• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 2, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I drew everyones favourite doggo!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I hope you guys like my drawing of Sif, I'm not used to drawing animals... Please be gentle!

    https://imgur.com/a/EIoPp47

    Obligatory edit: AAAAH MY FIRST GOLD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    submitted by /u/LadyOfKos
    [link] [comments]

    My fiancée is better than me at Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    So I got into Dark Souls mid 2018 and got completely obsessed. I picked up all 3 on sale, played through the first one and loved it, played the the third one and loved it, and now I've been bouncing back and forth between them doing runs. I have yet to play 2, but I'm planning on it in the near future. Anyway, my then girlfriend and now fiancée enjoys watching me play games so she watched my whole journey through both games. A couple weeks ago, we were bored one night and she suggested that she could try playing Dark Souls. I thought it would be fun so we booted up the game and she created her character, a warrior named Lulu. I did my first playthrough with the longsword and she watched that, so I recommended she start with warrior. I explained the buttons to her and she was on her way, killing the hollows outside her cell without locking on because she always forgets too. She made it to the Asylum Demon pretty quickly, only dying a few times. I explain to her how to do the plunging attack onto his head, so she jumps off and... misses the plunging attack. She killed him first try anyway. I could already tell she was doing well. She quickly understood how to roll through attacks (probably because she's watched hundreds of hours of me play) and she has good reflexes.

    After that, it was on to Firelink shrine. She had some trouble with the hollows near Firelink around the stairs, but she farmed them for a while to get practice and levels. It took her a while to get to the the burg bonfire but she eventually got there. Getting to the Taurus Demon also took a while. It's hard for her to fight groups of enemies, since it involves switching your lock on and managing your stamina better. Anyway, she tried fighting Taurus for about an hour that night and couldn't kill him, so we gave up for that day.

    A few weeks later, she tried again. After a few attempts, she got lucky and Taurus killed himself by jumping off the bridge (happened to me the first time I beat him too, or maybe the second). Anyway, I'll skip ahead to the more exciting part. After quite a long struggle, she makes it to Andre. I tell her she should farm for shards/souls to upgrade her longsword to +5. She works on this for a while and we get all the way to +5 and we call it for the night. Fast forward to last night, we're hiding from trick or treaters and she's playing again. Since she killed so many enemies while farming earlier, she has like 5 soft humanity (or whatever you call the number on your status bar), I have her become human and kindle Andre's bonfire to 10. She decides to go fight the gargoyles now. I tell her to take it slow, so she goes into the church, and kills the Balder on the stairs while only taking one hit. I have her run through the room with the channeler towards the ladders and she kills the hollows as they follow her. She kills the channeler without too much trouble and goes to free Lautrec. Then, she goes to the fog gate for the gargoyles and we Solaire's summon sign, since she's still human. I tell her to summon him because why not. With Solaire at her side, she enters the boss room to fight the gargoyles and... destroys them in one try. Maybe it was a combination of having Solaire and a +5 longsword, but those suckers took me 3 weeks to beat my first time. 3 weeks!! She did it like a minute and thirty seconds.

    Anyway, after that I have her go back to the asylum to get the rusted iron ring for blight town. I teach her how to parry the black knights. It takes her a while to get the hang of it and she dies a bunch, but eventually she parries the first one 4 times in a row and kills him. The second one also kills her a bunch of times, but then she gets the parry chain going and kills him with 4 parries in a row again. Moral of the story, my fiancée is better than me at Dark Souls. I always tell her she has better reflexes then me, she just doesn't know what to do in a game when she reacts to something because she forgets what the buttons are. Like when we play fighting games, if I tell her how to stop something, she can react to it a lot of the times, but otherwise she doesn't know what to do. To be fair, she's not very good at controlling the camera or managing stamina, but she'll get better at that with practice and she might end up being better than me.

    tl;dr:

    my fiancée beat the Bell Gargoyles in about a minute on her first try when it took me 3 weeks, then learns to parry black knights perfectly

    edit: wow didn't realize this got so long. Sorry about that

    submitted by /u/ploot_
    [link] [comments]

    Should i buy it?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 04:37 AM PDT

    I have 50€ but i kinda want to buy it for switch. Is it worth the price?

    submitted by /u/oliivi1
    [link] [comments]

    Found the Ps4 Trilogy for just 25 bucks. The best 25 bucks I've ever spend in my life.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    I was one of those "ehh, feels overhyped" jerks.

    Now I see why so many love the Souls games.

    submitted by /u/mercyinfamous
    [link] [comments]

    Started a new playthrough with an old friend and had the best invasion of our lives..

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    May not be the best in all of Dark Souls history, but definitely the best/funniest one we've had yet (u/emansamples92)
    Our Best invasion yet

    submitted by /u/dutchmas
    [link] [comments]

    If there were no life before Gwyn and his allies invaded the surface, then what are stone dragons and archtrees?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:05 AM PDT

    And when you kill Undead NPC's they don't come back. They just die and never return. Is there lore explanation for this?

    submitted by /u/Canned_Mann
    [link] [comments]

    Which game have you replayed the most?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    As I've posted some time ago, I'm a newish player to Dark Souls. Currently in my first playthrough and I think I'm approaching the end. I've rang the two bells, caught the souls of 4 kings, nito, and seath. I'm presently tackling bed of chaos and I believe after this will be the final boss.

    I'm planning to jump to DS2 immediately, but even on my first playthrough I'm already having nostalgia of my first trip to undead parish. Heck, I even love Blighttown now.

    Then after the DS series I'm planning on playing other soulslike games (my introduction to the genre was Code Vein which led me to playing this franchise), especially Bloodborne and Sekiro, then Nioh and Surge series. So it'll be a long time before I go back to DS1, which at this point in time I know I'm in love with.

    Thus begs the question (uhm, out of curiosity), which game have you replayed the most?

    submitted by /u/noobakosowhat
    [link] [comments]

    Workin

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    Man i was hitting squats earlier, and the ornstein and smough theme startes playing full volume.

    I never had such perfect form and power.

    Cause you know, it takes perfect form and power to beat o and s, as well as do squats.

    They are one and the same.

    submitted by /u/jaydensotc
    [link] [comments]

    Knight honor bug ?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:23 AM PDT

    I have every rare weapon you normaly need for achivement + all the other rare weapon but i can't get the achivement did any one know what's happening ?

    submitted by /u/patatejean371
    [link] [comments]

    Had an INSANE multiplayer experience. Against Manus that too. If 158 and The Boy Next Door see this, Thanks guys

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:22 AM PDT

    So I just yesterday began playing online on DSR and like nothing much happened until now. I summoned two phantoms the guys in question and we went from the Township, shortcut to Chasm, explored fully and then Manus.

    The boss fight was nothing short of fucking insane! It was like a Raid Boss fight in an MMORPG, I even summoned Sif and the whole setting was incredible.

    I know this severely tanks up Manus' hp but honestly worth it. I didnt want to the endgame bossfight to be a cheese and holy fuck was it great. There were us dodging all over the place, his dark magic, pyro all over the place, Sif all over the place.

    It was still tough but so much fun holy shit just had to share that. Thanks 158 and the Boy Next Door, was a lot of fun. Best online experience so far.

    submitted by /u/OYoureapproachingme
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    Another post made me curious, which ending did you choose and why? I'm interested in seeing the contrasting opinions

    submitted by /u/PrincessAliana
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought the game, wondering about the playerbase

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:11 AM PDT

    So I just got DSR, and now I'll finally be able to fully experience the toxicity and wackiness of this game. (Used to play offline on console, ew blighttown fps, and I only ever got to the Lordvessel part of the story)

    Now I'll be able to experience covenants, pvp, raids, helping others, using the online items etc. so I wanted to ask how active the playerbase is nowadays (Idk how servers are distributed, but I'm closer to east Europe in terms of servers if that matters). Also, how frequent are hackers?

    I'm aware that pussies with cheat engine are viral on PC, but honestly how bad is it? Is there a hacker in 1 of 10 online players, is it borderline unplayable? Are people still playing? Are the covenants active? Please share your thoughts and experience.

    PS: Can't wait to deprived flex on the Asylum Demon.

    submitted by /u/Leonaides04
    [link] [comments]

    Emote glitch

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 02:12 AM PDT

    Hello I'm playing dark souls remastered on a switch and sometimes the emote menu appears without me doing anything! It takes about 3 to 10 seconds for the emote menu to appear again and makes the game totally unplayable. It pop's up anytime and I have no idea why. Did anyone encounter this glitch and know how to fix it??

    submitted by /u/JustAFuckingGarden
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:42 AM PDT

    Does anyone know where ZeroLenny gets his inspirational speeches for the Big Boy bosses in his videos?

    submitted by /u/ReignyandKraxos
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any difference in how good shields are at parrying?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    Like does the small buckler thing parry better than a bigger shield?

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Inktober Finished

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/JNsNNS7

    Had one of my posts removed for self promotion early in the month, so I waited to post the rest until the end. Hope that's ok by the mods.

    I think I killed a fine liner and some markers doing this.

    submitted by /u/ninjakitty7
    [link] [comments]

    Home stretch

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    I did it boios, I made it to NG+6 my journey is almost over but I will never forget the entire dark souls map layout

    submitted by /u/PrincessAliana
    [link] [comments]

    How good is the black armor set?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    Defenders of the bonfire

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    Any new souls player on ps4 any game join the defenders of the bonfire on facebook. My wife and I love helping new players or anyone that wants to coop! And trade items We are a nice fun community we dont like or tolerate the your trash additude. Come join post fun ds memes and fan art!

    submitted by /u/coppermage26
    [link] [comments]

    Very weird save game state...

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    Went back into my ongoing game and everything seems... well out of place. For example, a lot of the item spawns have re-appeared, when I die I don't go hollow and... my cell door isn't open (see image) (so I can't pick up the peculiar doll). Last thing I did in the game is get the lordvessel and now my game is all messed up. Has this ever happened to you guys? I'm playing remastered on PC.

    https://imgur.com/a/gCrfqlv

    edit: Now that I think of it, I'll try to see if it's possible to finish the game with its seemingly corrupted state... maybe some interesting bugs will occur ;-)

    submitted by /u/MattD1980
    [link] [comments]

    Gonna try a pure pyro build

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Original or remastered?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    So, I used to play DS1 and 2 on ps3 and recently got DS3 for PC, since I don't own a ps4. I'm currently thinking of getting DS1 for PC aswell but I need some of your opinions on whether to go for the original or remastered? Sometimes when games get remastered, they loose some of their authentic feel and it suddenly is a different experience, but I figure that PVP vise, remaster will be more busy than original?

    /praise the sun

    submitted by /u/Sunzaro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment