• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My lore theory on why parries are so devastating

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 06:12 AM PST

    It's infamous that in every souls game, especially Ds2, parrying an enemy attack basically puts them in a comatous state, I have a simple theory on why that is. Think about it, what could some of the side effects to hollowing be, a sickness which turns you into a half decaying corpse? You become a lot lighter, your flesh becomes thinner, your body fat gets dispersed and bones become brittle. In my opinion, this explains many things:

    • Firstly it explains why the protagonist gets thrown around so much when swinging a weapon and over commits their attacks, even with relatively light weapons, like the Zweihander which in real life weighed about 3 kg (6.6 lbs for those who use hamburger units)

    • It explains why the protagonist takes so little fall damage since they're lighter

    • It explains why the only way for them to get any poise at all is with super bulky 75kg fantasy armor, when real life reinassance plate weighed a third of that and could make the warrior wearing it pretty much unmovable

    • It explains why the protagonist even in their best armor can only survive a maximum of 3 strong hits

    • And finally, why parries are so disorienting, since less mass means a much stronger jerk to their brain when the momentum of their attack gets redirected

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Frankaos333
    [link] [comments]

    Some tips for newbies and seasoned vets alike

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:34 AM PST

    Hello, I've played the dark souls series for a long time, in fact recently I just finished a No death/ no bonfire playthrough on dark souls 2 a personal goal of mine for awhile c: (I'll organise the guide in sections if you feel confident in a section already feel free to skip over it c: )

    I've seen a lot of people asking about certain covenants, weapons, builds, and decided to write a short guide for anybody to read through to improve their game play, I know the wikia exists, but I think it's helpful to have the knowledge in a thread they can just jump too, and also give some personal experience and opinions from each thing. I hope it helps <3

    BOSSES-

    1. Did you know that every boss in the game has a crippling weakness? I know it sounds obvious but hear me out, every boss (no matter how tough they seem to be) has something that absolutely destroys them. I'll share the weakness of some bosses I've personally heard people have a lot of trouble with
      1. Smelter Demon and Blue Smelter demon are both extremely prone to poison/toxic and can be killed very easily with the pyromancies poison mist and toxic mist
      2. Nashandra, Velstadt, Demon of Song, and guardian dragons, are just a few examples of enemies extremely weak to lightning, sunlight blade or lightning spear miracles will make quick work of them
      3. The giant lord can be farmed infinitely due to bonfire ascetic existing in it's memory, a sorcery build or hex build will be able to farm the giant lord very easily, allowing some of the most profitable soul grind in any souls game
      4. Some bosses are weak to certain weapon types, for instance The Rotten is very weak to thrust and can be farmed very easily with a good spear or rapier, bosses like Mirror Knight are insanely weak to strike, allowing hammers and clubs to melt his health

    BUILDS-

    1. A lot of people are unsure what builds to try, or what builds work/ don't work. So I will share some of the more reliable and difficult ones (if you're after a challenge!)
      1. Strength builds work, like really well. This can actually apply to any souls game, clubs are very versatile and powerful weapons, a +10 club on a well rounded vit/stamina/strength build can wreck a lot of bosses days. This is probably the easiest build in any souls game, and is a very good starting build for somebody who wants to explore the world and not worry so much, these builds work with any powerful greatswords, axes, clubs, hammers etc
      2. Sorcery/Miracle builds, spellcasters are a little finicky, their early game will be rough, there isn't much they can do very early on, and bosses without somebody to distract them can cause a lot of pain. That being said late game, spellcasters are insane. In fact in Dark Souls 2 specifically I'd dare to say hex builds are probably the highest dps builds somebody can make, pilgrims of the dark covenant ring, chime of want (dark infused) +5 with some lion mage clothing and a hexer hood for increase spell casting speed (lion mage) and increased spell uses (hexer hood/saint hood) can be a very deadly build, fragile, but it can kill very well with spells like great resonant soul. And lifedrain patch if you like killing your friends and white/yellow phantoms
      3. Dex builds are very quick and high damage, they rely on small weapons that pick out damage very quickly, the downside being there usually isn't much power behind their swings, allowing heavy armored bosses and enemies to give them a run for their money, but anything without armor is easy game. Weapons like Espada Ropera, rapier, Eleum Loyce blade, Washing pole, Chaos blade, Sir Alones Blade, Twin blades, Scythes, and Partizans all work really well with this build
      4. If you want to suffer do bows and arrows only, no melee, no daggers, no blades, just bows, arrows, crossbows, and bolts, good luck and enjoy the pain

    Covenants-

    1. There are a lot of really cool covenants in the game and all have really interesting spells/rings/effects So we'll go over some cool things about them:

    - Heirs of the Sun

    The wonderful sun covenant of jolly co-op is a great covenant to be in, the items from it are pretty good, the sunlight parma is unfortunately a pretty bad shield, but the Sun Blade is a very fun and useful weapon that can really help out early game and even late on the right build, the main reason for this covenant is Sunlight Spear one of the most powerful lightning spells in the game it can make insanely quick work of bosses, worth it for miracle builds

    - Brotherhood of Blood/ Blue Sentinels

    I've seen a lot of questions about this covenant, it bases it's ranking on how many people you killed not really how many tokens of spite/ fidelity you have. They do give insanely good things, such as Wrath of God, curved twin blade, etc. However all these items can be bought from Chancellor Wellager in NG++ so don't stress about that too much, just play it if you really like pvp

    - Rat King

    One huge thing here. SLUMBERING DRAGONCREST RING, it is dumb, absolutely dumb, the amount of enemies that detect you with sound in this game let's you abuse this ring so easily. For instance did you know the giants that crawl out of the ash in Brume Tower DLC won't if you have this ring on? (unless you walk like right on top of their heads) it also lets you sneak up on enemies insanely well, getting easy backstabs and making quick work of areas. To get this ring either stop 30 people, or just use bonfire ascetic and kill the royal rats a whole bunch of times either works

    - Pilgrims of the dark

    Hugely important for hex/sorcery builds, if you are a caster of any type, 100% max this covenant it will help quite a lot. Also the old man sells 10 bonfire ascetics which err'body love~

    - Company of Champions

    Dangerous covenant, makes all enemy spawns, infinite (as long as you are in it) it also blocks all co-op and summoning signs. On top of making enemies harder and stronger with better detection range (unless you got that sneaky ring up there from rat bois) The rewards include strong magic weapon (good), a dragon ring (that isn't that good and breaks too easily) and the covenant ring which makes your bare fists hit like a semi-truck which is not only a great meme but also a solid weapon with low stamina usage.

    -Dragon bois

    Dragon bois is a fun covenant for anybody looking for some quality pvp, unfortunately sometimes dragon bois get summoned into gank worlds and just get farmed, F in the chat for the dragon bois

    Last but not least, random fun facts:

    Did you know that a lot of enemies are very prone to poison and toxic? Using the mist correctly while abusing A.I pathing can clear entire pulls of enemies very well if done correctly. You can also poison mimics and they won't pop out of chest mode and simply will die

    Did you know if you light all the torches in the sewer you get invaded by the Sewer Denezin who drops a witch mask that makes you 100% immune to curse?

    Did you know that you can actually get the avalyn cross bow (the one that shots 3 bolts at once) it is either drop by bowman grumpy invasion or dropped from a black phantom in the bell tower at iron forge.

    Did you know the spider enemies over in Brightstone Cove Tseldora won't attack if somebody is holding a torch? You can have a phantom holding one and they won't attack you either, it seems to shut off their A.I and make them completely passive

    Did you know at Dragons Peak the dragon knights won't attack you if you fight and kill the aggressive giants and the dragon phantom at the end of the level? The idea is to watch you 1v1 the enemy

    Did you know this game is amazing cause bed of chaos doesn't exist in it as a boss?

    Did you know you can get Siegwards of Catarina's full armor? Each piece exists in a different DLC, helmet in Shulva, body in Eleum loyce, and legs/gloves in a hidden wall in brume tower

    Did you know you get special gear for farming loyce souls before killing the ivory king? Like loyce armor, eleum loyce sword (which can heal people) and the ivory kings armor which drains health from enemies you kill, if they are the opposite gender, really only making it useful on girls which is kinda dumb

    Did you know if you light all the torches in things betwixt a phantom appears that will drop a petrified something

    Did you know the best way to deal with the frozen wastes in Eleum Loyce DLC is to not?

    Did you know seeds of the tree giant allow enemies to attack whoever is invading you?

    That's all the random facts I can think of now xD but if you guys have any questions about weapons, armors, bosses, areas, builds, or even how to get the illusionary rings from a 0 death/0 bonfire playthrough feel free to ask c:

    submitted by /u/Liliththe13
    [link] [comments]

    First dark souls 2 run.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:18 PM PST

    And I'm terrified

    submitted by /u/PlagueRatz
    [link] [comments]

    An appreciation post

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:53 AM PST

    I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this sub and all of ya. You are probably some of the best and most heart warming people and one of the most "relaxing" subs to discuss for stuff, laugh and ask for help etc. When I first joined this sub ya'll accepted me easily and were happy to answer my questions every time I had one, with details. You gave me the help I needed and much more to beat this wonderful game. Your suggestions were very helpful and guided me. I do not know what is it, but this sub seems to be probably the most "normal" (in a good way) from any dark souls related sub. People are nice and make no exceptions for anyone and anything. So to sum up, I love ya'll, I love this sub and I hope stuff stay this way!

    Peace out ya beautiful bastards! ❤️

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    I just started and killed the three old ladies in the hut, was that a mistake?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:20 AM PST

    They all creeped me out, and they laughed ominously when they died. Also, I keep failing the running jump in that tutorial section. :/ I picked a bandit with the medical stuff.

    submitted by /u/negativelist
    [link] [comments]

    My first completion of DS2

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:28 AM PST

    I have finally finished Dark Souls 2. I loved DS3, it quickly became my favorite game. Sekiro and Bloodborne are forever ingrained in my heart. But DS2, damn...

    At first, it truly was aggravating to play, but apparently I have some form of Masochistic nature (granted, you have to have a little bit, in order to play Dark Souls 2) because this only pulled me closer. But as I began to look closer at certain things, it only made me appreciate them more. For one, there is finally a real punishment for death. Light has to be earned. And Agility is the greatest stat ever, why would they rid of that?

    I will say, Drangleic is MASSIVE, and I love that. Messages are as trolling as ever, I can't say how many walls I've hit because of people shouting illusion. Thankfully, I've never thrown myself off any ledges for one. As for the Bonfire system with Aesthetics,they are so useful, and I can't believe we don't have a system like that anymore. It was such a good system, I really want that back.

    All in all, it's really hard to get into at first, but damn if I can't say it's not competing for my favorite game now. I plan on pushing on, and getting my 4th FromSoft Platinum

    submitted by /u/Rabakku--
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for dark souls 2?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:01 AM PST

    I have been wanting to get into the souls game for around a year now and I started playing Dark Souls 2 on black friday of 2019. It was my first souls game and i think the most recent boss i killed was the twin Dragonriders. Ive been doing decent but eventually i get to a point where i dont know what to do/ where to go. I need help on picking the right weapons and such i have a +10 mastadon halbred and a +10 broadsword. I couldnt figure out how to use magic for a long time. And i need tips for boss weaknesses, what the best element is, how tf im supposed to do the dumbass gulch part and other general tips would be nice. Thanks for everyone that leaves a tip it helps a lot.

    submitted by /u/real_mason8124
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:20 PM PST

    My hands won't stop shaking. I stand here, having renounced the order of the world. The credits play out as I type. Ever since I began this journey, I pondered Dark Souls 2's unique nature in the Souls series. Not focused on fire, but the nature of the soul itself. The weight of souls can drive one mad, but emptiness is not the true answer. I would like to thank everyone on this blessed community for not writing off this game as many others have, and celebrating its unique contribution to your own lives.

    submitted by /u/Saffeus
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help on softs

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Anyone can help me through iron keep? PC, SM 57k

    submitted by /u/lantzder
    [link] [comments]

    What is in your opinion the hardest area in the game

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:46 AM PST

    How about a Dark souls 2 based movie??

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    I reckon this would be great,im sure miyazaki would approve with the backing of B team,i think the obvious choice for our main character would be ryan renolds preferably as a sorcerer imo,my choice for pursuer Dwayne 'the rock" johnson,Thoughts!??

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    Early build setup using bonfire ascetic?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:12 AM PST

    Hey guys, new player here currently on my first playthrough, just beat Freja for the last primal bonfire and took a quick look at Drangleic Castle before taking a break.

    I really feel like taking a bit of a rest and just playing around for some time, re-exploring the early areas with a new character, using different weapons, trying a new build etc. and one aspect of this game I haven't yet been able to fully make use of due to my fear of wasting it, is bonfire ascetics!

    Do you guys have any recommendations for builds I could kind of "set up" early game using bonfire ascetics? I already read on here that some (all?) bosses drop different things on higher ng cycles and I love the idea of setting up a build that uses an awesome boss weapon/spell or even a nice looking armor or a special ring early on and shaping the build around it for the rest of the game.

    Any build is completely fine with this purpose, Str/Dex fth/int pure caster/melee and hybrid and anything in between, be it a "meme"-ish build or an absolute pve or pvp destroyer, I just want to use some cool ds2 equipment!

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

    submitted by /u/Noivis
    [link] [comments]

    An explaination on respawing enemies(CoC)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:30 PM PST

    So,i'm doing a coop run with two friends

    i wanted to obtain the black knights weapons early so i've gone to the second shaded woods bonfire and started killing the kobolds,forgetting that ds2sotfs has a respawn counter.

    at this point(after they despawned) i tried joining CoC to make them respawn again buuut nothing,so(given that i have no ascetics sadly) am i not understanding how the pact works?

    thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Skoda619
    [link] [comments]

    BlackDynamite Katana

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Alright so I'm going through DS2 and I am LOVING the BlackSteel Katana. I picked it up in the Iron Keep after spending most of the game running an upgraded Falchion, and haven't put it down. I did a Dex-ish run in DS1 but I never used the Uchigatana, so when I saw this in DS2 I leveled it up immediately and have been cleaning up. The S scaling with Dex ain't to shabby either 😎

    submitted by /u/roberttheboi
    [link] [comments]

    Connection problems

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 04:20 AM PST

    So a friend of mine and I wanted to play some DS2 SotfS. For some reason we are having trouble seeing signs. When I disconnect my internet and reconnect it then launch the game I can see signs but after an unknown amount if time (some minutes) I can't see any again. Can someone please explain?

    Edit : We started out helping each other so our soul memories are almost identical.

    submitted by /u/Darth_Fluffymuffins
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon should I use?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:35 AM PST

    I'm doing a sorc/hex build, with a fire longsword+1 as my melee weapon, but I'm wondering what I should use next. I'd like something relatively fast, so nothing too much slower than the longsword. I'm thinking of using the Heide knight sword, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm about to fight the Ruin Sentinels. They always give me a lot of trouble, so once I pick my weapon, should I buy a boltstone and infuse said weapon?

    Edit: I have a soul vessel that I'm willing to use. Here are my stats (without the hexer's hood; I started as a sorceror):

    5 vigor (can't go lower)

    17 endurance (I won't go lower than 12)

    5 vitality (can't go lower)

    17 attunement (I won't go lower than 16)

    16 strength (I won't go lower than 12)

    9 dexterity (I won't go lower)

    10 adaptability (I won't/can't go lower than 8)

    21 intelligence (I won't go lower)

    20 faith (I won't go lower than 17)

    submitted by /u/ZXKW
    [link] [comments]

    PowerShell script for backing up Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:37 AM PST

    I always run a melee or an archer/melee build...Can u guys provide any tips on a battle mage build?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:33 AM PST

    I want to run a battlemage with the blacksmith hammer as my main and staff as my off hand...any tips on spell selection and stat allocation and gear would be greatly appreciated, I have most items in the game on my mule so gear selection is not a problem..I want to run in the sl 125 range if that helps with stat selection..thanks in advance for any suggestions

    submitted by /u/juggaloyates
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a subreddit where I can ask for help on the Demon of Song?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 08:19 AM PST

    I play on Ps4 and I'm at the rhoy's rest. Plz help. Also, I was going to change the title, but it won't let me so please help. I want to get out of Shrine of Amana

    submitted by /u/GhostTurtle212
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 04:30 AM PST

    im like 10 hours in ds2 version one and wanted to change to sotfs. is it worth it to sacrifice those time i spent. i have beaten like 4 boss now. sorry for bad english

    submitted by /u/FeelTheThunderOwO
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my save file, can someone help me?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 04:07 AM PST

    I reset my PC, but apparently DS2 doesnt have steam cloud saving. I was around the mirror knight area, and was wondering if someone has a save around that area, thatd would be willing to share with me. I dont feel like replaying the game all over again.


    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:24 AM PST

    Anyone up for some co-op with the Old Iron King boss fight? I need some help. I play on PS4 and my psn is Ravager_Rota. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Chellybean48
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ with katanas

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 01:41 AM PST

    So basically I am using dual dark uchigatanas as a hex-melee build and while the damage I'm doing is decent in NG+, I'm finding the stamina consumption way too heavy, I can only use the powerstanced moveset three times before getting exhausted, and a single uchi is underwhelming in strength. Does anyone have a weapon recommendation for me to use, I'm SL200 and have soul vessels to respect if I wish.

    submitted by /u/JoshThePleb
    [link] [comments]

    Just learned something new..

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 01:30 AM PST

    So I'm on my 3rd run and this time I'm going to finish it. And just like my other runs I've joined the covenant of the champions.

    I didn't really even pay attention to it when enemies got harder in Lost Bastille, I just thought that it's meant to be like it because it's Dark Souls and thought it was normal.

    Hmm. Imma leave it now.

    submitted by /u/random_stair
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment