• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You Never Stop Learning

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:15 PM PST

    I'm a Dark Souls veteran, and I just found out the Darksign doesn't leave a bloodstain for you to get your stuff back. Never used it before.

    Farming Red Chunks in Izalith and got bored running back so I Darksign'd by the Chaos Bugs thinking I'd just pick it up on the way from Centipede Bonfire...

    Lost 58 humanity and 130000 souls.

    submitted by /u/MagnusOfProspero
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Dark Souls for the 6th time

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:09 PM PST

    Now I've got it on PC, 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.

    It's probably my favorite game of all time, but after buying and playing it on every system it's been made for, I think I finally have to ask: how do you kill asylum demon?

    submitted by /u/asianaaaaardvark
    [link] [comments]

    [Fanart] Great Knight Artorias

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:04 PM PST

    After 6 hours yesterday and 45 minutes today. I finally did it! I've never felt such success and happiness.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:20 PM PST

    After my post yesterday, I thought I'd give an update. https://clips.twitch.tv/PoliteStupidChickenUncleNox

    SORRY for language

    submitted by /u/Pingrrrplays
    [link] [comments]

    TIL the gate behind the first armored tusk is open until you enter the door to that area.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:04 PM PST

    So I've put over 200 hours in the first dark souls on Xbox 360 (not too long ago tho, started playing around 2016) and just bought it on the switch yesterday and played through that area, and I didn't even notice that detail. I only realised this while i was watching some streamer play it a few minutes ago. I don't know why but i found it interesting that i missed it with how many playthroughs I've had.

    submitted by /u/majds1
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing the DLC Area

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:41 PM PST

    I'm towards the end of my first Dark Souls 1 Playthrough and decided to go for the DLC as well. With how obscure it is to enter the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, I'm just curious what it was like for people back in 2012 when the DLC came out in terms of getting to Oolacile. How did ya'll figure out how to get there?

    submitted by /u/numbhippo
    [link] [comments]

    Philosophy term paper hell yea!!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:38 PM PST

    My professor allowed this, so I'm doing my term paper on how critical thinking applies to Dark Souls. First paper in a while I'm excited to finish!

    https://i.imgur.com/GVNwXk8.jpg

    submitted by /u/ED9EL0RD_935
    [link] [comments]

    I Printed the Dark Souls Calendar (Credits to u/actionaddam)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:10 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/e67u5ly

    Saw the post u/actionaddam made yesterday, and I thought it was too cool not to print. The print size is 100cm x 50cm.

    submitted by /u/AlpinDale
    [link] [comments]

    Best areas for summons? (Switch)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 04:05 AM PST

    I'm looking to get more sunlight medals to unlock the better lightning spears, but having trouble finding areas where other players are actively summoning. Is the Switch community for DS1 a little dead or am I just looking in the wrong places? Any suggestions and help would be rad, thanks gang

    submitted by /u/ScrotalApocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 just doesn't click with me, should I finish or skip to DS3?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:53 PM PST

    During the Halloween sale on XBL I bought all the Souls games and last weekend I finished Dark Souls Remastered for the first time! It was one hell of a ride. I remember my first few hours, trying to understand the mechanics, combat and exploration and now I feel like a walking God. I had so many euphoric moments and it felt so satisfying, the game was tough but fair, hardly the impossible game some people make it out to be.

    So I gave myself some Dark Souls rest before starting DS2. But now I'm some two dozen hours in... and the game just doesn't click. It feels off? I understand that DS:R is still fresh in my memory and I maybe just need to re-adjust, but the game just doesn't grab me the same way DS:R did. Movement and combat feels weird. Enemies seem to corner me much faster and more aggressive compared to DS:R, I've already died countless times because of this. The game or at least the story is not a direct sequel (as far as I know, maybe I'm not that far into the story yet) and speaking of the story, I don't even understand what I'm doing. In DS:R my goal and purpose as the Chosen Undead was clear. I loved exploring every little bit of the map and the lore in DS:R, but also this feeling is missing from me in DS2. There are also all these new stats and mechanics of which I'm still not sure what to think about.

    Did DS2 feel off for other people as well? Is DS2 the least favorite in the series? Or maybe it's actually the best one in the series and I simply need to try better. Should I finish DS2 or skip it to play DS3 (and maybe come back later to DS2)? I'm not saying the game is bad, this is also not a rant. I just don't get the same feeling from DS2, which to me leaves me feel disappointed, cause DS:R was amazing.

    EDIT: thanks for all your reactions. I've come to the conclusion that I will put aside DS2 for now and play something else or maybe start with DS3 instead. Perhaps afterwards, I will give DS2 another try.

    submitted by /u/ThatSnazzyGuyNL
    [link] [comments]

    First time DEX melee build. Which spell should I take for utility, and should I level up attunement?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:38 AM PST

    My attunement is still at 1. Never used spells like Pyro because for my first playthrough I decided to go DEX melee. Should I take some spells for utility?

    submitted by /u/iwanthidan
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:36 AM PST

    is it the boss itself or is it the run op to it that most people don't like? (or is it both?)

    submitted by /u/Roadroller_overdrive
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon to use before acquiring the MLGS?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:48 AM PST

    I just beat this game for the first time yesterday, and after seeing the MLGS, I already want to to play it all over again.

    I've seen people recommend the Claymore and Longsword, but I used the Claymore for the entirety of my first playthrough, so I wanna try something different. The Longsword is essentially just a lighter Claymore.

    Would the Battle Axe be a good option? Keep in mind I'd like to keep my Strength at 16 and Dex at a max of 14.

    submitted by /u/rubeen
    [link] [comments]

    (spoiler alert) Lore: why don't undead npc's respawn?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:30 AM PST

    When you kill Solaire, crestfallen warrior or the pyromancer, whether they've gone hollow or not, shouldn't they respawn? Like any undead comes back to life? Like the player character or undead enemies.

    Is there an explanation behind it? Or is it just a convenient gameplay mechanic? Or have i misunderstood?

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    Let's talk about a important lore question. How does Estus taste like? And is the Estus shower canon?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:43 AM PST

    I think it doesn't have a taste. It taste like pain because its litarly fire. And a sane person wouldn't want to drink estus.

    The second question sounds stupid. But hear me out. A guy in a armor cant drink a estus very fast. Just showering from the estus is much faster. And it still heals you because it just the fire of the bonfire. You dont have to drink it

    submitted by /u/Nibelungen342
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls figurines

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 05:31 PM PST

    What Dark Souls figures do you have? I have the figure that came with Dark Souls 2 and 3, Siegmeyer of Catarina and the Abyss Walker. What do you have?

    submitted by /u/Weirded_Wonder
    [link] [comments]

    After Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:02 PM PST

    I have beaten Ornstein and Smough and have placed the lord vessel. What souls do I need to open the door to Gwyn? Any advice will be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Pedwink
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:14 AM PST

    I FINALLY KILLED ORNSTINE AND SMOUGH! I killed smough last

    submitted by /u/FrogFetus
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Covenants and Rewards.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:46 AM PST

    I am going for the master of miracles achievment. That requires the rewards of multiple covenants, one of which you must break to beat the game. My questions are as follows:

    1: If I get, for example, the tier two spell from the warriors of sunlight, then switch covenants to gravelords, will I still be able to use that spell?

    2: If I kill Gwyndolin or Nito, will that make the spells that I gained from that covenant unusable?

    submitted by /u/TheGreatBootleg94
    [link] [comments]

    Low lvl Endgame items xbox

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:43 PM PST

    Ds2 xbox. I just need one partner here to get a couple low level profiles ready so we can trade off our end game gear for low level profiles or whatever

    Xbox: RamboPsycho

    submitted by /u/deeznutsdatruth
    [link] [comments]

    My Bonfires Got Unkindled?!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:31 AM PST

    So I booted back into the game after taking a week long break, I was last rested at the bonfire near Nito. Now all of my bonfires are unkindled and give only 10 estus. Did this happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Oathkeeper-Oblivion
    [link] [comments]

    I started playing Dark Souls yesterday and I'm in shock I'm getting places with my build

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 12:35 PM PST

    So my current stats are 13 vit 13 end 10 Dex and 28 str. I have no clue how viable keeping something like this the whole game is but it's very fun since I one shot most things and most things one shot me as well and one swing of the zweihander has my stamina drained. But boy is it fun I killed each gargoyle boss in two hits with the electric added to it.

    submitted by /u/mountainsofcats
    [link] [comments]

    Taurus Demon glitch

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:38 PM PST

    When I was fighting the Taurus Demon I fell off the wall, the Taurus Demon somehow fell off as I, I died but it still counted as a victory. I didn't get any Souls or the Taurus Demon soul, will this have any noticeable consequences later? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Mothye
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment