• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 12, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 Why does ds2 seem to have the most replayability out of the trilogy?

    Dark Souls 2 Why does ds2 seem to have the most replayability out of the trilogy?


    Why does ds2 seem to have the most replayability out of the trilogy?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:55 AM PST

    I've played both 1 and 3, but dark souls 2 is the only one that keeps me coming back. I've played through ds2 like 5 times now and I still love it. Why is ds2 always so easy to come back to? I've tried replaying 1 and 3 but they never keep me as invested as ds2.

    submitted by /u/Corbonzo16
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make the Frozen Reindeers in Horsefuck Valley despawn?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:55 AM PST

    I read that they can despawn like any other enemy, but they are unusual in that the only appear when a blizzard is on the map. Can I just wait until I see the first Reindeer, kill it and wait for the next Reindeer to appear when the next blizzard arrives, then repeat this process until the entire map is clear?

    submitted by /u/SwiftyMcVay
    [link] [comments]

    Rank all the Dragon boss fights

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    Rank all the dragon boss fights from your most favourite to least favourite. I am not going to be excluding Wyverns from this ranking. For anyone who has forgotten the bosses here is a list

    DS1

    1- Gaping Dragon

    2- Seath the Scaleless

    3- Black Dragon Kalameet

    DS2

    1- Guardian Dragon

    2- Ancient Dragon

    3- Sinh the Slumbering Dragon

    DS3

    1- Ancient Wyvern

    2- King of Storms (I know its just one phase but he has a health bar so)

    3- Dark Eater Midir

    4- Ocerios the Consumed King

    Give your reasoning for ranking a boss highest or lowest. Here is my personal list (ranked in descending order)

    1- Dark Eater Midir (Because each attack is just awesome and even from a lore perspective Midir is the only true dragon you fight at full power)

    2- King of Storms

    3- Sinh the Slumbering Dragon

    4- Oceiros the Consumed King

    5- Ancient Dragon

    6- Guardian Dragon

    7- Gaping Dragon

    8- Ancient Wyvern

    9- Black Dragon Kalameet

    10- Seath the Scaleless (I think the fight is a bore. If I rush it I get cursed or squashed by his tail. I can kill him by baiting his breathe but that takes 97 years to kill him)

    submitted by /u/choosen-undead
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite boss OST in ds2?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:41 PM PST

    Title :)

    There are not many to choose from honestly, and many bosses share theme songs but if ya had to pic one which would it be?

    My personal favorite is the Ruin Sentinels theme. Idk I just love it. I found myself multiple times leaving one sentinel alive just so I can have the song loop

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    I was wondering...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:43 AM PST

    Is the look we have on the cover of SotFS an actual armor? I mean in the OG ds2 it was the farram armor. This one looks familiar, reminds me of the forlorn armor. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ build- continue current build or add hexes

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:33 AM PST

    I'm at the end of my NG run, defeated the main game and am doing the DLC's. As I continue to update character stats I'm undecided between simply leveling up the stats I've been focusing on or expanding my skill set.

    I will do NG+ and half of NG++ with the goal of getting the platinum trophy. I play offline exclusively, I did all the side/optional stuff that interested me and am into the 2nd DLC now.

    My build is strength/faith but a little bit of everything because at the end of the day most problems in this game are solved by smacking things in the face with something strong. I like faith because of the healing, buffs and curing spells, I don't use it to attack.

    Character stats:

    Vigor: 31

    Endurance: 21

    Vitality: 20 or so (don't remember exactly)

    Attunement: 18

    Strength: 30

    Dexterity: 20

    Adaptability: 20 or so (don't remember exactly)

    Intelligence: 10

    Faith: 28

    Agility: 100

    Equipment Load: ~70

    Main weapons: Mace, Red Iron Twin Blade, and lightning-infused Zweihander all at +10. So these are weapons that are primarily strength-based that also benefit from the Dex.

    I'm of two minds moving forward:

    1- Simply continue with current approach into NG+. Keep pouring souls into Strength, Vitality and Vigor to hit harder and tank more.

    2- Hex! I messed around with sorcerty just a bit in DS1 and miracles in both DS1/2 but never used hexes yet because my Intilligence is too low. I was thinking about focusing on buffing Intelligence to mess around with hexes.

    My worry is how that will effect NG+, with all the added HP enemies get. If I start using hexes in NG+ will they be too weak to do anything with my low Intelligence? And that would prevent my from leveling Strength- is going into the second half of NG+ with just 30 strength going to be a major problem for me?

    Recommendations please.

    submitted by /u/take5b
    [link] [comments]

    How late am I, fellow skeletons?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:30 AM PST

    Greetings,

    I recently bought DS2: Scholar of the First Sin to PS4, and I was wondering if it still have an active community? Would love to play with someone if the chance appears.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/leonardoipe
    [link] [comments]

    Why my door at shrine of winter doesn't open?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 01:22 PM PST

    I have already lit all the primordial bonfires, killed the bosses, but it doesn't open, no matter what I do. Also, I've touched the red orb from Freja, but her soul didn't became like the other three souls from The Rotten, The Old Iron King and The Lost Sinner. Anyone have any idea of why it doesn't open?

    submitted by /u/infinity_master99
    [link] [comments]

    how to run the game at a framerate friendly resolution, without changing my desktop resolution?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:38 PM PST

    my PC is a bit out of date, so the only way to get a good FPS is the run the game at minimum settings and 800 by 600.

    the thing is, when i do this the game is displayed in a small box in center of the screen, the only way i have found to get that fullscreen action is the lower my desktop resolution to 800 by 600 to match.

    any way to play the game at my desired resolution without having to change my pc settings every time before I load it up?

    submitted by /u/soldeeds-dreams
    [link] [comments]

    Nice hitbox. Love this game

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:08 AM PST

    Something for my fellow contemporaries.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:25 AM PST

    Why does the sub just seem like r/darksouls2circlejerk ?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:55 AM PST

    I love DS2 as much as the next guy but come on guys. Let's chill out.

    EDIT: I guess I don't know the point of reddit as well as I thought I did.

    submitted by /u/TealJax04
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice for magic build

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:30 AM PST

    Just finished my first playthrough with a pure dex build, and now I want to try out a magic build. Any tips, guides or advice towards starting one? I'd like to be versatile; not relying purely on the various kinds of magic, but also with a melee weapon since I feel quite vulnerable without a weapon to protect myself in close quarter combat

    submitted by /u/Captain_Baldy
    [link] [comments]

    Actually Dark Souls 2 PVP is Pretty Good

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 03:45 AM PST

    I was doing invasions regularly in DS3 for a while now. But since my last Spear of the Church build was so OP I wasn't playing it for a while because it bored me after few consequtive wins in 4v1s(And summoning rate is abysmal that I usually have to wait 20 to 30 minutes for summoning even at SL90s.) I was playing Hollow Knight for a while to cease my boredom a little bit and I decided to do a few invasions before going to bed. I opened up DS2 that was lying like a dead cow in my desktop instead of DS3 this time. I did a few areas and I got like 4 or 5 red eye orbs. And I decided to use them. Finding an invasion instantly shocked me because I couldnt even find invasions this quick in DS3(Thank you Tanimura for giving us an actually working netcoding).

    My build wasn't done yet and it was actually pretty much a standard quality build. Double estocs and a crossbow nothing too crazy. First thing that shocked me is the damage of crossbows. It was hitting hard as much as a spell would. And my crossbow wasn't even well upgraded it was just +2. Then I saw my host. He was doing some Fortnite gestures at me like we are playing in an MMO. I harassed him with my crossbow to waste his estus and it worked unlike in DS3 which that it's merely better than a sting without explosive bolts. Then I decided to finish him off with my estocs and suprised him right there because he didn't saw my estocs to this point and I pulled of a cheeky backstab on him(Backstabs are broken in this game compared to DS3.) . Then I finished him with PS L1. Then I tried invading at somewhere else again. This time it was an hexer. He tried to shoot me with his Dark Orbs and then I switched into crossbow to forcing him to change his playstyle. He switched into scimitar and buffed it but it wasn't enough to take my estocs down.

    And I get quite of fun while doing it. It felt really good to be invader who is big bad red instead of DS3 that I live in constant fear of getting blues in mere seconds if I couldnt finished host right there. And DS3 is the only Souls game where invaders are actually afraid of invading because they might come upon 2 people, 4 people and god forbids 3 people(4v1 is actually easier since if it's a 4v1 then that means there will be another red coming in seconds and it will become 4v2) . I am not saying those situations are impossible, it is quite possible if you play well that you can change the odds in seconds. But there is still a majority of players who are afraid to invade because of Miyazaki's true 4v1 vision. I might not start invading regularly in DS2 but it was fun to actually try a new frontier of invasions. This might be the only game in a long time that I liked PVP more than PVE.

    submitted by /u/Labinlima
    [link] [comments]

    50% Health Pool Q.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:21 PM PST

    Is this something you have to accept, or is there anything you can do about it besides using a human effigy? I'm new and at the FotFG

    EDIT: Just got the ring of binding. cheers.

    submitted by /u/CoconutThiefIdv
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 01:55 AM PST

    Hi Fume knight you are the greatest character in my history of life.Because you were killing more enemies like ants that are imposible to beat you but not all.

    You killed 500.000 enemies that they were trying to kill you and you cleared them like Thanos snap. You are Thanos in ds series for me. You kept killing me so many times until my mental health crashed. But i love you because you are a f.....ing perfect knight.

    I want you to come with me and work together as team to rule the hell and controll every orgasm's soul. You can safety eat more souls that you want ;). I dont want to hate you.

    But first you need to respect to me because i want your respect. You need to calm down and do good thoughs.

    I know that your skills are god because you are a big good soul. You should be good human in life world until you died and came here a f......ng hell. Ok, you can return in your life world.

    Pls dont hate me because i believe you.

    submitted by /u/catkinggreek
    [link] [comments]

    How does invasions work now?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 09:51 PM PST

    The first time I played ds2 was the normal version for xbox360 but now that I've acquired the sotfs edition I noticed that you can't invade in some areas.How does this work?

    submitted by /u/stornluis
    [link] [comments]

    Probably the dumbest reason why a friend of mine didn´t wanted to play Dark Souls II

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 01:27 AM PST

    So 2 Years ago I started playing my first Dark Souls title and that was Dark Souls II on PS4, after some time I said to my friend that he should try DS 2 too. So on PS4 there exists the Share System where you can share games from the host account. Before he started the game, he said he once played DS 1 and said that i was easy as fuck ( didn´t said the passage because he said its long since he played DS 1 and that was at his cousins home )
    So as he started the game and moved into the house, he quit the game because of the cutscene because it was a cutscene and he wanted to fight enemies and not listen to story elements. Then I said that he can skip the cutscene if he wants to but then he answerd with a "No I already uninstalled the game"

    submitted by /u/Weskertot
    [link] [comments]

    Blue flames

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:44 AM PST

    👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 Sorry for my bad English guys 😅😅 I'm now at NG +7, the eight journey in ds2, SOTFS ps4. I want blue flames in the Cale's map but still orange. I have to do another journey?

    submitted by /u/PappaXC
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight pls help

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:28 PM PST

    I beat him so no need for any help

    submitted by /u/crispybois_99
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone get invaded anymore?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:59 PM PST

    I've been getting back into DS2 after a long break, and I've been playing through on my Faith build through the early game, and have yet to be invaded. I've made sure I was human at every chance I got, but I literally have not seen another summon sign, much less a player.

    submitted by /u/Staykarbine
    [link] [comments]

    Melee builds and weapons?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 04:14 PM PST

    So, I've played through Dark Souls 2 a few times now. I have a huge connection and love for the soulsborne series, however Dark Souls 2 gives me the least of that souls joy we all know and love. This may sound like a change in taste, but I get that joy and fun in increments between the moments I get frustrated with what feels to be slow and unresponsive combat. I feel I haven't really given the game a fair chance as I've done the same build (strength/faith) every time and well, we all know how finding the right weapon type for you makes a difference.

    So, that being said I want to try going for a melee based build this time. Dark Souls 1 has me using the gargoyle halberd and quelag's fury, Ds3 has me using the nameless kings sword spear, ringed knight ss, and a mix of other great swords and ultras. In bloodborne I love the moonlight gs and gherman's scythe. Are there any weapons like those I can make a build around? My favorites tend to be ones with lots of weapon variety and allow for medium-high mobility.

    TL;DR - I want to do a melee build with lots of weapon variety, mid-high mobility as well as find some weapons that bare interesting mechanics or move-sets

    submitted by /u/Xenostra_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment