• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Blighttown on my first playthrough ever. What the fucking fuck.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:19 PM PST

    Just found this sub after beating my head against a wall with this game for about 20 hours.

    Fuck them spiders, fuck them mosquitos, and fuck absolutely everything about that god damn toxic meter.

    Now I'm off to something called Sen's fortress.

    Existence is pain. Pain is learning. Learning is fun.

    Real good game though.

    submitted by /u/SlickNickles
    [link] [comments]

    PRAISE THE SUN !

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    (Dark souls rem PC) I want enter the Sun Covenant but My Faith not enough. The game wants 40,000 souls from me for level up(1). Please come Duke' s Archives and summon me plz. Or wherever you are write to me. Thank you for reading ! Nick : Lukanura

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:10 AM PST

    (Dark souls rem PC) I want enter the Sun Covenant but My Faith not enough. The game wants 40,000 souls from me for level up(1). Please come Duke' s Archives and summon me plz. Or wherever you are write to me. Thank you for reading !

    Nick : Lukanura

    submitted by /u/Mysterious-Crispy
    [link] [comments]

    ALL ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKED!!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    After 120 hours (and countless mishaps...) I HAVE DONE IT!! The Dark Soul is mine! Praise the Sun!! Honestly one of the most satisfying, yet frustrating games I have ever played. To everyone grinding right now, good luck! And dont go Hollow on us!!

    Now onto DS2... Oh boy

    submitted by /u/urfjobu88
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: blightown is the best area in the game

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:46 PM PST

    Alright hear me out Everytime I look at this sub I see blightown hate and I'm tired of pretending blightown is bad. Blightown was only bad on the original release as it ran like shit. But blightown has so much to offer such as:

    *Great atmosphere- as soon as you open the door to blightown you slowly descend into a sewer like system with gross walls and unsteady platforms.

    *Many hidden secrets- blightown has many platforms that you'll easily miss in the dark and also has the badass tree that leads to fucking hydra-clam beach

    *Unique level design- most areas in dark souls are approached in one way you mostly roll and hit enemies but blightown requires some platforming to get to some areas and I think it's an aspect that's not touched on often.

    Blightown is one of the best areas in the game and I'm willing to die on this hill

    submitted by /u/SmegmaPatties69
    [link] [comments]

    After at least three dozens playthroughs, I'd like to say one thing

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Fuck rats.

    They are, by far, my most hated enemy

    Oh you're a pure Dex build wielding a bandit's dagger? Ah, too bad mate, they'll still fuck you up with unjustifiably fast combos and nigh on unjustifiably high damage.

    Think you're good when you roll to a safe distance? Nah, they just fucking yeet themselves at you.

    Fuck rats.

    submitted by /u/VictimNumberThree
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes I just wait at Firelinkshrine. For no reason. So I can hear the full music. Its probably my favourite track in the game.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

    What's yours?

    submitted by /u/Nibelungen342
    [link] [comments]

    Fan art of the Japanese box cover art

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Watch me heart- wrenchingly try to make it to Firelink after getting "toxic" in Blighttown

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    I tried. I really did! Caught myself chugging two estus at once and I'd pay for it later. Toxic meter fills up at 1:40 so the main action starts there.

    https://youtu.be/hVU-OBvYEMQ

    submitted by /u/SpicyPapay4
    [link] [comments]

    Cheers to you Stale Shoe!!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:41 AM PST

    To Stale Shoe on Xbox DSR, thanks for sticking with it! We brought Kalameet down in epic fashion, a true tale for the bards for eons to come! Thanks for keeping this Dark Souls veteran fresh with some jolly co-operation. Enjoy your playthrough my new friend, cheers

    submitted by /u/KJS0223
    [link] [comments]

    Which fight is your favorite in the game?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Obligatory pinwheel

    For me it has to be Artorias. He kicked my ass, had the coolest move set in my opinion, and I love the lore surrounding him and the fight itself. I'd love to hear your favorites

    submitted by /u/MrAngryMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Got The Dark Soul Achievement!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Probably one of the most rewarding experiences I've had with any game. No other game I've played gives the same sense of accomplishment as this one. It seriously challenges you which makes the wins feel so much better than any other game. This was my first Souls game and I can't wait to play through 2, 3, and the other FromSoft games!

    submitted by /u/DustStorm99
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly think the switch port is the best version of dark souls

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:17 PM PST

    It just feels so much better as a handheld game where you can grind some of the game out and then put it down If things get too rage inducing instead of dedicating a couple hours to sitting down in front of the tv if that makes sense

    submitted by /u/lazzypete
    [link] [comments]

    Hate mail is the best thing after an invasion!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:34 PM PST

    Honestly it makes me laugh every time!!! People just get so mad! I also love reading how everyone has their own "code of honor". Th only code to invasions are win at all costs!

    submitted by /u/Worst-House-Frey
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: I really enjoy playing through Blighttown.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:01 PM PST

    I do not experience the FPS drop because I am on the remaster, but I still enjoy Blighttown from my first playthrough and forward. The fatties and neanderthals lurking in the area are a piece of cake. The area is a really good size that still maintains its atmosphere. Exploring it is a lot of fun. The last pointer is the biggest one. If you have the rusted iron ring and purple moss, lower Blighttown is not a hassle to go through. Plus, you can grind the leeches for titanite. The only thing I hate is the mfers launching spitballs at you. Hate on it all you want. I really like Blighttown.

    submitted by /u/Lol_u_ded
    [link] [comments]

    funny mistakes you made when you first started.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:46 AM PST

    when i first started dark souls 1 i thought your soul count was like a power level. i couldnt get passed the asylum demon. so i thought i needed to get my soul count to a high level to beat him. so i got my soul count to 2000 and finally beat him. so i thought this was how it worked but i was just getting better haha.

    submitted by /u/strangewizzard
    [link] [comments]

    What makes Dark Souls so great?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:43 PM PST

    So I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Dark Souls series and I am thinking of playing it but I don't exactly understand what makes it so loved by gamers. As someone who has only seen gameplay of it it just seems like a generic combat focused RPG that is just harder. I am certain that is not the case though and as people who have actually played the games what exactly is Dark Souls and what makes it so great?

    submitted by /u/K2vvvvvv
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished the game yesterday and realized that u can slide on ladders after finishing it.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:42 AM PST

    I was wondering the whole game why there isn't a slide button on the ladders like the other souls and to my surprise i saw it in a video after i finished the game!

    submitted by /u/Adhamz18
    [link] [comments]

    Finally!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:18 PM PST

    I'm on my first run of Dark Souls (Remastered) and I just now beat Ornstein and Smough. It took me quite a few attempts—maybe 30, no joke. I'm aware that I could summon Solaire but I was bent on doing this alone—it was a pride thing. At one point I said screw it and started farming souls from the big guys (Sentinels, I believe is what they're called) and leveled up strength and intelligence to boost weapon and sorcery damage. (I had started out as a sorcerer initially but wanted to try out weapons that required greater strength. I also didn't know how to free Logan and I didn't have the Lordvessel to teleport to Firelink even if I did)

    Anyhow, my final run consisted of me getting using Power Within to wear down Ornstein and kill him. After Smough supersized, I used the pillars to keep his attacks from hitting while I cast what few spells I had left. I got him down to like 20% of his health. So there I was, no estus, half-health, staring at a very Thicc Boi as he swung his hammer. I was freaking out bc I was worried that engaging melee would leave me vulnerable to an attack that would easily kill me. I had a spear and shield equipped, so I jabbed Smough after each of his attacks, then retreated behind a pillar again. My work paid off and I hit that mf yeet irl after inputting the "Point Down" gesture in the game, condemning the two suckers to the depths of hell, telling them to give Satan my warmest regards.

    TLDR; Killed Orstein and Smough solo

    submitted by /u/lethargic_apathy
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone play dsr for ps4? Haven't been able to invade with cat covenant ring at all and I just want the fog ring :(

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:45 PM PST

    Finish it or screw it?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    I'm playing all the games are pyromancer(yes i set that rule on my self.If i'm ever gonna play the souls games,it's going to be as pyromancer).

    Currently i'm playing SoTFS(hexer/pyromancer) and all i have left is the dlcs(done the Giants) and the final boss.AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE!!!The challenges are not that interesting and honestly i'm about to say "screw it,i'm not finishing it!".The game is not that bad,but putting is side by side with the other souls games,it's by far the weakest in most aspects!

    Is it worth playing finishing it or just screw it and go play DS3?I need the pros and cons

    submitted by /u/Dovah-free
    [link] [comments]

    I have done it, yet again.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

    I have finished DARK SOULS.
    The final game of the trilogy i hadn't beaten yet.
    holy fuck, this game is amazing.

    ...NOW I MUST GO TO NG+ CAUSE THE GAME FORCED ME TO

    fuck ;-;

    submitted by /u/isaquelucasbr2
    [link] [comments]

    Got problem with matchmaking! Help please ^^

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:22 AM PST

    So I got these 2 characters on ds1 for ps4 and they are both lvl 125 with a +15 weapon and on one character I can find ppl to play with no problem but on the other I can't find anyone no matter how hard I try Does anyone know why?

    Ps. Standing near the oolacile township bf on both characters.

    submitted by /u/mechamore
    [link] [comments]

    Fashionsouls > Actually playing the game

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment