the Defender on my first try, though in the process burned through some valuable healing items. From there, Nashandra walked in, killed me, and then I would try again 6 times before finally killing her. I thought the game was over. It wasn't, and Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin exploded out of the floor and promptly burnt to a crisp. Jesus, Aldia was a lot tougher than Nashandra, but after figuring out a strategy my boy Benhart helped me kick the shit out of him. I saw that there was an option to not take the throne, but after thinking I took the throne to advance to NG+. Loved the final cutscene and the game as a whole! Gonna buy DS1 now, maybe DS3

    submitted by /u/sooticecream
    [link] [comments]

    After beating Sekiro recently I decided to go back to this game and in one night I beat Fume Knight, Elana, and Sinh.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Did Sekiro make me a better Souls player?

    submitted by /u/Taograd359
    [link] [comments]

    Is Lud and Zallen needed for any achievements?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Hey I was wondering if killing lud and zallen is needed for any achievement, like for example getting all the miracles, sorceries, pyromancies etc. Do you need to kill em? It's the hardest boss for me, and I want to aim for 100% achievements. I'm on PC and play SOTFS

    submitted by /u/NuclearImpactx
    [link] [comments]

    Greetings, I was wondering if you guys could help me by answering a DS1 survey i did as a high school project.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Some Random Guy's Opinion of Dark Souls II

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:07 PM PST

    I just beat Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. I've played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III in the past, though I never made it past Prince Lothric in DS3. I have no involvement with the Dark Souls community beyond having read a few posts in this subreddit. I played this game (almost) completely blind. I thought my uneducated, scrubby point of view might be interesting to someone, or maybe this whole sub is filled with posts like this I don't know lmao.

    Where to begin? uh, how about one of the primary draws of the game

    ​

    COMBAT

    I loved it. I prefer it over DS3. In DS3 I tried to play a shield heavy character. I was getting nowhere so I started dodging some more, then about 1/3rd of the way through the game I dropped my shield entirely. I felt actively punished for using shield and I embraced rolling as game seemingly wanted me to do. In DS2 I played with a solid mix of dodging and rolling for the entire game and I never felt that either option was not viable.

    At times I also felt punished for using certain weapons in DS3. I often had to switch weapons to beat certain bosses. This is why I eventually dropped the game. I used 2 weapons across my entire journey in DS2, Bastard Sword and Zweihander. DS2 let me play the way I wanted to play, I appreciated that and I had a lot of fun.

    The only two quarrels that I have are these:

    Rolling I-frames are tied to Adaptability. An explanation of this would have been nice, it was one of the few things I learned outside the game. I might have never found out otherwise.

    Lightning spear miracles suck.

    ​

    BOSSES

    Not impressed. I found a lot of them to be pushovers and in general far less memorable than DS3/Borne, with some exceptions. In DS3 and Bloodborne I had to spend some time and usually quite a few attempts learning the bosses attacks or patterns. what I didn't like about DS3 was that I had to sometimes adapt my gear to get by.

    I beat Dragonrider, Dragonrider Duo, Old Dragonslayer, Skorpioness Najka, Dear Duke's Freja, Last Giant, Pursuer, Old Iron King, Prowling Magus, Skeleton Lords, Covetous Demon, Nashandra, Guardian Dragon, Giant Lord, and Demon of Song on the first attempt. I did about half of these solo. After collecting the Giant Souls I beat Vendrick first try, and after gathering the Elium Loyce Knights I beat Ivory King first attempt.

    I suppose most of them were decent fun despite the low difficulty, but there were a few bosses I outright didn't like.

    Aldia and Executioner's Chariot can suck my cock and balls.

    Giant Lord, Vendrick, and the Royal Rat fights were just boring/bad to me.

    On the other hand I really liked Looking Glass Knight, Velstadt, Lost Sinner, and Smelter Demon. I don't have much to say about the other bosses not mentioned.

    ​

    PROGRESSION/ENVIRONMENTS

    While initially confusing, I like that you can pretty much gather the 4 Great Souls in any order. I got lost fairly often but I felt that rather than it being the game's fault I was just stupid. Once I got to Drangleic it was a straight shot to the end of the game, with the memories being a little hiccup. I liked it and I thought it was paced fairly well.

    I thought the tone was a bit samey for many of the early areas but they had just enough to set themselves apart from each other. Heidi's Tower stood out and it was my favorite area, despite it's straightforward nature.

    After Drangleic's long buildup, I found it to be a bit disappointing, especially since you have access to Elium Loyce at the same time. Elium Loyce is much more visually and mechanically interesting than Drangleic.

    Past Drangleic everything was all well and good.

    ​

    STORY

    There is more lore than there is story, this is what I expected and I have no problem with it. Piecing together my own headcanon with the information I found/was given was fun. I was led to believe that I would be attempting to break the curse rather than linking the flame, but it was eventually revealed that linking the flame was the way to break the curse. I found this amusing. I spent hours thinking I was hella breaking this curse but then I realized my efforts were directed at going to link the flame.

    I'm not 100% sure how or why Vendrick was in the Undead Crypt but that is the only confusion I have.

    ​

    FINAL THOUGHTS

    While far from a perfect game, I greatly enjoyed my time with DS2. In my experience the game was a bit easy compared to it's peers, but I came to this game wanting to explore history-rich lands while slicing up demons with sound combat. In these aspects DS2 satisfies. Of the 3 Soulsborne games I've played, this one has firmly earned its spot at second place, behind Bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/hoIocron
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to upgrade santier spear?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    Hi,
    what is the best way to upgrade santier spear, since mundande version got nerfed(PVE only)?
    Thanks for advice.
    ps: Is it even worth after nerf or is red iron twinblade just better(dont count moveset)?

    submitted by /u/peageon112
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Burnout.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    I have heard a lot of people say that after getting the Lord Vessel in DS1 the game feels less fun, to me that's not the case, but in DS2 I have run into this problem on the last stretch of the game.

    Currently I am down to just five bosses left (Ancient Dragon, Vendrick, Throne Watcher/Defender and Aldia) but I am just not that enthralled to go through those fights so its about the 5th time I delete the save and start over.

    Does this happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to 100% ds2 sotfs any tips

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:27 PM PST

    So i have been playing dark souls since i was about 9 im 15 now i have decided to 100% all the games the last ones i need for 1 are the light the flame and 2 collection so now im moving on to 2 any tips for complete 100% any response will be appreciated (sorry about gramer im autistic and dyslexic)

    submitted by /u/Keknokzz
    [link] [comments]

    To those who enjoy some good old jolly cooperation, what was your worst experience with a host?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:23 PM PST

    I was helping people with the fume knight the other day, when I got the worst host i have ever had. He didn't remove the ashen idols, used a greatshield and ultra greatsword, and was fatrolling everywhere. That made me wonder, how bad do they get?

    submitted by /u/demonic_fuck
    [link] [comments]

    I know it's nothing special, but I beat Sir Alonne, and I would like to share it with you all

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:11 PM PST

    After a little less than two and a half hours of struggling, I finally did it. DS2 is a game I was a little reluctant getting into, but quickly evolved into one of my absolute favourite games, despite all its flaws. This is a boss battle I am always looking forward to, so much so I beat everything else there is before tackling it.

    Also, please don't flame me for the title. It's just my opinion.

    submitted by /u/Blade_of_Kyrie
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people not like ds2

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:55 PM PST

    It's a very good game I didn't experience vary many problems

    submitted by /u/s-oda
    [link] [comments]

    Dude, I forgot how the skeleton lords worked in the game and this video is the result lmao

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Not feeling my Strength build, want to respec to Dex.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:12 PM PST

    First time playing DS2. I went with a strength build because I thought the the game was going to be Sekiro hard. I figured I'd just hulk smash my way through. I'm at the undead crypt, and I really want to respec for some quicker gameplay. The only weapon I'm enjoying is the butcher's knife, and I've overplayed it in DS1 & 3. I'm 42str using great sword+10, and butch knife +4. If I respec to dex, and level new weapons, will I be close to the same damage output that I currently have? Can I even respec yet?

    submitted by /u/Planet628
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to re-supply NPCs?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:36 AM PST

    Is it somehow possible to ressuply NPCs ? Because some of them sell good stuff like pertified dragonbones and stuff

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Skrillerman
    [link] [comments]

    Please help!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:08 AM PST

    PS4 DS 2 SOTFS. Can' beat Sir Alonne in DLC. Soul memory 8 200 000

    Please somebody help!

    Psn: Neverestman

    submitted by /u/Neverestman
    [link] [comments]

    Majula Music

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:39 AM PST

    I looked it up and plenty of people complained about it being annoying while others said it was quite relaxing so I went and listened to it. After listening to same music for at least a week, I felt the music was intentionally made to convey Emerald Herald's mood which is...something like safe but quite bored. Let me put it in other way, the music makes you BORED on purpose. I am seeking your opinions regarding this post to discuss whether the idea of Majula music is intentionally made to bore people after listening to it at least few times or not. PS: Pls no downvote me, I just want to know if my theory is valid or not. And the music is still good in my eyes

    submitted by /u/Damnationwide
    [link] [comments]

    Curved Twinblades

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    Not sure if you can but u saw someone say he would drop a random his twinblades, I really want them.. But i dont want to rush to ng++ or do the 50 wins in a row in BoB as im from Australia and pvp is really glitch and laggy and almost impossible to win against other countries and animations are off from when damage comes through. Can anyone drop them for me if possible, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Trypii
    [link] [comments]

    Howdy y'all ��

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:49 AM PST

    So i just beat the demon of song and i'm not happy with my armor. I have like 1500 health but i still feel like i die quickly. I have a good shield (Drangelic) but im looking for a high quality armor. preferably not too heavy. AND does armor even matter (this is my first time playing a darksouls game)

    submitted by /u/SirFankleforp
    [link] [comments]

    Connectivity issues between EU/USA

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:47 AM PST

    Hi y'all

    I tried yesterday to co-op with people I met on this fine sub. I'm from the EU (Germany) and they are located somewhere in the US. They could see their respective signs, I could see other peoples' signs, summoning in principle worked fine for everybody, but we couldn't see the signs of the other party, meaning I couldn't see the signs from my pals in the US, and they didn't see mine.

    First off, SM range was alright, connection was alright, we tried with cross-region play on/off, reconnencting, 'resetting' at a bonfire etc.

    Do any of you have deeper insight into the cennection mechanism of DS2 and maybe a remedy for our situation?

    Thanks!

    Edit: We were all on SOTFS too, so that's not the issue either.

    Edit 2: We tried the name engraved ring too.

    submitted by /u/weyllandin
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:05 AM PST

    Picture here it said "Seek mightier souls" can some help please

    submitted by /u/username_Jomar
    [link] [comments]

    The drop rate on the Heide Knight set is insane

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:18 PM PST

    Anyone got any tips because it's driving me mad. I have every single piece, in some cases doubles, all apart from the helm. I've farmed these guys for hours using CoC and the merchant hat and still no helmet :(

    submitted by /u/ThatDamnScottishGuy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment