• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight is my favourite boss in the game, so I made a drawing of it poster style.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:28 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/0jyShj6

    what are your thoughts? I am thinking of making a similar drawing of velstadt as a pair.

    submitted by /u/MajesticFlaps
    [link] [comments]

    This made my day

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:38 AM PST

    i recently bought this game last steam sale and finally managed to finish downloading it. After 23 hours of gameplay, i wanted to be summoned to get some Token of Fidelity in The Lost Bastille, Ruin Sentinels area. I Stayed in that area for hours coz playing with other players is so much fun and helping them. After a while, i went to AFK while leaving my White soap stone waiting to be summoned again. i suddenly got invaded(sort of) without noticing, i only heard footsteps, which totally freaked me out and quickly checked my screen and i see a Jester(clown) guy just standing there and doing some circle spinning. i was on Guard the whole time when he was there, yet he seem no sign of hostility,he keep dropping that item that says "Sorry". so i kinda panicked the freaked out about it. so i just ran past him and jumped to death. Whoever that guy was, i was totally laughing my ass. He made my day from boredom. wish i could meet him again.

    https://imgur.com/yv5knkQ

    Thank you so much, that is all there is. now happily keep scrolling.

    submitted by /u/hanekawa089
    [link] [comments]

    How much of the history we see in DS2 takes place in one Age of Fire?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

    This is a question that I started thinking about while composing another reply elsewhere:

    We know that in the world of Dark Souls, there was the Age of Fire, and then the First Flame began to naturally fade, and things powered by the First Flame also began to fade (such as the seal of Fire that Gwyn put on humanity to hide away our Dark, hence the reason the "Undead Curse" manifests as we begin to resume our true, Hollow, shape; why this process produces mindless husks is a different question that DS3 just makes more confusing and isn't really relevant here).

    The Witch of Izalith tried to duplicate the First Flame but just created the Chaos Flame instead. Gwyn had to fight her demons, and then he himself committed the "First Sin" by sacrificing himself to Link the Flame, renewing its strength with the fresh fuel of his own soul.

    A thousand years later (per Quelana's mention of how long it's been since her mother made the Chaos Flame) the Fire faded again, and a fairly elaborate structure no doubt created by Gwyn and run by Frampt, Gwyndolin, and others guides a Chosen Undead to gather Lord Souls and again Link the Flame.

    And thus it continued ever onward. DS3 teaches us that the First Flame gets a little weaker each time it's Linked, until by that game it's barely embers. In DS3 we meet several Lords of Cinder who Linked the Flame in their respective ages.

    But DS2 takes place somewhere in the broad area in-between DS1 and the End of Time. And in DS2 we, the Bearer of the Curse, can once again link the First Flame (for the record, I believe that the Throne of Want is a device constructed to allow one with sufficient power of soul to access the Kiln of the First Flame...in DS1 we just walk through the door, but in DS2 we have to travel there by supernatural means; similarly in DS3 I believe that Lothric built its Firelink Shrine thrones using such a mechanism).

    Also in DS2 we learn that many kingdoms have risen and fallen in the area where Drangleic is now. Alken and Venn occupied the same space, as did the kingdom of the Old Iron King. The land of Olaphis was apparently somewhere in there. And the kingdoms of Shulva and Eleum Loyce may have been somewhere on the continent as well.

    The question is, however, did each of those kingdoms map to a separate cycle of Linking the Fire?

    The obvious answer is yes--Fire was Linked, souls flourished, great kingdoms rose, the Fire faded, the Undead curse returned, and kingdoms fell, rinse and repeat.

    But! The interesting thing is, we don't know who actually Linked the Fire during those ages! In fact, all of the powerful entities who could have become "true monarchs" and Linked the Fire that we encounter and are told about, specifically do not Link the Fire. Vendrick chose not to take the Throne but fled to the Undead Crypt to keep the First Flame away from Nashandra. The Sunken King was killed when Sinh's poison ravaged Shulva. The Old Iron King was killed by the Smelter Demon, tossed into the lava, and his corpse became the demonic "Ichorous Earth" entity. The Ivory King descended to Old Chaos and became corrupted by it.

    We do not learn of any Lords of Cinder in Drangleic. Nor do we have any kind of fight at the Kiln a la Gwyn or the Soul of Cinder to confront.

    So I begin to wonder--did all of DS2's history, its fleeting kingdoms, did it all take place during one Age of Fire? Did each champion, each potential hero, fail to Link the Fire? After all, the first post-Link Age of Fire lasted for a thousand years. That's enough time for many kingdoms...

    (Similarly, if the First Flame was Linked during this history, then by whom? For all we know, after Olaphis fell, the Flame was then Linked by someone else, Aldrich or Yhorm, for example, in a completely different part of the world that has no impact on Drangleic's history!)

    submitted by /u/DezoPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel's quest left me an emotional wreck

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I don't know what is it about this game but all the different quest lines are so greatly paced. Lucatiels was one of them. The thing that she is so harsh the first time you meet and then proceeds to try and relax seeing we are not her enemy. The calmness in her voice, that its slowly turning to despair as you meet again and again... Her dialogue is over the top, perfectly done by her voice actor(who I sadly don't remember currently) and makes you feel her pain and the stuff she is going through, slowly but steady losing her humanity and eventually(according to ds3) going hollow. Her last encounter in aldias keep is super emotional, at least for me, especially when she begs us to remember her name since she may reach the "point" of not remembering herself(we all know what Pont in talking about). Overall such an epic and amazing quest, emotional and just... Great

    I personally always thought that when be beat nashandra and aldia, we cure our curse and find and cure lucatiels as well. Her dialogue is one of the few times I wanted our character to be able to actually talk rather than when need to say yes and no(and since we "talk" only when these options are available, I'm guessing we nod).

    I made a little fanfic in my mind in our encounter in aldias keep. We go through her normal dialogue and all. Then, we knew close to her, grab gently her hand and place a human effigy there. Ten we stand up, turn around and as we are about to leave, she asks if we could stay with her for a little longer to which our character replies, "would want anything else to do.." and we slowly proceed to sit beside her, gently hug her and spend a night there at the bonfire

    To sum up, I wish we had a continuation to her quest so she doesn't die

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS: Does the pursuer boss (behind boss fog) not appear if you already killed the one that gets dropped by a bird?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:57 AM PST

    coz I killed the one that gets dropped by the bird and the boss pursuer isn't appearing for me, there isn't even boss fog.

    submitted by /u/CalebHatesYou
    [link] [comments]

    If I spoke to Lucatiel in the Lost Bastille before No Man’s Wharf did I screw myself out of getting the achievement for her quest line?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Omg,I finally defeated the purses after dying like 24 times solo!!!!! It just feels sooo great!!!!!! Thankyou darksouls community for the tips��������

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Is great resonant soul still powerful? Haven't played in years

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Just thinking of builds to make, thanks!

    submitted by /u/gentlemenmanrl-
    [link] [comments]

    Finally soloed the Fume Knight, not for a lack of trying to find help (First Play through)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Man that bastard wouldn't die! His phase two took me a super long time to learn, and I even tried switching my build around a few times. Finally beat him in The Jester armor using a great sword and playing extremely carefully and dodging diagonally into most of his attacks, kind of felt like blood borne but sometimes not as responsive, but when he went down, that victory was sure sweet. Also can't fight Sir Alonne yet due to not progressing far enough in the game to get the Ashen Mist Heart or something like that item, welp I may have unknowingly jumped into the DLC thinking it was my next path of progression, or at least that's what it seems.

    submitted by /u/ThatOneAnimeGamerGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Inigo Montoya/Guts Build

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:58 PM PST

    I know it is a bit strange, but both these characters are badasses. I love the Rapier/Espada Ropera and the Greatsword. I was wondering if it is viable or even possible to make this build? I was thinking a 40/40 quality build but im not a Dark Souls master so I really dont know. PvE content is my main concern. Thanks for any helpful comments.

    submitted by /u/Xendesien
    [link] [comments]

    Did the no-death, no-bonfire run.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:57 PM PST

    It's honestly one of the more fun challenges I've done in "SekiroBorneSouls" and it pains me that DS2 is the only game that lets you buy unlimited healing from a vendor, making it the only game where it's feasible to do without too much practice. Difficulty-wise it's really only a challenge up until you get Santier's(didn't wanna bother with buying repair-powder) assuming you take the route I took, since from about that point onwards your Vigor starts snowballing to the point that you have to REALLY screw up to die.

    Props to the Fromsoft B-team for actually giving you a reward for doing this too, those rings are nice.

    Would recommend if you're looking for a fun challenge.

    submitted by /u/Argamep
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you random sorcerer

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    I was in the lost Bastille coming from No man's warf and I found this fog door and a message saying summon in next room so i went into a side room and summoned this person and went through the fog door and there were 3 tall slim metal people with halberds and thanks to them and a little luck I was able to beat them on my first try

    Edit: turns out that was an npc so thanks person who left that message cause I wouldn't of found them without you

    submitted by /u/Remember_Poseidon
    [link] [comments]

    How is damage measured in the game?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:26 AM PST

    I was upgrading my current armor set up to +8 and then checking the differences in "Vs Slash/Thrust/strike" on my character page. Does it work like, if an enemy strike has a base damage of 400 and I have a vs. strike defense of 300 I end up taking 100 damage or am I missing something?

    Thanks for the response in advance

    submitted by /u/ItSimplyFunctions
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 help

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Dark Souls 3 was the first game I had played in the series. Then I played Bloodborne and then Sekiro. What do I need to keep in mind when starting Dark Souls 2?

    submitted by /u/Philindigo
    [link] [comments]

    This statue

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    What is the story behind this statue? IT's unique , big, and hidden away in a very out of place nook. I like it. It says that this place is significant.

    https://imgur.com/jeJK4Ct

    submitted by /u/deadman777
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:17 AM PST

    So a little bit of context here, i have about almost 300 hours in DS2 and ever since i got to the DLCs i fell in love with them, but out of all the 9 DLC bosses, my favorite was always Alonne.

    The epic music, the gorgeous arena, the way its only you and him without any bulshit, the way he sort of bows whenever you enter his arena, everything is just... A masterpiece.

    At first, i didn't know Alonne had the unique sepuku animation for whenever you didn't get hit by him, but upon having knowledge of it i had one goal in mind: beat him no hit one day.

    And i ended up making it! Well, not in my main character but with a meme build of my own, Uncle Pharros, but i did with a different setup from the actual build itself.

    The setup:

    • Lucatiel's Mask

    • Cale's Leather Armor

    • Vengarl's Boots

    • Royal Swordsman Gloves

    The Equipment:

    • Life Ring

    • Chloranthy Ring +1

    • Ring Of Blades +1

    • 3rd Dragon Ring

    • Winged Spear

    • Blossom Kite Shield

    After 27 or 30 attemps, i finally killed Alonne without being hit, and i feel very proud of it! This was a goal of my own ever since i got knowledge of it, the only bosses left for me now are Darklurker, Blueberry, Gank Squad and Lud & Zallen.

    submitted by /u/febntom
    [link] [comments]

    I am having trouble enjoying this game. I'd like it if someone was willing to add me on steam so I could ask them questions about this game and I'd get answers right away.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:17 AM PST

    I'd really like it if someone would be, essentially willing to catch me trough the game.

    My steam name is seniorherrabanani (techies picture)

    submitted by /u/herrabanani
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for dual bone fists

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:46 AM PST

    Trying to make a black dragon bone fist build at a low sm to help out newer players and have some fun with it :)

    submitted by /u/KJY2018
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a spare Fume Sword they’re willing to trade?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:17 AM PST

    My SM is around 3.5m and I'm on PS4, just lmk what you want in return

    submitted by /u/jakrictel
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing. Is there any way to equip/light torches other than at bonfires/lit posts?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 04:31 PM PST

    Just reached Freja and all the signs there are telling me to carry a torch. Do I just have to carry one from the nearest bonfire or can I take one out at will?

    submitted by /u/Mogsike
    [link] [comments]

    Just started DS2

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:44 AM PST

    Finished DS1:Remastered yesterday. Before that I've finished Bloodborne and DS3. I know, the order is interesting. Maybe after this I'll play Demon's Souls :)

    Now I started DS2, played for 30 secs and died because of the hounds. Instant "This is Dark Souls" - trophy. Lol, loving it! :D

    submitted by /u/djkasi
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my ds2 build. Please

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:37 AM PST

    Hello, im new to DS2, so im not sure if this build is gonna be good or not, so please give me your advice about this. My intend is to get to sl150 as i read its best spot for pvp and get stuck there.

    Edit: Am I scared too much about fat roll? Do i need normal roll for Tank build?

    Have a nice day ;)

    https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/81396

    PS: For fashion soul police: I really love look of Havel´s Armor since DS1

    submitted by /u/peageon112
    [link] [comments]

    Can't powerstance Zweihander even though I have requirements?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:34 PM PST

    Hey, so the Zweihander requires 24 strength and 12 dex, so powerstancing requires 36 strength and 18 dex (150%?). I have 48 strength and 28 dex, so I should be able to powerstance it right?

    But when I try it, it just two hands my offhand.

    I know I'm doing the right things cause I seem to be able to power stance dagger and blue flame etc, but the math doesn't add up. Help.

    submitted by /u/Adnotamentum
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment