• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My fully healed Dark Sign tattoo

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:43 PM PST

    Restored cut content: Shortcut from Capra Demon to Firelink Shrine

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:52 AM PST

    The shortcut from Capra Demon to Firelink Shrine is already a known thing, passing the hollow with a bow and arrow, passing a merchant and finally opening the closed door from the other side to get back to Firelink Shrine. But there is more or at least there were plans for a different shortcut.

    Dropoff restored this cut content and opened up the shortcut which was planned at some point. You can find a few screenshots showing the shortcut here or a video of it in action here.

    Some of you may already know about the bridge from a recent video by /u/illusorywall. In his video Dark Souls Dissected #9 - Lordran's Layout Explained you can see the bridge Dropoff used at 2:43 and several other points in the video.

    submitted by /u/JesterPatches
    [link] [comments]

    First tattoo dedicated to my all time favorite game.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Here's some art of Oscar I did a while back!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:09 AM PST

    Good guy Solaire, Cuts off Gargoyle's Tail and gives it to me.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

    After probably 500 hours of playing this game finally learned something new, NPC summons can cut off boss tails.

    submitted by /u/MaimedJester
    [link] [comments]

    The only bullshit part about Ornstein and Smough's battle

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:36 PM PST

    When you're safe one moment at a distance away and next thing you know fucking spear-boi over here bends the fabric of time and lunges around a pillar like he's a a fuckin rubber band, rounding it and all.

    submitted by /u/SneakyHuntingHT
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the iron golem

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:18 PM PST

    Anor londo here I come

    submitted by /u/Cheesybutters3
    [link] [comments]

    My opinion on the best weapons in DS1 for PVE

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    After now reaching NG+10, I think I'm ready to share my insight on what the best weapons are for end game PVE content on the higher NG+ runs.

    Obvious Discalimer: All weapons can be viable, however this guide is to give you insight on what load outs are simply the best...

    Let's begin with some basic points:

    1. Sad news - all boss weapons for the most part suck. I only use them for the occasional novelty, but at the end of the day, there is always a better alternative.

    2. Standard +15 weapons with Sunlight Blade, gave me the best results on all bosses. This is because the VAST majority of bosses are either weak to lightning or have no lightning defences. Therefore, this combo will almost always yield the best results for PVE.

    Now for the best of the best weapons, in no particular order:

    1. Dexterity - Uchigatana. It's the perfect compact dex weapon. Better reach then the painted sword, and has bleed damage over the balder swag sword. I think the Uchi reaches the perfect middle ground between these weapons, making such a versatile, compact option to the next best Dex weapon...

    2. Dexterity - Great Scythe. Amazing reach, buffable and causes bleed damage. The speed is incredible, and I would recommend using this along side with the Uchi, for having variety in your reach game. I personally use this weapon in more open areas, especially boss fights.

    3. Strength - Great Club. Definitively the best strength weapon. Amazing scaling and weight, with an amazing two-handed R2 for squashing foes. It's basically everything you could ever want in a strength weapon, so it's hard to put anything else in this category, as it would surely be a runner up.

    4. Quality - Claymore. I'm not gonna jerk off the claymore anymore then this sub already has since its inception. End of the day, it's versatile, buffable and hits damn hard and fast for the stamina cost. It requires decent stat investment, but that shouldn't be a problem if your reading a NG+++ guide.

    5. Quality - Longsword. By far the most underrated weapon in the game. This weapon is the true jack of all trades, and the weapon I used to slay Manus on NG+7,8, and 9. It's a weapon I recommend using if you need an all-around tool, one that hits decently, recovers decently, and has the speed needed to keep up with the fast bosses in this game ie. Manus, Artorias, OaS.

    Thanks for reading this long post. As a primarily PVE player, I wanted to share my insight for those inspiring to get to insane NG+ counts. Hope this helps!

    submitted by /u/eatvenom
    [link] [comments]

    I hate the four kings

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    I swear to heck in a handbasket I'm going to throw my controller at the wall. I'm in NG+ and I want to join the dark wraith covenant to do this you can't place the lordvessel through frampt you have to go straight to the four king's then talk to kaathe. I have no idea why but all of a sudden I have become the world's worst dark souls player I keep dying in new londo to the darkwraiths or in the four king's fight and it's usually death within the first couple of seconds because they spam that crazy aoe attack even if I run straight at them and I don't wanna summon Beatrice because it gives them 50% extra health. Thank you dark souls.

    submitted by /u/ebola_berd
    [link] [comments]

    Today, after 130+ hours of gameplay, I got the "welcome to Dark Souls" moment yet again.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:32 AM PST

    Decided to post it right now, instead of waiting for "Salty Sunday" since I don't even feel that salty.

    Going for 100% achievements on a single character, NG++, SL 126, was heading to the ToG since I somehow missed the Crescent Axe. Then suddenly, I decided to follow the route I've never used before. My Abyss Greatsword staggers the giants on the 1st hit and kills them on the 2nd so I was confident as heck.

    So I go down the ladder and two (at first I thought that there was only 1) giants greet me at the bottom: one with a bow and one with a usual Falchion. I go after the bow guy when suddenly, the second giant comes out of nowhere and hits me. I start to panick roll, get staggered and killed. Then on my way back to the bloodstain I get killed by bonewheels and lose 1m souls and 51 humanity.

    I was more frustrated while I was fighting O&S literally 20 minutes prior, even though I managed to recover my bloodstain every time during that fight. Right now the only thought I have is "That was my fault, got too cocky."

    I guess this journey of getting good never ends and that's what I love about this game: every time there is something that can get you and you always learn something new and improve.

    submitted by /u/Iridium-77-192
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 is complete

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:19 AM PST

    (minus Manus and Kalameet, I got overexcited after beating four kings and forgot about them)

    Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, outside of a few bits. The glove probably helped...

    submitted by /u/nakrophile
    [link] [comments]

    Why Re-link the flame?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I just finished playing through Dark Souls 1 and absolutely loved it. But I'm confused about main goal of Re-linking the flame.

    I thought the age of fire was practically synonymous with the Lords, it was something they ushered in to create a "Better world". However, man, in the same way, appears to represent the age of Dark, since the dark is ingrained within their souls, such is fire in the souls of lords. It is said that the Lords feared the dark, to such an extent that they feared man and the encroaching age of Dark. They oppressed man, such as tricking them into imprisonment with the ringed city, and branding them with the Dark sign.

    So, why is it that the main objective of Darksouls to re-link the flame and continue the age of lords? Darksouls 3 is similar to this, but with even more emphasis and pressure to do so. But you are essentially stepping forth and continuing the age of your oppressors.

    I understand that there are alternative endings that allow you to let the flame go out, but why isn't this the main plot that is presented to you? What incentives are there for you to Re-link the flame, and why is it the main point of the story?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Raxs_Slayer
    [link] [comments]

    do you think dark souls 1 has aged well.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:46 AM PST

    im not sure if its too early to ask if the game aged well but considering that it does feel and look a bit old compared to the later games in the soulsborne series i thought i might as just ask it.

    for me the game is still very enjoyable and still remains as the best game i have every played, but i do wanna hear your thoughts.

    has dark souls 1 aged well?

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Promise
    [link] [comments]

    New Game Plus Build Advice

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:44 AM PST

    So far in NG+ I've made it past O&S without much hassle. But heading into the Duke's Archives I'm just getting destroyed. I'm running full BK set +5 and BKH+5, but I've read that it might be better running with a light build and dodging more rather than trying to tank everything. Does anyone have any medium/heavy build advice for NG+ or am I better switching out to a fast roll setup? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/chaospup1980
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Maggot

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I struggled in the Giant's Tomb on my first playthrough, but on NG+ with the Sunlight Maggot it was a completely different story. Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/DrSchwift
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going hollow

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:53 AM PST

    I started playing DkS Remastered recently. I am Dks3 and Bloodborne veteran and I wanted to try something new. And oh my god this game is harder than Midir. I knew I'm gonna die, I knew it from the very first moment, well that's what this game is about after all. But oh my god I died more times on my first five hours than I died in DkS3 ever. Guys I'm losing my grip on humanity. I just want to say my last words before going hollow-Siegward is a better waifu than Solaire.

    submitted by /u/Hajgrunt
    [link] [comments]

    Need someone to summon me.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:41 PM PST

    Im level 101, pc, remaster.

    I just need someone to summom me for 3 fights so that i can join the sunbros without raising my faith above 10. Will help with any boss.

    submitted by /u/lord_uroko
    [link] [comments]

    A slightly different rant about O&S

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:05 PM PST

    For some context, my first souls game was DS2. First attempt, covenant of champions into heides tower of flame. I had a bad time. I come from gank city. Eventually realized i was in the wrong area and what the covenant did, beat the game. So im used to ganks. Got the remaster for switch and loving it for the most part so far, even found things to enjoy in blighttown and sens fortress. And then I got to O&S. The boss fight itself isnt that bad, nice challenge. What is absolute horse shit, however, is the gank squads out front. Im at SL 66 and those damn golden bastards can stun lock me like its NOTHING. Silver knight with halberd hits like a truck but nowhere as bad as those giant bastards. But the icing on the cake is the hit boxes. Im not talking about rolling and taking damage for a badly timed roll or misjudging range. Its when they CAN HIT THROUGH THE PILLARS AND THE DAMN FOG GATE. I sprint by to keep as many flasks as possible, on a good run don't get hit. On a average run, they smack me once or twice but i get through. But the bad runs..... They both ragdoll me, so I either cant get through the gate or when I do, they HIT ME THROUGH THE WALL AND KILL ME.

    TL;DR: enjoying the actual fight, but the gank squads can fuck off.

    submitted by /u/GamermanRPGKing
    [link] [comments]

    Grinding Spots

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 11:40 PM PST

    I need to level up to be able to use a powerful weapon/defeat Capra Demon, and wanted to ask if anyone knew any good grinding spots?

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    So I just beat OnS on a SL1 run in one attempt when it's the middle of the night when I'm tired

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 11:25 PM PST

    Yet it takes multiple attempts when I'm on a normal build. By far the cleanest OnS fight I've ever had too. Barely even got hit

    submitted by /u/mintman_ll
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ New Londo Can Go %#%! Itself

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:50 PM PST

    This is a vent session.

    How the hell did I just spend more time trying to get through upper New Londo than I did fighting O&S. NG+ Ghost are beast and seem to swarm more than in NG. Even when I first went into the back hall of the church in NG only 2 ghost pop out the walls but instead now they all do like when you go into the church main room. And so much dmg and so dmg stagger. Light Armor nope. Havels nope. I couldnt do anything even with poise over 160.

    Getting by the darkwraiths was easier. I beat 4 Kings NG+ first time no problem. Seems to me that the 2 environmental enemies that just wreck you no matter what level no matter what armor, poise, etc are New Londo Ghost and Torch Hollows.

    Ok venting done.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    After a lot of lost souls, some power leveling, 100% one playthrough, speed running the next, getting people to summon me, and (sorry) dark beads to hosts faces, I have finally earned the dark soul on remastered.

    submitted by /u/Kurohime1616
    [link] [comments]

    2 Black Knight Swords first playthrough?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:01 PM PST

    Hey all, this is my first playthrough ever of DS1, played Bloodborne before this. I went through and killed the Black Knight in the Undead Burg and he dropped a BKS, so I've been using that. So I've come back to the Undead Asylum, killed the other Black Knight after Stray Demon and he drops one as well. Is this rare? I have no humanity currently and may have had maybe 1 when I got the first. Also, is this weapon viable throughout the game?

    submitted by /u/ChiquitoMusholini
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls discord server

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:18 PM PST

    Hi! For all those dark souls fans out there, I was wondering if you'd like to join my new discord server! We play all games like dark souls remastered, dark souls 2, dark souls 3, bloodborne and more! Let the sun shine upon this new discord server!

    submitted by /u/Bacon-Cheif
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment