• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 22, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 10:08 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Time ranked Dark Souls as one of the top 10 games of the decade

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 06:34 PM PST

    My reddit secret santa has arrived! Gather round the Bonfire Ashen one!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 06:29 AM PST

    Its the first year i've signed up for the reddit secret santa and it definitely didn't dissapoint. I've ran out of shelf/desk space at the minute so i've ordered another shelf just to display this.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/gAjKU4o

    submitted by /u/i_liek_games
    [link] [comments]

    I just rang the bell!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 03:28 PM PST

    It's taken ours. Like. Genuinely hours to kill the gargoyles, but, I've finally done it! My dog wasn't the happiest at my victory laps around the room!

    My goodness, this game.........!

    submitted by /u/scudango
    [link] [comments]

    Abomination of the Painted World

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:27 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/Gg1h1IY.png

    Did some fan art of everyone's favourite fluffy tailed optional boss!
    Thought some people might enjoy it :)

    submitted by /u/CrazyGhostle
    [link] [comments]

    Turns out Solaire is an absolute unit.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 02:14 PM PST

    Yeah so I read that you can summon Solaire for Gwyn, so I thought why not as I needed the To Link The Fire Trophy. (Don't worry it was NG+ and I have fought Gwyn solo before, but I didn't realise that walking away from the First Flame would trigger the Dark Lord Ending, so I had to complete another NG cycle.)

    Anyway, it turns out that in NG+ Solaire is an absolute unit and can very nearly kill Gwyn on his own. I had to jump in and smack Gwyn a few times though to save Solaire.

    I would not recommend it though if you're fighting Gwyn for the first time, you owe it to yourself to fight him solo.

    Now on to farm the rest of the Trophies!

    submitted by /u/MartyD14
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the Moonlight Butterfly!!!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:35 AM PST

    I've come here to celebrate with you guys my victory over the Moonlight Butterfly!! I know this must be such a minor and easy boss to you guys but as a new player i finally beat it, after ONE WHOLE DAY (with breaks, of course) !! Btw, what should i do with it's soul?

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    The way it is.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 10:01 PM PST

    Strength build? Here's a Channelers trident. Dex build? Have a BKUGS. Int? Ok, a Balder Side Sword for you.

    Yep.

    submitted by /u/just_soda_please
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone love daughters of ash?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:08 AM PST

    I'm a PS4 user who hasn't gotten into PC, but boy oh howdy does playing moded souls seem juicey to me, especially seeing as the series is on sale with steam. Is DS1 worth the purchase just to try mods?

    I love souls and would froth the randomiser runs aswell, just need an excuse to go grab it really

    submitted by /u/jakeyv123
    [link] [comments]

    Do I just suck?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:00 PM PST

    I just beat the Bell Gargoyles and have a +3 Claymore, a +4 Baldur Side Sword, and the Drake Sword but I still feel like I suck. I don't have any rings and can't kill the Black Knight in the Basin. What should my priority's be? Should I try to get rings or just press on ahead?

    submitted by /u/7468783aA
    [link] [comments]

    People to trade with?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:32 AM PST

    I've recently restarted the game, but don't know who I can sell/buy from. Is there anyone I can trade with around Lordran(?)?

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    Observing my brother's first playthrough. Do I sneak on and get the doll for him?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:10 AM PST

    Painted world, I think, is the best part of the entire game. I want to nudge him as best I can, but if he never gets the hint, is it ethical to revisit the Undead Purgatory for him and let him walk up to the painting for the surprise?

    What else do you think is fair to say and to not say? I'm erring on the side of saying basically nothing, but that's becoming pretty hard pretty fast.

    submitted by /u/Nojoakim
    [link] [comments]

    Parry??

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 09:01 PM PST

    How the fuck does one pull off a parry?

    Please explain it the way youd explain to a toddler because i don't even know what buttons to press or even how to set up for a parry. But apparently a parry is pretty OP so id like to get that skill under my belt.

    submitted by /u/JoPonchos
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about the Drake Sword

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:54 AM PST

    So, i just got the drake sword (after raging against bell gargoyles a bit too much) and it put a little icon below my stamina bar that looks like the heater shield (Blue shield) with a green up arrow next to it. Does this mean the drake sword boosts my defenses as well?

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between a magic weapon +10 and an enchanted weapon +5?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:10 AM PST

    I'm making an INT build and I've chosen to make magic weapons as I can put my levels into INT and my melee weapon will scale with it.

    I have a magic claymore+5 and I don't know whether to make it enchanted or to go for +10.

    submitted by /u/JeffSpaghett
    [link] [comments]

    What are all Dark Souls 1 quests?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 08:54 PM PST

    I'm making a checklist for completion and checked the Wiki but found it confusing. Can anyone just list all NPC questlines like:

    >Siegmeyer of Catarina

    >Solaire

    >etc?

    I'd be very thankfull!

    submitted by /u/LuHen_PaSil
    [link] [comments]

    DSR Switch coop player needed.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 05:55 PM PST

    If you have DSR on switch message me if you want to play together. I've already beaten the game and I started a new game and would like to play with someone.

    submitted by /u/ohveeohd
    [link] [comments]

    This newbie to the game just defeated a certain Abyss-corrupted Knight

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 12:44 PM PST

    Hands down my favorite boss in the entirety of DS1R (so far)

    There's something about him...I don't know...he felt like he was sort of teaching me how to defeat him, you know ? Sort of like the Orphan from BB

    This is my first time playing DS1, or any Dark Souls for that matter, but Artorias is by far an amazingly well designed boss! The difficulty was spot on and every time I dodge or blocked one of his attacks I felt rewarded, predicting whether or not he was going to pull a combo was a little hard but I realized he only tends to make four attacks at once

    A couple of advices for those stuck at him

    • you can dodge almost all of his attacks with a Greatshield - even the Eagle shield works! - minus his jump attack, which you want to dodge

    • a critical hit with a Crossbow during his Buff animation can drop him out of that, just shoot him when he hugs his legs/when his head is lowered

    • keep fighting! You'll learn to defeat him, the hardest part is the dodging but once you get the timer right you might as well have mastered rhe fight

    • dodge to the left, you know, your left, his right, most bosses are Right-handed, and you're supposed to dodge to where they're attacking you from, never, I repeat, never dodge backwards! Artorias is a fast one and he'll get you now matter what if you do

    • attack timing is key, like I said, his highest amount of hit combos is four, so hit him when he does that

    • you are going to get hit, the big jumping attack, not the small one, is a perfect time to heal!

    • when he buffs, and you fail to stop him, dodge, don't block, until he attempts to buff again, then shoot him with a crossbow to the head, and he'll go back to normal

    • and finally, wear something quick over something like Havel or Black Iron set, the Eagle shield is all the protection you need and agility during dodges is important

    You don't have to follow my advices, everyone plays as they see fit and part of this game's fun is finding out how you want to play it

    Btw, some of his cut dialogue made his story even sadder, "ah, Sif, there you are..."

    submitted by /u/palindrome777
    [link] [comments]

    Lag spikes

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 06:57 PM PST

    I am able to run darksouls 3 perfectly fine but when I started playing darksouls remastered, I would get these random lag spikes. Does anyone know a solution?

    submitted by /u/Cilantro_Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat SL1 and I'm so proud. Here's a couple videos and some clutch kills.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 02:21 PM PST

    Always wanted to beat the game at SL1 and halfway through I was determined to do all bosses. Manus took me HOURS. Super proud of myself as it took so long. Currently stuck at O&S NG+ using RTSR.

    Manus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdALNp3C5c&t=134s

    Kalameet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOicU3159mA

    Gwyn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFO3IMfUV0

    Manus fight has a friend rambling while working on his Side-by-Side

    submitted by /u/RaleighSoliloquy
    [link] [comments]

    Sif the Great Grey Wolf

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:07 AM PST

    any tips on how to beat this boss or what level i should be for certain stats?

    Im using the wolf ring and the bloodbite ring and i try to roll under him when he attacks but he still hits me and stuns me

    submitted by /u/mr2thestars
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to level up in early game?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 08:38 PM PST

    So i have beaten the game several time, im in ng+6 and my character is SL 412. But today i was thinking "why not? I should create a pvp character, at this levels there are not a lot of people playing". I was reading that pvp ratio is sl 125 or like that, so... please help me haha

    submitted by /u/achinchillakundera
    [link] [comments]

    Can I leave the DLC area after defeating Sanctuary Guardian and return later?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 09:33 AM PST

    Need to level up a bit more.

    submitted by /u/FunfarFarfun
    [link] [comments]

    I think I just had 32 humanity sucked out of me.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    I went afk at the entrance to new londo, reading to do a bit of chunk grinding before I went to fight the four kinds and I came back with 00 humanity, so I thought I somehow died, but I have my souls, so my only conclusion is that someone sat there with a dark hand and sucked it all out. Is that even possible to survive? I have 31 vit.

    submitted by /u/Whales96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment