• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 28, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I created a simple map for DS2: SotFS. Thoughts?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    I created a really simple progress map (routes + estus/bone dust) because I thought the map you see on the wiki was too crowded. Any thoughts/remarks?

    https://imgur.com/a/MtII7zk

    submitted by /u/SwydeOfAstoras
    [link] [comments]

    My worst experience

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    Before I start my little rant, I love DS2.

    However, there is one boss, one tiny insignificant boss which killed me more times than I care to admit. Me and my mates played DS2 offline when we lost internet for a week. I have played many runs of the game so I am quite good and know what to do. Barely die to bosses, but..

    THE FUME KNIGHT

    That prick, for some reason bested me everytime, and yes I got rid of all the healing things. But I dont know why, he just got inside my head. Ruined me every time... I was fuming. That bean of a boss must have killed me over 50 times... I could not sleep in fear of him entering my dreams and killing me there.. close my eyes and see "YOU DIED" and him just jerking it over my limp hollow corpse.

    submitted by /u/TheSauciestSquirrel
    [link] [comments]

    I...really like this game so far?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    I beat Sekiro, bloodborne, DS3, and DS1 but didn't intend to pick up DS2 because so many people hate on it in the other soulsborne subs, saying it isn't really dark souls, etc. Then a few days ago I saw DS2:SotFS on sale for $9.99 on the PS store and decided to give it a shot. I just beat the first boss and I am really digging it. The consistent 60 FPS, the scenery in Majula, the level design...so far it's been great. Is there something I'm missing? Does this game start going downhill?

    Side note: what's the deal with all these mist walls that aren't bosses?

    submitted by /u/BonnaroovianCode
    [link] [comments]

    Bout to start a new game

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Any suggestions for a build?

    Edit: XBOX 360 vanilla DS2 no DLC

    submitted by /u/catzomb13
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me with steam backups i lost my character

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 07:11 AM PDT

    Alight i backed up with steam but how the hell do i load the data?
    i'm literally having a mental breakdown with this i spend days on a character and then it's gone some real bullshit
    https://imgur.com/a/QmFktAl

    submitted by /u/fuckdarksouls2_
    [link] [comments]

    I just killed the smelter demon!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    That fight was probably one of the hardest I've had so far, probably because of how the boss forces you to use a combination of blocks and dodging. I've always gone to one extreme or the other. That and getting to the actual fight was a trial in itself. Thanks to anyone who read this little rant!

    submitted by /u/pew-pew-inator
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I invade anyone?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    I'm trying to invade, but when I use the cracked red eye orb, it immediately says "unable to find a world to invade". I am human, and the warp menu indicates that there are hosts in this area, yet I can't invade. I can get summoned via red sign though. This is infuriating

    submitted by /u/Sammakkooo
    [link] [comments]

    Faith or Int?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:29 AM PDT

    Currently, im an int build and sometimes use moonlight gs, sometimes heide spear. I chose sorceries because ive used pyro in ds1 and miracles in ds3. But, i dont know why, but i want to switch to faith. Is it better/more fun to use miracles or sorceries? (P.S. mlgs is a good weapon, but not best, so im alright with dropping it)

    submitted by /u/yaboifudge
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know any good early game Great swords?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    By early game I mean befor I light my first primal bonfire

    submitted by /u/JMCQ1202
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else do a cosplay for their character before?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    I did Escanor (7 deadly sins) and used a halbert one handed, along with some pyromancy

    submitted by /u/Datruedabking
    [link] [comments]

    Do bonfire ascetics for bosses give you the boss soul if you've already used it the first time?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    How many of you have actually ran into the "radiant trap" chest?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    All these years later, and I JUST NOW ran into my first one. I was completely freaked out because i'd never seen one before and had no idea what was even happening. All of that red mist bellowing from the chest looks seriously intimidating. At first it reminded me of the spider summon chest in Brightstone Cove Tseldora before the Prowling Magus fight, so I half expected spiders to appear. But then nothing happened, I didn't get hurt, and no instant spiders. So I looked it up and was disappointed that I missed the free heal.

    Apparently, they're extremely rare. So I was wondering how many of you have actually found one in game, and how you reacted to it.

    submitted by /u/djdaem0n
    [link] [comments]

    Laydia witch affinity spell doesn’t do damage sometimes... Why?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    I got to undead crypt and the laydia witches spammed affinity and I got hit by two of the orbs and no damage was dealt whats up with that?

    submitted by /u/GAC44
    [link] [comments]

    Belfry Luna b4 Sinners Rise

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    Ds2 wiki suggests doing Belfry Luna before Sinners Rise. Why?

    Is it so you get the Bastille key?

    submitted by /u/Replic_uk
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my first ever playthrough

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Recently purchased the trilogy after years of getting round to it. Fell in love with DS1 and then moved onto 2. I went into it with a little trepidation because of the shit it gets from the Souls community but wow... what an incredible game. Just wanted to know what sort of builds you guys went with? I found it way more versatile and easy to switch weapons/styles midgame in this one. I started out using the bastard sword til about midway through the game and then moved onto the greatsword. By the endgame i was switching between that, the red iron twinblade and the curved dragon greatsword. There are soooo many viable weapons in this game!!!

    submitted by /u/TimmyV92
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help with shrine of amana(PS4) 1mil soul memory

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    I used Steam Backup before a Windows Reset and now can't find my SotFS save

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    Hey folks. So I had a character on DS2 that was just ready to go for NG+ -- beat all the bosses including the optional ones, was just trying to figure out the Crushed Red Eye orb thing. Anyway, earlier in the day I was having an issue with my computer that I just couldn't figure out. Basically I had a WiFi adapter issue that wouldn't fix itself and seemed to be unfixable with driver updates. So I decided to use Windows Reset. And since I didn't want to lose any non-cloud Steam data, I used the backup feature on Steam. Now that I've reinstalled my selected games, I decided to play DS2. Except my character isn't there. I really don't want to think that I just lost my save data. Can somebody help me out here? Is there somewhere I need to look or am I totally fucked?

    /Edit/

    Never mind; Windows Reset creates a folder called /Windows.old that contains AppData. Whew.

    submitted by /u/Saoirse_Says
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I cheat the game

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    I use great shields, the dragon tooth great hammer, and bleed rapiers, along with some spammable spells and crossbows, and a high enough vit to carry it all without fat-rolling, am I basically cheating?

    submitted by /u/Datruedabking
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimate Mage Build.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    So...here is a link to a build that I want to pull off. Build

    So, my main question is, what Class should I start as, what element should I go for first, and what spells should I be using?

    submitted by /u/NekoSel0
    [link] [comments]

    Alright, I can use some guidance on my Dex/Hex build.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 11:23 PM PDT

    It's for PvE focus for now. I can really use help in terms of leveling. I just popped a bunch of Souls. I got 213,000 to work with. That's 9 levels. I do have a Soul Vessel as well.

    Here are my stats: LV130

    VGR - 21

    END - 18

    VIT - 5

    ATN - 20

    STR - 20

    DEX - 50

    ADP - 6

    INT - 23

    FTH - 20

    I've read with a DEX-50 and a Chaos Blade +5 the attack damage is 374. I thought that was pretty sweet for a 6.0 weight weapon.

    My armor is to keep me light with good mid-rolls. Standing at 55.3% but can scale down to 48.7%. If I opted for the Iron Parma +3 instead of the Drangleic Shield.

    Anyways my equipment is Chaos Blade +4 with Binoculars. Then my staff is the Witchtree Branch +10.

    submitted by /u/JustForReddit9167
    [link] [comments]

    Off-hand weapon for a quality build?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    I am running a 40 Str / 45 Dex Build (CDGS and switching to Bone Fists every now and then), But i would like my CDGS playstyle to keep some essence of my original build (a Caestus Run) i really, really tried using a Caestus in the off-hand, but the thrusting attacks+low range don´t make for a good combo in this scenario.

    I'll try some other weapons movesets the next time i get to play, which ones do you recommend?

    Also thank you all, this community has helped me and other people a lot, love ya <3

    submitted by /u/WitnesSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Mods in general

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 10:30 PM PDT

    Are mods like shaders and retextures bannable in this old ass game? Really wanted to try some, but since no one plays this game anymore, invasions are rare, and i dont want to make them even rarer by getting myself softbanned

    submitted by /u/QueenOfZzombies
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with build

    Posted: 27 Sep 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    So I'm completely new to ds2, as of right now I'm using a +5 Richards Rapier with 40 dex. I feel like I'm doing pretty decent damage but I'm wondering if I should infuse it with something and start focusing on leveling VGR and END (currently at 18 & 15 respectively) or if I should start pumping my points into faith so I can buff with sunlight blade. Also any other helpful hints are welcome.

    submitted by /u/Lt_Dickballs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment