• Breaking News

    Monday, December 9, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Made minimalist fanart of Solaire and Siegmeyer

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:43 AM PST

    Hearing the bells ring

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 12:12 AM PST

    I beat DS on xbone a long time ago and had a blast from then on with fromsoft games. I recently picked up remastered on PS4 and have started playing again and still having a blast. I just beat the gargoyles and remembered you hear the bell whenever another person kills gargoyles and rings it in their world. I've been sitting here helping other people and when I leave their world after defeating the gargoyles I hear them ring the bell in mine and get giddy afterwards knowing they did it!

    submitted by /u/sushiiisenpai
    [link] [comments]

    I just complete new londo and jesus christ

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:48 PM PST

    when I finally drained all of the water I was not prepared to saw what was at the bottom. ugh it made me sick, way more so than my journey through the depth. so many dead body just piled up high, waterlogged and still rotting. I can't believe gwyn let this happen.

    also that 4 king fight was very risky. especially when I have to switch my equipment around since I can't wear havel's ring anymore. I thought manus was hard but this is a close second, I rather fight artorias again than the 4 kings. I killed 3 of the 4 kings and I thought I finally have some breathing room to take it easy, but suddenly BAM, there's mystery king number 5 coming out of nowhere ready to fuck my shit up. they nearly got me at the end there but thank god I decided to do this late game rather than early game.

    submitted by /u/Qverlord37
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got platinum!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:39 PM PST

    After grinding for Lord knows how long, I finally completed all of the achievements! Feels pretty good, but now I'm pretty well burned out on ds... Oh well, I'll pick it back up another time.

    submitted by /u/Ijsaw1
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5: Why are the worlds all in DS1, DS2 and DS3 semi-apocalyptic or barren of any civilization or society?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 02:12 AM PST

    Probably a stupid question i know, its not a complaint but something of intrigue. I like the fact that each game seems to take place following some type of cataclysmic event; can someone tell me or explain which these where? The rabbit hole for DS lore goes too deep for my ape brain to follow

    Or maybe i've gotten it completely wrong and no apocalypse has ever happened? Does it just happen to be the laws of its respective universe? Does each game take place in its own universe/time-line or all they all within one universe?

    submitted by /u/morganzy98
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Kickstarter book, looks interesting

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 12:32 AM PST

    What's the point of "tank" builds if they don't actually work? Or am I doing PvP wrong?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 04:01 AM PST

    I started playing Dark Souls again because I dig the game, the story is... interesting, and I thought I'd go for something new. Nope. Cranked my Strength to 38 to wield the Stone Greatshield, beat Havel through a door (which is a thing, apparently?) and swiped his ring, and am rocking (heh) the Stone Knight set along with a Black Knight Sword +3. Life is good. Bosses are easy. Kalameet doesn't exist.

    Within 1-2 minutes of entering the Depths, I get invaded, forgetting that I was human and not knowing that people actually still play online between two sequels and a remaster. Some guy comes in with a flaming, spiked sword and takes out most of my stamina in one swing. Next thing I know, he rolls, winds up at my 10 o'clock, but then I'm suddenly finding myself in the middle of a backstab animation.

    As someone with damn good Internet, I typically avoid fighting games online due to latency typically giving people with higher ping noticeable advantages (e.g. in this instance). It's the nature of the beast, I get it. But what really confused me was having more than 2/3 of my stamina depleted in one hit. I could take multiple hits from Black Knights, the Rocky Balboa mushrooms, etc, but none of that apparently mattered.

    Is PvP basically just backstabbing, then (or parrying, for the few that do)?

    submitted by /u/Metallica93
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your unpopular opinion on the game?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 02:22 AM PST

    Sorry if this has been asked before.

    For me it would probably be "Blighttown wasn't so terrible" and "Darkroot garden/basin can go ahead and suck it"

    Everything else I'm pretty mainstream.

    submitted by /u/Kyoko_IMW
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed first From game, Bloodborne, now looking at DS!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:16 PM PST

    After many years of recommendations, I finally checked out Bloodborne and LOVED it (after getting my ass kicked many times)!

    I wanna check out DS but have little interest in shields. It appears that DS3 is the most no-shield friendly and from what I've heard and seen, DS1 with it's cramped level design at times, a shield is almost necessary?

    Idk, maybe I wouldn't mind playing behind a shield, but I loved the aggressive dodge and counterattack nature of BB. If this is the kind of play style that I'm looking for, can I just play DS3 with a 2 hander and get the Dark Souls experience, or would I be doing myself a disservice by not playing DS1? Idk if I'll check out DS2 as I've noticed much more negative feedback on that title.

    Anyone else come to Darksouls AFTER Bloodborne? I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice! (I also just started my first Monster Hunter game... too much good stuff!)

    submitted by /u/squirrelysgaming
    [link] [comments]

    It finally clicked

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:42 PM PST

    I finally got to a point in his game where I full heartedly enjoying myself. After going thru anor Londo and beating ornstein and smough I can finally see why ppl praise this as the best soulsborne game. I've played the other ones besides demon souls but there is better world design and better level design that I think the other dark souls game haven't matched. I can't wait to get into ng+ and do some pvp I did not know it could be that fun

    submitted by /u/Shadow_Deku
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna complete seigmeyers quest line cuz I heard it’s really good

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:04 PM PST

    Can someone give me a no spoiler run down of where to be human ? I wanna understand the tears

    submitted by /u/dezmo369
    [link] [comments]

    The drug of Souls Games

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:49 PM PST

    No tl;dr since the topic is a bit complicated. Well structured opinions are appreciated.

    We all know the incredible experience of beating your first Souls Game; hell beating your first difficult Souls Boss. It gives you an incredible feeling of accomplishment and leaves you with a variety of feelings during and after the process of beating the challenge. It's like a drug. But is there anything after the drug that is these games?

    Now for a further in-depth approach: Dying to a boss and concentrating on not losing during a fight puts your body under immense pressure. When you finally beat that challenge and releave the stress your body releases Dopamine, which makes you happy and increases your blood circulation (amongst a variety of other effects). It's a reward system of your brain, basically.

    So, wanting more Dopamine and keep having this great feeling you continue to challenge yourself in the game, eventually beating it. But it's not enough to satisfy you. You want to keep this feeling! So, maybe you play the other games and beat those, too. But Dark Souls being an intentionally difficult game and incredibly designed leaves you unimpressed with other games.

    That's where the drug aspect comes in: Dark Souls is something like the pinnacle of "getting that feeling of achievement" The strongest drug. After Souls, most other games sort of dull in comparison. It's something like "the dark side of Dark Souls best aspects".

    Have you experienced similar feelings? What's your opinion on the matter? What is really left after "the ultimate drug Dark Souls"? Is this feeling something that more video game developers should strive to achieve?

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to do a miracle build, what to do?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:57 PM PST

    If you could add a cutscene to any boss fight in Dark Souls, what would it involve and why?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:04 PM PST

    Are There Any Inventory Encumbrance Mods?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:58 PM PST

    I know this isn't the most beloved feature in the world, but I really enjoyed the encumbrance system in Demon's Souls, and with the Bottomless Box at bonfires, I feel like it would totally still work in Dark Souls.

    I'm playing Dark Souls on PC for the first time (currently doing Scorched Contract, which is fun), and it occurred to me that other people might actually share my desire for an encumbrance system, but alas I have yet to find any via my Googling.

    So, does anyone know of any encumbrance mods for Dark Souls 1?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheVioletBarry
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to see if anyone wants to join me on twitch as I attempt to make my way through my first Dark Souls playthrough

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:49 PM PST

    Feel free to stop on by and give me tips or laugh at me when I die :) [my twitch link](twitch.tv/shino0bigaming)

    submitted by /u/Samk1230
    [link] [comments]

    Vinyl Soundtrack Sale Dark Souls 1 and 3

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:00 PM PST

    I just wanted to let people know that The 1 and 3 Soundtrack are 50% Off ( 19.99€ ) on the bandai eu store.

    submitted by /u/Living_for_the_drop
    [link] [comments]

    Switch-Looking for Capra help

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:17 AM PST

    Those damn dogs....

    I'm the furthest I've ever been in this game. Thanks to the NPC boss helpers. Capra is annoying. The dogs are in my face. I've got him down to 50% but it isn't looking good.

    Let me know if you are a DS master and don't mind helping.

    submitted by /u/juicebox03
    [link] [comments]

    Last comic in shop!!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:58 AM PST

    The cover alone is amazing! Can't wait to read

    https://imgur.com/gallery/YGcl1ED

    submitted by /u/ED9EL0RD_935
    [link] [comments]

    Back in Black (XB1)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    13 black knight swords, 11 black knight greatswords, 6 black knight greataxes, 6 black knight halberds all for the low price of FREE. undead parish church, network password "bnb" point forward for the sword. point up for the greatsword. point down for the greataxe, and beckon for the halberd.

    submitted by /u/CJ_the_J
    [link] [comments]

    To fast roll

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:31 PM PST

    I'm currently trying to get my elite knight to fast roll with my preferred weapons without needing Havel's ring. I did some calculations and went to grinding. Now I have 81 endurance and have concluded my calculations may not have been entirely correct.

    Shit.

    submitted by /u/nakrophile
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Trilogy help!?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:16 AM PST

    Hey reddit. So I wanted to buy the dark souls trilogy and I'm kinda confused. I see two versions online. One has 3 bluray cases in a pack while the other has one steelbook case with 3 discs. How are these different and is there a price difference between them. Its for ps4 btw. Thanks

    submitted by /u/VirtualCry
    [link] [comments]

    I can't plunge attack

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:22 AM PST

    I'm trying to kill a boss, and plunging would help a lot, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong? I go on a ledge, fall off, and use the trigger or bumper to attack right before landing on him, but it doesn't work, I don't attack. Why?

    submitted by /u/LugnutGuzzler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment