• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 18, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to the co-oper who died 20 times helping me

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:03 PM PST

    Stratos you da real mvp. I'm at Duke's Archives and I summoned this guy to help me with Seathe. He falls off a cliff I run back and resummon him then I fall off a cliff then we continue to both die and fall off cliffs for a good while because neither of us have any idea where to go. Eventually after 20 or so deaths combined I find out the path and we kill Seathe after two tries. I probably could have killed him alone but I like playing with other people, thanks for sticking it through for a stranger. Now i'm gonna chill in the archives and try to help some other people

    submitted by /u/sushiiisenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Custom decal I designed for my car

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:21 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/d7ajqUo.jpg

    I posted the design here some many months ago and thought I would share the finished result. I'm really happy with how it turned out!

    My roommate got home while I was taking the picture and photobombed. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/scazrelet
    [link] [comments]

    Just realized last night that you can sprint in this game...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:58 AM PST

    Im at L60 and ive already rang both bells and been to a decent amount of areas. I was getting rocked by Ceaseless last night and I read up on tips, but I kept getting killed still while trying to pull off the easy method on him.

    I then watched a video on youtube and noticed that their character was running way faster than mine...

    At least i know now, but there are a whole lot of areas that would have been way easier to run through if I had known there was a faster pace than walking with a whole bunch of enemies a few steps behind me, like the area through the woods up to Sif, and those dumb fat guys in blighttown near Valley entrance

    submitted by /u/RickTitus
    [link] [comments]

    I finally get it

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 03:13 AM PST

    My older brother gave me DS1 for the 360 as a Christmas gift back in 2011. All I knew about it at the time was "brutal difficulty", and I remember asking him why he wanted to see me suffer. But I gave the game a shot and managed to get up to the Bell Gargoyles fight before deciding to put the game down for good.

    Over the years I heard people talk about the Souls games constantly, but always assumed they weren't for me. Bloodborne piqued my interest, but I don't own a PS4 and I didn't really want to buy one just for one game.

    Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, when I bought DSR on Steam on a whim. Some of my friends had been talking about it a lot, trying to get another friend into the series, and hearing them talk about it kinda wore me down and made me think "maybe I should give this game another shot...."

    Well, now it's a couple of weeks later, and I'm having a fucking blast. The gargoyles went down embarrassingly fast (turns out I was playing too defensively, so going ham on the first gargoyle made it much easier). The Depths were cancer and Blighttown was full blown AIDS. Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo made me rage at times, and O&S made me want to snap my controller in frustration. But that's just it! I didn't want to quit. I wanted to keep going, I wanted to try again, I wanted to keep beating my head against that brick wall until it broke through.

    And so I did. I killed O&S for the first time last night and it feels so fucking good. I haven't had this reaction to a game in a long, long time. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it's unfair. Yes, it's bullshit. Yes, the odds are completely stacked against you.

    And that makes winning all the more satisfying.

    This game is a fucking masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_GOOD_DOGS
    [link] [comments]

    I KILLED O&S FROM THE FIRST TIME

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    Okay so i see everyone here fearing O&S and i was thinking that this is going to be a hard boss. I am playing dark souls for the first time ( only fromsoftware game i have beaten was Sekiro ) and to be honest i was expecting to be a lot more harder. WOOOHOOOO

    submitted by /u/Skarpo3
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls is the best game of the decade

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 01:46 AM PST

    I look back at my favourite games of the decade, after replaying all of them I realize that dark souls is imo the best one and here's why.

    1. Lore - probably the best lore I have seen in a game. The characters are amazing, i love philosophy of it and the themes are amazing. The world design i think also adds to the lore/worldbuilding a lot.

    2. World design - how the world Is interconnected makes the game more replayable. The areas connect that it makes sense thematically and it makes the game so immersive.

    3. Combat - I know the combat is better in the other games but I still love the combat of the first. I love how there are a lot weapons to use. Magic, miracles and pyromancy are really fun to use. My favourite part is how slow it is. The slowness makes the world of dark souls more dangerous which means you have to be cautious everywhere you go.

    4. Atmosphere - the game is so dark and gritty I love it. The game really shows that the world is decaying through amazing visuals, sound design and ambience.

    5. Bosses - bosses may not be as good as the other games but I still find them really enjoyable (mostly). The dlc bosses were amazing though, all of them were enjoyable and well designed.

    There other amazing parts of the game I could talk about like art direction and co OP but that would take forever. Anyways dark souls forever remain as timeless masterpiece and it's the best game I have ever played.

    submitted by /u/guydieed5
    [link] [comments]

    Always plan properly when you go sightseeing

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 12:01 AM PST

    I fired up my NG+ after not having played for a while. Went down to Blighttown to make sure if I had already killed Quelaag before going ahead to Sen's Fortress.

    However, as I approached the swamp, the idea of going to the Ash Lake sounded very appealing. So I went down the tree in one go, killed the Hydra and strolled around to the sound of that amazing music and beautiful scenery.

    And then I reached my dragon buddy to give him a high five, ready to warp out...

    Only to remember I don't have the Lordvessel.

    Oh well, I guess climbing that whole damn thing back up can't be that bad.

    submitted by /u/KPX-138
    [link] [comments]

    Starting my Dark Souls adventure

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 01:46 AM PST

    So I played DS back when it was free on Games with Gold for the Xbox 360 wayyy back when in like 2013. I got to Quelaag and didn't get much further. I just remember the atmosphere being very hard to get into and it being extremely difficult; not just combat, but the systems, leveling, maps, etc. including my ass friend taunting me for not beating it when he did. I never touched a FromSoft game again.

    Until Sekiro piqued my interest. I watched a Dunkey vid, saw the super interesting world and felt that it was a mystery I had to experience. So I played through and by god was it a trial, but it was amazing. The story, the world, the gameplay, it was a perfect introduction into the world of FromSoft and Miyazaki.

    Following Sekiro I gave Bloodborne another shot after playing it when it was free on PS+ in early 2018. I finally defeated Gascoigne, and after the training in Sekiro, I managed to open up the incredibly designed and creepy world of Bloodborne, my favorite of all the FromSoft games. The lore and Lovecraftian vibes especially really did it for me, it's so unique and so... grounded in a such strange way, I absolutely love it. I just finished my second play through with the DLC and now I only need one more trophy to platinum the game.

    Now it's time for Dark Souls. I just got my remastered copy for PS4 and I've played about 5 hours. So far it's familiar enough if a bit aged and clunky (I fucking hate when your sword hits a wall instead of clipping through). But I'm excited. Sekiro was a good introductory point, Bloodborne solidified my faith and interest in FromSoft games, and now I just need to experience the Dark Souls trilogy before Elden Ring releases which I'm for sure getting at release.

    Cheels, this sub and the wiki will be home for the next couple weeks as I fight my way through and avoid becoming Hollow.

    submitted by /u/tangmang14
    [link] [comments]

    A long journey...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:40 PM PST

    After almost a year of on and off playing, countless playthroughs, and plenty of drunken all nighters, I've finally acquired the platinum trophy for Dark Souls Remastered. Knights Honor was one hell of a task, but this game was more than worth the time spent to 100% completion. For those of you who have done the same, what was the hardest part for you? I'd love to hear your stories.

    submitted by /u/Harveyet01
    [link] [comments]

    Share some of your most obscure tips for bosses

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:16 PM PST

    I noticed that some people have their own specific hacks when it comes to killing bosses so I decided hey lets make a post where everyone can share their own tips and tricks and hopefully we are all able to learn something. Be sure to write the name of the boss and the then the tip

    Gwyn:

    I was originally going to go with Gravelord Nito and how to defeat him without using a divine weapon but I realized that almost everyone seems to know about this trick. So here is another for Gwyn. So when you enter the arena you'll notice a sand dune on your right that is slightly elevated. STAY THERE AND KEEP GWYN WITH YOU. Gwyn for some reason seems to mistime his swings the most. Alternate between staying up and below the sand dune, this will also stop him from tracking you if you happen to roll too early. Now this method isnt perfect and it wont work if you really suck at dodging.

    submitted by /u/choosen-undead
    [link] [comments]

    On my first way through blightown.. it's been *fun* :c

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:57 PM PST

    O&S

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:13 PM PST

    how can I beat those two bastard, so hard, if you have some tips please tell me I'm getting crazy

    submitted by /u/panka_conlang
    [link] [comments]

    I Made it! I killed Manus!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Thanks you guys for the advices, it really helps, it was a long battle but in the end i win, Thank you!

    submitted by /u/fermaggot66
    [link] [comments]

    Is this cheating?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:41 PM PST

    So I'm level 47, trying to create a strength/pyro build (have +1 ascended pyro flame, zweihander, and the spells firestorm, great combustion, great fireball, and fire orb) and believe i have hax-ed getting souls.

    So my pyro helps a lot at O&S. Because i can just, well, throw. No risk. If I get summoned, just let each of us one-on-one each of them, and I do melee. Then, I just throw and throw and throw. Then I get 25000 souls while risking no souls or humanity, and getting to do some work while I wait to get summoned. Wow, didn't know dark souls was so easy! What an easy game! Lowkey tho I'm having myself some fun alright. And feel like I've found a great way to farm while still having tons of fun.

    submitted by /u/mr_green_jeans_632
    [link] [comments]

    Humanity system

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 03:55 AM PST

    After finishing dark souls 2 and 3 i finilly tried first ds. Everything is amazing. Only problem I have is confusing humanity system in first game. Can anybody explain it to me?

    submitted by /u/wearegoingnothing666
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here love the souls series but find Bloodborne lacking?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:43 PM PST

    I have hundreds of hours into the souls series but can't explain why I find playing Bloodborne such a chore. I should love it since my play style is very agressive, ie I rarely use shields and quick roll every souls build I play. I keep telling myself ok one more hour keep progressing and see if it draws me in. Got all the way to blood-starved beast, downed him and just shut it off and loaded up DS.

    Did anyone else have this same problem in the beginning and learned to love the game later on? Does it get more interesting later?

    submitted by /u/TexasFarmer1984
    [link] [comments]

    Hope it isn't considered spam but here a Dark Souls-like original composition I've made.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 03:07 AM PST

    Hope it isn't considered spam but here a Dark Souls-like original composition I've made for exercise.

    I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls saga so, yesterday, while facing the Capra Demon in a new run of the Remastered, I've thought that, as a composer, it would be really cool to make an original track in the Souls style, mixing it with my own.

    Here's the link of the track, hope you will enjoy it and it doesn't violate any rule!

    https://soundcloud.com/ophelien/rusty-knifes

    Edit: I've put the fan art flair, also if its not a graphic content

    submitted by /u/OPhelien
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Ishin. This is my last Souls game to beat on current gen.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 12:08 AM PST

    I'm just passer Ornstein and Smough and I think I missed a bunch of fire keeper souls. How easy is it to miss out on them? I killed that dude before he could kill the fire keeper but I think she left anyway. I also surreptitiously upgraded my demon greathammer to Smoughs hammer which I cant wield, it's the only weapon I've used all game! Please help!

    submitted by /u/masterfuleatgorilla
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with my souls? Also I just beat ornstein and smough for the first time!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:18 PM PST

    Hey guys in level 61 and I just got 50k souls for beating ornstein and his friend for the first time! Only thing is that I think I might be over leveled for this area/them what can I buy with my souls? I don't wanna be super op so I can win

    submitted by /u/YouDidNothingWrong
    [link] [comments]

    First DS playthrough and I’m just about sick of these gargoyles

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:34 PM PST

    Do you use the back-step?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:38 AM PST

    I've over 150 hours in Dark souls and 50 in Dark souls 3 and over all that time I've never used the back-step once. Not in PvP or PvE am I at a disadvantage or does no one use it. From what I've seen people just roll apart from and a couple of odd sorcery build I've seen but they are always a little strange. Let me know cause right now it's a bit of a useless feature in my eyes.

    submitted by /u/Ex-hausted
    [link] [comments]

    How to kick on Switch

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:02 PM PST

    I'm playing on Switch and can't for the life of me figure out how to kick properly. Whenever I've done it, it's always been unintentional. What I've read is that you just tap R while pushing forward, but this never seems to work. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/NoLimitWraith
    [link] [comments]

    I killed priscilla and i feel like shit

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:41 AM PST

    Can someone tell me her lore and maybe turn out i am not just an evil person please

    submitted by /u/Skarpo3
    [link] [comments]

    Shoul I play Dark Souls Remastered on the Switch or PC?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:49 PM PST

    I already have DS on the Switch but it was a few months ago, and I have not played it since then. Now I really want to play the game but I built my own PC. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the game again to play at 60 fps + G Sync on PC or should I just play it on the Switch?

    I don't think I personally benefit from the portability a lot tbh, I don't like using the joycons so I don't play in handheld much (only Pokemon sometimes).

    submitted by /u/d8os-bodeech
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment