• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 7, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Dark Souls so much better than every other game?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:59 PM PST

    Obviously I'm being a bit tongue and cheek by saying this, but Dark Souls has pretty much ruined every other game for me. Ever since I got into Dark Souls every other game has been so boring by comparison.

    I wouldn't even say it's a difficulty thing either, like I honestly find a lot of games to be harder than Dark Souls, they just aren't as fun.

    Even if the combat mechanics in Dark Souls are clunky and outdated, I still find that it has the best combat (I even like it better than DS3 and Bloodborne combat).

    The graphics aren't great either, but Dark Souls is probably the most aesthetically pleasing game to me, like idk, everything about the map is so memorable. I known the entire Dark Souks map like it's the back of my hand, I vividly remember every single area in the game, vividly remember every single boss, vividly remember every single enemy. No other game is like that for me.

    submitted by /u/SpaghettiDelicious
    [link] [comments]

    Lore explaining the fatty in Oolacile Township after the second elevator and two bloated sorcerers?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:34 AM PST

    You know, the one in that hall with the pillars right before the ambush elevator that leads to the Chasm of the Abyss? The one with the freakin' sharpened tree sticking out of their bloated body?

    Why do they drop items from the chain mail set? Why just in that hall, and as a red phantom when you're gravelorded in the Chasm? Why do they share attacks from Artorias' moveset? From where and whence did this abomination originate?

    submitted by /u/kiepy
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine being so manly that you literally swing your waifu around

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 12:48 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/qnBppQp.jpg

    The king had the right idea, also is this sword worth upgrading or should I aim for Fume?

    submitted by /u/ganbarumanu
    [link] [comments]

    I completed Dark Souls including the DLC. This is my impression.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:56 AM PST

    Guys I completed the game as a first time player. I know that im late to the party but im glad I got to experience this game. I never understood why dark souls was popular based on its difficulty but tbh its a good mix of difficulty, level design, story and gameplay. Like everyone says this game is tough but fair except for a few bosses (i.e Capra Demon). The DLC bosses gave me the most difficult time as compared to the base game considering that they are a tad bit faster than the base game and kicked my ass (i.e Kalameet and Manus). Im used to games which spoon feed the story and I was tad bit confused about the story in the beginning and later got to know that we are supposed to read the item descriptions. I admit that I checked videos on it since I really couldnt piece it together on my own, but once I learnt about the story it certainly is pretty fantastic. The combat is very fleshed with each weapon having different moveset. I played with the normal straight sword then a halbeard with was then upgraded to lightning spear and finally using a Zweihander (which i completely upgraded to a fire element) which is pretty op. Finally we have the level design which I find to be the MVP of this game. The game rightly doesnt need a map since everything is interconnected. The first time I found out how interconnected Firelink Shrine and Undead Burg, it blew my mind. Seriously this is my favourite part of this game. I kinda understand why this game is genre defining. FROM SOFTWARE has done a great job with this game and they can count me in as a fan. Might try NG+ and would appreciate your advice

    P.S : I tried my hand at PVP and I did not know there was a set of rules between the players, so I would like to apologise to players: TRAGER and GolemDad. Im sorry guys I didnt know the rules.

    submitted by /u/MrBulldops99
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:28 PM PST

    I'm new to this series I just beat the first boss pinwheel after 60+ attempts and now this new area is impossible to see in but after 4 hours of exploring and dying I found a golden gate of fog and it won't let me progress what do I do? I'm level 37 because I grinded so I might be a little overpowered as my mace now only takes 10 hits to kill something instead of 40 also I found 2 bonfires and a white chunk whatever that is please help how do I get past the gold fog to the second boss

    submitted by /u/MrSkeptical-
    [link] [comments]

    Am I soft banned from Dark Souls Remastered for alt f4ing?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:54 AM PST

    I've been playing through the game coop with my friend with no problems, and all of a sudden we can't summon each other. I'm in Anor Londo about to fight O&S, and we're both human. I can't see his summon sign and he can't see mine, but I can see blood and phantoms. I'm not getting invaded even when human, which is weird because I was getting invaded constantly last night. That's why I started alt f4ing invaders, I was sick of them after the 5th invader in a row. Alt f4ed about 10 times last night, which I didn't know had a penalty, but apparently you can get soft banned for it? I didn't get any notification that I was soft banned, but it's the only possible explanation I can come up with for why we can't see each other's signs.

    submitted by /u/Sub_Deluise
    [link] [comments]

    It's, it's beautiful!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:26 PM PST

    I'm playing DSR, and holy shit it's gorgeous and smooth! I can't wait to play blight town

    submitted by /u/Tkl071924
    [link] [comments]

    Did you have anything happen to you early on that completely influenced you for the entire game?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:13 AM PST

    For me, it was getting a Black Knight Sword in Undead Burg. That sword instilled this idea in the back of my head that anything that couldn't kill basic enemies in 2-3 hits wasn't worth it. That sword carried me through 95% of the game. I never experimented with other weapons until VERY late game. It ruined by ability to play anything other than a tank. It wasn't until I got the Gold/Silver Tracers that I overhauled by character and play style into something that was viable fot NG+, but even then I still used the Black Knight sword for Gwyn. That lucky 5% sword drop really ended up hurting me more than helping me. Did anyone else have the same/similar experience?

    submitted by /u/Spock1777
    [link] [comments]

    Noob here, why use anything else than the Drake Sword?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:54 PM PST

    I'm at Sen's fortress, and it seems that every other weapons that I have gotten doesn't do much damage in comparison (except the black knight's greatsword), I even tried upgrading weapons to up their damage (I've got a +4 great scythe) but even this doesn't do much damage compared to the drake sword.

    submitted by /u/Vendma
    [link] [comments]

    I traded my disk of Demon's Souls for Resident Evil 5 when I was 15 and just beginning to fall in love with it

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:48 AM PST

    I had a feeling in my gut when my friend Liam at the time made me the offer that I'd be committing to something that would become a reservoir of great personal regret in short time. I was only interested really because a girl I knew that I had a crush on in my year played it and I wanted something to do with her. We played together a handful of times which led to us chatting a lot more online. All that platonic rollicking culminated into a point-blank frailly spoken one word misstep at prom night that must of broke trust in the very foundation of our making eye contact, had me clenching my anus and somewhere instantly thereafter dissolved the two of us both into nearby body-masses of mutual friends. That was the end of us ever speaking again and I had naught to show for it except a game I didn't really like that just reminded me of a game I used to have that I did like.

    I wasn't in love with the series yet, mind you it wasn't a series in the slightest at this point, suffice to say all this took place well before love entered the mix. All I knew was I missed my mysterious little companion that let me make thought out characters, immersed me and took me on adventures through odd landscapes and fortresses. It was an experience I couldn't get out of my head, and I hadn't even yet fully gotten an appreciation for it.

    I missed the not knowing where or what the fuck I was doing other than all the stuff I had already completed. I missed all the creatures I couldn't tell you the names of or sensibly describe but still had their images imprinted on my memory. I missed every single small connection made with fellow travellers, scared hosts, brave phantoms, fights fought, assistance given, mayhem traversed, tumultuous pathways and walkways walked, distance acquired and time spent in hushed but close company. I missed creating builds at the flick of a new idea. Making a build on a Dark Souls game is truly (currently) my top spot holy grail position for fantasy oriented medieval escapism. I remember missing it even during my first ever run through of Skyrim like a farmer misses harvest.

    It wouldn't take long before I finally picked up Dark souls 1 and much later 3 and they remain to me the only games to ever have engulfing me completely inside of them. I still regret trading Liam my Demon's Souls disk. I never got to fall in love with it as deeply as the others. I never got to make builds upon builds, I never got to delete the ones I didn't like ending up with an entourage of favourites, I never even got to kill most bosses and complete the game but I thank the gods my idle cravings did enough to keep an ember waiting alive in me long enough for that fated day when I would say; "I love this game".

    submitted by /u/fatcatsplat_
    [link] [comments]

    Havel The Rock DS1 Remastered

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:15 PM PST

    I managed to kill him in DS3 years ago but compared to then, I don't have a proper angle to cheese him by shooting him to death

    Any advice how to kill this dude who kills me in 1-2 hits?

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    How to save solaire with the daughter of chaos covenant?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    Obligatory "on mobile"

    So I just beat O and S, got the lordvessel, and now I'm in demon ruins. I've given 30 humanities to quelana and now i'm rank 2. I know that much to save him. But I've seen things online that you can come at the lost izalith/demon ruins shortcut from both sides? How do I know I'm on the right side that will have the maggot that won't respawn that kills solaire? I really want his help for Gwyn so I don't want to mess this up.

    submitted by /u/imsochoofed
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the best place to farm souls

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Also where is the best place to farm titanite and dragon scales. Which weapons can get better the level 5 drake sword?

    submitted by /u/salohgenji
    [link] [comments]

    Just an Oolacile theory of mine I posted in another thread. [Spoilers]

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:15 PM PST

    I know everyone usually thinks it was Kaathe who convinced the city to awake Manus, but I think it was Frampt, and that destructive failure is why he changed teams. But then when you become dark lord he realized Oolacile was just a fuck up and dark is fine, maybe just don't torture it out of people. This is why he bows to the dark lord in the end.

    submitted by /u/Three_Scarabs
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me cut off seaths tail

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:29 AM PST

    So I've been having some troubles with Seath and I'm trying to cut off his tail but he moves too quickly and I can't cut the damn thing off so could anyone help me I'll give you all the humanity that I have please

    submitted by /u/jazzfucker69
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a meta build

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:15 PM PST

    So I've been seeing PvPers using Havel's armor, estoc/a fast Dex chaos weapon, grass chrest, child's mask, and also being able to fast roll.

    So how can I make this work? It seems like such an annoyingly fun build I wanna try it

    submitted by /u/SimplyUnreal
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Could use some help traversing New Londo Ruins for the key and then four kings fight

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:05 PM PST

    Password is 99054. Set summon sign down before the bridge

    submitted by /u/sean123133
    [link] [comments]

    To the phantom who got a bunch of wandering items in dark root

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:27 PM PST

    Or whatever they are called. You're welcome.

    I was trading with my friend who was distracted. My friend was going to help me carry some things from one play through over to another (I wanted to keep the maggot for example without saving Solaire because I haven't gotten that ending but....), but I noticed when she started to pick up the pile, another phantom (the grey other world kind) appeared to be picking up items at the same place.

    Now, I don't know how long items stay in your world, but I wouldn't expect them to wander within five minutes. Maybe it had to do with the amount of items I dumped. I was going to delete that character.

    Well, anyways, lesson partially learned as I don't know the timer and limit yet, but, hey!

    There is at least one absolutely plumb dumb lucky undead who picked up a couple boss souls, a bunch of titanite, 11 sunlight medals, a full Kirk set, and at least one sunlight maggot. I hope you realize how lucky you are. There aren't many people who flub up like we did tonight.

    submitted by /u/SirWigglesTheLesser
    [link] [comments]

    A cool glitch for a lot of souls

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:54 PM PST

    Go to the bonfire at undead burg, where you can find the shortcut to the bridge where hellkite the dragon is. Then makes sure a boss soul is at the very top of items. Make sure your estus flasks are right below the boss soul Then walk out and lock on to the hollow on the stairs near the archer but only attract that one hollow, and go near the bonfire to not attract any other unwanted attention. Then wait for him to do any attack and parry it, and while your doing your attack sequence after parrying the attack quickly go into items and use the boss soul, once you use it youll get sent back to the game, but dont stop ther go back into items and use an estus flask right after while still in the parry attack sequence. Youll be greeted with "Use this boss soul?" Depending on what boss soul you use it doesnt matter press yes and if you use it before the hollow attacks it should give you the souls and youll keep the boss soul giving you a good way to get quick souls.

    submitted by /u/splefz
    [link] [comments]

    Frame issues

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 11:21 AM PST

    I'm playing dark souls remastered, and I've had a issue recently, My computer has been running it fine, but now it is having real issues running it. I'm getting low FPS and it looks like it's going on slow motion. Please help

    submitted by /u/ArbaneFajyre
    [link] [comments]

    Help killing Seath

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 12:33 PM PST

    I've been trying to kill seath for 2 days now and I just can't seem to be getting better. I'm using a Gravelord Sword +3 and a Pyro flame fully upgraded, still I can't get half his hp without 10 estus.

    submitted by /u/OnionsInRegalia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment