• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 2, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I had 3 days to prepare for a Halloween party, so I slapped together a Fume Knight costume.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Picture here! I unfortunately didn't have the materials for the sword, but to be honest it would have been annoying to carry around.

    submitted by /u/Lintergreen
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking beat the game

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    Holy shit. I sat through the credits and it took me back to majula. What do I do next?

    submitted by /u/FEARRLES
    [link] [comments]

    I have just finished Dark Souls II

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:53 AM PDT

    SotFS.

    What a great game, I loved it! It took sometime getting used to, coming from a Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 fan.

    46:47:34 hours of total playtime, but take off an hour or two because I went AFK more than once.

    I played through 80% of the game as a sorcerer, planning on becoming a strength build next playthrough using a soul vessel.

    I also got all spells, miracles, hexes, and pyromancies except for the NG+ and DLC ones.

    I'm going to play the DLC now, then onto NG+ and NG++ for the platinum trophy.

    My journey is far from over, but the story is over and I quite enjoyed it, the worst in the series for me, but still a solid game.

    7.5/10.

    I heard great things about the DLC so I cant wait.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/KilaniPlays
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory about how DS2 fits into the Dark Souls lore but it has left me with a few questions [Lore] [Spoilers]

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    So someone on either a YT or reddit comment a few days ago mentioned casually that they thought DS3 represented ending DS1 by linking the first flame, and DS2 represented ending DS1 by embracing the dark. The more I thought about this, the more it made sense.

    DS1 takes place during the Age of Fire. Its the end of the Age of Fire since the first flame is dying out, but its still def Gwyn's Age of Fire. If you link the fire and extend its Age, you begin a long chain of fire flame linking by countless chosen undead, until eventually the events of DS3 happens. This is why many of the major players and locations in DS3 are the same as DS1; you and all the other chosen undead maintain the Age of Fire. The continent is still called Lordran, many characters from DS1 still exist in 3 (e.g. Andre), even certain important locations retain their name: Anor Londo, the Kiln of the First Flame, etc.

    However, how does DS2 fit into this line of thinking? DS2 has little to no evidence of the world of DS1 in it. The continent is called something different, the First Flame doesn't even make an appearance, the Lord Vessel lies shattered in the basement of the Majula Mansion, forgotten and useless, and all the major players are different except a vague mention of the 4 Lord Souls existing in the form of NG+ Great Souls. Not even Gwyn, the founder of the Age of Fire and final boss of DS1 is ever named in Dark Soul 1's first sequel (as far as I know).

    All of that and more begins to make sense if you consider DS2 the "dark ending" of 1. Gwyn's Age of Fire ended long ago in the world of DS2. Its legacy is lost, the First Flame is long extinguished.

    Think about this: who are the major players in DS2? Who shapes the world you encounter? Def Vendrik and Aldia for the main game, and then also the Kings of each DLC. All humans. All of the most powerful beings in DS2 lore are humans. And what does the "dark ending" of DS1 do? Bring on the age of man.

    (no, Nashandra is not very powerful. Also she's a being of the dark so her existence makes sense anyway)

    The final thing for this theory I'll mention is the Dark. Humans are creatures of the Dark, born from the Dark Soul. Dark Souls 2 is the only game in the series to have a dedicated school of magic for the Dark. In the Age of Fire (so DS1 and 3), the Dark never proliferates enough for mages to develop it as its own school. But in DS2, its the age of man and the age of darkness. The Dark is powerful enough to warrant its own school of magic.


    There is one massive problem with with interpretation of the Dark Souls timeline(s): New Game Plus. NG+ is super easy to explain in Dark Souls 1, and to a lesser extent in DS3. Since DS1 and 3 both take place during the Age of Fire, each NG+ cycle represents a new linking of the First Flame.

    This explanation doesn't work for DS2 though if we consider it the age of darkness. There's no First Flame to link, just an empty, dead kiln to sit in, or thanks to SotFS, reject.

    So my first question is: what does NG+ represent in DS2?

    My second question is a little...dumber. See when I was researching the available endings to DS2, I realized I know next to nothing about the Throne of Want, other than everyone seems to want (get it?) to sit on it. What does sitting on the Throne of Want actually do? Why does Nashandra want it so bad? Why does the Emerald Herald want you to sit on it so bad? When you finally do, the credits play and...you're teleported to majula? It makes no sense to me.

    submitted by /u/14ierophant
    [link] [comments]

    What is the moste op strengh or dex build (without shield ) for pve

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    I want to make a quick run with a broken build for fun do you have any idea ?

    submitted by /u/patatejean371
    [link] [comments]

    Is the EXP curve supposed to be broken in this game?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    I've lit 2 of 4 Primal Bonfires and I'm already level 90. That doesn't seem right. That's about where I was at after finishing the DLC in DS1. I don't go out of my way to grind, either. I'm just not shy about using my Bones to preserve EXP.

    It just feels like the EXP distribution is out of whack in this game. Is it normal to feel this overleveled?

    I have not taken off the Covetous Serpent Ring since I found it, but the same was true when I played DS1.

    submitted by /u/ViewtifulGene
    [link] [comments]

    King Vendrick

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    I have killed King Vendrick, but I can't open the door in Shrine of Amana to get his soul.

    Does anybody know how to get through the door?

    submitted by /u/JurreB17
    [link] [comments]

    What just happened?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    Ran up to talk to the guy w the "fake" moonlight greatsword. Ran back into Majula. Then bam a prompt saying I got a twinkling titanite pops up. In Majula my first thought was, "who just died?"

    submitted by /u/DavidHill76
    [link] [comments]

    SL 1 PROGRESSION BUILD

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    Having fun with this one. Starting SL 1, 2h the mace and light crossbow and I plan with each NG cycle, give myself slight level ups. NG+ SL10, NG++ SL20, etc. Been a blast so far. Recommend.

    submitted by /u/JustMolecules
    [link] [comments]

    anyone from the sunlight heirs covenant at sm14m wanting some jolly cooperation?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    please i dont want to farm falconers

    submitted by /u/vingasosa
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I beat the persuer, thanks for the tips.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    Majestic Greatsword for Majestic Greatsword?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    Hi! So I wanna do a Majestic Greatsword build, but like I wanna have the sword early on. I was hoping someone would give me the sword on one character. I would then switch to one of my other characters with it, and just give you the sword on that character.

    submitted by /u/MrBlackstain488
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    I was told "OH make the dragonrider fall off the platform" HOW DO I DO THAT? I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR

    submitted by /u/Cheesybutters3
    [link] [comments]

    Blind playthrough as an int character. Pursuer story below. *spoilers

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:33 PM PDT

    So im carefully wandering ariund that area after the last giant and suddenly a knight falls to the earth and one shots me. (No fog gate or anything. Also i wasnt full health die to the death penalty thing) i go get my full health back, wander over to the spot all alert and ready.....nothing. He doesnt show up. "Great, i missed a hidden boss or something." So i continue wandering around. Fog gate. Boss? ...KNIGHT GUY SHOWS UP. confused we fight and i...die. I try again but this time as im dying i notice the ballistae....no...could this work? Next attempt i FREAKING OUT TWO GIANT BALLISTAE BOLTS THROUGH HIM AND WIN. HAHAHAHAHA.

    sorry for the terrible story telling. Im just so excited and have been laughing my ass off for ten minutes now. I love that they put that in the game. Hahaha. Wow dark souls 2. Im loving you.

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Medals

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    So, i got the Sotfs edition (too late i know) but i dont have ps+ so i can't help people in the Sun covenant and my question is: how and where can i farm sunlight medals? The sun sword is my favorite in this game and i want it :(

    submitted by /u/achinchillakundera
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know any glitches

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of any soul dupe glitches?

    submitted by /u/DanielYeetBrown
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on which build to go with for my 2nd playthrough? I've narrowed it down to 3 choices.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:43 AM PDT

    I'm doing a Souls series marathon and I just cleared DS1 for the 3rd time using a "Samurai" build (DEX-based 2H katana + bow with the eastern set). Mostly did it because of Sekiro. My original plan was to play all the Souls games again with a Samurai build, but I've always played DEX in all my playthroughs so I kinda wanna try something new. Of course, I'm still not ruling out playing as a Samurai in this one, since not all DEX builds play the same (in DS1 ive played a Great Scythe build, in my 1st DS2 playthrough I played powerstanced rapiers/curved swords, and in DS3 i played sellsword twinblades). That said though, I am super familiar with DEX builds and their general gameplan already so it probably wouldn't even feel that new aside from the weapon choice.

    So aside from the samurai build, I've got my sights set on a Hexblade build or a Magic Knight (INT) build. For the Magic Knight, I've played one before in DS1. It was enjoyable, but a bit too OP. I heard mages are more difficult to play after DS1, but I kinda already have a bit of an idea on how to build them and their general playstyle so I can adjust (pretty sure early game will be a Fire Longsword run lol). As for the Hexblade build, it sounds super cool and I want to try it, but I have no gameplan for this build at all since I don't know anything that would be good for it (not even how to spread stats). That isn't really a problem though tbh, since playing something unfamiliar can be fun too. It's just that I wouldn't want to try and build a Hexblade build on my own then end up in another build because I fucked up my stats/weapon choices/etc. I'm also considering a crossbow only build, but that feels way too gimmicky so I'm not really counting it.

    So which build do you suggest I go for? Why do you suggest that particular build, and do you have any tips on how to play that especially for the early game?

    submitted by /u/Alice_Is_Third
    [link] [comments]

    Covenant spells.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    So I can't find any way around the sunlight medals but as far as all the other covenant spells...are they all buyable on ng+++ from the npc in Drangleic castle?

    So all is have to do for the trophies is buy them from him and grind the sunlight medals? Seems awfully simple so had to ask to make sure this info is correct.

    submitted by /u/trailmixjesus
    [link] [comments]

    I really hate freja

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    I have beat all other 3 great souls and I keep getting stuck on freja I have tried the torch to keep the spiders away I'm honestly tempted to just say fuck it and farm a million souls to open the damn door myself

    submitted by /u/forrest125
    [link] [comments]

    finally beat the game.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:38 PM PDT

    Just dunked on the Burnt Ivory King, concluding my first run through of the game (SOTFS edition). I've already beaten both DS1 and 3, but I've gotta say, this might be my favourite one. my favourite bosses were easily fume knight, sir alonne, burnt ivory king, darklurker, and looking glass knight, with my favourite area being the iron keep.

    submitted by /u/pro_beau
    [link] [comments]

    I am going for 100% on PC currently on the all sorceries achievement

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    I was wondering what the best sm to invade the bells is in SOTFS if anyone has any useful knowledge on the topic that would help greatly.

    submitted by /u/Korinom1
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker is wild

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    This boss hits almost as hard as the ancient dragon without any dark resist gear, and the fact that he splits in half is nuts, I just spent 2 hours trying to beat him to no avail, then I remembered he's weak to fire so I respec for a pyromancy build, and I beat him first try without taking a single hit, just absolutely crazy how varied the difficulty can be for this boss based on your build

    submitted by /u/SilverSAS
    [link] [comments]

    Smelter Demon SKIPPED HIS SECOND PHASE????

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 04:43 AM PDT

    Yes folks, I am not kidding. After this happened to me, I looked around the internet but found nothing. I think I have finally found an undiscovered bug. How exactly I triggered this I don't know, but I suspect it has to do with dealing more damage than what you're supposed to and timing your attacks in a certain way that he never has time to back off and buff up. Lemme know what you guys think.

    https://youtu.be/V8lYXHy39k8?t=3614

    submitted by /u/NoNMightyMasturbator
    [link] [comments]

    I miss this game.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    DS3 pvp is so fucking boring. I have so many good memories from when this game was first released and the years following it, probably the best time I've ever had with a game in my entire life. I wish I could go back and stay in 2014 forever. Feels bad man.

    submitted by /u/ShlomoDongstein
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment