• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls worth buying? And how good is it?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:03 PM PST

    I've played and beat dark souls 3, bloodborne, nioh, and sekiro. Is buying dark souls 1 remastered worth the 40 bucks after playing all those games? Is it as good or better than those? Also I've played DS2 and I didnt really like it for some reason, maybe it's because you lose some health after dying idk.

    submitted by /u/Pork-Fried_Rice
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:15 AM PST

    After 8 years, 20+ failed playthroughs, and 154 hours spent, I finally beat Dark Souls.

    Somewhere along the way I learned to manage my impatient and irritable nature and the sense of entitlement instilled in me by games with quest markers and ample quicksaves.

    I did it in a way I was always too afraid to try before, as an agile, ninja-flipping, katana-wielding, crystal magic weapon-buffing sorcerer who is always two hits away from death because he's decked out in the lightest cloth and leather armour instead of the usual plate and shield combo.

    Playing this way taught me more about the game than ever before, as I memorised attack patterns and ways to avoid them instead of trying to turtle while cheesing bosses with lightning spears as before.

    I did cheese O&S with magic, but they are cheap shits and deserved it. I feel like I'd regained that lost honour when I beat Artorias and Kalameet with melee only and no shield (except the grass crest on my back - because my squishy wizard is too weak to swing the Iaito one-handed).

    Artorias has now become the best boss fight in gaming for me - it's one that I've never felt cheated by and one that gave me an immense sense of accomplishment after I finished it.

    This last run took me about 46 hours, which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, but it's one I'll remember for a long time to come. It's not often people are changed by an experience, but this was definitely one of those times.

    submitted by /u/n3onrider
    [link] [comments]

    Managed to beat smough and ornstein tonight

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:01 PM PST

    It's not much, but I feel a lot better now. First time I played these two are the reason I stopped. Years later I picked up DS3 with a friend, loved it and played the whole series. And today, a year later from ds3, a few years after those two fuckers made me quit, I finally beat them. With no summons. Using starting knight equipment (part of a December dark souls challenge I read in the ds3 subreddit). And since I'm dumb I forgot to buy resins. I love how it always feels like an accomplishment advancing in this game.

    submitted by /u/Bobbimort
    [link] [comments]

    Smough's charge attack

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:40 AM PST

    I got summoned for O&S on the ps3 version. The host wants Ornstein dead first, so while him and solaire fight Orny im keeping Smough busy. Its all going good, when suddenly Smough uses his charge attack on me even though im right on his balls. No big deal, i'll get up and use a divine blessing. Oh whats this, hes using it again before i even stand up? Welp, goodbye host. Smough, you know a charge attack is meant to cover distance, right? Instead, he uses it to stunlock me to death. Damn you, Smough, damn you

    submitted by /u/CynicalisticSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Where are you pal?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:37 AM PST

    Yesterday on ps4 on Oolacile township. First you let me invade you trough dragon invasion and seeing that you weren't just trying to backstab me so we did a fair fight and i won.

    You let me invade you many times and we started giving ourselves gifts. I was giving to you Heroes' souls and you gave me a lot if things, also a silver pendant. You even gave me a fire keeper's soul that I returned soon after.

    Then we cosplayed some characters and we saw our weapons. I laughed so much when we did a fight with only punches doing 2 damage per hit.

    Then you didn't summon me anymore and i couldn't search you trough recent players met because i was set to offline...

    submitted by /u/Frasapo0408
    [link] [comments]

    I'm amazed by how alive the ps3 dark souls community is in 2019

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:26 AM PST

    I've been play ds on the ps3 super slim for the past few months (was handed down to me) and I've been amazed by how many people I've come across since the ps3 isn't a popular console anymore and most of us are on pc or the current gen consoles.

    I've helped a lot of hosts with boss fights (mostly in anor lando. from what I've seen it's the most active) and had a few summons help me out. before this post i helped out 3 players and met an invader.

    i see a fair amount in the start and mid areas of the game but still come across a few in the late game areas. if anyone else is still playing on the last gen consoles, how many players do you see?

    submitted by /u/Grizzy-TheKiwi
    [link] [comments]

    TIL

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:17 PM PST

    To always place your controller down carefully otherwise you will R2 and kill a blacksmith.... RIP this run

    submitted by /u/Dabs0121
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Sorcery run.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:38 PM PST

    I've beaten the game multiple times, but never without using a str/dex character. So if you guys could throw me some advice for stats, equip, etc that would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/ayeeeemurdock
    [link] [comments]

    Which Souls game the hardest?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:46 AM PST

    Smough and his name

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:02 PM PST

    Now as many hundreds of hours I have put into this game I've never noticed this, but playing through with my friend as he hasn't played this we have made it to the DLC. When you ask Hawkeye to shoot down Kalameet he pronounces his name, Gough, like you would pronounce Goff. So instead of Smough being pronounced as Smoge or Smawg or Smaug, what is the likeliness it is pronounced as Smoff like Goff (GAWF) I'm probably not the first to think of this but at the same time I've never seen any mention of this either.

    submitted by /u/ItsYaBoiPepster
    [link] [comments]

    Deluxe hardcover edition of You Died: The Dark Souls Companion

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:33 AM PST

    Hey soulsfriends, I wanted to draw your attention to the Kickstarter that just popped up for a deluxe hardcover version of You Died: The Dark Souls Companion. I think this book was generally well respected when it came out (written by former Edge writer Jason Killingsworth and IGN/The Guardian's Keza MacDonald) and this new version sounds like it's been really lovingly updated. Like, the cover has an embossed design based on the actual stain-glass window pattern in Anor Londo cathedral... Who does that?! And there's all sorts of other cool stuff. Definitely recommend checking it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630904556/you-died-the-dark-souls-companion

    submitted by /u/brammertime
    [link] [comments]

    PC Fight Club

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:31 PM PST

    I've been loving the DSR pvp lately. I wanna have a little fight club but know no one elae who plays on PC. It'll be Friday at 2000 CST. Lvl 125. If anyone wants to join drop your sign at the township! :)

    submitted by /u/FireSageLeto
    [link] [comments]

    Im so confused...

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:02 PM PST

    I have played and beaten bloodborne and sekiro and am now playing dark souls remastered for the first time, and im feeling much more confused than what i was playing the other two games, there are so many places to go and weapons and magic, i want to go through all bosses, i dont mind spoilers at all

    submitted by /u/bolaterolklk
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite dialogue of the game

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:01 PM PST

    The merchant merc at the top of Sen's Fortress when you don't buy anything:

    "Nothing at all? Fine then, rush in like a naked babe and be skinned alive."

    Because your character is likely nude when you make the jump across the gap to meet him. Visual pun.

    submitted by /u/Brain_in_human_vat
    [link] [comments]

    What's the purpose of Ash Lake and Great Hollows

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:36 PM PST

    There's nothing to do. I got all the way down and yes I got a couple twinkling titanite but besides that, why would someone travel down there?

    submitted by /u/daniel_1427
    [link] [comments]

    Is there still an active community for pvp in ds1 and 2 since they are older games and the hype for remastered edition has died down? For PC of course

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Moonlight Greatsword Build

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:51 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I want to try an INT build using the Moonlight Greatsword for co-op and PVP at 125. I'm struggling with one thing though - I'm not sure if it's worth the 4 stat points for Crystal Soul Spear. With 44 INT and 19 ATN I've hit 48 END which lets me get to about 35 poise on a fastroll.

    Is it worth going to 44 INT or should I dump the points in INT?

    submitted by /u/Iron_Pigeon
    [link] [comments]

    A noob in an unforgiving world

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:02 AM PST

    I'll make this quick, bell gargoyles. I don't need help in the battle aspect, I was just wondering if I could get any other armor? I still have the starting set and it really isn't up to snuff. I hate that it must come to this but it seems like my only option so I'm not constantly throwing myself into a wall. The previous boss was fun, struggled for a week and eventually made it out alive. I have been stuck here for about 4 months. Please help, I'd hate to look at a guide.

    submitted by /u/cold___ramen
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Reddit what is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you on dark souls?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:54 AM PST

    Character walking when I'm trying to run forward

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:23 PM PST

    Playing Dark Souls Remastered on PC on a DS4 controller and I'm having the same movement issue as this guy

    It doesn't happen in any other game like DS3 or Sekiro, it's happening wireless or wired. It's making the game unplayable as I'm randomly walking when trying to run forward.

    Is this a known issue?

    submitted by /u/SemiAutomattik
    [link] [comments]

    What to do next?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:34 PM PST

    I beat all the Lord's expect for the Gwyn himself but should go somewhere else before this? Like I haven't beat the Great Sir Artoris yet so should I fight him first before going for gwyn? So is there somewhere else I should go?

    submitted by /u/ishawn04
    [link] [comments]

    What are the prerequisites for a game to make it a "soulsborn" game?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:31 PM PST

    A lot of people (game journalists) seem to misunderstand what it means when it comes to saying something is "soulslike" so i wanted to hear what the experts have to say about what makes a game a Soulsborn game.

    submitted by /u/MetalBlackFGC
    [link] [comments]

    I just got the remastered version today and was hoping to get some beginner tips. Anything would be awesome!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:17 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment