• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Entrance to the Burnt Ivory King

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I haven't beaten him yet, but I can't be frustrated at dying multiple times because entering the boss fight surrounded by four knights and an NPC or two has to be one of the coolest experiences I've had while playing this series.

    submitted by /u/dregalfonly
    [link] [comments]

    The old lady at firelink in DS3 seems familiar...

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:34 AM PST

    I just noticed the same clothes and was stuck with overwhelming awe that she looks exactly like one of the fire keepers from DS2. I'm embarrassed to admit it took me a year to notice, but it's so amazing how much effort went into these games. Truly unlike anything else...

    Goodbye...and stay safe!

    submitted by /u/lolz_robot
    [link] [comments]

    Good to see DS2 interest!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:55 PM PST

    Just wanted to say it's really great seeing others posting "beat _____ first time" or "finally ended up doing ______ ."

    So happy to see a game I've given so much love to get love from so many others.

    js.

    submitted by /u/yung_busk
    [link] [comments]

    If i use a bonfire ascetic on the very first bonfire does it buff Ornstein?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:52 AM PST

    If i use a bonfire ascetic in the very first bonfire in Heides tower of flame does it huff Ornstein?

    submitted by /u/Jevilson
    [link] [comments]

    My first thoughts on DS2 SOTFS

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Hey guys! As someone who just finished god damn dark souls remastered, I was stoked AF when my new copy of DS2 came in the mail yesterday. Here are my first thoughts, just kind of going over the transition from 1 to 2.

    The movement takes some getting used to, rolling seems to be a bit more difficult. In addition to that there seems to be much more emphasis on finding the right windows to heal, the pursuer fight really messed me up in that regard. Is it me or does it take a while to not just use Estus but for it to heal you?

    I do have two complaints though, we'll sort of.

    What's with the statues? I know it means I can't proceed there yet, but the game doesn't really specify where to go. At least DS1 told you where the first two bells were. This games more like "fuck you figure it out."

    But overall... I'm loving it! I heard a lot of negatives by other Souls series players, but I like it a lot!

    Currently on Heides tower of flame, god damn dragon rider is next on the kill list.

    submitted by /u/Slope07
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe Next Time i should read the dialog.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

    9 Hours into Dark Souls 2, im loving it, killed Last Giant, Pursuer, Flexile Sentry And Dragonrider, the game seems more difficult then 3 but fun, although i found it alot more unforgiving with enemy respawns but i assumed this was the soulsborne experience.

    After looking throught all the DS3 covernants, I took a look at the wiki for DS2 see what my choices are as i progess to add onto the inital covernant i joined. first i decided to check the wiki for the one i joined, when i discovered that the Company of Champions basicly enables NG+ difficulty on the base game and also disables summons and you being summoned.

    9 Hours into the game and i realised im on hard mode, everything respawns infinatly and im alone in this world apart from the red men who attempt to slaughter me. but now i know the sacred text im on my way to getting the one punch man ring. Although im dumb and made the game hard 10/10 still for enjoyment.

    TL:DR- Didnt check what a covernant did and joined the one which enables NG+ difficult and the respawning of enemies.

    submitted by /u/Theryanx00
    [link] [comments]

    Vengarl Appreciation Post

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I'm in the process of going back through the Shaded Woods and while it's got some irritating spots I'm LOVING the atmosphere of this area. The crumbling structures lining the roads, the old damaged aqueduct filled with petrified enemies, and of course the super tense fog filled woods. I just spoke to Vengarl and got his helm and I really felt for the guy. I didn't remember him much from my previous playthroughs but after listening to his stories (and buying his claymore) all of a sudden he's become one of my favorite NPCs. He's such a wise and jaded old man and I love it. Plus his armor is sick.

    submitted by /u/ArtificialBiskit
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make sure someone I want to do co-op is in the same SM range as me?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:23 AM PST

    I want to play through the game with my friend, but I want to make sure we can always play together. Are there any items or tricks that will help us stay in the range? I'm wondering because I play pretty casually and like to level up a bit more. I just don't quite understand the SM system. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/preciouspent
    [link] [comments]

    An excepcional game

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Although many people like DS1 and DS3 more than Dark Souls 2, for me, this game is the BEST. The graphics are amazing The areas are fun to explore Just the gameplay mechanics are a little shitty, but the game itself is amazing. One of the best games i've ever played.

    submitted by /u/lucass2004
    [link] [comments]

    Best story out of all 3 (imo)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:33 PM PST

    Finding the king, and learning his story... traveling back in time.. learning what he was running from.. I honestly fell in love with this game till I beat it. 5/5 stars

    submitted by /u/Princeauzy
    [link] [comments]

    ��Canon Rock If You Feel A Little Down

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Canon Rock reminds me of my childhood and it always cheers me up. Let me show you how to get the Dragonslayer Spear and have some fun with the coolest weapon in the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0Z_FrZ6dc

    submitted by /u/S7-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Lore Videos?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:20 AM PST

    I'm trying to get more into this story to drive myself to play it all the way through (never passed the ruin sentinels)

    Is there any particularly good videos explaining lore? The Ashen Hollow is the go to for 1/3 content but he doesn't do much for DS2

    submitted by /u/rudolphin1997
    [link] [comments]

    "Essentially, I just got the f*** over it..."

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Another hater comes around....

    This recent video was recommended to me. Familiar story for those subscribed to this sub.

    [An Apology Letter to Dark Souls 2](www.youtube.com/watch?v=znqKypGpxKo)

    submitted by /u/aztec_mummy
    [link] [comments]

    Help with squalid queen

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Already posted to summon sign but I rarely see anyone playing ds2 on there. Ring is set to god of struggle.

    submitted by /u/anti--human
    [link] [comments]

    Run to executioners chariot

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    Am i the only that thinks the run to the chariot is harder than the boss itself?

    submitted by /u/alduins-nutsack
    [link] [comments]

    The popular complaints about DS2.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:50 AM PST

    I've seen these:

    1. Soul memory.

    2. Area cohesiveness (the old magic elevator to the iron keep argument)

    3. Area interconnectedness

    4. Adaptability

    And... i think that's it?

    I'll respond going down:

    1. the common "issues with SM" are that ADP is a thing now, which means you need more souls for more levels, which brings up SM and that it makes it hard to connect with people. SM has a set of rules, like the other matchmaking methods, that will guaranteed connect you with the person. If the person is out of your range, that's it. Password matching was only a thing in ds3 and it led to overlevelled phantoms running rampant. The name engraved ring is a much better idea as the possible gap in levels between phantoms and yourself is severely shortened while the matchmaking brackets are still widened by a pretty huge amount. The whole "ADP=more levels=more SM" argument is just... null, when you take into account that levels and weapon upgrade don't effect matchmaking (losing damage scaling stats in the beginning isn't a big deal in this as you can upgrade your weapon freely and since matchmaking is decided by SM you can just level without worry of range being effected) and that meta lv is like, 150 in ds2. The issue isn't soul memory, it's how many people are playing. When there are plenty people, they all do things their way and you'll run into plenty who happened to do things similar to how you did them, keeping them in your range. The brackets are wide enough even without the name ring for range to not really be an issue.

    2. As far as the cohesiveness, this is always presented like its a big issue while the only real case is the iron keep elevator. Why make a huge deal out of a single instance? And on that matter, DOES it make no sense? Is there really NO way the elevator could just lead up to an exit partway up the back of the tower to the iron keep? I'd have to look into it.

    3. interconnectedness, i feel, is a matter of preference. Idk if this'll make sense to the reader, but to me the interconnectedness is a plus for DS, but not a negative for ds2. Like, i like it in ds, but i also think ds2 just did something different, not something bad because it isnt the same thing. They went for a gauntlet of unique environments with a focus on the environments themselves being a threat to the player. The enemy placements, status ailments (oil in wharf included), lighting and even item placements (when they're traps, like the mimic chest down the well in Tseldora. WHY would anyone assume a mimic is waiting at the end of a secret path?) all act as threats to the player. The other games do this to a degree, but not to the degree that ds2 does.

    4. Adaptability i kinda covered in point one with the argument of range not being effected by level or upgrade, but i have something else to say too about adaptability itself, putting summon range aside. People feel like tying these things to a stat was useless, but that could be applied to any stat. Why can't i just use all spells at any intelligence level? Why should you have max agility starting off? Why should your character just be that dexterous? I also see people annoyed that they have to level AGI before other stats, but i don't get why. The attitude should be that you WANT to, because the iframes and faster item consumption are useful. It's what will give you a huge benefit. It's like levelling VGR before your damage stats, you do it because having health helps.

    Anyways, i think that's it.

    submitted by /u/Joquendo95
    [link] [comments]

    I require assistance if possible please

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    So, I am finally trying all the classes I never used back when I owned the original. Now it's time for the cleric. What I want to ask is what is better to go for? DEX/FTH or STR/FTH? also if those are not the only good options, more suggestions are welcome. I want a character who will be based around using attacking miracles but I'd like to mix it up as well with physical damage.

    Tnx in advance

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon matchmaking

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:35 AM PST

    I'm trying to play online with a friend. We checked, we have soul memory range, name engraved ring is equipped and I can't find him. Cross region matchmaking is enabled as well. I would guess that this is because his weapon is upgraded too far, but what are the weapon matchmaking tiers? How can we tell if we're too far upgraded?

    submitted by /u/Teemolert
    [link] [comments]

    Blue sentinals day?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    I mean how hard is it to find that shit?

    submitted by /u/KJY2018
    [link] [comments]

    What are the main reasons "DS2 is bad"? I want to defeat them lol.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    High Heels were invented in Drangleic, 45 hours into DS2 I have come to know this fact. The most fun filled Soulsborne playthrough ever.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:27 PM PST

    High heels were invented in Drangleic, who would've known? https://imgur.com/gallery/HVZ2W3U

    submitted by /u/byrgenwerth_spider
    [link] [comments]

    OP Chaos Blade guide for PvE?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:26 AM PST

    Hello,

    I read that the chaos blade was pretty op back in the days.

    Is it still strong ? I am currenty using the Rapier or flame longsword and want something new.

    So i am thinking about trading the boss soul for the chaos blade instead of the "flame weapon" spell.

    Can someone please show me a very strong build for PvE with this weapon ?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Skrillerman
    [link] [comments]

    Screw manhunter o'harrah

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:35 AM PST

    I had her as a summon with the old iron king and she died in 20 seconds,Damn I miss masterless glencour🖤😍

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    Master of Sorcery achievement question

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    I'm aiming to get 100% on this game, I have 100% in both dark souls 1 and 3 but I skipped DS2 because I really didn't like the game back then. In DS2SOTS do you need to find all the sorceries including the DLC ones to complete it?

    submitted by /u/NuclearImpactx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment