• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Remember the gigantic, gigantic rat you fight in the Depths?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:47 AM PST

    If you look closely enough, there's an axe embedded on its left eye. Now do you remember that one of the corpses on the upper floor (that you can access via the Butcher's chute) has a Spider Shield? Both the Axe and the Spider Shield are the Bandit's starting equipment, and in that area particularly are freshly killed human beings, one with a Humanity attached to it.

    Yes, there were bandits that attacked the damn thing and they didn't survive to tell the tale. Poor bastards...

    submitted by /u/CrystalMaterelius
    [link] [comments]

    awesome girlfriend got this for me. Time to replay!!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    To all the new undead in Lordran

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:11 PM PST

    The most important thing you can buy is the Repairbox. It can be purchased from the male undead merchant, or from Andre, a big burly blacksmith you'll come across pretty early on.

    I've been seeing a lot of posts lately lamenting broken weapons while down in the Depths or Blighttown, which are already difficult enough without a broken weapon on your first run.

    Be smart. Buy the Repairbox. You won't regret it.

    submitted by /u/kiepy
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You don't need to change the boulder direction to access Big Hat Logan in Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:51 AM PST

    I just noticed, as I haven't found this info, that the mob that's leaning towards the wall, which shall be shattered by the big boulder, is able to smash it for you. I was fighting the mob in my first playthrough and dodged an attack it did in a way that it hit the wall and gave access to the cages behind. I thought this was the intended way until I found out later that you actually should move the boulder-direction to destroy it.

    Probably won't help anyone ever but as I needed to go back there lately I was happy to not move up all the way again to get the wall down, sweet little shortcut.

    Enjoy the funhouse nevertheless!

    submitted by /u/Tsupaero
    [link] [comments]

    I just complete Dark Souls for the first time, it's now my favourite game of all time, pushing GTA: San Andreas to 2nd, and Halo: Reach to 3rd.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Over the years, growing up as an FPS player, I always nudged the Dark Souls games to the side because I never thought I'd have the patience for the trial and error aspect of the game's nature, but from the second I gave it a try, to just 10 minutes ago, I have to say I was pleasantly and overwhelmingly surprised by how amazing of an experience it has been to navigate my way through a harshly unforgiving game, and still enjoy every last moment (except my first time reaching blighttown, that slapped me so hard I felt the breeze quiver betwixt my chesticles).

    Nonetheless, I was wrong about Dark Souls...and time for NG+

    PS: Big tiddy spider bae, tho, amirite?

    submitted by /u/Captain_WACK_Sparrow
    [link] [comments]

    How do y'all feel about rats?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Just want to know if anyone else hates them too?

    submitted by /u/Reozen0
    [link] [comments]

    It’s official.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:21 PM PST

    Ladies and gentlehollows, I have now officially died to the elevator in Blighttown more times than I did to the area boss, Quelaag. Quelaag 2, Elevator 3

    Why are you like this Blighttown

    submitted by /u/a-bagel-with-butter
    [link] [comments]

    I started another run two days ago. I'm surprised by the activity.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    Is this remainder from Return to Lordran event in October? I keep hearing bells going off at both places. I, myself, decided to do another run after watching Yahtzee streaming it a bit on youtube. Also, lots of summons as well. I'm on Remastered btw.

    submitted by /u/Calipos
    [link] [comments]

    Creating my own Souls-like game in Dreams

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Hey everybody. I love me some FromSoftware games and I wanted to make my own Souls-like game in Dreams early access. It's still very early in development but I'm making good progress creating the first boss and combat system. I'm excited for you guys to get your hands on it when it comes out later next month. Tell me what you think! https://youtu.be/DdV7lzdk198

    submitted by /u/Clintzubeans
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the bad guy?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:30 AM PST

    I just beat Gwyn a few minutes ago and I linked the fire. I expected some massive cutscene to take place and explain what would happen to my character whom I spent almost 40 hours with. Instead, it cuts to credits and New Game + starts.

    Did my character get sent back in time again like with the Artorias DLC?

    Did I become a God?

    Or did I go to hell for killing a bunch of innocent monsters, warriors and God's just cus a giant snake told me too?

    I'm so confused.

    submitted by /u/Kami7754
    [link] [comments]

    Claymore is the best and what is your favourite weapon?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:21 AM PST

    Hello, I know many of You may already know that, but I just want to tell You, it's just the best weapon of all in my opinion, not too heavy, very good damage, good scaling, very good outofbalancing (one two handed R1 and silver knights are out of poise), but most importantly the noble moveset! It has onehanded thrust that can outrange most of enemies and you can combo R1s with R2s in any order you want and attacks will always flow magnificently with eachother, and my favourite - twohanded roll-attack, With it you can dodge Artorias's three somersaults and stab him between the summersaults, and not get hit once if you're in a good position, that's just some great greatsword I tell you. If you do strengh or even quality build and haven't tried it yet, then you should :) Also tell some stories with your claymore and some other weapons, that maybe I should try!

    Edit: Also one more really cool thing about claymore is that it's based on a real swordtype used by Scottish highlanders in late medieval ages.

    submitted by /u/MildlyPhotographer
    [link] [comments]

    Dukes Archives here, What do I do?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:46 AM PST

    I have been to the prison, escaped and gotten back to the bonfire at the library looking area, do I go into the crystal caves or somewhere upstairs?

    submitted by /u/TommyVdot
    [link] [comments]

    Felling underpowered, Weapons Route Tips?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:18 AM PST

    I have been new to DS:R and wanted the opinions of the community on what I should do about my weapon situation. I have just completed anor londo and have a couple routes I could take.

    1. Dragon Tooth Club - atm I am a lvl 26 strength and this thing requires a beefy 40 to wield.
    2. Boss Weapon (Greatsword of Artorias) - I have the ability to craft this but I am not sure if the shield would be a better option, even so i do not know what stats i need to wield these.
    3. Upgrading current higher tier weapons - I am comfortable with my +10 broadsword but i feel as if it isnt packing as much as a punch as i need (especially because I have just experienced dukes archives), I have a +2 fire claymore but that manages to feel more lackluster than the broadsword, Lastly, I have a +3 divine halberd.

    4. Grind for that Black knight greatsword - This.... lots of souls to be able to wield it, worth it?

    submitted by /u/TommyVdot
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the best starting class?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:41 AM PST

    I just bought Dark Souls 1 Remastered on PS4 and I must say how much better the frames are than DS3, and I have also never played this game before and I usually just think Knight is the best all around starting class and I chose him but I hate how he is so slow and can't roll. Which is the best class for the start of the game as a newbie?

    submitted by /u/dezyrr
    [link] [comments]

    So I just watched someone roll out of a backstab.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:25 AM PST

    I've been patient with a lot of players. I've tried to play a lot of weird shit off as lag on their side. Well, not 5 minutes ago I was dueling a blue in a Gravelord's little fight club.

    I've already fought this guy plenty of times and lost nearly each time when I would get backstabbed. I decided to switch to my Washing Pole and safely poke him from a distance. After whittling his health down, he gets desperate and runs in for a pivot stab. Barely managing to out-strafe him, I cry out in exasperated victory as I begin the backstab animation on him.

    Lo and behold, the second before the hit connects, he suddenly cuts out of the animation and rolls behind me as I finish stabbing air, and I get backstabbed and die.

    Now, I'm aware there are ways that you can nullify backstab damage just before the animation begins, but I have never seen someone up and roll out of the animation all together. So Reddit, am I again ignorant to some weird mechanic, or is this guy just cheating?

    submitted by /u/lE0Sl
    [link] [comments]

    I think I'm well and truly fucked...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:03 PM PST

    So here I am in the Depths, cursed, nearly broken weapon, and just lost 6000+ souls. Fuck. How do you guys think I should proceed? Should I just sprint through back to Firelink?

    Edit: I'm back to Firelink Shrine

    Edit 2: I'm uncursed and have repaired my weapon.

    submitted by /u/Anonymous00000399
    [link] [comments]

    Bought Dark Souls remastered to relive all those memories. Anyone know a nice op fun build for pve ?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:30 AM PST

    I'm looking forward this playtrough , I haven't played this game in years and I want to have a nice build. Something to face roll the game and just feel like a badass!! Anyone got some builds ? Thanks !!

    submitted by /u/MontaNelas1945
    [link] [comments]

    What are the minimal graphics card requirements to run DS1 Remaster smoothly on lowest settings?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:50 AM PST

    Starcraft 2 killed my old graphics card and I had to get a new one.

    However with the new graphics card the game seems a little laggy.

    My new graphics card only has 1 gb virtual save space, could this be my problem?

    What are the minimal graphics card requirements to run DS1 Remaster smoothly on lowest settings?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Help me name my character who will be wading though all three games.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:50 AM PST

    I've just got the collection on ps4 and wanted to do a "one" character play through to ds3. Any advise on a build that can be used over three games would be great help too.

    submitted by /u/metallitom
    [link] [comments]

    Biggest clutch

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:48 AM PST

    Besides the drake sword what's the biggest clutch in the game? Are there any weapons, items, or strats that make the game too easy?

    submitted by /u/SSJkakarrot
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion, let me know what you think.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:08 AM PST

    So I've logged countless hours on Dark Souls 1 and 3, and I'm currently running through 2 for the first time, but I've noticed something last night when I beat 1 for the umteenth time. Dark souls 1 is infinitely easier than 3. I'm going to lean more towards the boss fights themselves for this. There are a good handful of bosses in 3 that I've died to over and over and over like most of us, but when I play through 1 I rarely die to the bosses. Don't get me wrong ds1 is my favourite but I just wish the bosses had more umph yknow?

    submitted by /u/thetypeonest
    [link] [comments]

    Fuckup with pyromancer

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:01 AM PST

    My friend and i running coop and he wanted to play pyromancer this time around.We found out that since we both told the pyromancer guy in Firelink the covenant's location he is gone.His pyromancy flame is +8,wiki says we need +10 for expert pyro merchant to spawn.How do we fix this? Or would someone be kind enough to drop him a pyromancy flame? This is on remastered ps4.

    submitted by /u/shezofrene
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me with 4 kings

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:59 PM PST

    I'm so close to platinuming this game but this damn boss is in my way. Please help, I'm playing the remastered version on the ps4

    submitted by /u/DrAmpz
    [link] [comments]

    What was your first Dark Souls 1 build like?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Example: My first build was high vit/high dex with a +15 Halberd, Grass Crest, Full Havel Armor, Havel Ring, and Ring of FaP.

    submitted by /u/prince_lothicc
    [link] [comments]

    I've put hundreds of hours into this game and I've never seen this..

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:23 PM PST

    A red lobster with tentacles on its back?? Looks like a phantom. And it appeared as I was trying to get passed those damn archers in Anor Londo of all places. Luckily got pass the archers and the lobster dropped down with me so I was able to kill it. Dropped twin humanities.

    submitted by /u/johnnyv3gas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment