• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls with my son

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:05 PM PST

    Just wanted to drop in and say hi. My son and I just beat Dark Souls for the first time together. I played Dark Souls for the first time in 2011 and for whatever reason, it just didn't click with me. I enjoyed it for sure, but just ended up leaving the game for some reason (I hadn't even rang both bells yet). For the next 8 years I would tell my son stories of Dark Souls and how it was considered one of the hardest games. When he was younger, if he came across a spot in a game that was too difficult he would simply stop playing the game. I hated this. As I grew up on NES and SNES games, I wanted to see him push through and triumph. Over the last two years or so, I saw a major change in him though: Celeste, fighting games, Smash Bros (he got elite smash with a few characters). All the sudden, he was interested in these challenges. I joked that I was going to force him to play Dark Souls. I was expecting resistance, but he responded "jeez. Ok let's try it". We bought it and downloaded it. Almost 100 hours later, we beat it tonight. We joined each other for basically every boss fight. We would sit on headset together as we explored new areas calling out items we found to make sure the other got it too. Every ember we found was met with excitement at what new power we had discovered. We both were SO reluctant to drop into the abyss (he had died previously and it was me who suggested wearing the ring first). We were met with frustration with Kalameet lol. But we just beat Gwyn. My son kindled the fire and the game restarted. We discussed the lore and our experience. I just wanted to share and tell you this was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. We of course bought DS 2 and 3 as well and will start it tomorrow. I guess the only thing left to say....... Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/ajax3150
    [link] [comments]

    I drew the Asylum Demon

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Tomb of Giants is so much worse than Blighttown

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:17 PM PST

    It's not even close. Using skull lantern to have any hope of seeing where you're going, and then get destroyed by weird crawling skeletons in the one second before you take back out your shield

    submitted by /u/AlilBitTall
    [link] [comments]

    Today i learned those phantom black knights in the Kiln of the First Flame are actual black knight enemies.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:19 AM PST

    In the Kiln of the First Flame when you approach the stairs, you see some black knights "spirits" walking around the white void and the stairs. At first I thought they were just a particle effect or something similar, but they're actual black knight enemies! However they have no collision, have transparent textures, can't be interacted by the player and are scripted to do that walking animation in a loop around the area.

    Now how did I discover this? Pretty simple. I was playing the enemy randomizer mod and every time I rested at the lordvessel bonfire I suddenly got a bunch of souls from enemies dying somewhere. When I finally got back with all the lord souls, as I approached the stairs and the white void I didn't see any of those phantom black knights. I rested at the bonfire again and I could catch a glimpse of an enemy falling on the white void, where the phantoms originally spawn!

    So the randomizer replaced those black knights with other enemies, but since they didn't have the right script, animations, etc. they just fell into the void over and over. How unlucky of them.

    submitted by /u/scantier
    [link] [comments]

    So, help a man out here... (is it worth getting ds remastered?)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:02 AM PST

    Okay, so I'm a pretty noob ds player (as in I have ds3 and, for want of a better word, am shit at it) but I'd like to up my switch game collection and this game keeps on appearing. At £40, it's cheaper than some but still an investment, and a couple of friends have the game as well. What I'm really asking is, is it worth getting the game or would I be better off just saving for now?

    submitted by /u/obantheking
    [link] [comments]

    Is using the broadsword a viable strategy for the entire game?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:03 PM PST

    When I played Dark Souls 3, I used nothing but the Broadsword and a shield the entire game. I know DS3 is a bit easier than DS1, so would using the Broadsword the entire time be a worse idea in Dark souls 1, or is it completely viable?

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

    I popped a Transient Curse and I tried to pull the circular contraption up but there seems to be water surrounding it and I can't pull it up. I watched a video and someone just hit the lever and it came up to him without any problem. The contraption as soon as you enter the first building to the left where the Cursed Robed things are. Please someone help this is infuriating!

    submitted by /u/dezyrr
    [link] [comments]

    Worst rage quit

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:26 PM PST

    30 min in to my 1st playthrough I rage quit again asylum demon and almost stopped playing. Lol

    submitted by /u/SSJkakarrot
    [link] [comments]

    Since the DS trading forum doesn't seem to have any DS1 players...

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:06 PM PST

    I'm trying to get the Knight's Honor Achievement on the 360 version. I need the boss weapons. I can't go into NG++ to get the last Sif Soul without help on the Four Kings and I'm sick of killing one king just in time for the NPC Summon to die and find 3 Kings headed my way. This is the farthest I can do on my own. I'm hoping someone on xb1 with a character near enough to SL119, is willing to boot up this version and either drop a Soul of Sif or help take out the Kings.

    Edit 1: Just got Velka's Rapier, on my way to farm for the Trident.

    Edit 2: Just got the Trident!

    submitted by /u/DracoImortalus313
    [link] [comments]

    4 kings at SL1

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:28 AM PST

    Beat the 4 Kings last night on my SL1 run. Bit of a milestone for me - I tried this back on PS3 years ago, and couldn't beat them.

    Went the easy route with Havel's set, Power Within pyromancy, and a lightning reinforced club. Running at 95% equip load, so I was waddling around the Abyss in an unsightly manner.

    First time I actually beat all 4 kings, but didn't realise they had a pixel of health left, and got one-shotted by the 5th King spawning behind me. Next time I only needed to take out 3.5 of them, due to the overkill mechanic I guess?

    Anyway, what a relief for me. Just Nito and Gwyn left (not doing DLC).

    submitted by /u/Votes4Cows
    [link] [comments]

    Blacksmith

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:07 PM PST

    I got the Very Large Ember and used it on this blacksmith in this tower, pretty sure the first blacksmith you unlock and since I have a Claymore +5 I thought I would be able to upgrade it further but it doesn't show in the 'Reinforce Weapon' list?

    submitted by /u/dezyrr
    [link] [comments]

    First Timer Advise

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:07 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am a big fan of difficult games and have ignored Dark Souls for a long time and I think its time to play through them. I loved Celeste, and Hotline Miami, Cuphead, The Messenger, Furi, and Sekerio.

    My question is should I start with the first one? If so the remastered or the original. Is the second or third one a better start?

    You all would know more than me. So if you dont mind typing up which one and why I'd greatly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Zedtomb
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls for the first time!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:13 AM PST

    Just gonna start by saying this was probably one of the best games I ever played, definitely in my top 5. I played the game before on 360 but got stuck on the capra demon, shortly after my xbox broke and I never got to finish it. Just recently I got the remastered edition when it was on sale for xbox one X. What an amazing game, I didn't have to much difficulty with it (I play allot of metroid and fighting games/ RPGs) so boss patterns are nothing new to me, still hard as hell tho haha. How would you guys rate my build at the end of the game? Full havel set Havels Ring Hornet Ring Black knight sword +5 Green Creast shield Heavily invested in Strength Vitality Endurance and resistance Enough to use the above equipment without slow roll penalties. Finished the game at around level 85 I think?

    P.s go to hell tomb of the giants and Blighttown haha.

    submitted by /u/ethanjw93
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat ornstein and smough for the first time and I am disappointed.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:42 AM PST

    The title might feel like clickbait and I won't argue but I am going to explain my disappointment.

    I have been preparing for this fight for like 2 days, I farmed humanity and went to the catacombs to get the rite of kindling and the great scythe (which I didn't even use). Before entering the boss fog gate I summoned solaire because O&S are known for their fight and difficulty. When I entered the fog gate and watched the cutscene I was super excited for the fight. When the fight started I cast great magic weapon on my +10 estoc and immediately got ganked by both, I was able to escape but solaire go pinned, I threw some fireballs and got smough's agr, l got hit but ornstein was quickly killed by solaire. Super smough was a bit tougher, I cast great magic weapon again and hit smough, got hit back, healed, threw a fireball and hit smough some more. The fight ended with smough attacking solaire and I got the finishing hits on him. I thought solaire had died but he survived with almost no visible health and I just thought to myself how disappointed I was, that legendary fight being so easy that I didn't even feel accomplished after beating them, even with the moonlight butterfly who I basically one shot with my estoc I felt proud of winning but after beating O&S I was just disappointed even the iron golem fight was harder. When I do this fight in ng+ I will definitely fight them alone because I don't want this fight to be disappointing for me.

    submitted by /u/ganderfalls
    [link] [comments]

    What NPC have you never even thought about killing?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:59 PM PST

    So before I go into NG+ every time, I kill most NPCs for the humanity. But me personally, I've never been able to kill Hawkeye, Andre, Giant Blacksmith, Vamos, Solaire, or Domwall.

    submitted by /u/Bsmith117810
    [link] [comments]

    Parts or Events that you do not Look Forward to.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I'm at endgame and I still haven't gone to pick up my demon titanite from four unruly demons at the bottom of Sen's.

    How about you?

    submitted by /u/laynelane
    [link] [comments]

    Strongest +5 Weapon for Strength or Dexterity?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:10 AM PST

    Hi there dear Sunbros and Abyss watchers :)

    I have played DS1 now for many hundreds of Hours and LOVE IT! (It's like my 3rd or 4th most Favorite Game, period).

    I would like to recommend or perhaps even gift it to some friends and would like to know some weapon suggestions beforehand that I could tell them. (I won't say anything outright so they can explore themselves but I want to give them a Hint here and there in regards to weapons if they're stuck for long).

    Because I barely looked at the numbers I only know of some weapons that feel like they make good damage(like the Gravelord Sword,Zweihänder,Drakesword,etc) but I wanted to make sure I have the best weapons available.

    TL;DR: I'm looking for weapons for noobs to use(Melee Weapons,please don't push stuff like Pyromancy. I love them myself but don't think they should be mained in the first playthrough). They should be strong at +5 (so you won't need an Ember for Upgrades Early-mid Game) and available rather early in the game either by buying them or in chests/corpses. Best thing would be if they're 100% guaranteed (so nothing like the BK weapons). Also they should be upgradeable with regular titanite, not twinkling titanite/demon titanite/Dragon scales. Level/Stat requirements don't matter that much(can be either STR or DEX weapons) but Demon's greathammer would be too high in that regard.

    Thanks for reading and any suggestions you might give me :)

    submitted by /u/Lelouch_Peacemaker
    [link] [comments]

    Somone I had never spoken to until this morning spent better than 2 hours helping me thru Sens Fortress.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:08 PM PST

    What a great group of people playing this game. Seriously. When I first got DSR for switch I was playing solo and getting suuuuper angry. Since starting online it's taken on a whole new life for me while remaining very challenging.

    A big thanks to the vets who take the time to guide people like me through the same bullshit deaths, over and over and over while we try to git gud. Makes the highs that much higher when you can experience them with another human.

    Super excited to see Anor Londo for the first time. Looks really cool from the cutscene.

    submitted by /u/ShirtStainedBird
    [link] [comments]

    Just started and uhh am I in the wrong place?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I just beat pinwheel with an upgraded weapon and everyone around me is slaughtering me easy lol did I skip some needed places

    submitted by /u/mario8067
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb question about the Iaito divine tree.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Hey everyone just a quick question. I'm building an Iaito via the divine upgrade tree and I notice that on a lot of sites, such as wikidot and fextralife, it mentions that it'll gain STR scaling albeit weak.

    However in game it only has dex and faith. Is this outdated information or some sort of Invisible scaling?

    Thanks for the help it'll save me points in stats.

    submitted by /u/Metziah
    [link] [comments]

    Do you start a new game in a covenant?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:35 PM PST

    I started a new game roleplaying as Havel, and named my character Havel the Rock. According to the lore, he was in The Way of White, and immediately when I was dropped off at firelink it said I was in The Way of White without ever joining it, is this an Easter egg or something I'd always missed?

    submitted by /u/Thenson199
    [link] [comments]

    3 bosses left!!!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    I only have three bosses left in my first ever play-through!! I have kalameet,manus and Gwyn. Super stoked that I'll probably finish it in under 3 weeks!

    submitted by /u/DestroyerNine4
    [link] [comments]

    Bloodborne DS3 and Sekrio veteran

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Just started downloading the game wish me luck

    submitted by /u/mario8067
    [link] [comments]

    How extensive is the undead curse?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:56 PM PST

    As the title says. How much punishment can a hollow sustain and still come back to life? If you decapitate one, will it eventually grow a new body? Or will the head simply come back to life over and over? Does a completely new version of said hollow materialize at the nearest bonfire? These are questions I feel haven't been addressed.

    submitted by /u/BurgerBob17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment