• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just rang the first bell of awakening!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:47 AM PST

    I feel so accomplished!

    Just felt the need to share, I'm so happy.

    submitted by /u/D3admemes21
    [link] [comments]

    Feel free to send me a pm if you want guidance on what to do/where to go next on your playthrough

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I've done this a couple times now and I always like helping out new players in this masterpiece of a game.

    I'll keep it spoiler free and push you in the right direction.

    I look forward to hearing from you skeletons.

    Edit: I'm UK time so there might be a big of a lag in replying

    submitted by /u/Have_Other_Accounts
    [link] [comments]

    To the person who kept insisting I pick up a dropped item during a duel...

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:23 AM PST

    So, you seemed pretty chill - we met at Sunlight altar, you touched my red invasion sign, and we had half a dozen or so matches. No foul play here, we estus'd up at the opposite side of the statue as is tradition, whenever we found necessary, and always proper bowed. Pretty fair fight.

    It was then that you dropped an armor item, as well as another unknown item. You insistingly pointed at the item, shaking your head in frustration when I refused to pick it up.

    While this person was probably just trying to help me out, I've heard countless horror stories of players getting banned for picking up hacked items, and a quick google search showed this same individual's steam account (we played on PS4 mind you, just same username) had been previously banned twice [despite with explanations on his profile that it was just a texture patch, & the other was because he wanted better stats and frankly 'didnt care']

    Was my wariness warranted or should I have just picked up the damn item?

    submitted by /u/lilstem
    [link] [comments]

    I dont know what to do.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:45 AM PST

    So i just finished killing O&S in Anor Londo and got the lord vessel, after that i went to firelink shrine and talked to Frampt the Primordial serpent. Where do i go now?

    submitted by /u/Not_Elon21
    [link] [comments]

    YESSSSS OMG

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    I wanted to fully upgrade my weapon so I killed the stray demon but like a dumbass I homeward boned and never picked up the titanite slab or it's soul, I went back and they were gone..

    I've been farming the dark wraiths in new londo for like 3 hours and I finally got the titanite slab!

    submitted by /u/Kwopp
    [link] [comments]

    Sadness...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:01 AM PST

    One day, you will ring the Bells of Awakening for the last time. One day will be the last your Chosen Undead leaves a bonfire, determined to go on. One day, you will be exploring the Undead Parish, and the bell will not be ringing anymore.

    This occured to me after going back and making a new character to try and finally beat this amazing game. Someday the bells will stop ringing, and I may not have rang them both in my life.

    submitted by /u/TheWhoamater
    [link] [comments]

    If the Chosen Undead hollow or not? How come you can die over and over and return to the same timeline, but almost all NPCs either go hollow or die and are gone for good?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:02 PM PST

    I understand "gAmE LoGiC" but still.

    Is it because you're not actually hollow, but in the process of hollowing? If that's the case, you could kill Solaire or Siegmeyer before they actually go hollow, and they should respawn but agro you indefinitely.

    submitted by /u/ryan770
    [link] [comments]

    The New Game+ realization

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:43 AM PST

    The first playthrough was just a warm-up..

    New game+ is the real Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    Tried Killing Taurus Demon 2x and he cheesed himself each time

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:05 PM PST

    I haven't played Dark Souls since PTDE, but picked up the Remastered on both Switch and PC at their launch. This week I decided to sit down to play the Switch version.

    I spent three hours in the morning challenging the Taurus Demon as he stomped me to the curb while I tried not to cheese it. I didn't want to plunge it to death... I wanted to defeat it mano a mano: with an axe like the one I have to pick with it. Then I rolled off the wall while trying to dodge one of its attacks and it decided to chase after me killing itself in the process.

    I sighed and decided to put the game down for a bit. I didn't feel up to another run because I had already spent so much time throughout the week practicing my timing on the random undead.

    About an hour ago I decided to boot up the PC version since I was curious about the visual quality differences and the impact that 60 FPS would have. It's gorgeous; however, that's a story for another time. I got to the Taurus Demon with my axe in two hands and charged in. I dodged his first attack, got one strike in, then he pushed me off. Again, he followed me to his doom.

    My pride is hurt... And this is just the beginning.

    submitted by /u/cadwal
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Gwyn on my first attempt!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:08 PM PST

    I ran in with my bellowing dragon ring and dusk crown and threw some big fireballs at him. He died in 4 great fireballs and 2 great chaos fireballs. I also can't understate Solaire he distracted Gwyn long enough for me to use my estus after getting hit once without him I probably would've died. Praise the sun! 10/10 game

    submitted by /u/Teejayburger
    [link] [comments]

    Steam deleted 10 hours of progress. Reverted save.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:37 PM PST

    My save reverted to a much earlier save. Idek.

    submitted by /u/cznii
    [link] [comments]

    The best welcome

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:53 PM PST

    To the invader who was oh so nice to me and dropped twin humanities and souls, I simply have a few things to say. You complete me. And I will never forget your valiant effort to assist me in my journey. May we cross paths again, so I may assist you, Sir Crazy Uncle.

    P.S. I just got this game and I'm loving it already

    submitted by /u/Activision_sucks
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!! 1st playthrough complete.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:06 PM PST

    STR build using Greatshield of Artorius, BKS until I got the STR and found the BKGA. Havel's ring with heavy armor. Very satisfying game, I'm glad I bought them. I did a little bit of NG+ but I want to jump into DS2. Any advice before I make the switch? Will my tank build be viable in DS2?

    submitted by /u/BeardyMcBlueRope
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Dark Souls!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:45 PM PST

    It wasn't nearly as hard as i expected it to be, dare i say even easy. Maybe it's because i lucked out, getting the BKS back at the Undead Burg, maybe it's because i overleveled, making everything easy, even Gwyn, who's fight lasted shortly, but still was somber. All i know is that now, it's time for New Game +, to right the wrongs i did before, and to taste real Dark Souls difficulty!

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    Mmmm....Mmmmm....Oh-Ho! Decided to make a Scrub's Playthrough/Guide for this amazing game. \[T]/

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    Hey everyone, this is my first post...please be gentle.. o.o (or don't be as I've made it through Dark Souls and thus can take a beating)

    I've loved playing this game and decided to make a playthrough/guide series on YouTube. This is my first time "creating" content and was hoping maybe for some feedback. I have only uploaded the first episode so far.

    I decided to make the series cause I loved playing the game and I don't think I'm that great at it. So I figured it would be like a scrub playthrough to try and help any fellow scrubs. :)

    Whenever I watch people's playthrough videos I cannot repeat what they do sometimes because they're better players. Anyway, that's reasoning for creating the series.

    If anyone has some time to skip through or anything and provide some feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

    YouTube Channel: Hyrule Engie

    Part 1 link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wSlAIv6OiY

    Thank you and pray that we never go hollow. \[T]/

    submitted by /u/HyruleEngie
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by using the soul of sif to create the same item twice while trying to get the achievement

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:03 AM PST

    I'm trying to get "the dark soul" steam achievement on DSR, and to get that I need all the boss itens which includes the 3 itens from sif's soul. As i'm sure you know, the sole reason you need to go to NG++ is to get his third soul and now by wasting one I'll have to go all the way to NG+++.

    That's it. Just wanted to say this somewhere, since I'm pretty sad/upset rn

    (guess the "story" tag is the appropriate one, but i'm not so sure)

    submitted by /u/SugestedName
    [link] [comments]

    After many tries and many close attempts ruined by recklessness, I have slain the black dragon

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 04:42 PM PST

    I tried so many times. Switching weapons, switching armors, leveling up, and every time I got close I would either get reckless or he would mark me and kill me instantly. But finally he's dead and I can reap the reward of a useless ring and bragging rights

    submitted by /u/Bsmith117810
    [link] [comments]

    Humanity and Darkness

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:05 PM PST

    So I'm a bit confused about the relationship between humanity and the darkness (or the abyss, if that's the same thing.)

    So I do not understand the dark soul. How does it serve humanity? What powers or abilities do we get from it lore wise? Is the darkness our ally as humans? Meaning if the age of fire is extinguished, do humans now rule? Are we the dark lords? And if that is the case, why throughout the story do we fight manus and through abyss? Manus is a human and the abyss is where humanity should thrive right? Because the dark soul thrives in the dark correct? Are we willingly hurting our own or is this part of gwyns grand deception? Meaning if we prolong the flame, we are just keeping darkness (also humanity) at bay, correct?

    In general,

    Does darkness = humanity?

    If so, why do spend the entire game fighting it? Is it not better for us as humans to extinguish the flame and now be lords.

    If not, then what is the dark soul? What does it have to do with humanity?

    Love the game and its lore. But just need some clarification before I proceed in the story. I want to know right from wrong here lol.

    submitted by /u/Armani201
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls difficulty modes. (Do you agree?)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:03 AM PST

    Pyromancer - Easy mode

    Knight - Normal mode

    Waste of skin - Hard more

    submitted by /u/CrunchyConniptions
    [link] [comments]

    A flap and then an honourable duel sir.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:58 AM PST

    Dear Friedrich.

    I was just invaded by you whilst in the dukes own archives and while I was not very successful in fending you off I do appreciate that you waited until we were clear of the mobs in the area before initiating our duel.

    As you black crystaled away from my world as the poison slowly took hold, I hope you will take comfort in knowing I had in my possession a ring of sacrifice.

    I had not thought to need it but as this was a purely PvE build I was unlikely to be victorious and was fortunate to have it equipped.

    That you returned the favour of draining your estus is also equally appreciated. Farewell my friend. And dont you dare go hollow...

    submitted by /u/Artemis3999
    [link] [comments]

    Please help save my controller for bed of chaos (XBOX DSR)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:59 PM PST

    I refuse to believe I can solo every single boss in the game but be stuck on this shitty boss. Don't give me advice, I'm done trying. Please someone hmu on Xbox (Soft Toastt) and save me from this fucking hell. I'm on anytime.

    submitted by /u/Demaciaishomo
    [link] [comments]

    Two questions from a first time player

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:16 PM PST

    First of all I want to thank this community. I was really struggling to get through Sens fortress and I got nothing but positive feedback which helped me keep pushing. Finally I got through that bastard of a level! I now just got into the cathedral and had two questions:

    1. Should I be kindling ever bonfire I run across? I have been kindling most of them but I am worried about using up humanity.

    2. I have the soul of the moonlight butterfly, soul of quelaag, and the core of the iron golem. Should I save all of these for weapons or only some of them?

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/mikeycamikey10
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players (ps4)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:32 AM PST

    Started ng+ and haven't seen a single summon and I'm struggling a bit lol. Any help would be appreciated .

    submitted by /u/teefymcteephteeth
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls my 8th time. And damn is this game great.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:44 PM PST

    I just love this game. On each play through i tried new builds, found new stuff, entire areas even. This is just an amazing game, and I'm happy that it's been remastered, because if it wasn't for that I'd have no idea about this masterpiece of a game. I've tried practically everything and I'm still finding more. Greatbows, Bows, Miracles, pyromancy, and sorcery. I love it all. The different weapon classes, everything. 3 weeks ago a found out curved greatswords are a thing, and I'm happy that I didn't look anything up before playing, as my experience was so great. I'm currently on NG+2 and I still love it.

    submitted by /u/Jacket140
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment