• Breaking News

    Monday, December 30, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Little tip: You can attack those nearly immortal pig gods in Majula as training dummies to try ouy equipment/weapon combinations

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:34 AM PST

    Great Club is the best weapon in the game (video)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:39 AM PST

    Its moveset is so good and versatile. Great damage, roll-catches and finishing moves. Very powerful and fun thing.

    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu4GWsaMpX8&t=2s)

    submitted by /u/valhollow
    [link] [comments]

    What game to pick up after the Souls series?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:49 AM PST

    Hey there, a little off-topic question. I just finished Sekiro, and with it all the "soulsborne" games. Which one would you recommend for me to pick up next? Vanilla Skyrim, or Witcher III?

    I am posting it in this sub as I have played DS2 as much as I have DS1 and 3 combined (1200h on II, 750h on III and around 500h on 1 and R combined) and I prefer the more stamina-management focused combat over the others.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't decide for myself. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Lesan007
    [link] [comments]

    When fighting the covetous demon there are cages hanging from the ceiling that you can shoot down to distract it.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:03 AM PST

    Ruin Sentinels

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:14 AM PST

    So I just beat those three cancerous gank bosses and all it took was all my human effigies and life gems, then a friend tells me it's an optional boss. Please tell me my friend is fucking with me and that I didn't spend 2 days trying to kill this bitch....

    submitted by /u/Abdelwahab42
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra Greatsword or Great Hammer?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:19 AM PST

    I have decided to make my character your basic tank and spank for PvE. I am just not sure wich is better overall, great hammers or ultra great hammers. I know the strongest fully upgraded seems to be smelter hammer for great hammers and lost sinners sword for ultra greatsword. I am leaning more towards ultra greatsword because I feel like they may be faster and the damage difference between the two weapons I mentioned is not major. I may also have either a hammer or greatsword as my secondary weapon. I am currently using the blacksmiths hammer as my main weapon.

    submitted by /u/BDMW96
    [link] [comments]

    The Pursuer

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:46 PM PST

    Just want to give a quick shout out to the guy who tanked all the pursuers hits (first meeting) in my new playthrough. I really appreciate the souls. PRAISE THE SUN!

    submitted by /u/AvengedAxe77
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] I made small QOL mod to have borderless windowed out of the box and fix the double click setting

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:29 AM PST

    It's a drag-drop-forget proxy .dll

    Standard worksforme™ and this-may-get-you-banned applies. Double click setting fix by constantly patching game memory to force the setting to be enabled (it sounds confusing to say that option to disable double click is enabled lol). So you don't have to manually flip it off/on each time you boot the game. Though this needs testing as memory manipulation can be a bit finnicky to inexperienced people such as myself.

    borderless part of the mod just forces the window to be well - borderless and desktop sized so you don't have to bother with game forcing 60Hz display mode (makes alt tabbing really long in exclusive fullscreen if you have different refresh rate). Added bonus is that you can set the window to higher resolution than your monitor and get some SSAA going (although window size is only set on boot so a restart will be required).

    If someone is interested in helping me test this out, just comment here or PM me.

    submitted by /u/SkacikPL
    [link] [comments]

    Hi y'all. I'm about to start playing DS, and need some tips.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:58 PM PST

    I decided to start with DS2, even though that's not recommended, but I want to start with something not so crucial to the main story arch, also the gameplay looks fantastic imo. I plan to play DS1 and DS3 after finishing this.

    I need to know if there's some good stuff in the beginning of the game, something that's pretty useful but could be hard to find by myself?

    Also, is there a boss that gives off that "git gud or unistall" vibe? Like how DS got O&S and Bloodborne Father Gascoigne, for example.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/BlackJ0ke
    [link] [comments]

    Just didn't have the guts to solo Lud and Zallen...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:24 AM PST

    Welp, title, i just wanna rant a bit about this...

    I bought the DLC's not long ago, and figured it out the best way to celebrate this would be to go ahead and soloing all of them.

    I went totally solo through the DLCS, and beat all of the previous bosses with not so many tries, i was feeling strong, tbh.

    But then i reached Frigid Outskirts

    Died over and over and over again to horses (Just TIL that ony one horse spawns per snow breeze), trying to find de wae to the bosses

    Then i ost a part of my will, went ahead and summoned Vengarl to tank some hits.

    Found the Boss room in that same try.

    I was going to despawn him, but then i remembered al i had gone through to get there and i was just like "Nah i'm not gonna go through that again".

    Just equipped my most OP weapon, healed Vengarl, buffed and went ahead.

    Beat Lud and Zalen in the first try... i guess.

    Huh... You could say i went hollow in that moment.

    submitted by /u/WitnesSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks Knight Croft

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:00 AM PST

    Big fkin thanks to Knight Croft for helping me beat Raime!!! Dude's a beast for putting up with me even though I died several times. If you're here, thanks dude!

    submitted by /u/tsunnyboi
    [link] [comments]

    I hate Black Gulch

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    That's it, I hate it, and I wanted to express myself.

    submitted by /u/NathanRAMx
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone. I just got ds2 for my bday and I “don’t know how to play” .

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    So like , what approach is the best/most efficient/easy approach when starting the game ? For ds1 it was just block all day every day and ds3 is either dodging or parrying to death . But in this game neither seemed to work too well and I just get comboed by longsword zombies. Am I playing wrong or does it just takes time to get used to ? Also what zones should I do first ? I'm guessing not the sewer-ish thing in majula? Also why the fuck are there midget pigs attacking me lmao . I just need some advices . Thx in advance and sorry for broken english.

    submitted by /u/AutismShooter
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to who ever gave me 9 giant seeds in heides

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:23 AM PST

    Im confused as fuck

    submitted by /u/thehumandickwad
    [link] [comments]

    I am confused and I need a bit help...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    So I am lost.I just beat the ancient dragon and I don't know what to do next and I have killed Throne Watched and defender so what to I do next? Do I have to find nashandra?

    submitted by /u/_Da_MeMe_KING_
    [link] [comments]

    I just got Dark Souls 2 in my Xbox one and I’m having a really hard time already, I’m at Cardinal Tower

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 08:06 PM PST

    Its harder then the starting area in ds3, I guess I have a long way to go.

    submitted by /u/username_Jomar
    [link] [comments]

    New player, playing on PC, with questions and statements

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:23 AM PST

    I am brand new to the souls games and I've got a few things to say about them

    1. This game is intensely fun and satisfying. Although I'm doing a bit of a weird play-through I haven't even hit the first boss yet and I know this is going to be something that keeps me entertained for at least a couple thousand hours. Finding the weaknesses in rooms and exploiting them to claim more souls is fun and rewarding. The constant battle to retrieve your souls from the tight spot you put yourself in before is annoying but still fun and intriguing in its own way. The ancient and evil feeling of the world makes me want to keep playing to see more

    2. There has to be a maximum amount of souls in the game. Foes only respawn 10 times before disappearing forever. There are only a set amount of things in the game, therefor there must be a point where it is impossible to gain more souls.

    3. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. One of the only complains I have about the game is how tedious it is, or is it? I'm playing a safe way to keep my souls because I'm a coward. What I am doing is going into a room and mentally mapping it and finding all of the enemy spawn points and what weapons they have and the room hazards then obviously being killed by the things inside. Then I go in slowly and kill the weakest things nearest to the entrance of the room and then moving on to the harder things. After I clear the room completely I will go back to the bonfire and rest or warp back to the far fire to level up. After that I'll go back into the room and do it again, and again and so on till the enemy's stop spawning, then moving on to the next room. This works the same way for areas with long continuous sections. It's a little tedious but I am seeing the benefits, the enemy's are becoming easier to deal with. I think it's because I've got more levels then the game is prepared for. I'm also pouring all my levels into DEX because I found this really cool fraught sword that scales off of DEX attack. I feel like I'm doing something wrong though. Maybe I just built up a legend in my head but I was prepared for an impossible game with impassible castles and unforgiving forests that require near instant reaction time and years of practice to win against. What I've experienced as just been a difficult and tedious game with absolutely amazing fighting mechanics. (I'm using a mouse and keyboard witch I was told was going to be troublesome, but hasn't been so far.)

    4. I'm already confused about the story. I am a hollow, who's soul is gone(?) Fighting other hollows who's souls are also gone(?) encouraged by humans who sell things to seemingly just one person(?) in a fallen kingdom who's king peered into the soul and...did something(?) to completely destroy the kingdom and make all of its inhabitants and structures decay(?) why can't any of the other hollows go and do what I'm doing? Why are the old ladies acting like they see hollows all the time? Nothing was in things betwixt, how did I get there? Why did I go there? Why are they there? So many questions that I'm sure will all make sense in a little but. but it feels like a universe I am supposed to explore without any actual information on.

    5. What should I keep an eye on in the coming levels? I mean what prices of information might an oblivious new player miss on their first run? Minor spoilers are okay but nothing too big.

    That's all for now, I'll probably continue posting as I go further through the game if the mods don't eat mad at me first. I'll be in the comments for a while, happy soul hunting you masochists

    submitted by /u/Throwmeoutjr
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for running a classy run.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Hi r/DarkSouls2,

    Over the weekend I had decided I wanted to do ENB Classy run for Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.

    For anyone that isn't familiar with what a Classy run is here's a brief explanation:

    • You are only permitted to use gear equipped to the class you chose (ex. Swordsman can only use Wanderer outfit/Scimitar/Shortsword)
    • No Starting Gift
    • No Rings (Unless essential. Decided Cat Ring was ok so I didn't have to dump a lot of levels into HP)
    • No Major Glitches/Skips (I decided x4 Rotten was skipping essential bosses)
    • Beat the game as fast as possible

    I decided to start with Swordsman because it has 2 weapons, and can get past most areas without worrying about durability while I was routing. Everything was going rather smoothly until I hit Iron Keep. I can't seem to run past all the Knights before Smelter reliably, and end up losing a bunch of time.

    Anybody have any tips for this area, and possibly some routing tips in general?

    submitted by /u/kryule23
    [link] [comments]

    Strength build

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:45 AM PST

    I've never done a ds2 strength playthrough so I'm kind of stuck on what to work towards. Can anyone recommend weapons and armour I should get? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bridge4471
    [link] [comments]

    Rosabeth has no gravestone?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:32 PM PST

    accidentally killed her in the ambush and i can't find her gravestone she never received cloths

    submitted by /u/TheJimboJuice
    [link] [comments]

    Who wants to do some coop?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:52 AM PST

    I'm currently at 3.6 million SM and I'm looking for someone to coop, If you want to be helped or do some pvp reply me

    submitted by /u/Giubby
    [link] [comments]

    Can i play DS2 without steam?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:44 AM PST

    Hello, i recently finished ds1 (real masterpiece), and now i want to try ds2, but i have little problem with steam client-> shortly i just cant install it. Is there some way to play ds2 without steam, like on some other launcher, sending money to devs for copy, etc. I dont want to pirate it, but i dont know what to do.
    Thanks for help and Happy New Year

    submitted by /u/peageon112
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment