• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ZullieTheWitch on twitter: The runes on the handle of the Astora Straight Sword are actually legible words, written in a mix of Elder and Younger Futhark.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:06 AM PST

    https://twitter.com/zulliethewitch/status/1215291251035119616?s=21

    Loki, a Souls mod author, and her friend Untz identified and translated the text:

    The Setting of the Sun was Delayed, A wound cuts deeper into Humanity

    submitted by /u/folkdeath95
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark Souls for the first time ever tonight.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:58 AM PST

    After about a week while playing with friends, I finally beat Dark Souls for the first time. I did a mostly strength and dex build and used the black knight sword through out most of the game. The armor I used once I was able to get it was Ornstein's armor with the Mask of the Mother. Rings I used were Havel's ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection. Started new game plus and got all the way through Anal Rodeo in probably under an hour and a half, and I just opened the flood gate for New Londo.

    submitted by /u/knk13
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein just fell off the map “out the window” and we had to wait around for a good 40 seconds before achieving “victory”.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I've done this battle so many times and I like to just throw my summon sign down and casually help anyone out while playing another game in the background.

    This battle was going well and then Ornstein did an attack so close to the wall, he fell off the map and I saw my lock on target go significantly "below" us. Me, my summoner, and our NPC Solair we're running around in utter confusion for a while until we just got an auto victory. His health was still more than halfway full though

    Just a wild experience on what is normally a players very difficult "real battle" in this game. Shoutout to whoever summoned me! You really lucked out!

    submitted by /u/mycatisanevilSOB
    [link] [comments]

    I just got to Blighttown and it’s everything I didn’t hope for and more

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:03 AM PST

    I heard of the horrors of Blighttown, but it's definitely way worse than I thought. My main sword is in critical condition and all my other weapons aren't upgraded or I can't wield them properly :))). Getting to Andre it's not worth it because it will take me about 45 min (or more because I don't even remember the way back).

    At this point I wonder if I will ever get out of Blighttown

    submitted by /u/Shiana_
    [link] [comments]

    Killing a Gravelord Gank squad is the best feeling in the world.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:54 AM PST

    Ok so I didn't actually beat the gank squad. But I managed to kill one of them, and got killed at just the right moment that the host got one shot backstabbed by one of his buddies. Made my night.

    submitted by /u/lE0Sl
    [link] [comments]

    To the three guardians of the forest; drew, Hysmani and Mrs_Wild, thank you

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:23 PM PST

    Across nearly 4 hours the four of us Invaded each other, Got Invaded by each other, and Invaded alongside each other as Forest Guardians in the best example of what Dark Souls means to me.

    It was fun, frustrating, littered with lagstabs, and some of the most uplifting, silly and challenging co-op play I've ever had.

    Thank you for the irritating backstabs, fun rollings, and that one embarrassing roll off a cliff

    submitted by /u/BiscuitSneezes
    [link] [comments]

    Finally did it!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:10 PM PST

    Finally finished new game+ ! Now new game++ ?

    submitted by /u/mickirito
    [link] [comments]

    Four Kings - not doing even close to enough damage?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:12 AM PST

    Claymore +13, STR 25, DEX, 23. Damage = 373 for "R weapon 1", it's fully repaired. I can't tell if something is wrong or if I'm just not supposed to be here yet.

    I got the Lord Vessel fine (did plenty of damage to fatty and beanpole). Now I want to meet the other serpent guy before I decide who to go with, but I can't even kill ONE of the kings before there's 3 more which is just undoable. I'm just not doing even close to enough damage, period, and I'm not sure what the reason is.

    Edit: Beat'em. Thank you everyone. Details in comments for any future people who find this and need help.

    submitted by /u/-Jaws-
    [link] [comments]

    I Killed the Skeleton Smith, and I feel bad

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:27 PM PST

    But I got a Cool Hat :)

    submitted by /u/kolwaski_analysis
    [link] [comments]

    plz help me

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    I'm a "expert" of the dark souls saga ... but there's a problem: i want the platinum trophy of Dark soul 1 , i need the Channeler's trident i've farmed hours and hours with 410 lucky but they haven't drop it to me. please can someone drop it to me i need the platinum trophy! sorry 4 my english

    submitted by /u/18072004G
    [link] [comments]

    NEW LONDO RUINS IS WAYYYY WORSE THAN BLIGHTTOWN

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:03 PM PST

    I can not express how fucking frustrating and annoying this god damned area is. All the fucking annoying ass ghosts keep gang raping me. I passed blighttown in about an hour but this area is taking me so much more time. I've ran out of those items that let me interact with ghosts and kill them so I'm completely stuck and can't search neither for items nor for an exit. FUCK. THIS. PLACE. HELP. ME.

    submitted by /u/wowniceshoesbruh
    [link] [comments]

    I murder every NPC that i come across.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:32 AM PST

    They live in a shitty world anyways. And i can make good use of their loot.

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    Your encounter with Oscar foreshadows your encounter with Gwyn

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:40 PM PST

    When you first encounter Oscar, he tells you

    ...Regrettably, I have failed in my mission... But perhaps you can keep the torch lit... There is an old saying in my family... Thou who art Undead, art chosen... In thine exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the land of Ancient Lords... When thou ringeth the Bell of Awakening, the fate of the Undead thou shalt know... Well, now you know... And I can die with hope in my heart..

    When you encounter Gwyn, his challenge is for you to let him die with hope in his heart that the age of fire will continue (because you keep the torch/first fire lit), assuming you're a worthy successor. The first encounter invites you to internalize the myth, the other invites you to complete it.

    Alternatively, you can decline Oscar and stop there as a player or say no to Gwyn and stop the age of fire as your player character.

    The parallel is imprecise, but it feels more prominent with each new game or NG+ as both choices affirm Lordran's continued existence or invites something else, either as yourself or your player character.

    submitted by /u/fake_again
    [link] [comments]

    I recovered my honor as a dark souls player and as a gamer today

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:26 AM PST

    6 months ago, I started my first blind run on Ds1.

    I was doing fine until I met the famous double in Anor Londo, Smough and Ornstein. Has most of you know, it was very hard and I couldn't even pass the first fase, so I started to do some search on the weakness of both. Many hours later, with even guides and hints, I was stuck in the same place, it was really frustrating to me and it wasn't even fun anymore, so I used cheats to win that fight and I finished run.

    I may I finished the game, but inside of my consciousness, deep down, I didn't finish the game.

    1 weeks ago, I reinstalled Ds1, doing an Strengh build going full try hard with my +10 claymore, and my armor.

    Today, after 3 hour and a lot of deaths, I FINNALY DEFEATED THE BOSS WITH HONOR AND NO CHEATS AND IT FELT SO GOOD.

    Until today i regretted using cheats in a souls games but not anymore, because I finally redeemed my self and proud to call myself an gamer

    submitted by /u/CcDeath2001
    [link] [comments]

    Final Summon at the end (Spoilers)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:34 AM PST

    Having Solaire at the end waiting for you to summon was the greatest way to end the game. It was like an old friend that went through hell with you was just laughing, waiting.

    When I saw his summon I was hit with such a wave of laughter and joy. Then I realized it was very bittersweet because it was ending. That with Gwyns music was the perfect storm of emotion.

    When I saw Soilaires summon at the end I pictured him saying "Hello Brother, what took you so long? Ahhh another adventure, shall we? One last time"

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    Can the effects of a chameleon spell be seen as a bonfire ghost?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:20 PM PST

    And if not, then that must mean people can see what weapons you have equipped, correct?

    submitted by /u/lowlevelbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through for the first time.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:02 PM PST

    So ds2 was the first souls game I played and I had to quit out during FEL for sanity reasons. ds3 was the first souls game I actually beat. I finally full cleared ds3 and then ds2, to find out the edition of SotFS I bought came with a free digital download for the x360 version of dark souls and it was STILL VALID! I was super pumped and still am, but after 2-3 hours in, I feel like a brand new souls player and am floundering but the game is wonderful so far if I ignore the absolute crap my performance is.

    Anyone else have more trouble with vanilla dark souls than either of the other two or do I just need to "git more gud"??

    submitted by /u/MarqAbe
    [link] [comments]

    Possible glitches?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:35 AM PST

    So while I was playing tonight I made some progress, beat Ornstein and Smough , and I noticed some weird things. Firstly at some point the crest of Artorias got into my inventory and I know I didn't buy it. Secondly, and this one is kind of big, the skeletons in graveyard near Firelink seem to be broken for me. They attacked me out of the bonfire but they also stayed Dead with any weapon that I use. Has anyone else run into this?

    submitted by /u/tanman729
    [link] [comments]

    It warmed my heart ❤️❤️❤️

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:11 PM PST

    I started play ds1 in 2011 on the 360 and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Today I got invaded on remastered and I got invaded by a GIAND DAD. that made my entire day as that was my favorite build back in 2011. It warmed my heart to know he's still around.

    submitted by /u/niceBabyGravy
    [link] [comments]

    Strength Builds Trivialize Artorias’ Boss Fight

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:49 PM PST

    The poise helps make small mistakes not become catastrophic and the damage output from the strength weapons interrupt his buff easily.

    So yeah...

    submitted by /u/Goodwin_11
    [link] [comments]

    Blind Playthrough

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:33 AM PST

    On my first playthrough, I had to make a new character because of how bad I fucked up the progression because I had no idea what to do, what to get and where to go. Upon restarting, within 2 hours, I'm already nearly through Blighttown, have beat pinwheel and am not going to the demon ruins. I also actually have a +5 weapon and bought the weaponsmithbox.

    submitted by /u/GeorgeeWilsonn
    [link] [comments]

    Figured you all could get a few laughs out of this.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:34 PM PST

    So, I've finally taken the first step after setting a goal for myself to complete all of the Seki-Souls-Borne series and jumped into Dark Souls 1. I couldn't play these type of games for the longest time due to anxiety freezing me in place. It's currently been four days since I've escaped from that cell, and man what a journey so far. I just wanted to share moment from my journey that has me laughing at it now, when at the time I just wanted to stop. Hope it's okay and don't any of you dare go hollow on me.

    https://www.twitch.tv/just_data/clip/ResilientDifferentLocustFailFish?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

    submitted by /u/Just_Data
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play coop after I joined Path of the Dragon

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:41 PM PST

    So I was playing with my friend normally on The Duke's Archives, and before fighting the boss Seath I went to Ash Lake and joined the Path of the Dragon. Then I went back to the archives last bonfire and we tried to summon but nothing. When I thought the problem was my covenant then a changed to Chaos Servant, that is the same as my friend's. We are in the same level and we both didn't kill Seath yet. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/deathfi9ther
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment