• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 18, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm sorry I was acting shitty Ms. invader, thank you for the laugh

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 08:00 AM PST

    I just got invaded in the Sanctum Walk. I didn't want to deal with it at all, so I just ran back as close to the bonfire as I could get, stripped my character's clothes off, went AFK and did some chores IRL. I know it's an impolite thing to do and I'm not proud of myself. Anyway, when I got back to my Playstation my character had died and awoken again at the bonfire wearing only her underwear, as expected. Not expected was that strewn around her lay over twenty dresses, tops, trousers robes and gowns 🤣 Thanks for the laugh, Decoy. I'm sorry I wasted your time, and I wish you plenty of fun and fulfilling fights in the future.

    submitted by /u/TantFuriosa
    [link] [comments]

    Where the heck is Brightstone Cove?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 06:33 AM PST

    First play through, the only primal soul or whatever that I haven't gotten is Dukes Dear Freja, I have no idea how to get to Brightstone Cove, I feel like I have gone through this entire place top to bottom. A little direction?

    Edit: found it, thanks guys and gals!!

    submitted by /u/kswear
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for people to co op/pvp (pc)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 06:57 AM PST

    Steam: DonatedTangent (slayer logo) I don't know my SM atm

    submitted by /u/Jackson_warrior666
    [link] [comments]

    Custom decal I designed for my car

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:22 PM PST

    It’s Christmas time, boys and girls. Since I want to give something to the community, I will be donating 99 free cracked red orbs to whoever wants ‘em.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:51 AM PST

    I also have a bunch of fully upgraded weapons, armor and collectibles. Lemme know if you're interested in the comment section and we'll exchange our usernames.

    !!ATTENTION!! - Steam version of DS2:SotFS only, my apologies to other consoles.

    Edit: I have multiple characters all with different Soul Memory ranges so here they are. I can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head, but I know the approximate value.

    Character number 1: 600-700K SM

    Character number 2: 1.8 - 1.9 million SM

    Character number 3: 3.9 - 4 million SM

    Character number 4: 5million+ SM

    If you ever wanted to flex in a full Sir Alonne set but never had the time or nerves to go through all the friggin' lizards and Alonne Knights in the DLC. Now is your chance. Wanted to show off that Moonlight Greatsword or Ivory King Greatsword on your sub 1million SM character? If you wanted your witch e-girl character to look hella sexy with the Black Witch Domino Mask but never wanted to farm it? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE.

    Come and take them, ladies and gents. As a security reminder, I don't engage in any illegal cheats or duping techniques that could get you banned from Steam or Dark Souls 2 multiplayer. All 100% legal and blessed by Miyazaki-sama.

    submitted by /u/FakerJunior
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering a save?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:29 AM PST

    I played a lot of DS2 last year but never finished the game, mostly because I just did a lot of PvP. I wanted to come back to it, but I realized that there's no cloud saves when I reinstalled the game today. Is there anything I can do to get to my old point at the game? I have a friend who stopped around the same point as me, but I heard you can't load someone else's save... I was rank 3 in several covenants and I really don't want to do that grind again lol.

    Here's my stats for the game btw, as you see I was pretty invested in this save: https://imgur.com/a/2X9l20y

    submitted by /u/AzureVermonter
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of Enchanted weapons?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 04:39 AM PST

    I'm doing a Sorcerer play through and I just reached Shulva. I figured using a magic stone and enchanting my longsword would help with the enemies there since they have high magic resists, but I just tested it against a fire infusion and fire was way better. The longsword infused with enchanted took 5 hits to kill and the fire infusion took 3 (both with magic weapon cast on them). I tried googling this and it's all very confusing. In what situations would an enchanted weapon be superior?

    submitted by /u/HardNormalDaddy97
    [link] [comments]

    The ancient dragon thinks I'm a joke

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 02:05 PM PST

    Because I am.

    I made a grave mistake.

    Also his tail grosses me out, what's with that weird floppy texture.

    submitted by /u/MrKnightCap
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel and Benhart Quests on NG+ - Do phantoms 'level up' relative to your number of playthroughs?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 02:41 AM PST

    Hey all, need some advice regarding the above.

    Messed up and can't complete their in my current run, so planning on completing them next cycle.

    My question is, do their phantoms also level up in subsequent runs? Like will they die in a couple hits on NG+ or do they also get tougher relative to the current cycle? Is the trophy managable in later runs or does it get harder and harder?

    I ask cause I think in Bloodborne the phantoms didn't get tougher in subsequent runs and so became useless.

    Any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/LeatherPantsCam
    [link] [comments]

    So... Aromatic ooze, gives 30% or 50%? And in which order?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 01:57 PM PST

    I dont like how Crystal magic weapon looks, i want to know because according to my maths +5 MagicBlue Flame outclasses +5 Magic Staff of Wisdom with sorcery clutch ring + aromatic ooze if it indeed does +50 magic damage +50% magic damage) with (371+50) + 50%= 631 magic damage on top of the 587 from the staff of wisdom (with the clutch ring) if it only does +30% it is 541 damage on the sword, so it is not good enough but close to the staff without clutch ring. Now if it applies the % before the added damage then the maths are different. Also if it is 30%, is not worth my 200000 souls every 100 oozes when i can just use the Crystal Magic Weapon.

    submitted by /u/LioMurasaki
    [link] [comments]

    Switch-o, Change-o [Serious]

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 12:00 PM PST

    What's the point of the sex-swap coffin? Is there lore / a story behind it?

    submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo
    [link] [comments]

    My mind has been changed....

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:30 PM PST

    My first ever Soulsborne experience started with this game. I had bought the game on sale for xbox 360 simply because the cover looked cool and it was only $8. This was also back about 5 years ago, and I had no clue what I was getting myself into.

    First attempt that I made at the game, i got stuck after wandering around the Forest of Fallen Giants, killing enemies and picking up shiny things off the ground, because i could not figure out how to get to the last giant, and thought i may have started by exploring the wrong direction first. Walked back to Majula, and eventually found a cave that led past an irish dude with a giant blue sword. Found out that i couldnt go that way either because of a "statue" conveniently placed in front of the door switch. At that point I said fuck this confusing ass game and put it aside.

    Fast forward another two years or so (around the time of Ds3's release), and i found it in a stack of old games and decided to give it another shot. Made a brand new character, and then proceeded to figure out how to kill the Last Giant, and then promptly went back to Majula and unwittingly signed up for the Champions covenant. Headed back to farm souls from FotFG and got wrecked by enemies i hadnt had a problem with before. Rage quit after that.

    Shortly after, I went out and bought a Ps4 and Bloodborne (again because cool cover and ps4 exclusive). Had no idea that Bloodborne was made by the same maniacs as Ds2, and played it. Absolutely loved that game, and completed several different characters with different builds and weapons each time. Then i found out about all the hype from Ds3, and heard that it was coming from the same devs as bloodborne so of course i bought it and played the hell out of it. Loved that game too, and its still my favorite to this day.

    Then i got to thinking. I had already played DS2 and hated it. Why did i like ds3 so much? I didnt know, but i went ahead and downloaded both DS2 and DSR when DSR was first released. Wanted to see what started the whole soulsborne series so i did a playthrough of DSR first and then told myself id try ds2 again afterwards. (I also have Demons Souls, but no Ps3 so I cant play it) Completed DSR, and liked it, just not quite as much as 3 because of the clunkier movement and combat. Then i started a new character on DS2.

    Played it, made it all the way to the Lost Bastille this time and then got wrecked over and over by the Pursuer that spawns right near where the hawk drops you off. I HATED the clunky combat, and i couldnt believe that it somehow felt worse than DS1, and quit again to go back to DS3 to hone my pvp skills. Hadnt touched the game since, and always agreed with people who shit on this game compared to the others in Soulsborne.

    Four days ago something just clicked in my head and told me to go pick up DS2 again to temporarily get me away from the pvp cancer in DS3 at the moment. Went into this new playthrough with a completely different mindset, and a new build. I'm a sword and board kind of player usually, but i had created a mage character in DS3, and it was a welcome change of pace.

    So here i am starting off as a new Sorcerer class, taking the game nice and slow, being extra careful, and taking everything in so i dont miss any items. Beat several bosses, cleared areas and just beat the Lost Sinner an hour ago. I couldnt believe I was actually having FUN with this game. I think my main problem was the (imo) clunky melee combat in DS2 and confusing area layout that turned me off to the game at first, but as a mage, i can safely stand at a distance and just shoot things without getting murdered instantly.

    Currently (trying to) get a Hex-Sorcerer build going that utilizes both sorceries and hexes with a sword for close combat. And I have to admit, i am having a blast with this game. And yes i know im not at some of the really sucky bosses yet, but ill take them all down eventually. I am not giving up this time, and i WILL complete the last new Souls experience ill probably ever get (ignoring Demon Souls) before 2020 is up.

    (Also if anyone has any suggestions for small one handed backup weapons OTHER THAN the fire longsword that ive been using, i'm all ears)

    submitted by /u/LordStabbyRunt
    [link] [comments]

    Soap stone

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Ok so I have just started dark souls 2 and am playing with a friend, I was looking up how to play co op and looked at a video and realised that I needed a stone to do it, I realised that I ended up killing the guy and can't get it back, is there any way I can respawn him or get it in another way?

    submitted by /u/Maodivided05
    [link] [comments]

    How to kill The Pursuer with the warrior's starting gear, Company of Champions, no rolling, and without the ballista

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:40 PM PST

    Here's the setup. In case you can't identify rings from pictures like me, the rings are:

    1. (Top left) Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1 (this isn't necessary I just like extra souls)
    2. (Bottom left) Ring of Binding
    3. (Bottom right) Red Tearstone Ring (hereafter "RTSR")

    Ok so an important part of this setup is killing Dragonrider first, or rather, cheesing Dragonrider first. This gives you two things: the Ring of Binding, and enough souls to get to 25 strength.

    So, when you get those two things, you're gonna want to kill The Last Giant. I didn't do a write-up for this not only because I forgot, but because it's really easy. You just hit it and run away and hit it and run away. Anyways, you should have enough souls to buy a Fragrant Branch of Yore and to get to 14 vigor, so do those things. Then, you're gonna want to use the branch to get to Shaded Woods, and get the RTSR. When you're waiting for the doors to open after unpetrifying Rosabeth, don't even bother trying to attack anyone. Just run around in circles until the door opens.

    Ok, so now you're all setup. Except for one thing: make sure you're fully hollowed; this is important for the RTSR setup. From Cardinal Tower, go down the ladder, and intentionally get speared by the two spearmen guarding the door. This will consistently get RTSR to activate. Run up to The Pursuer, and start the fun.


    Ok, so the boss fight. You're gonna need to get really good at parrying. Most moves can be circle-strafed by hugging The Pursuer's shield, bnut here are the moves that must be parried:

    1. The charge attack when you're far from The Pursuer. You hit parry when The Pursuer brings the sword up behind its back. Anytime you're close to The Pursuer you can just circle strafe the attack.
    2. The regular swing attack. You hit parry after The Pursuer brings its sword up, just as it begins the swing. You can look at the tip of the sword, and when it begins to move forward, that's when you parry.
    3. The thrust attack. You hit parry just before The Pursuer begins to thrust the sword forward. You can look at the Pursuer's sword elbow, and when it stops moving back, wait a split second then parry. Hypothetically you can circle strafe this attack, but it's so quick I've only dodged it unintentionally.

    You're gonna want to two-hand all of your attacks, because you're gonna end the fight with 2 durability left in your broken straight sword after this, and a broken broken straight sword if you don't. However, you want to one-hand when you're not attacking in case you need to parry. Your attack pattern goes like this:

    1. Open opportunity to strike -> two-hand -> 1-2 attacks -> one-hand
    2. Parry -> two-hand -> 5 attacks -> one-hand
    3. Pursuer fatigued -> two-hand -> 3 attacks -> one-hand
    4. Pursuer fatigued during parry attacks -> 3 attacks -> one hand (fatigue overrides parry stun)

    Do this pattern until you win. If you're like me, then this will take about half a day. Have fun, don't go hollow like I am going.

    submitted by /u/TuttleStripes
    [link] [comments]

    6 hours!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 02:02 AM PST

    And only 27 loyce souls gathered......

    submitted by /u/alienpubes
    [link] [comments]

    I hate one thing about DLCs

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 07:24 AM PST

    Well, I hate a lot of things about DLCs, but this one... no matter what build you are, how great it is, when you enter those new areas - damn! DLCs are like SLAP in the face, like the game is saying "YOU think YOUR build is good? Well, eat this, FUCKER!"

    I'm veteran, but it's 2nd time in a row I've abandoned the build because of how dissapointing it became once I entered DLCs... where everything is harder. Sure, I could finish it, sooner or later, but why struggle with someting I don't enjoy? Gyrm cosplay, Lucatiel cosplay, to be specific. First one was like my Havel cosplay, but simply worse, so whatever. Second one was bad all way long - I dunno, maybe I suck as no poise, dodge only, low eq load for Flynn's Ring (which I've never reached xD). Also, Darklurker destroyed me yesterday and I'm out of humanities (yeah, never been this bad).

    I'll calm down, git gud and maybe start pure caster this time. Maybe I'm just tired of melee builds?

    submitted by /u/Cecylio19
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight medal

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 07:23 AM PST

    Is anyone here willing To farm sunligth medals with me? Ps4 SM: 16m

    submitted by /u/kikkels
    [link] [comments]

    Hello my dear cursed ones, it has been a while! It is I, Papa Paladin Leeroy, back to answer any and all questions you may have about faith builds or boss tips :D AMA

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:04 PM PST

    Do you want to be a big, strong Paladin like me? Or perhaps you're stuck on Fume Knight Raime and would like some pointers? Or does the layout of Drangleic confuse you so? Ask me anything!

    Hecc, even if you just need some affirmation and love, come to me, and I shall provide! Guaranteed satisfaction, or your souls back!

    submitted by /u/Abyssal_Paladin
    [link] [comments]

    [Guide] How to get cancer fast (works 100%!)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Step 1: Go dex build Step 2: Join Champions Covenant Step 3: Play the game normally and progress without any trouble until you reach the DLCs Step 4: Play the DLCs

    That's it.

    For people still struggling: Start off with the Ivory King DLC and rush to Frigid Outskirts region and try to reach the disappointing bossfight because you're a completionist.

    Congrats; now you should have cancer.

    submitted by /u/Inspexor
    [link] [comments]

    How many Vit to properly carry Greatsword?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 03:31 AM PST

    Edit: I'm wearing heavy armor

    submitted by /u/Pyerx
    [link] [comments]

    New to game and str builds

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:30 PM PST

    First play through ever, making a str build. I'm at lost bastille and haven't upgraded any weapons yet. Is the Greatsword worth upgrading to +6 if I won't be able to wear any armor since it's too heavy

    submitted by /u/goshjomez
    [link] [comments]

    Server down in Xbox 360?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:44 PM PST

    Hey there, as title says, yesterday I was playing online with my gf and suddenly summons started to fail, we quit and reloaded the game and a message about servers not available shown up, does anyone has the same problem?( I know 360 version is really old...)

    submitted by /u/EverlayX
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS biggest changes

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 01:02 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I would like to ask, what are the biggest differences between SOTFS edition and vanilla game with DLCs?

    I am close to finishing the game and I am considering doing another run with melee sorcery, maybe sorcery/dex? And to add the replayability I thought SOTFS would be cool.

    Here are things I am aware of:

    1) Pursuer really pursues you throughout the whole kingdom.
    2) Enemy placement is a bit different
    3) Some item positioning is different
    4) DLC keys needs to be obtained first

    Is there anything else worth noting?

    submitted by /u/Xenesis1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment