• Breaking News

    Monday, January 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people hate this game?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 04:12 AM PST

    I honestly don't know why people hate this game... people say that it was too different but at least it wasn't basically a copy of the first game, as much as I love ds3 you have to admit it is mostly fan service...this game takes 2nd place for souls games that I've played out of ds3 ssdt and dsr...

    submitted by /u/The-True-Apex-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving a message in Majula made me realize how active this game still is! (PS4)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:23 AM PST

    So yesterday I started a new character and was in the mansion in Majula, collecting my titanite shards from the chest in the room upstairs. I stopped long enough to lay down a classic message you may have seen in your own time in Majula: 'bloody expensive...don't you dare!' in front of one of the tall shelves in the room with all the knick-knacks on it. About 3 hours later, I had over 50 ratings on the message! Not a huge deal, but considering the location, that's a whole lot of people starting new games, going into the mansion and seeing my message. It's great that even after all these years, a lot of people are still playing!

    submitted by /u/aztec_mummy
    [link] [comments]

    Today has been a very productive session

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:16 AM PST

    Just beat Fume Knight and Sir Alonne on my first ever playthrough and just found out you can upgrade your estus.

    I also discovered that the estoc (the main weapon I have been using throughout the game), is a strength weapon and not a dex weapon which is funny because with my build I have like 17 strength and 50 dex - doesnt matter too much though because I've had a raw stone equipped on my estoc because I thought it was powerful for some reason.

    Now I've respec'd hopefully the game doesn't feel easy, although I've heard horrible things about the third DLC.

    Seriously tho how tf is the estoc a strength weapon, cant believe I've never checked its stats....

    submitted by /u/Azzaz__
    [link] [comments]

    ...is co-op dead?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:56 AM PST

    I've been trying to be summoned for hours in iron keep to no avail. Even tried different areas like the sunken city dlc and hades tower and nothing... I play on ps4 btw

    submitted by /u/rin_onishi12
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    What is the best weapon or kind of weapon a new dark souls 2 player can use? I played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro and I fell Dark Souls 2 is way slower in dodging and stuff

    submitted by /u/ZantMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Can You fight Smelter Demon after Old Iron King?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:58 AM PST

    I Saw a Guy saying that He fought Smelter after. I am at NG++ now, Just to get to Drangleic Castle. I just want to light the primal bonfire. Is it possible to fight Old Iron King before? I don't know if this is a silly question, sorry.

    submitted by /u/Lu1z15
    [link] [comments]

    Your personal favorite moment during DS2?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:09 AM PST

    I'd like to see what the communities favorite moments are throughout DS2.

    Mine has to be seeing Aldia, scholar of the first sin after that back to back double boss fight. Hearing that distorted gritty voice say "you, conquerer of adversaries, give us your answer" got me all pumped up.

    submitted by /u/Dr3am_Watcher
    [link] [comments]

    [Xbox One] DS2 Service Unavailable?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Both my friend and I have gotten this message every day all day for the past 3 days but I can't find a single mention of the servers having issues? Does anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/420xSWAG
    [link] [comments]

    Question on Trophy Flair (Platting DS2)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:31 AM PST

    I'm about to farm my 30 sunlight medals then I'm on to Ng+. I am completely new to reddit, but I saw a post asking what the trophies by people's names are and it seems you get one for each platinum you get? I've already platted DS1, DS3, BB, and Sekiro, so I guess, what kind of proof do I need?

    Thanks for the patience with a new user!

    submitted by /u/Krekthar
    [link] [comments]

    Why does DS3 shit on DS2 lorewise?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Seriously

    Just look at this item description:

    [Shield of an ancient king who was cursed by an all-consuming thirst. In the end, he was no king.

    The residue of the king's lust still smolders within this shield, increasing the number of souls absorbed when enemies are defeated.]

    (https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Shield+of+Want)

    Ds3 is way too harsh on ds2 imo

    submitted by /u/CrystalMaterelius
    [link] [comments]

    Servers down a lot, new to the game

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

    So I've just started on ds2 and have noticed the servers being down frequently, or at least I'm not connecting to them. Is this a common issue on ds2's side or is there a trick like dashboard, etc to fix this

    submitted by /u/godawgz1012
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any Dark Souls 2 'Lore/Ultimate' series, like EpicNameBro's 'From the Dark'?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:46 AM PST

    I absolutely love ENB's playthrough of Dark Souls 1, for the fact that it manages to balance gameplay and lore, all while teaching the viewer about the intricacies of the game. Does anyone know of any similar series for Dark Souls 2? I'm very interested in learning much more about the lore of the second game.

    submitted by /u/Potatoslayer2
    [link] [comments]

    Are covenant items still achievable?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I'm trying to get all the covenant items but most require online. Is it possible to still get them? I noticed some are buyable on NG++ but not all. Is it reasonable to still do online or are not enough people playing?

    submitted by /u/A-L-F-R-E-D
    [link] [comments]

    New to Dark Souls 2, just purchased the Xbox One Scholar of First Sin. What are major non-spoiler differences?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:58 AM PST

    (Not sure what makes this NSFW but okay)

    After playing DS1 on the Switch with a friend (and having to Solo the last boss which took a solid week of attempts) I've decided to not bother waiting for the potential DS2 Switch Port.

    What I'm looking for here is fundamental differences to DS2's gameplay and any beginner tips that absolutely do not spoil surprises. I want my body to be stabbed, crushed, torn and mangled by surprises, but would like a few survival tips to at least have a better chance.

    submitted by /u/SummonerRed
    [link] [comments]

    Pate + Creighton quest not working

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Ive been trying to do pate+Creighton's quest but the final bit (then fighting in tseldora) isn't working. I just beat Freja, and I've been going to the room where they fight, if it's the room that can be jumped down to from the bonfire. Does anyone know why it isn't working/ how to make it work. I've also done their previous tasks.

    submitted by /u/starchiarchi
    [link] [comments]

    New player - Fashion Souls build advice

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:24 AM PST

    Hello.

    So, after I recently finished DS2 base game for a first time with some kind of a quality build, I want to start next playthrough. This time I will be cosplaying a boss, who became my favourite - Smelter Demon. So, basically all the idea is to use his armor and sword + some pyromancy spells. And here is my question: In my 1st playthrough I used light armors with high agility and my main defence was rolling. With Smelter's armor and sword, which is extremely heavy rolling becomes rather impossible. Should I level Vitality to the point that I will be able to roll with this set? Or should I use shield and forget about rolling? As far as I know some attacks are unblockable and roll is the only countermeasure. What do you think about it? And if shield only then which one?

    submitted by /u/Anivolus
    [link] [comments]

    Do I deal less damage with sorceries if im not from the sorcerer class?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:00 AM PST

    this has me thinking, might switch from a STR build to a Sorcery build if there is no penalization for not being x class.

    submitted by /u/Tojru
    [link] [comments]

    Flynn's Ring, Anyone? (X360)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Long story short, I am on X360 and not planning on getting the DLC since I may just get a nee console and the Scholar version but since Return to Drangleic may happen I really want to make the most of it and a build I am working on needs this ring.

    Anyone who could drop it for me?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:44 AM PST

    What weapon should I use, right now I'm inte the lost Bastille and I want a good stronk weapon, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/jonte051025
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox One servers down?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Haven't been able to go online for the past couple of days... anyone else having this issue? Did they finally kill the servers?

    submitted by /u/ManicGodSend
    [link] [comments]

    I feel really stupid not realizing this sooner, the last giant doesent refer to it being the last species does it?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 03:55 PM PST

    It probably is supposed to refer to it being the last giant still alive after their siege on the castle. Thinking about it, maybe it should have been obvious.

    submitted by /u/DatFrostyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    [SoTFS] I might be posting this in the wrong place but can anyone gift me some specific armours that I would like? Or at least help me progress?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:24 AM PST

    I am trying my hardest to get to these armours but my patience with the game is wearing out. Can someone either help me through the game or help me get these armours?

    • Faraam Set
    • Dragon Rider Set
    • Drake keeper Set
    • Shadow Set

    My Soul Level is below 40 and my Soul Count in addition is quite low.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    If you can help I'll private message my username.

    submitted by /u/Benezio98
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb question but should I be letting my bud spoil the game for me?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 08:47 PM PST

    He is trying to help by telling me the best stuff but I don't care care about any of that. I just want to experience the game for myself. I am not sure how to tell him

    submitted by /u/thetakenking12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment