• Breaking News

    Monday, September 30, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Can't open Shrine of Winter in NG+ despite increasing Soul Memory by 2 million since starting NG+

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    According to the wiki, to open the Shrine of Winter you need the 4 lord souls, or 1 million soul memory. I want to talk about the soul memory here, not the lord souls.

    In NG+, the soul memory requirement is increased by 1 million. That means that within your NG+ playthrough, you have to increase your soul memory by 2 million to open the Shrine. My soul memory has been increased by more than 2 million since I began NG+, but for some reason the Shrine is still not opening. Any clues as to why? According to the wiki, it should open.

    UPDATE: It opened! I visited the door again and it still said 'Seek Mightier Souls'. Then I killed the dragonrider in Heide's Tower of Flame, went to the bonfire right before No Man's Wharf, and then warped back to Shaded Woods. Walked up to the Shrine and it allowed me to open it. My current SM is 2,099,163 higher than when I started NG+. There's no way of truly knowing what made the difference, but I have a suspicion that Great Resonant Soul affected this. It uses 500 souls per shot. This doesn't affect your Soul Memory of course, but I can't think of anything else that would have altered the soul requirement slightly like this.

    submitted by /u/SoulsJunkie
    [link] [comments]

    The Smartest Thing B-Team Did (imho)...

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    ... was allowing us to invade players who have killed the area boss and/or are hollow.

    I just spent several hours, on this day of our Lord Memezaki, 30th September 2019, invading, summoning reds and dragonbros, and getting invaded in Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, and almost every time I touched the cracked red orbs... instant invasion, most of them back to back to back. Dear God, so much action!

    This was on PC, 1,6M Soul Memory. GGs to all of the cool guys and gals I did jolly pvp with except the one lost cheater who took no damage, but even he seemed like just a confused noob who was too scared to play legit, so whatever, no biggie.

    And I mean what I said in the title: it's easier and faster to find invasions in this game than Dark Souls 3 even though 3 has like 8-10 times more players on at any given moment. That is how massive of a difference B-Team's decision to allow us to invade hollow players and bossless areas truly is.

    Also, I saw summon signs all over the place, so the community seems still plenty active. It's just bittersweet that I missed the heyday of DS2, but thanks to B-Team's ingenious decision, I still get to experience as much pvp and co-op as I can handle.

    Hell, I even got to experience the rare gank when a red I summoned and an invader teamed up against me. It was a hilarious spell of complete chaos and the highlight of the session despite my unfortunate demise in the end. When I died and both of them shrugged in perfect unison, I had to laugh.

    So here's to B-Team, a standing ovation to Tanimura & co! Praise the Sun! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/Jinxed_Scrub
    [link] [comments]

    This game's soundtrack is so underappreciated

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Other than Majula, I was really having a hard time finding any of the boss themes to be very memorable. They didn't leave much impact on me at all. Then it dawned on me that the biggest reason for this is that they are extremely quiet for some reason in the mixing of the game. After I turned the music up fairly higher than the other sound levels in the options menu, I find the boss themes in this one to be on level with the others in the series.

    Not sure why they were so quietly mixed in, but now that I have it cranked up it does add a lot to the grand feeling of the boss battles.

    submitted by /u/James_Lars
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon for PVE.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 11:35 AM PDT

    Just wondering what you all find to be the strongest weapon(s) to carry you through a few NG cycles? I'm currently using the Lost Sinner Sword +5 and without sin, it's putting out a lot of damage. For context, my current stats are: VGR 50 END 20 VIT 29 ATN 10 STR 50 DEX 50 ADP 32 INT 15 FTH 25

    Edit: I do also have RWinblade + Drakeblood Greatsword I use often.

    submitted by /u/Gubtodi
    [link] [comments]

    About the heineken beer can and the car wheel textures

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if they were ever removed? Or were they just Easter eggs.

    submitted by /u/SilverMugg
    [link] [comments]

    Does the dragon curved great sword still smack?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    Thinking of starting a play through and speed running to get it, if it does what should I use to sl1 the spider boss?

    submitted by /u/RustyMatrix
    [link] [comments]

    My dark souls 2 story. (so far) [mobile warning]

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 08:58 AM PDT

    So, originally I bought the souls trilogy for my PS4 as a bundle. I beat dark souls 1 first, with my very lucky black knight greatsword drop.

    Then I tried dark souls 2 sotfs and couldnt really get into it, so I skipped that one for the time being and dug into dark souls 3, which I played for well over 1000 hours before I remembered that I had dark souls 2.

    So I went to play dark souls 2. I got the the shrine of amana, couldnt beat it, and ended up playing dark souls 3 again.

    Then, I decided to get sotfs on PC with my new gaming laptop. I started playing but eventually got to iron keep and decided F THIS I WANT TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. I took another 3 month break from dark souls 2 before getting back into it this weekend.

    I played for about 24 hours beating about 6(?) bosses. I beat the covetous demon(easy), the medusa witch lady(forgot her name but she was easy too).

    Then I got to iron keep. I came out of there after losing like 9 humanities(maybe more). I then killed smelter demon in 3 tries.

    It took me 4 tries to kill the old iron king, but it was just stupid mistakes that killed me there.

    Then I went to the shaded woods and killed najka(first try), after her I went backwards a bit and attempted to get into the frost dlc(nope).

    Then I went to belfry sol which i didnt know existed until now.

    I entered drangleic castle and died to the poison trap room twice, ran out of life gems twice, and then beat dragonriders with npc help.

    After that i went to the next zone and figured out the manikin golem puzzle pretty easily. I then went and killed the mirror knight with ease(with npc help as well).

    After that I hit shrine of amana. The first part was easy, it took me one try to get through. The second part took me 5, and the final part was relatively easy-ish.

    Then I got to demon of song. 2 hits to kill with combos that can hit you twice at the same time. This boss took me swapping weapons and armor to best.

    Then I got to the next zone. Undead crypt was hard, I had to buy a bunch of effigies from the grave keeper guy.

    Bellstadt was overrated in my opinion. He was easy.

    After that I grabbed the king's ring and went to the gate in the forest of fallen giants, I was disappointed. Then I went to the door in the shaded woods. I was less disappointed.

    I entered aldia's keep and died to petrification before finding the bonfire in plain sight. I killed the stone mimic(I was surprised). I entered and was disappointed by the lack of a skull that comes alive. I killed the giant basilisk, killed the stoned ogre/troll, and entered the hallway. Killed the painting guardian guys with the gold masks.

    I was surprised by the 2 ogre attacks in a row. Then, I went and first tried the dragon in the cage.

    I got to the aerie and said, "Fuck that, I'm out."

    It was 1 o' clock in the morning and I had to be up at 5.

    Sorry for the rant. :)

    TL;DR: I got ds2 on the ps4, stopped and then beat half the game on PC instead.

    submitted by /u/Artoriastheblender
    [link] [comments]

    What weapons are "fun", to you?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    I recently got to the Bell tower with the little grey dudes and the bell guardian covenant, and I started wondering what weapons I should try to go with. In the other DS games I've went ultras / greatswords or big hammers and shit. That's all cool and fun, but I wanna do something different. Halberds exist, maybe I'll do that, but online I see lots of people dual wielding clubs or swords, can someone explain? I may even restart, since I don't think I'm too far in, with a +5 bastard sword :> basically- just tell me about what weapons you liked using and what not.

    submitted by /u/69_CatLover420_69
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a Dark Souls 2 YouTube video

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    I've been listening to Bonfireside Chat and they keep mentioning this video where it demonstrates how to beat all the bosses, but the guy keeps purposefully calling the Iron Keep "Magma Mansion" and Royal Rat Authority the "Authority of the Royal Rat." I really want to watch the video because it sounds hilarious, but I can't find it on YouTube. I figured someone here would know.

    submitted by /u/ManSerpentGreatsword
    [link] [comments]

    Aside from the fashion, I think my favorite thing about ds2 is being able to replay bosses.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    Needed the cats ring. Didn't have the souls. Didn't even think twice about just using a boss soul. This is a freedom I enjoy very, very much.

    submitted by /u/DatFrostyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Dark spirit 9 is a cheater and is ruining the game.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    He's in huntsman's corpse rn, and he has too many weapons and stats to just be a twink. He's also double invading.

    submitted by /u/riodin
    [link] [comments]

    Does My Noob Invader Build Make Any Sense?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    I'm new to ds2 and had a blast invading with my 1,6M build but that's mostly end game/Iron Keep/DLC stuff, and I'd like to also check out the activity at lower SM ranges, so I whipped up a 700,000-799,999SM build:

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/80512

    I don't really know anything about buildcraft in ds2, so I did what seemed sensible to me. The logic of the build:

    I'm mostly going to be using the Longsword but I also like rapiers, spears, katanas etc. The Strength and Dex are the minimum required to use the weapons I like, to power stance a few weapons etc.

    I have enough Adaptability to get 100 Agility (I prefer 105 at higher SMs but I figured 100 would be fine for lower levels).

    I have just enough Faith and Attunement to cast Great Heal Excerpt once and to get a near full heal out of it. I tried a spiced version but the amount of hp I got out of it was pitiful, so I went with 14 Fth.

    The rest of the points I just shoved into health and Endurance with an emphasis on survivability, being able to take a few hits, make a few trades.

    Am I on the right track? Anything I could improve or change?

    submitted by /u/Jinxed_Scrub
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting the pursuer

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    Do you guys got any tips for fighting the pursuer

    submitted by /u/Sayo-Narra
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 earthen peak . . . how the hell do you deal with manikins?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    My SL1 run was going okay, but these manakins are absolutely destroying me. I have the mace at +7 and raw, so my DPS is good, but they're too fast for anything I can use that's practical.

    oh, and of course they usually come after me in pairs. love this game

    submitted by /u/Peytons_5head
    [link] [comments]

    [Speedrun] Any% Current Patch in 50:55 RTA No Load / 52:06 RTA (World Record) by Galasrinie

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    My shitty explanation about why this series needs an animated series

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 12:06 AM PDT

    Just posting this here because I dont know, I may post this to other ds subreddits but this ones first

    The Soulsborne series NEEDS an animated series, in anime style. I mean, it's perfect for one is it not? The lore is good, if not great for an animated series, and the whole theme of dark souls, dying over and over again due to the unforgiving nature of the game series and then for the main goal of linking the fire sounds like it would make for some great series or whatnot. During the process of the series the chosen undead/bearer of the curse/ashen one could find better equipment to help them on their way, whilst the enemies get harder and harder as they go on. As well as the end of dark souls 3, with the fight against slave knight gael would make for a truly epic finale. I can't really put it into words, but I have a great imagination and I can see the soulsborne series being amazing for an animated saga. It would allow for lore to be easier to access. However, some may argue that it would spoil the games for those who haven't played it. Your point is valid, but there could be a spoiler alert at the start of each episode.

    I know this is a horrible way of bringing it around but I'm pretty bad with words.

    Tl;dr, The soulsborne series needs a animated series

    submitted by /u/autistic-child
    [link] [comments]

    Could be?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Is there any relationship between Raime, Fume Knight and Artorias, The Abysswalker? Both use a greatsword with the left hand, the two have certain relationship with the darkness and their armors are similar.

    submitted by /u/jonasrguez13
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having trouble fighting Velstadt?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    This boss is hell for me, anyone else know some tips or weaknesses to him?

    submitted by /u/on3_sleepy_b0i
    [link] [comments]

    Royal Rat Authority isn't that bad

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    This is not a troll post.

    I am playing my way through the souls series, with this being my third game after DS1 and DS3. I have heard horror stories about Royal Rat, but truth be told I actually had a lot of fun with him. I will admit I have a soft spot for horror themed bosses, but I really enjoyed his design and theme.

    I'm not even kidding when I say I can probably think of 10 bosses I have enjoyed less than Royal Rat. He seems to be one of the most hated bosses of the whole series but I thought he was a pretty fun filler boss and more memorable to me than Dragonrider, Ruin Sentinels, etc.

    submitted by /u/James_Lars
    [link] [comments]

    Great soul trouble

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    Ok so I'm playing through ds2 normally I beat the rotten and the lost sinner and I beat dukes dear what ever it's called and the big crystal beneath the dragon didn't break. I know after you kill bigg spider it's Aspose to break and its the great soul . It didn't happen for me and I don't know why. That's all and praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/6Solaire-of-Astora9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment