• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I did itl

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:35 PM PST

    I beat Dark Souls for my first time ever and I'm on the biggest high of my life. This game is so magic, I've never felt this way from beating a video game. I won at SL75 with Havels armor and a crystal halberd with a dex build. Thank you to everyone who posts on here with tips for newbies, it helps more than you know. I'm on to the rest of the fromsoft games now, I just bought bloodborne and I'm so ready for that challenge.

    Praise the Sun, and don't you dare go hollow!

    submitted by /u/Rongvir_Bear-Killer
    [link] [comments]

    Proof of Perseverance

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:21 PM PST

    So I just discovered this obscure gem in which a girl who doesn't play video games and doesn't know how to use a controller beat Dark Souls after playing for two years straight, watching the playthrough is really inspiring because it really shows that anyone can play and beat Dark Souls 1 on their own without looking up guides or cheats, even those who are completely new to video games in general.

    Lots of folks out there will tell you that games like DS need an easy mode to be accessible to all gamers, but here we have this YouTuber who, without any substantial gaming experience of any kind or knowledge of the series, plays and eventually beats the game just by not giving up. I think it's an awesome look into both what it's like gaming for a non-gamer (see Razbuten's video for more on that) as well as an inspiring demonstration that insurmountable odds can be beaten with enough dedication and persistence.

    It's a great blind playthrough and I highly recommend watching.

    KylieTime's Blind Dark Souls Playthrough (Part One)

    submitted by /u/ElegantMonkeyMan
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the lore behind "lord vessels" and that other giant door in firelink altar thats in that seperated part thats inaccesable due to that giant pit seperating it.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:30 PM PST

    Just beat Artorias for the first time!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:35 PM PST

    So Dark souls 1 is the last Soulsborne game i played, and i always heard how good and hard Artorias was. I can say he defintly lived up to the hype, he kicked my ass and was a super fun fight, he felt like a Dark Souls 3 boss in DS1 in a good way, the lore was superb too.

    Overall i can say Artorias the Abysswalker stole a place into my Top 5 Bosses of the entire saga...

    Well now its time to continue playing the DLC, Manus im coming for ya!

    submitted by /u/maxus998
    [link] [comments]

    Banned for a while? They don't unban unless you email them. That's why.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:26 PM PST

    Bamco is no longer surveying their bans. This isn't new, but it's new to me.

    Preface: Last year I bought the game for my brother and we had an invader come in and somehow mess up our saves. My brother had a back-up, but I, sadly, did not. I logged back in and was welcomed with the message. You know the one. Anyway, for the longest time I just counted my entire progress and account as bunk and started over from scratch. It wasn't until this evening that I did a search on google and it brought me some answers from Bandai Namco forums basically stating that they no longer patrol their sweeps, meaning, if you are banned wrongly and want to have justice, waiting for it will not suffice. Send them an email. I finally got my account unbanned and I can again play with my brother without having to resort to using an alt account. I find it kinda funny because anyone with a brain can make an alt steam account to family share with and bypass the whole ban thing.

    Just kinda a psa or whatever you want to consider it as.

    Edit: I feel like I need to tie this in: If you have used hacks or something like that, this is NOT the respite for you. The only reason they unbanned me was because they were able to look back on the logs and see that it wasn't my fault. If you're a cheater, dont view this as a "second chance". Just had to throw that in.

    tldr; if you have been banned previously by other players messing up your save, send an email to bamco. Cheaters pack it up and go home.

    submitted by /u/Mobanda
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the dark souls dlc

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    So i just started playing dark souls for the first time in years and when i got it i didnt even really play it so this is like my first time playing it and loving it so far. I'm just wondering about getting the dlc because i dont have the remastered, i have the 360 version downloaded on my xbox one and i was looking at getting the dlc and it says on the xbox one store that i cant buy it on xbox one so i went to xbox.com and tried to buy it there but it just said the same thing. So my question is if i go on a 360 and buy it on that store will i be able to play it on the xbox one when i sign back in on that? this may be a dumb question but i just want to get the full experience if possible and if i cant do the 360 dlc on the xbox one then ill want to maybe get the remastered and the sale on the xbox store ends in a few hours and id want to take advantage of that. Maybe no one will know but thanks. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/superaustin
    [link] [comments]

    Streamer plays Dark Soul for the first time and makes a compilation of her misadventures in the tutorial.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:06 AM PST

    https://twitter.com/dumplingslol/status/1213045859476094978?s=21

    Thought it was funny and had to share with everyone, apologies if this is inappropriate content for the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/sugatti
    [link] [comments]

    If I don't kill Gwynevere and I die to Gwyndolin will I respawn back to the first Anor Londo bonfire?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    Help me choose between 2 weapons

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:54 AM PST

    I've been using the Black Knight Sword and got it to +4. I killed the Black Knight in the Catacombs and got his Greataxe. I have 4 Twinkling Titanite. Should I upgrade BKS to +5 or start using BKGA and upgrade it?

    submitted by /u/Davidoff7776
    [link] [comments]

    First time player

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:59 PM PST

    Just bought the series for Xbox one. I haven't really been an RPG guy in the past but this game has always looked amazing to me. Can anyone give me some basic tips or things to look for? What is the purpose of humanity and do the different types of souls do different things, or are they just named different? I started as a warrior because that seems like the most straight forward. What attributes should I level first? I just defeated the first boss and can already tell this game is going to be addicting.

    submitted by /u/SiiiiilverSurrrfffer
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people think the Age of Dark would be beneficial?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:59 PM PST

    As the title asks. The main reason I see is that it would be the course of nature for the Flame to fade, though I'm not sure why this is a desirable outcome. People eat to put off the natural way of things(starvation). They build shelters to avoid the course of nature(harsh weather). "Natural" and "desirable" aren't always synonyms. Besides, the First Flame itself interrupted the course of nature as it stood in the Age of Ancients. Letting it fade is straying further from that into something else, an Age of Dark. And, as far as we can see, Dark is generally not desirable.

    Most of the characters we come across who have prolonged exposure to significant enough amounts of Dark have poor fates. To preempt some criticism, I don't buy the distinction between Dark and Abyss; they are framed as being the same, they relate to Fire/Light in the same way. The idea that Abyss is Dark specifically from Manus is silly; that would be like saying that the First Flame is different from fire because it's the First Flame.

    New Londo was destroyed by the Dark, so much so that it had to be flooded to keep the Darkwraiths and their Abyss from causing more harm. Thousands of hollows had to die because of the Four Kings and Darkwraiths.

    Oolacile was almost completely consumed by the Dark. What creatures there that weren't completely consumed were mangled by the Dark, writhing in pain as they shamble around the wreckage. Oolacile was so thoroughly consumed that who knows how many centuries later the landscape is still scarred by it. No one ever settled there again, presumably out of fear that something similar to the Manus incident would destroy them.

    The Harald knights are turned into gnarled branches, unable to even fit in human armor. Midir, a descendant of the archdragons, is even infected with the dark to the point where he can be killed fairly easily with quite a fair amount of health left. Even Gael goes insane from his consumption of the Dark Soul-laden blood of the pygmies.

    There is one proper counter I can think of, the Undead Crypt. Though the "Dark" here is thematic only(well, and it relates to the lighting of the area); Agdane relates to Nito, not the Dark Soul. The dead in the Crypt prefer stillness, which fire disturbs and light disturb. In DS1, the Dark is associated with New Londo and Oolacile, Death is associated with the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants. Agdane's only reference to Dark and Light is to say that Gwyn feared an Age of Dark. He says that humans are strange for not separating fact and fiction; in other words, that humans wouldn't do this and that humans who may have tried(as well as Gwyn, apparently) were misled.

    There are also the locusts, though it's unclear if the locusts care about the Dark for much more than the food it provides them. For humans, the Dark only hurts them or makes them prey for the locusts.

    Additionally, the Age of Man is not the Age of Dark; otherwise, the Usurpation of Fire can't lead to an Age of Man. The Fire doesn't fade when usurped, and so the Church of Londor(whether intentionally or otherwise) is doing something different than what Kaathe had tried to in New Londo and Oolacile. This post doesn't necessarily vouch for an Age of Fire or Age of Man(or Age of Deep, I guess), but instead asks why the Dark is desirable beyond it being "natural."

    submitted by /u/AvaAelius
    [link] [comments]

    Don't know if this video has been posted before, but beat the Remastered for the first time and this video sums up perfectly how good this game is...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:54 PM PST

    and why there feels like something is missing in the others (on 3 right now).

    The interconnected world, and how big each level is, personally is what I feel is missing in DS3 (still love the game and especially the last few bosses!) My only complaint is the levels feel too small, and take max an hour to complete, whereas in DSR, Blighttown or Anor Londo (least favorite level due to so much running in empty space) took at least a few hours each not including bosses. In DSR Undead Burg (which I got super lucky going to since I didn't even see the stairs or graveyard) took me a week to pass and was my biggest block. But it made the game click for me. Honestly, everything I have to say is said better in the video so

    Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhtBsxAZNo

    submitted by /u/_Xyborg_
    [link] [comments]

    New to Dark Souls: Need Help Deciding on Two Builds

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:18 AM PST

    EDIT: Typo in Title

    "New to Dark Souls: Need Help Deciding Between Two Builds"

    Dark Souls has caught my interest recently and I need help deciding on a build. I've played Bloodborne and although it was difficult, I enjoyed every minute of it so I'm not too averse to challenges.

    The two builds that I'm looking at are:

    Glass Cannon Magic - How do you go about deciding whether to take the pyro or sorcery route?

    Hunter(?)/Pyro Build - A build focusing on Dex/Pyro to combo Power Within + Iaito

    My questions are:

    How would I go about deciding on pyro or sorcery for the glass cannon? I don't really understand the differences between both magic types, so what can I expect from each?

    For the Dex/Pyro build, how would I go about starting the build? I couldn't find a build strategy. Would I start as a Hunter? start as a Pyro? How would I allocate my points, is dex/end/vit okay?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/counterattackk
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite Dark Souls boss fight?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:17 AM PST

    Personally, I have to say Artorias of the Abyss. I love the character and his lore, and the boss fight is amazing. Also, I love Orstein and Smough of Anor Londo, I remember the first time I tried to beat them. I was alone, it was my first run and I couldn't make it and I was so angry but also fascinated at the same time.

    submitted by /u/nayru__
    [link] [comments]

    Lore Question regarding Gwyn and his Knights

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:03 AM PST

    So during your journey to rekindle the flame in dark souls 1 & 3 you battle various demons, monsters, and abominations that I assume the manus or the darkness creates correct? If not, who is the source of these creatures you fight along your journey?

    But here is my main question, as a Human trying to rekindle the flame, why do the forces of Gwyn oppose you? I am directly referring to his knights at Anor Londo. You are doing his will and prolonging not only the age of light but the undead curse. So..... why give you so much shit for this? Just apply this logic to the Artorias encounter. If the darkness didn't consume him, he wouldn't been your ally correct? He is killing the same thing you're fighting so..... yea. If anything shouldn't all of these knights be helping you? If they are human then I can understand maybe at one point they hollowed. But nothing really details what Gwyn or his knights are. I mean they look human.... but is that true? Idk. Someone please help me out here.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Armani201
    [link] [comments]

    Who here... legit loved the bed of chaos? Who genuinely thinks the bed of chaos is a good boss?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 01:46 PM PST

    If you do, that's fine. But I just absolutely hate that thing so much.

    submitted by /u/FrenchFryFiend3
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Dose anyone know how trading with the crow in the asylum works cause I drop the item in the nest, leave, than come back and it's still the item I drop

    submitted by /u/Ryan0910
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls 2 or 3 better for a new player than 1?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Ive heard how good these games are and want the challenge so ive started 1 but after the asylum I have 0 clue where to go at all. Theres no indication wherever where im supposed to even go (is it through the destroyed city?) and irl I dont have much time so Im not trying to walk around for an hour before heading in the right direction.

    Is dark souls 2 or 3 better for me where I can still get the challenge as a new player to the series but I actually know what the fuck Im doing? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Barkle11
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Gwyn...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I was beating Gwynn on my New Game+ save through parrying. Bless up for parrying. But then I couldn't help but notice. My character was somehow shifted into a rock after I got the finishing blow on him. Boned out and it fixed me though. Just thought I'd share lol.

    submitted by /u/Mermicus
    [link] [comments]

    Should I watch tutorials on youtube or enjoy the gameplay myself?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:46 AM PST

    There is just so many stuff you can mess up and have to start the whole game over again, which I don't want to do. But the struggle is real, and tutorials really do help since little of it is explained in the game(DS1).

    submitted by /u/3030deltron0
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone up for some jolly cooperation on Manus? (Remastered PC, SL66)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:42 PM PST

    How do I do PvP?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:18 AM PST

    I'm at Anor Londo and am about to fight Pikachu and Snorlax for the second time.

    My soul level is in the early 60's and I've just killed Lautrec and restored the fire keeper at the shrine.

    Should I wait to finish the game before doing any PvP stuff?

    If not then how do I access it?

    submitted by /u/Kami7754
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment