• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My first death in NG+ was to Prowling Magus and Congregation

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Is dodging harder than other titles?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:31 AM PST

    I've beaten 1 and 3 mostly dodging my way through them, I barely ever used a shield. I just think I'm getting hit by attacks I wouldn't have in 1 or 3.

    I just really don't want to go back to using a shield and have to force myself to learn how to parry. So if there is some trick to dodging I'd like to know.

    submitted by /u/dedo415
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Crown of the Sunken King as my first DLC ever...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:19 PM PST

    ... and it was amazing! I'm absolutely in love with Shulva. The lightning, the waterfalls, the architecture. Truly beautiful location. I think it became my favourite place in DS2. And I love the concept of aquiring the Crown at the end. You can feel like a king of long forgotten and abandoned Sanctum-City, when you walk through the empty streets with crown on your head. Boss design was OK. Elana was a tough nut to crack, and I defeated her mostly because of luck(she didn't summon Velstadt). Sinh was very challenging, but fun to fight and I like his appereance. I killed him after like 9-10 tries. The three graverobbers fight was surprisingly interesting, mostly because of arena of fight. I liked the "puzzles" and many secrets of this DLC. It was fun to play, and I hope the other DLC's would be as good as Crown of the Sunken King.

    submitted by /u/Anivolus
    [link] [comments]

    Finally defeated the lost sinner,that fucking bitch gave me a hard time cuz I died like 12 times tryin to get her!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:23 PM PST

    Love this game but hate some areas

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:01 AM PST

    So I've beaten this game twice now and I really enjoy it. Personally I don't enjoy it as much as the other games in the series but it's still one of the best games ever made in my opinion. The main reasons why I didn't like this one as much as others is because:

    1- certain areas are just tedious and not fun to progress through (ie. harvest valley, shrine of Amana, the gutter/black gultch, and especially FRIGID OUTSKIRTS).

    2- as much as I love bosses, there are too many in this game causing some of them to feel rushed and poorly designed (ie. Skeleton lords, royal rat vanguard, dragon rider/twins, belfry gargoyles, old dragonslayer, covetous demon, old iron king, Velstadt, Vendrick, magus and congregation, etc.). Some of these are definitely controversial but I feel like they just reused designs from the previous game or made some of the more important fights (ie. Vendrick and Old iron king) ridiculously easy.

    Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy this game but I feel like they were a tad careless with this one compared to the others. DS1 and 3 definitely have there low effort bosses and bad areas but not nearly as much as this one in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/Mstraky
    [link] [comments]

    Greatest moments in the game?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    One thing I've always loved about the Souls games is the developer's ability of creating memorable moments without using dialogue or complex cutscenes. It can only be described as environmental storytelling.

    Dark Souls 2 is exceptional at this with the quest for Vendrick: after you finally open the Shrine of Winter you find yourself at his castle, which has been looming over Majula all this time. The Herald tells you to go forth and confront the king, but when you open the throne room you find it empty, completely abandoned.

    You press on, feeling as if Vendrick is just a few steps ahead of you. You meet the queen, who emboldens you to continue, you defeat the Dragonriders and the Looking Glass Knight and pursue the king through Amana and the Undead Crypt. And finally after you defeat the last line of defense, Veldstat, you get to meet the one who peered into the essence of the soul, the conqueror, the ruler, King Vendrick...

    And he's hollow. Aimlessly going in circles, naked, only his sword and crown serving as evidence of what he once was. He succumbed to the curse, and the music kicks in, low and not too loud but perfectly highlighting the confusion and dread you feel as you watch upon the wretched hollow.

    This is a marked contrast to, for example, how most of the first game feels: the Chosen Undead is centuries late, they only get to witness the aftermath of disasters that have already come to pass. Even when they're told they must face Gwyn, it's pretty much played straight and Gwyn's burnt and scarred visage isn't as impactful as Vendrick's. Most of the series has this feeling of post-apocaliptyc settings, but DkS2 gives you the chance to explore a world where it feels as if disaster struck only a few days ago and you might yet change and influence the course of events.

    In my opinion no other sequence of events in the series has had this depth of storytelling. What do you think? What other moments in the game created this feeling of continuity and a story unfolding before your eyes?

    submitted by /u/David_the_Wanderer
    [link] [comments]

    I started with Dark Souls II and I turned out fine.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Dark Souls II, though not an exact sequel of the first game, was lovely. Even now after beating all Souls, I reminisce fondly of DS2. The slow methodical gameplay was wonderful as an introduction to the series. I feel like it captured what the games were really about in essence well (mystery, awe, grandeur). I recommend my friends start with DS2 and appreciate it before the other games.

    submitted by /u/FlameeDearFlamee
    [link] [comments]

    I have bought the game yesterday and i have high hopes for this dark souls

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:14 AM PST

    I already played Dark Souls 3, just because i wanted some challenging game to have some rages (im a professional masochist) and i don't know a single thing on Dark Souls 2, wish me luck!!!

    submitted by /u/That_Lil_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    First time through on my last game of the series, and Iron Keep is breaking my cibtriller

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:23 AM PST

    So I Just got started on this game last Friday, and I've been at Iron Keep for days. It started when I burnt every effigy I had left trying to get help with the smoldering demon, and exhausted all merchants and spots for them, now I'm so cursed and stuck, I can't get through this damn place. It's nice though, having played through the other two and kinda breezing through 2 after getting the hang of it, it's just nice know this game still has some fight left for me

    submitted by /u/Mcfinnipoop
    [link] [comments]

    Just discovered you can kill the mutated undead in Sinner’s Rise by luring them onto the elevator, and then triggering the elevator to go up.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    This is for NG+ SotFS, or base game where there are actually mutated undead there. I did this totally by accident. Had pulled the mutant into the elevator room so I could deal with it without worrying about the Flexile Sentry, and at one point I rolled back across the elevator switch to dodge an attack that ended with the mutant on the elevator. Up and away he went, and ten seconds later he was dead. Pretty cheesy, but pretty comical too.

    submitted by /u/redlionking
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 mace model?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:41 AM PST

    So the basic mace is one of dark souls' more realistic weapons, if a bit oversized compared to real one. And it is one of the most beautiful weapons in dark souls.

    The mace is almost my favourite historical weapon, and it came in many shapes and models.

    Does anyone know which historical type of mace is the dark souls mace based upon or most resembles? In case i want to buy a modern replica?

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    Screw this one room in particular

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:52 AM PST

    In the Undead Crypt, the room you drop in to with that's littered with rocks, bells, and pyromancer statues that has mutiple dead-end exits. I tried clearing it with the following methods, but none of them worked, so I eventually just ran though it.

    1. Try not hitting any bells and just kill the skeletons - NOPE. If you go near the statues at all, pyromancers spawn and then you die, and the skeletons might hit the bells even if you avoid the statues.
    2. Try taking out the statues one by one - NOPE. As soon as you get near them, you're swarmed by pyromancers in such force that you can't even finish breaking the statue.
    3. Try going down a tunnel and using it as a bottleneck to kill the pyromancers - NOPE. They just keep coming because you haven't broken the statues.

    Maybe the idea way is option 1 and somehow avoid the statues until all the skeletons are dead, then take out the statues and the pyromancer that spawn from them one by one while somehow not dying? Christmas, I don't know.

    submitted by /u/mozltovcoktail
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between Scholar of the first sin and regular dark souls 2?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    I'm looking to buy the game but I'm confused on which version I should buy. (PC)

    submitted by /u/carsannn
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in drangleic castle but I'm stuck

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:10 AM PST

    I'm at the king's gate bonfire and there is a room with doors that open when you kill enemies. But only two door open for me, even if I kill al enemies. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/epicgamerboy66
    [link] [comments]

    Geralt of Rivia cosplay tips

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:40 AM PST

    Which armor/weapon combination fits a character to make him looks like Geralt in you guys opinion ?

    submitted by /u/IXXSlashXXI
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Bearer of the Curse collect the souls of the Four Great ones if...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    According to Chancellor Wellager

    [Vendrick] vanquished the Four Great Ones… And built this kingdom upon their souls.
    Our King has watched over this land… Since ages long, long ago

    It seems like Vendrick is supposed to have beaten the Four Great ones and used their souls to build Drangleic. Which would make sense since Vendrick was supposed to be this cycle's "chosen undead", but he forsook that path and built a Kingdom instead.

    But that can't be the case since The Bearer of The Curse is the one to kill them and harvest their souls. So what's going on here? Were there "Four Great Ones" who aren't the same as the ones who hold the reincarnated Lord Souls? Or was it simply propaganda on Vendrick's part?

    submitted by /u/LeJew92
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t connect to servers XB1

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    For the past three days i cant connect to servers anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/42o77
    [link] [comments]

    ragdoll shenanigans sharing thread?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    here's one that happened to me earlier today - https://i.imgur.com/2QP0GFy.png

    the corpse strike-a-poses have always tickled me and i wanna see more, anyone got screencaps tucked away?

    submitted by /u/p0rp0ise
    [link] [comments]

    Nanna/Velka

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Going to be playing through Dark Souls 2 pretty soon, any tips?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:12 PM PST

    I'm asking this community to hit me up with some tips that'll help enhance my playing experience. Please don't try to spoil too much as I'm looking forward to experiencing it all pretty much blind. Thank you in advance for any tips and advice.

    submitted by /u/Fine_electrify_mine_
    [link] [comments]

    Barely level 2: Helmet or Shield

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:49 AM PST

    Im looking at a pretty cheap but significant upgrade with a $900 helmet or a $1200 shield, and I realize these are small potatoes to y'all but it's more about me deciding which road I wanna go down, knowing full well this is no commitment in stone, just the route I wanna try out ~ I also happen to be dual wielding with a long sword and the broken thief sword which plays like a dagger(fast) and I'm starting to really like it...buuuuut this isn't my first video game although I am a dark souls virgin and ended up buying all 4 this week, and I know the game will get more technical and stronger opponents and I kinda wanna learn better technique which would involve more timing with blocking and parrying and such which would carry over to all of the Demon's games..part of what I'm also asking is: Can you realistically play deep in this game with 2 swords?...any help is appreciated in advance, thx ~Matt

    submitted by /u/Slemnem
    [link] [comments]

    Connection issues

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:14 PM PST

    I'm getting this pop up telling me the dark souls 2 service is unavailable please try again later then the link to bandai namco games support idk what to do

    I'm on Xbox one

    submitted by /u/Lord_Spuducus
    [link] [comments]

    (sorry for Bad english) is the dragon fight that easy?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:44 AM PST

    I just no hit first try the ancient dragon First time playing

    MY friend told me its so hard Idk

    submitted by /u/ytuwtwuh3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment