• Breaking News

    Monday, December 16, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:12 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The adventures of Athena the Mistress of Fisting

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    I beat DS2 with a dex build my first playthrough. Since then, I've attempted multiple runs that I always get bored on. And then came Athena. I wanted to do a Caestus only run starting as a warrior, so I could immediately use the OP Caestus powerstance. But I accidentally selected Deprived. So I decided to play until TLG, then decide from there. I had died 5 times before I could even buy 1 Caestus. But I was having fun. Having to be incredibly close and dying to 4 hits in the earlygame really forced me to use my head and strategize. As I started pumping Str, Vig, and End, I started getting stronger, and I was doing good. Before I knew it, I had reached Flexile. And so continues the story of the half naked redhead that will save the world, Athena the Fister.

    Tl;Dr: Was getting bored of DS2, started a fisting waifu run, and got excited again.

    submitted by /u/ALargeToe
    [link] [comments]

    Quick sm question?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:07 AM PST

    My SM is 14 million and some change, I have a buddy whose SM is just above 15 million. A trade between the two of u should be possible. Am I correct to assume this? I have checked the sm calculator but honestly that shit confuses the hell outta me, there is no reason why we should not be able to trade. Right?

    submitted by /u/juggaloyates
    [link] [comments]

    All spells,miracles,boxes ng+ requirement?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:58 AM PST

    How many playthroughs of scholar of the first sin does a undead gotta do? My save data got deleted so I gotta start all over(:

    submitted by /u/AlmightyDaddi
    [link] [comments]

    Playing on PS4 after i got plat on PC

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:38 AM PST

    Hail, Bearers of the curse! So as the title states I've finished DS2 three times on PC and got platinum. Now as I've bought DS2 on PS4 I'm looking for some interesting builds.

    What builds I've tried:

    • Strength
    • Int
    • Hex
    • Faith
    • Pyro

    Please point me a nice fun build to rush through SotFS on PS4.

    submitted by /u/justsawyer1
    [link] [comments]

    Sunbro with high SM in need of help (PS4).

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:34 PM PST

    A fellow Sunbro out there willing to go for some Sunlight Medals on PS4 with me? My Soul Memory is 15.3 mil, so I don't get summoned much, and I really don't want to farm Falconers ^

    submitted by /u/Elysius86
    [link] [comments]

    The game has given up on me

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:14 PM PST

    I keep on dying so much in the Iron Keep, the mobs stopped showing up. In a way that feels like they think I'm not worth their effort :|

    submitted by /u/NotAGoodUser
    [link] [comments]

    I thought summoning sunbros will give you a medal as well?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    Was this changed in SotFS? Haven't played online in a long time and now I'm trying to get 30 medals while playing through the game. When someone summons me I always get a medal, but when I'm the one summoning sunbros I get nothing.

    Wiki states: "Can be obtained by summoning a Gold Phantom and letting them fulfill their duty"

    Maybe it's different when I am in the same covenant? Or do they need to get the last hit or what?

    submitted by /u/TacticalFX
    [link] [comments]

    so lost in this game, no idea where to go or what to do

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:49 PM PST

    so i have played ds1, ds3 and bloodborne and i am like level 50 in this game. i am constantly coming across the statues that block your way and i have brought a fragrant branch of yore off merchant hag melentia, and i unlocked the path to shaded woods (she only has one branch to sell it appears).

    the area past shaded ruins is blocked, the other areas that are connected to shaded woods are also blocked by other things like the kings seal i think ? and a door that says "find larger souls" or something.

    i am up to ruin sentinels, but ive seen a flow chart of which areas are connected to which in each souls game (so beast), and lost bastille is connected to nothing other than two dead end areas and no mans warf.

    tldr: where do i go ? ive played so much of this game and actually enjoy myself like more than i was expecting to, but now i honestly have no idea what the story is, where im supposed to go. my way is constantly blocked so and i cant clear it, any guidance would be great.

    thanks to anyone who reads this lol

    submitted by /u/themartyrdom
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 has the best character creator of the entire series

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:48 PM PST

    Yes it's a bit cartoony, but more diversity is allowed by that. The eyes are vibrant, adding cosmetics doesn't change your whole fucking character green, among other things. With some tweaking, it has by far the most attractive male and female character options. The only downside is extremely limited hairstyles.

    In ds1, a lot of characters look samey. Makes sense as it's the second entry in the series after demon souls, its archaic.

    In ds3, like every character face I see in game, in the fashion souls sub, in the sliders sub, all look the fucking sameeee. Thin nose, wide forehead, squinty eyes, weak chin, sickly skin. The eye textures are pretty dull too.

    In bloodborne, the sameyness also happens. Every character i see, every fashionsouls/sliders post, they all look like varying stages of David Bowie/Jared Leto, just with differing hairstyles.

    I guess it makes sense, lore-wise. The people of lordran, lothric, and yharnam all have a distinct look for their respective nationality/ethnicity.

    But drangleic must be the california of the series, as every character looks wildly different from the next, and not many look samey. The pale and tan skin tones are more realistic too.

    submitted by /u/Forhaver
    [link] [comments]

    How do dodges work?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:05 AM PST

    I'm not exactly a soulsborne noob I have completed ds1 and bloodborne and decided to play ds2 but the dodges seem a bit weird I can have a perfect roll and still get it

    submitted by /u/Sr_Bananas
    [link] [comments]

    Join our Ps3 ds2 Discord server!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:25 AM PST

    Growing community right here ladies and gents. Join the cool dudes (and dudettes)[?]

    We love to pvp and and help eachother in jolly cooperation!

    Link to discord server here

    https://discord.gg/AxEDtB

    submitted by /u/Lthurber
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you all

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:18 PM PST

    Thanks for support on my first run post. But I am fighting the pursuer or whatever tf. I see ballistas that seem like they are to be used but I cant hit him with them, I cant seem to get him in the right spot.

    submitted by /u/PlagueRatz
    [link] [comments]

    In what order should I be incorporating the DLC content into a normal playthrough?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:42 AM PST

    You may use whatever theme or parameter you like for your answer. Going by release order I'd naturally go:

    1. Sunken King
    2. Old Iron King
    3. Ivory King

    but going by acquisition of the key items (Dragon Talon, Heavy Iron Key, Frozen Flower) it seems more like I'm supposed to go:

    1. Old Iron King
    2. Sunken King
    3. Ivory King

    Also, are these supposed to be done after the main storyline or will I be severely overleveled by then?

    submitted by /u/homingmissile
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend me some faith builds. I want to blast Powerwolf and feel hip about striking hollows with lightning on my crusade to rid this world of those hollows and retake it in the name of Gwyn.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:05 PM PST

    Bandit axe sorcerer

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:59 PM PST

    As title says. I've got a +10 bandit axe and was wandering what upgrade pathway would be the most beneficial. Stats are 40/40 int/att 18/18 star/dex Mainly for dlc content and late game heavy armoured/high magic resistance mobs

    submitted by /u/miomimio95
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it rebuyng

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:10 PM PST

    So i just got the ps4 on my own with 15 cuz of christmas and black friday sales. I love souls series especially ds2 pvp. I have more than 1.5k hours on ps3. but since ds3 drained my pocket i was wondering if its worth 15 bcks for ds2. Cuz i'd definitely enjoy sone pvp if its not as dead as on ps3. Do people still gank, troll, use convenants stuff, duel? Id love to do that again on ps4 but i feel like its dead and not worth it

    submitted by /u/NotAnEducatedPerson
    [link] [comments]

    Is my Creighton/Pate quest ruined?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 06:59 PM PST

    I talked to Pate once before the Forest gate, but not after I escaped. I talked to Creighton in his cell and in shaded woods afterward. I didn't talk to Pate in Earthen Peak. Is the quest ruined?

    submitted by /u/DadBod800
    [link] [comments]

    Hey I'm King Vendrick Please welcome me

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 06:20 PM PST

    I'm not sure if was invited to the community but I'm kinda new to reddit... I don't even have the app. I'm open to learn new things about Dark Souls 2 and get to know loads of people that play the game 🎮 😂😂😂

    submitted by /u/KingVendrick3079
    [link] [comments]

    I made a lore to my character.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:37 PM PST

    When playing Dragon Age, i liked the rpg style background of your character when you make one. So i did one for my ds2 char. He is a pyro-sorcerer.

    "You were a student of the proud Dragon School of Vinheim, but not a good one, for you those complicated and varied spells were too much for your muscle head. After the chosen one choose to light the fire and killed Seath the school took possession of the archive's, but limited the acces to the books because of Logan's fate. You after overhearing a conversation of your teacher about pyromancy, tryes to sneak on the archives and learn more about this "simple" and "explosive" magic. After succeeding in obtaining the information you need. And finaly learning how to obtain such thing, the undead curse strikes you, and finaly, you embark to drangleic, to test your skills as a sorcerer and learn more about the art of controling fire."

    I tried to make this as canon as possibly but took some libertys. Please say what you think and create your on "char lore" i want to read.

    submitted by /u/someweirdcatsaddicte
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment